Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Free Trial

Comments

• TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    Dariu wrote: »
    linesa wrote: »
    Yeah, like there's no way to bypass that forced online :\

I absolutely hate when a supposed solo game have a forced online :angry:
    Online is only good for multiplayers in my opinion :\

I don't buy that anti-piracy thing with the forced online : it's just to see what we're doing with the games in my opinion...
    EA's method seems to have been quite efficient. See http://pc.mmgn.com/News/oh-you-pirated-the-sims-4-good-luck-with :)

Face it Erpe
    there are many better games out there
    alot of people are dumping the sims 4
    and moving to something simple and fun
    like..
    241984-F1.jpg

Fantasy Life 3DS
    Well maybe. EA changed the game to attract more young newcomers to the game. Some of the veteran simmers didn't like the changes. This is only natural. But if enough new curious young simmers have been attracted then EA doesn't care.

Remember that the Sims 1 is still the best selling PC game ever. The Sims 4 is much better than the Sims 1. So why should young newcomers care about things in the Sims 2 and the Sims 3 which was removed when the newcomers never played any of the previous games anyway? They don't miss things which they never had.

The Sims was revolutionary, it went where no game had gone before.

The Sims 4 is subpar for the franchise and the year 2014.

The Sims 4 had less gameplay than I would have expected. That is true. But it isn't a bad game and Outdoor Retreat makes it a lot better. It still needs more expansions though.

You mean more money to bring it up to what you would have expected? You along with the rest of us have already paid for the lacking game play so they could make the game play it is lacking then sell it to us again. :\
    This is bad business and screams SUCKER! Just because loyal fans will buy anything that is The Sims. Well all I see happening is their once loyal fans are not so loyal anymore. :\
    I am loyal to my sims (still playing TS2) but EA has killed my loyalty and trust with them as a business!
  • SomeoneFromLongAgoSomeoneFromLongAgo Posts: 146 Member
    Can't you see a full grown man is crying here "sniff" "sniff"
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    dmel25 wrote: »
    Gillie wrote: »
    Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant
    Please please please give TS4 a try. It's free. Then, whether you buy it or not, go on the forums to tell us what you think!

This coming from the guy who "forgot" his forum password. He wants you to post here but he'll never read the feedback.

The only thing about this statement that give me hope was that he said, "whether you buy it or not, go on the forums to tell us what you think!" This give me hope that they don't care if we buy it or not, just that they want feedback MAYBE so they know what to put into Sims 5. This is my hopes at least.

I'm sorry but I see something else, post on the forums what you think and we don't care because we don't go there. Admitting defeat already? Man, didn't see that coming. *wonders why they didn't say post on FB or Twitter?*

He hasn't been here since October. Maybe if he was here more he wouldn't be asking for feedback because we have been giving it more months.
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Gillie wrote: »
    Grant Rodiek @SimGuruGrant
    Please please please give TS4 a try. It's free. Then, whether you buy it or not, go on the forums to tell us what you think!

This coming from the guy who "forgot" his forum password. He wants you to post here but he'll never read the feedback.

The only thing about this statement that give me hope was that he said, "whether you buy it or not, go on the forums to tell us what you think!" This give me hope that they don't care if we buy it or not, just that they want feedback MAYBE so they know what to put into Sims 5. This is my hopes at least.

I'm sorry but I see something else, post on the forums what you think and we don't care because we don't go there. Admitting defeat already? Man, didn't see that coming. *wonders why they didn't say post on FB or Twitter?*

He hasn't been here since October. Maybe if he was here more he wouldn't be asking for feedback because we have been giving it more months.

Well boy does he have some reading to catch up on ;)
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    Jimil wrote: »
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    Wylsey wrote: »

this obvious gonna happen if a guy goes to the twiiter and cry like a desesperate, obviou many peoples are trying to download the game overload the orgin server, this obvious gonna happen, again horrible move from maxis >.>, they true don't learn.
    No way! Their servers overloaded because everybody is downloading the free trial? lol
    you still have doubts, based on how desperate grant looked in the twitter, lol, peoples get moved over his despair.

