Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    New entry about the happenings in TwinTowns... And now I'm off to CAW to try to install the familes in my world - crossing my fingers the game won't crash back to desktop... :\
    NymlADp.jpg
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    I played last night. Changed over to my SIM who is determined to live in all the worlds before choosing one to settle down in.

She's busily banging away on her laptop to finish the mystery novel she started. She needed a break, so I sent her to China. Not much more exciting happened because I got tired and went to bed. *mental note* don't start my games after 9 p.m.* LOL
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's a special update from my test in Glen Harbor.
    I did a test load of Glen Harbor to check on my Mod settings to make sure none of them were messed up from updating my Mods.
    Here's where Davis and Lacey Bell live.
    16343994792_8fb71f6164.jpg
    Here's where Eli and Ami Jankowsky live.
    16344868555_fce26887d5.jpg
    Carol Jankowsky is in his baby cot and Carey's in her own cot.
    16318939596_b310e3e6de.jpg
    Here's where Rudy Wagner and Lacey Walker live.
    16158710349_8a129c2027.jpg
    I took this as Cory and Angel Frankovitch were getting up.
    16344883825_f2ccb0057b.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member
    @acb44 dang twins are hard lol (I have a set irl)
    but alien baby on top of that lol, I never can seem to get those darned aliens to impregnate my sims

@jillbg‌ good luck

@emorrill haven't had a chance to look at your story since the fist time will catch up tomorrow

nothing happened at all in my game never even loaded it went of a crazy 6 hrs just downloading stuff I liked and "might" use. lol. my downloads folder is like at 6000 before that and did another 3 I think, not sure. I like to have things on hand, had one too many items go missing and the site I got them is gone so ya I am a bit of a sims cc obsessive hoarder type
    Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

• DressedInDreamsDressedInDreams Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2015
    I haven't played yet today, but yesterday was quite chaotic in my game. At first, a fire started in the Brown family's kitchen. I was actually really worried for a while since the neighbours (the Bryan family) came over to watch and blocked the door, so the firefighter couldn't get inside and the Brown family couldn't get out. Luckily, after resetting the neighbours lots of times (they always kept running back to the door) the firefighter was able to get inside and extinguish the fire. The whole kitchen was ruined, but at least no one died.

Later on, I switched households. It was time for my sim Lora to get married! She recently fulfilled her heartbreaker lifetime wish, and after dating 10 different sims she finally found a guy to settle down with - her old friend and neighbour Richard Jewett. Unfortunately, their wedding didn't quite go as planned. A kid who wasn't even invited in the first place was behaving inappropriately, so Lora kindly asked him to leave. What she (and I) didn't know was that asking someone to leave before the wedding ceremony had started caused both Lora and Richard to get the "Missed own wedding" moodlet, and they were no longer able to get married. Richard then picked up the phone to throw another wedding party later the same evening, hoping to finally have the wedding he had dreamt of for so long, but even though the guests arrived and no one left, he and Lora still weren't able to get married. Instead they were forced to have a private wedding, while still at the party, but no one seemed to care or even notice at all. Needless to say, Richard and Lora were pretty unhappy after that.

(I wish I was a member so I could post screenshots! Hopefully it won't take too long...)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @Enchantedprey No problem. ;) I understand how crazy life can get. It's up to 9 chapters now. :D

Be sure to "like" the chapter posts that way know people are still reading it. It motivates me to write more. ;) I'm really enjoying it!

I love reading your updates too everyone. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @DressedInDreams-Your game sounds exciting.I use fire alarms in kitchens and have more than one way in or out.
    @emorrill-Thanks!I enjoy your story!
    Here's a picture from my Oak Leaf legacy.
    Screenshot-1214.jpg
    @TadOlson, it is exciting, at least sometimes. ;) I use fire alarms in my kitchens as well but I usually don't have more than one way out. I should probably consider that in the future!
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited January 2015
    @TadOlson, @DressedInDreams, I don't use fire alarms, nor burglar alarms. I think it's more fun when they have to call the fire brigade or the police...
    TadOlson: Can I ask you why everything is blue in your legacy? Apart from thinking you love blue, of course. :) But it's really intriguing me... :\ How many lots are there in your world. Do you place them as the story progresses or did you plan everything in CAW?
    @Enchantedprey: Back to desktop... :s I have to start all over again, but I really want to have families installed! Maybe it's because there're so many, about 70...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
    edited January 2015
    @Enchantedprey‌ , yea... I've kind of been avoiding my game because I have so much school work and just the thought of teaching the twins (who actually just turned to toddlers when we found out Abdul was now infected with a parasite alien baby) all their skills just seems like so much work. I might make him take a few days off work, which means money will be tight unless I send someone scavenging for flowers and such while someone stays at home with the kids. I'm actually thinking of keeping the alien baby and making him/her sort of an indentured servant... obviously its parents wanted Abdul to carry their kid, so to pay off their debt and the debt that comes with raising the baby to adulthood, we might just keep him/her for awhile so that he/she pays off their debt and then let him/her move out on his/her own eventually.

