Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS ONLINE

Comments

• LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited December 2014
    The Sims 4 was originally suppose to be an online game, but with SimCity failing miserably, they changed it at last minute to an offline game.

It was never going to be truly "online"...it was going to be like the Sims Social, where you could visit (a copy of) friends lot but not interact in real time.

I doubt if EA will ever make the sims online again (because its not appropriate for 12 year olds) , but im still hoping another developer will make one as good, or even almost as good for the 18+ year olds who would love the game in a real time online world :)
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    I also played tso. My fav part was the box it came in with the spinning wheel thing to change hair:
    WLfAA9V.png
  • PurplebutterflyPurplebutterfly Posts: 158 Member
    I enjoyed my TSO days and was sad when they pulled the plug on it. I doubt they will do that again, but won't say never.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    EA doesn't have to do any more than convert the tablet version of The Sims Free Play into a PC version. Playdom did it with Disney City Girl; for awhile they converted some of their facebook games into PC versions with the same type of gameplay. I actually think that, if EA put its creative thinking caps on, they could easily adapt the Sims Free Play into a PC version; there's a lot more to do in that game than there is in a Sims Online clone. Sims Free Play has life stages, for example.

However, it may not be what players expect in terms of being able to chat live with other players. In Disney City Girl's PC version, I couldn't chat live with other players. My avatar could only visit their avatar and chat them up to get social points.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    I'm not a fan of TSO here. I don't bear it any ill-will, but I don't want Maxis to try to make the 'main game' into an online game. Which is to say, if they want to make a new TSO, separate and discreet from 'The Sims' line of single-player games, I'm fine with that. But don't muck up 'The Sims n' trying to make it into something different for an online community. Just my own 2 cents.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • BaristatyeBaristatye Posts: 96 Member
    I think EA can create a new better TSO that is safe for like 16+ and it would make a lot of money
  • Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    edited July 2015
    Post edited by Vici0us_Virus on
  • frgttnsmfrgttnsm Posts: 1 New Member
    I played TSO for a while. In 2004 I met a man in there who would later become my husband and we have now been married for 8 and a half years..... We got married IRL on the same day that our Sims did in the game; just two years later.... I also moved half way around the world to be able to do that after visiting the year previously. When they shut TSO down (I think in August, 2009), even though we had long stopped playing, we were both very sad about it. <3
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    frgttnsm wrote: »
    I played TSO for a while. In 2004 I met a man in there who would later become my husband and we have now been married for 8 and a half years..... We got married IRL on the same day that our Sims did in the game; just two years later.... I also moved half way around the world to be able to do that after visiting the year previously. When they shut TSO down (I think in August, 2009), even though we had long stopped playing, we were both very sad about it.

What a wonderful story of you and your husband :)

Only ever played when it was renamed to EA Land and LOVED the experience! Wish there was a way to get it back.
    Lift me up - Let me go
    frgttnsm wrote: »
    I played TSO for a while. In 2004 I met a man in there who would later become my husband and we have now been married for 8 and a half years..... We got married IRL on the same day that our Sims did in the game; just two years later.... I also moved half way around the world to be able to do that after visiting the year previously. When they shut TSO down (I think in August, 2009), even though we had long stopped playing, we were both very sad about it.

wow that is too sweet

• PhadePhade Posts: 1 New Member
    I used to play TSO too. Would gladly pay to play that game again. So many memories. So many friends. I also met someone in real life that I met in TSO. We are still friends to this day. There were/are really no other games like it. Sure the numbers dwindled, but it happens to every game. You just have to adapt, not quit. Many games these days are starting to have an online and offline option. Maybe The Sims 5 can be like that too? To the people who say they don't want others interfering, the rooms in TSO were lockable. I have been watching the restoration projects closely. Hoping one day I can relive those days.
  • avakinsavakins Posts: 1 New Member
    I also am a fellow TSOer... I started playing in January 2003 and was there when they ruined it with EA Land and then shut it down.. Good times we had and friends I made... Joined internet radio stations and pizza marathons.. contests.. death contests.. good times. people say it failed... but couldn't have failed that much if it was around for 4/5 years? I hated second life.. no comparison to TSO .. I liked TSO because it was just a chill game while hanging out with friends. i also miss Sims 1 sometimes :)
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Only played TSO when it became free and redubbed as EA Land. Remember searching far and wide for TSO when it was announced and then it was a North American exclusive...
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • SevidaSevida Posts: 4 New Member
    I miss it so much even the tedious lvling/skilling I was so deep into it they really need to man up and release a version of it instead of the cookie cutter mess on FB people counted down for. SMH *Prays for a well executed version of TSO* I will pay if it's as fun as TSO was and oh, hehe trust me it's hard to keep a 13yr old coming back but, I did in those days lolol. So Maxis/EA hop to it! <3 <3 <3 :)
  • Kellzbellz91Kellzbellz91 Posts: 3 New Member
    I miss this game, please bring it back..
  • hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    it makes me soo sad that i never got to try tso. but i've always wanted an online gameplay OPTION. if we don't like it, we just turn it off. my husband is all about online games that i just can't get into. i think i'd like to play with others if it was more simple like our Sims is..
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • DaraB224DaraB224 Posts: 9 New Member
    Had so much fun with TSO with @swcheppes! I remember we made an awesome house and use to host game show events. We were pretty popular. I wish I had screen shots from it or something!
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    We need to start a petition to get this game back or remade
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I'm not interested in any Sim game being online. It just turns into a giant chat room with not much actual gameplay going on. Plus, TSO was full of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wanting to chat with teenagers. It's just not a good environment for a Sims game.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • MelissaDGMelissaDG Posts: 1 New Member
    I played TSO from Dec 2002 till sometime in 2008. I quit before it switched to EA Land. My sim was MrX in Dan's Grove. My house was X's Skillatorium. I did have many friends and it was the people and chats and contests that made the game interesting. I still play original sims, but it's not the same without the REAL people. I made one special friend that I still keep in contact with and we've been friends over ten years. I ended up introducing her to a guy I played Everquest with, and now my two best game buddies (from different games) are married. He showed her Everquest, but TSO is long gone. I'd pay to play it again. Fo sho. My sim was over a thousand days old.
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    One word: FreeSO
  • Kellzbellz91Kellzbellz91 Posts: 3 New Member
    I can't stand it when people say they don't want anothe TSO. You have the regular Sims so what would it matter to you if we did have it??? Iseriously have fantasies of playing this game again lol.
    the sims online is back! is back as freeso, free sims online, look it up and download it! I play it in the back ground of sims 4 half the time =D
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    One word: FreeSO

yesss omgggg lol
  • kismetkismet Posts: 61 Member
    I'm going to look up Freeso. Doubt it'd be available for Mac, but wouldn't hurt to look for it.