Yes they do look desperate! I see this as a double slap in the face! :\
    1. They didn't offer a Beta trial early on so we could give feedback and maybe help to make this game better before it was released. As they are doing with their other games right this moment.
    2. Grant is begging them to come on here and give them feedback!? What are we? Loyal long time Sim fans here right now giving feedback everyday! Feedback they don't want to hear or read. Sure send the new guys to the forums that EA/Gurus never read or respond to!

I believe Grant needs to avoid twitter. He is not a good PR person giving his tendency of getting hoof-in-mouth disease. ;)
  • mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    All this is going to do is increase the number of negative posts about the game. Doesn't bother me in the least however, as I have plenty of popcorn and time on my hands! :)
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    It's really simple @SimGuruGrant. If you want to show you are listening to feedback on the forums you need to make a point to come here and interact with us all. We aren't scary-no more so than Facebook or twitter and by hiding there you guys are missing the wealth of wonderful ideas provided for you from your loving, wonderful long term customers who got you all to a position where you even had a chance to create the sims 4.

For four months we've been doing our utmost to be heard, but it appears to be in vain so many people are giving up on the sims and EA. Surely you can't afford this? I've been one of your extremely loyal customers who has preordered almost everything you've ever made for fifteen years, I've sunk a personal fortune in the sims-bases, eps, stuff packs and extensive DLC. I'm so upset by the state of sims 4, but more so by the treatment of the community and us as customers that until I see much, much better from you guys I will no longer invest in the sims-however much it hurts my heart. Did you know when the game pack came out I felt genuinely heartbroken all over again that I'm precluded from the sims 4? It's a gift that we stick around our of pure love for the sims series and all it needs is you taking the required steps to turn this situation around-but so far it feels like we've been speaking to a brick wall and no matter how nice and helpful many of us try to be we've been insulted by the perception that we aren't important enough to bother with. By all means use twitter and Facebook-but don't hang us out to dry like this. It's grossly unfair!
  • Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    "This forum is whack.
    EA do free trials of recent releases all the time, like everyone else, but when it's this game, it's because they're desperate? It's plain old everyday, common game-industry marketing, folks, not a Special Event created for this game, not an indication that EA is trying to swindle people, and not a sign of anything, in fact, other than its being a PC game.
    Get a grip."

I totally agree. On this forum everything EA does is a conspiracy.
  • CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    Wait so if I download the game tonight but don't play it but for maybe 4 hours and could I still play it on Sunday? Is it you get 48 hours to play it once you download it and if you don't play too bad for you? Or is it you get to play 48 hours total and then you can't play anymore once you have reached 48 playing hours on Origin?

"Your Origin Game Time clock begins when you first launch the game after it’s been fully downloaded and installed. Once started, the clock will continue to run whether you’re in the game or taking a break."

I don't think your question has been answered, or I missed it some how.
    The above is a quote from http://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-gametime-faq/

I don't think people will be getting a real feel of the game unless they do a 48 hour marathon.
    edited January 2015
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    And of course once again the actual TS4 site has no announcement. There are many here who have not purchased so why not announce it here for them? Because they have been far too vocal in their displeasure with this train wreck of a beta game and EA doesn't want to hear from them!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-latest-news

kim :\

They had hoped making the new section would shut us up about it! This just proves the point we all were making to begin with. They have loyal fans right here that would try the trial but failed to announce it here first! :o
    Then to add insult to injury they asked the people who got the trial to give feedback here where they never come!?