Also, who's to say I'll ever get the opportunity to have an alien in my family again, so might as well make the best of it.

@DressedInDreams‌ sorry to hear the wedding didn't go as planned. My sims tend to only have private weddings because they never have that many friends when I first start out, but I know one day I want to throw huge wedding parties at big venues for my sims with the store content from the Romanza sets and stuff, as soon as I get them! LOL Also, it doesn't take super long to become a member, a week tops if you get involved with a nice amount of posts... I suggest checking out the gift the person above you post, especially if you are interested in store content

@TadOlson‌ is the Oak Leaf Legacy a new project of yours? Where can I follow it? I actually am obsessed with legacies lol it's kind of bad...
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I'm trying to set up a new SV save to move my existing families. Meanwhile I built a photography studio but I don't like the exterior but the interior is okay. It will have to do for now. Took some pictures of Dimitris and his sister Tatiana.

2ez4a4i.jpg
    21ca150.jpg
    16gg5ee.jpg
    10hkeoh.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
    ACB44 wrote: »

I actually am obsessed with legacies lol it's kind of bad...

Nothing wrong with that. ;) I'm really starting to get into them too! (As you've noticed. ;) )

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    My sim's little kittens grew up.

KA105_zps144543a9.jpg

But she also lost one of her other cats a day later.

KA106_zps843fc613.jpg

KA107_zps31579c9f.jpg

KA108_zps638a965c.jpg

That's depressing.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I forgot than 6 sims was to graduation
    and lots of sims at City Hall

Later when all was out of it, full moon appear and a big explosion!
    several of those sims are werewolves then...

Screenshot-24_zpsp0f06zf0.jpg

Could look more impresive, but no all werewolves was visible at same screenshoot

BEAUTIFUL cats @SweetieKaye :)

Sorry to hear about the other one. :(

Great pictures!!
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited January 2015
    emorrill wrote: »

BEAUTIFUL cats @SweetieKaye :)

Sorry to hear about the other one. :(

Great pictures!!

Thanks!

The one she lost was an elder cat, and I forgot he was! The scary music started playing and frightened me, and I was searching the lot, looking for who could've died because only her and the cats were on the lot.
    Post edited by KayeStar on
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

The one she lost was an elder cat, and I forgot he was! The scary music started and playing and frightened me, and I was searching the lot, looking for who could've died because only her and the cats were on the lot.

Gotta love the creepy grim reaper music. ;) It scares me every time too!!

well had finished my remodel made a family for the neighbor kids XD while babysitting, a sim fairy for each of us lol to all be sisters and loaded them in and yep froze the game and silly me doesnt save very often :cry:

@ACB44-I've had Oak Leaf installed for almost a year and it was in CAW before that though I exported it without any lots placed.I also made Winfield in CAW and Gibsons before that and I play legacies in all three of those worlds and love all of them.I've also got a legacy being played in Rflong7's Glenvale County which I made an edited save for it.The story is found HERE
    @leo3487-Great picture!I use a Mod to get rid of zombies so I can still enjoy a full moon in my games.
    @Enchantedprey-I would use save as and make a few slots to save to and save several times each sim day.
    Here's another update from Oak Leaf in the spring of 1846.
    Eli and Ami were both up early that morning in their farmhouse in Oak Leaf and Ami decided to eat leftover salad for breakfast and failed to notice it had gone bad.
    16314739035_8bfda1dd73.jpg
    Eli got into eating the spoiled leftover salad while Ami got his turn in the washroom.
    16128568899_d93f04c89d.jpg
    They got into doing their daily chores of tending the chickens and taking care of their garden though Ami was taking trash out from their workshop bins.
    16127200158_c91ff59f02.jpg
    They ended up having to rush to get ready for work before they knew it because the time went by so fast.They left by 3:30 in the afternoon.
    15694886083_100683fc32.jpg
    They got home at 7PM and ended up eating the last of the leftover salad for dinner.
    16314766585_036e874a99.jpg
    It was 8PM by the time they were ready for bed.
    15694891563_37bc54c3b5.jpg
    @ACB44 I will check that thread out, thanks.

