Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it worth it?

Is it worth getting this stuff pack??

Comments

• whoselineanywaywhoselineanyway Posts: 14
    edited August 2013
    It's worth it if you want your sims to dress like it's the 70's, 80's, or 90's. It is a stuff pack, so it won't offer as much as an expansion pack. Hope this helped! :mrgreen:
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited September 2013
    I thought it would be then I got it... If you are looking for some neat clothing styled similar to those eras, its worth it...

That said, the glitch with the makeup defaulting to the crazy bats and stars and lightning bolt stuff makes me sad and I'm actually considering removing the stuff pack from my game entirely just so I don't have to look at my sim in halloween makeup all the time. There's not many house items included either so its really about if you want your sims to have electric guitars and retro outfits or not and whether you are willing to let your sims look like its spooky day every day.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited October 2013
    I have not had the glitch noted above, but I think this is worth it if you get it on sale. I wouldn't pay $20 bucks but half price or less, yes.

Origin has had it on sale. I think a lot of these items like SP and EP will go on sale after Into The Future is released, and then again as Christmas nears. I would put it as a must have if you get it for half price or less.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited October 2013

Hi :) Honesty no :(

You could get a much better set than this!

It is the worst stuff pack for me.

Horrible hair styles, even worse than normal. The furnishing are just as bad :(

Some of the clothings nice, but not worth the prise of a stuff pack :thumbdown:

let you decide.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• frog211frog211 Posts: 110 Member
    edited December 2013
    trust me it worth
  • KeightKeight Posts: 86 Member
    It's kind of worth it... I guess.
    I suppose I was just expecting more stuff in a Stuff pack.
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I paid $5 for it and it was worth it. Not worth more than $10USD though.
  • MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    In my opinion every Sims game is worth it :D !!!!!
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Honestly no. For a stuff pack centered around the 70's 80's and 90's stuff it's lacking a lot of stuff from the eras. So not worth $20.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    I don't think it's worth $20. But if you could get it for a discounted price like Chimark, then Yes, go fot it. You would definitely end up liking a few clothing items and furniture but unless you are a fan of those era, you won't like all. Also, even though some of the furnitures look pretty neat, they aren't exactly the best in performance. Like the cute TV, it will give your sim the 'bad reception' moodlet. The other TV won't give you bad moodlet, but the skills you can learn from it is very limited. You can gain athletic skill by exercising, but you wont gain cooking or fishing skill.
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I really think they did a poor job on this one. Most of it looks 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    Why didn't they do Madonna for instance? She was 80's and very cool in a way that would still stand today.
    I do like the Grunge style items in the SP by the way.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @The makeup glitch: You could try a hider mod to remove the weird makeup from your game. I found a set of hiders for 70's, 80's, & 90's stuff that probably includes the makeup. I can't try it out myself because I don't have this SP, but it's worth a shot.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited January 2015
    Yes its worth it,I love the stuff and honestly though EA blew it on the hairstyles which to me are more important to the eras then the fashion.But the items are great and the outfits are good but to anybody reading this you will be dissapointed to know they only added 2 new hair styles the male and female get the same 2 and they are horrible.Although the men get a new Village people mustache which is hillarious.Here is a video to show some of the outfits I used 4 I think from this set the girls pink shorts are from this and look how awesome the dance floor is etc.The sectional,the strobes on the tables,the disco ceiling light,the sectional table and the dance floor disco wall lights are all shown plus the 2 pics on the wall from this SP too.This stuff pack is great I like it but a solid 1 outta 10 on the awful and lack of hairstyles.Should have had a few Madonna hairs,the Farrah Faucet which was huge in the 70s etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPQDGbqi6cs

Outfit one is from this
    Outfit 3 is from this
    Outfit 5s pants are from this
    Outfit 6 shorts are from this
    Outfit 7s top is from this too I think.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    In my opinion, no
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • strangestfruitstrangestfruit Posts: 53 Member
    I'm waiting for it to come on sale so I can buy it pretty much only for completions sake. 8'D
    Honestly, this stuff pack never interested me much... but that's just a personal thing. If you like that style of clothing and objects, maybe you'd enjoy it.
  • GibbzeyGibbzey Posts: 20 Member
    I'd maybe see if you could get it on sale or something rather than buying it full price. There are some really nice items in it (both CAS and build/buy) that I use a lot and I think the items are pretty versatile if you change up the patterns and things. However, I wouldn't really recommend it at full price.
  • wassopwassop Posts: 14 New Member
    It's worth it if you can get it for less than $10. Any more than that is too much, imo~
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Disco, Rap and Rock radio stations worth it
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm a child of the 70's and an 80's dork, so yeah, it was worth it for me. Actually, the Nagel-esque paintings alone were worth it for me.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • InfoseekenInfoseeken Posts: 176 Member
    > @leo3487 said:
    > Disco, Rap and Rock radio stations worth it

But unfortunately, not a single tune from the Rock radio station is even remotely similar to Rock of the 70's.
    I was very disappointed about that. There's more tunes from Indie that's closer to 70's than this SP offers.
    Sad.
  • lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member

There are some REALLY nice objects, especially the end table :smiley:
    The CAS items, not so much.
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Infoseeken wrote: »
    > @leo3487 said:
    > Disco, Rap and Rock radio stations worth it

But unfortunately, not a single tune from the Rock radio station is even remotely similar to Rock of the 70's.
    I was very disappointed about that. There's more tunes from Indie that's closer to 70's than this SP offers.
    Sad.

add your own custom music for rock but I still love this pack.

• InfoseekenInfoseeken Posts: 176 Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > add your own custom music for rock but I still love this pack.

That's true indeed, but having to add something in when it should have already been there does not bode well at all.
    Over all, it is a good SP but not worth what I paid for (full price.)
  • DaynaGailDaynaGail Posts: 60 Member
    Personally I think most of the clothes and items are cool, so yea it's worth it!
    qa2jelcs80ft.jpg
  • DaynaGailDaynaGail Posts: 60 Member
    It's also good for a laugh now and then with some of the clothes lol
    qa2jelcs80ft.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top