I say Welcome to all of the new disgruntled people lead into this void of a forums! :\
    At lest we have each other! No matter whether you like or are disappointed with the sims! We together show that we have more loyalty to this game than EA does!

was not a bad word! stupid censor
    Well if EA are turning desperate then I am not surprised, the Sims franchise was at it's best when the Sims 2 was out, when 3 came out it appeared to be getting better. But towards the end of the Sims 3 it got a little weak and then the Sims 4 was announced. Everyone thought it was going to be amazing, the best Sims game yet and here we all are now talking about the franchise ending because they made the Sims 4 so poorly!

The Sims games used to be made with such power and thought but now it's all about the money and nothing else!
  • BayalynnBayalynn Posts: 67 Member
    I see a lot of "Its just the basegame" comments on facebook. So people already know its not a great basegame as its predecessors, but they believe its due to it being a basegame.
    @Terrylin and everyone else. Just remember we should be proud of ourselves for standing up for ourselves against a huge corporation to try to get heard. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink! At least we know we've given our all to try to see better from this game, so it's all on them if they choose to ignore us!
    Bayalynn wrote: »
    I see a lot of "Its just the basegame" comments on facebook. So people already know its not a great basegame as its predecessors, but they believe its due to it being a basegame.

Where my understanding fails me is why they're fine with buying an incomplete game, base or not - it should feel like a complete game. Expansions are great but they should be bonus content, not necessary to make it bearable.
  • Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    Some of you seem to conveniently ignore information that doesn't confirm your viewpoints. If you check out the Game Time page you'll see that EA is also offering free trials of some of their most successful games. They're not desperate. They're trying to draw in more players. Which results in more $$$$$. It's good business sense.
    edited January 2015
    @Terrylin and everyone else. Just remember we should be proud of ourselves for standing up for ourselves against a huge corporation to try to get heard. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink! At least we know we've given our all to try to see better from this game, so it's all on them if they choose to ignore us!

Actually what is getting funny about all of this is that the people on FB and twitter are getting as disgruntled as those of us here! I see more and more complaining on both sites. They aren't being answered there either. :\
    If the EA horse doesn't start drinking soon TS4 is going to die of thirst! It wont be because of lack of feedback water either!
    "United We Stand!"
    Geez I hate it when they merge threads!!!!! :\
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    Some of you seem to conveniently ignore information that doesn't confirm your viewpoints. If you check out the Game Time page you'll see that EA is also offering free trials of some of their most successful games. They're not desperate. They're trying to draw in more players. Which results in more $$$$$. It's good business sense.

But especially if you're desperate for sales ;)

Nobody claims to know the reason, but speculation is allowed - and while it's totally possible that it was done purely as a promotion, it's also possible that it was a last ditch effort.

Speculation is speculation.
    assumptions, well, we all know about those.
    what I see here are possible explanations, not claims of absolute veracity.
    Wonder how long it will be before they dump this thread in feedback where all of the negative tending threads go!?
  • BayalynnBayalynn Posts: 67 Member

Where my understanding fails me is why they're fine with buying an incomplete game, base or not - it should feel like a complete game. Expansions are great but they should be bonus content, not necessary to make it bearable.

Exactly. a comment on FB:
    I'm really tired of the "Its just a base game" Excuse. BASEGAMES are suppose to be COMPLETED GAMES. Expansion packs are suppose to expand on the completed game NOT COMPLETE THE GAME. If you think basegames are suppose to be bareboned then I have a car outside full priced that's missing wheels, steering wheel, gas tank and lights. I'll sell you the necessities of a car through expansions. Shouldn't argue its just the base model.-- TS1-TS3 BASEGAMES were far more entertaining than TS4 Basegame When you play a game with a pricetag of 70 bucks and it is missing basic features, and is boring not long after you bought it thus looking for it to "expand to get better", something is wrong.

^likes 10000 times.

TS3 may have had bugs (That I never experienced) But it was entertaining for me. TS4 didn't have any bugs for me either, and I didn't like it at all nor was I entertained after 48 hrs. Heck I don't even believe I was entertained that long. I wanted to like the game, but I just can't. I have the Ultimate collection TS2 and TS3. I went right on back to it. I didn't even bat an eyelash at outdoor retreat when I saw it on origin. Usually I'd buy TS games without a thought, and this time I hesitated and decided against it.