@Deshong04 Beautiful pictures!

And nice stories everyone else as well!

My game has been really glitchy the last couple of days so not much has happened. I just removed a bunch of CC and downloaded ErrorTrap, so hopefully that will help. I have to share a story about one of my repairmen though: Most of them only do what they are supposed to do. They arrive, repair the broken item and leave. There is one repairman (or should I say repairwoman?) though, who is quite different. She will arrive when I call her, but she won't go straight to the repairing. Instead she will spend several sim hours cleaning, reading, watching TV, talking to herself, looking at my paintings etc, and THEN she will finally repair the broken item. Two days ago I had a broken dishwasher, so I called the repairman and she came over. She started off by walking around in the house, then she went on to sitting in lots of different chairs. Then she did this super random thing. She walked into the nursery on the ground floor, and picked up a teddy bear. Then she walked up the stairs to the top floor, went into the bathroom and decided to sit on the bathtub, still holding the teddy bear. She sat there for a couple of sim minutes, and then she got up, put the teddy bear on the bathroom floor and then walked down the stairs again to finally repair my dishwasher. I thought it was so weird, but hilarious at the same time. :D
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited January 2015
    My Self Sim decided to autonomously Woohooty call Ariel today.
    But Wayne was just building a Snowman on the port before taking off
    Screenshot_342.jpg

Ariel then gave a rather unsetteling stare on her way to the Double Bed Room. (CREEPY... Of Ariel)
    Screenshot_359.jpg

Dan pulled a rather horrified face watching them Woohoo. Dan Never moved and just watched them like he liked it but hated it...
    Screenshot_367.jpg

Dan was a bit sad during Ariel's Wedding (Yet Again he thought the House Was Too Small for the 3 of them) ... But Wayne LOVED it.
    Screenshot_349.jpg

Dan Cheered up by Kissing a 4 Star Celebrity on meeting her. No star Dan is now a 2 Star Dan. Myself is still a 4 Star and Ariel is a 3 Star.
    Screenshot_354.jpg

And Ashley the Sherlock Burns (My Self) is going to walk on water and hide badly.
    Screenshot_364.jpg

Some Big Family Tree Now. Best thing is the entire tree has drank Age Freeze Potions While Ariel is expecting a baby too.
    Untitled.png

My Self Sim is getting to be SO Lucky just from Wayne being a bit too Juiced at a party and telling him to Woohoo Ariel.
    Post edited by Sorak4 on
    L9q8VGi.png
    well had finished my remodel made a family for the neighbor kids XD while babysitting, a sim fairy for each of us lol to all be sisters and loaded them in and yep froze the game and silly me doesnt save very often :cry:

Awww. :( We have ALL been there!!! I save religiously now because of too many game freezes. And I backup my save files now onto the desktop.
    @DressedinDreams that IS odd! The weirdest thing that happened in my game was, 3 out of the 4 kids didn't run to the bus when it came, just one of them. I tried to get the others to go and it said, "School not in Session." ??? But it was for the one child? Weird!

@TadOlson, so your story is based in the 1800's? I wondered why the house was so small. Lol! ;) And I saw you have the chicken coop! I love it! I will have to read that other story of yours on your blog. (wish I had more TIME than I do! ;) )

Great pictures and story @RedBirdAngry :) What world is that?
    @TadOlson‌ @emorrill‌ I would save more lol but it takes about 5 minutes for my computer to save I usually have the mod to remind you to save but as I was making new sims I had turned it off and forgot to turn it back on lol

I will just redo what I had yesterday and get back to telling what is going on later. I will also later today post the pictures of the house finished later today when I fix the few things that didnt get saved lol ( on my blog page on the sims store thing since I cant post pics here yet)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top