I feel really sad. The sims was the game that had me discover the world of gaming
    (I wasn't allowed to play video games while growing up so when I graduated and left home, my boyfriend had a Playstation 2 and XBOX. Those items were foreign to me at the time so he was floored.GTA:Vice city was too complicated for me so he took me to the BX and said "Get a computer game might be a good start." I saw sims superstar and bought it. Didn't even know what a basegame was so when I put it in the computer it said "Requires the sims to play" Me: "I HAVE IT 🐸🐸🐸🐸!". So I had to get schooled...lol anyway back on subject....)

I've upgraded to other games but The sims series is that nostalgic game that reminds me where 'gaming' began in my life, and just seeing how low its stooped and how we get more excuses about why basic crap isn't even in the basegame just really grinds my gears.
    I wonder how long it'll be before EA ban us for saying all of these things?
  • dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Alright, so I have the Sims 4 Free Trial downloaded. I just want to say that I love all you simmers here, you are great people, and as many of you know I am not the biggest fan of Sims 4. This game has fallen short of what I had expected, from what I had seen, but now I will play the game for the first time and test it out. Who knows, maybe I will end up loving it and my mind will be changed and I will become a Sims 4 fan.

If that does happen, I want you guys to remember me for the man I am now, not the man I become.
    Kiss your soul goodbye my friend :D
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    lol...Have fun!

Exactly. a comment on FB:
    I'm really tired of the "Its just a base game" Excuse. BASEGAMES are suppose to be COMPLETED GAMES. Expansion packs are suppose to expand on the completed game NOT COMPLETE THE GAME. If you think basegames are suppose to be bareboned then I have a car outside full priced that's missing wheels, steering wheel, gas tank and lights. I'll sell you the necessities of a car through expansions. Shouldn't argue its just the base model.-- TS1-TS3 BASEGAMES were far more entertaining than TS4 Basegame When you play a game with a pricetag of 70 bucks and it is missing basic features, and is boring not long after you bought it thus looking for it to "expand to get better", something is wrong.

^likes 10000 times.

TS3 may have had bugs (That I never experienced) But it was entertaining for me. TS4 didn't have any bugs for me either, and I didn't like it at all nor was I entertained after 48 hrs. Heck I don't even believe I was entertained that long. I wanted to like the game, but I just can't. I have the Ultimate collection TS2 and TS3. I went right on back to it. I didn't even bat an eyelash at outdoor retreat when I saw it on origin. Usually I'd buy TS games without a thought, and this time I hesitated and decided against it.

I feel really sad. The sims was the game that had me discover the world of gaming
    (I wasn't allowed to play video games while growing up so when I graduated and left home, my boyfriend had a Playstation 2 and XBOX. Those items were foreign to me at the time so he was floored.GTA:Vice city was too complicated for me so he took me to the BX and said "Get a computer game might be a good start." I saw sims superstar and bought it. Didn't even know what a basegame was so when I put it in the computer it said "Requires the sims to play" Me: "I HAVE IT 🐸🐸🐸🐸!". So I had to get schooled...lol anyway back on subject....)

I've upgraded to other games but The sims series is that nostalgic game that reminds me where 'gaming' began in my life, and just seeing how low its stooped and how we get more excuses about why basic crap isn't even in the basegame just really grinds my gears.

*big cuddles* you arent alone in feeling that way @Bayalynn :( I used to play lots of games but the sims captured me and became my only game. I invested all my gaming budget into it and loved doing so because it felt worth it for the entertainment I got-the previous games werent perfect but they were fun and I enjoyed every second. Sims 4 has broken my heart. It feels so devoid of the soul of the rest of the sims series for me that although I own it, I cant bring myself to play it because it genuinely upsets me to play it as it is currently.