Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    edited January 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #:10

FORUM ID: adniram00
    ORIGIN ID: adniram007
    LEVEL: Established ( I believe this is more appropriate after reading the description for level of experience )
    LOT: Maison De La Sante
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s92.photobucket.com/user/adniram00/slideshow/BuildnShare10

ENTRY DETAILS:Maision De La Sante is a former military fort. Remodeled and decorated for the health and fitness minded sim. Complete with a weight room, dance, cardio, boxing, and swimming. At Maison De La Santa we don't want to force fitness and health down sims throats. We prefer to provide an entertainment and fitness atmosphere. We provided a cafe to our addition, with a cupcake machine and tiki bar. With a free membership and no guilt you will fall in love with our House of Health. Enjoy :)

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Everyone's looks sooo great! I'm very impressed! B)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited January 2015
    @Issabella14 Love it! I wish I would have thought of the sign out front :) I also like your attention to detail all over, especially the windows

@misscbong loving the architecture. Really mediterranean to me :)

@masajo I am so partial to landscaping and I am loving yours. The roof shape is cool and I like how it doesn't look anything like a gym. Which is what I am envisioned too :)

I don't know if its alright to comment on several postings like these in one post but seemed repetitive to do them separately.
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited January 2015
    Thanks @adniram00. I do agree with you @pammiechick, all the Mediterranean gyms look great. @Adniram00 yours reminds me of sims 3 world adventure, Egypt, market square/plaza. Very clever, I love it :)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited January 2015
    0001_zps8903dacb.png

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 10
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Pump & Pulp Gym & Cafe

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/Glenn_Crozier/slideshow/Pump and Pulp Gym and Cafe

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Pump & Pulp Gym & Cafe takes full advantage of the mild climate with outdoor dining and cardio classes. It also offers yoga and aerobic classes as well weight training. Water aerobic classes are also available in the pool.

ENTRY DETAILS:

ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    edited January 2015

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 10
    FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LEVEL: Starter
    LOT: Club Med and Café

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pamcalvert/slideshow/buildnshare10?sort=6

ENTRY DETAILS:
    This is an upscale gym with all the amenities. On the first floor there is the reception area with see through pool from above for ambiance, office, pilates room, women's and men's locker rooms, showers, boxing area, and game room. Second floor boasts a beautiful large pool, cardio room with seating area, weight room and bathrooms. There is an outdoor area for grilling. The café includes all drinks and food, jukebox and outdoor seating area with gorgeous vistas of Oasis Springs.

ENTRY DETAILS:

ENTRY DETAILS:

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: CC: Shabby Chic, Lemingstone bathroom, Gab Contemporary Living Room, luau outdoor furniture, chalet living, Link: http://www.thesimsresource.com/

mara6.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Hello, challenge #10 is now officially closed. Good luck to everyone who entered :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Challenge #11 - Aisle Remember

Your stomach growls, making you glance at your watch and wonder when Rose will be back with lunch. A tentative knock at your office door catches you by surprise. You rush to open the door in Rose's absence and find a slight, wisp of a young woman with alabaster skin, white-blonde hair, and pale grey-blue eyes on the other side. She is an unusual beauty. Ethereal.

“I-I'm so sorry to intrude, but I wondered if you could help me,” she stammers, a faint worry line between her brows.

“Of course!” you say. “Please come have a seat and tell me what I can do for you, Ms...?”

“Lauren. Lauren Addler.” You shake hands, take your seats, and gesture for her to continue.

“Well, I recently got engaged to the love of my life, Mark Holloway.”

“That's wonderful!” you exclaim, confused by the shadow that crosses Ms Addler's face.

“Normally, I would have months to plan the perfect wedding, but I only have two weeks. My father was diagnosed with a terminal, degenerative illness, and his condition is getting worse every day. He desperately wants to walk me down the aisle and give me away at my wedding, but we're running out of time. I had originally dreamed of a beautiful outdoor beach wedding, but my father would have difficulty walking on uneven surfaces in his condition. I've looked all over town for an indoor venue that would work, but I've come up empty. Would it be possible to build an all-inclusive wedding venue for both the ceremony and the reception and complete it in two weeks?” The look of worry on Ms Addler's face has grown more intense.

“Absolutely,” you reassure her, clasping her small, clammy hands in your own. “What did you have in mind?”

“Well, it needs to be easy for my father to navigate, so if it has multiple levels, there must be an elevator. I'd like a beautiful hall for the ceremony, maybe with a romantic beach influence, blues and greens and sand tones, and lots of candlelight. We'll need a separate room for the reception with dining tables, the wedding party table, a buffet, a dance floor, a bar, and perhaps a live band. We have a budget of $175,000. Is that even possible?”

“Not only is it possible, but you can consider it as good as done. I will make some calls on your behalf and then be in touch with you soon.” Ms Addler appears on the verge of tears as she thanks you and rushes off to look at wedding dresses.

The Brief:

•40x30 community lot in the world of your choosing

•Large hall for the ceremony

•Reception room with
    ◦dining tables
    ◦wedding party table
    ◦buffet
    ◦dance floor
    ◦area for live band

•Must be handicap accessible (*Note: as there are no elevators in game, just build a small 2x2 room with doors on all levels to look like an elevator.)

•Must have parking and restrooms available for guests

•Romantic beach theme with candles and blues, greens, and sandy tones.

•Budget of $175,000

Sim Challenge

Create Lauren, Mark, and Lauren's father and show the wedding and the reception. Lauren is good and romantic. Mark is outgoing and cheerful. Lauren's father, James, is family oriented and clumsy. The rest of the traits are up to you!

Room Challenge

We would like to see the large hall decked out for the ceremony. Your budget is $30,000.

Hashtags used for this challenge #BuildnShare and #BuildnShare11

The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday 4 February, midnight CMT.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    I've always wanted to do a wedding venue!!! Does the ceremony need to be held in a hall, or can it be an outdoor space?
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've yet to make any completely new community lots. I've added a pool to a park, but that's it, so this next challenge sounds like fun. Good luck to everyone in the last round, some gorgeous builds guys. Oh, I was wondering too, will the results for the Expert category of round #8 be posted soon? :)
    misscbong wrote: »
    I've always wanted to do a wedding venue!!! Does the ceremony need to be held in a hall, or can it be an outdoor space?
    @misscbong‌ - it does specify in the brief that the wedding is to take place within a hall - but there is nothing stopping you being creative with it ;)
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I've yet to make any completely new community lots. I've added a pool to a park, but that's it, so this next challenge sounds like fun. Good luck to everyone in the last round, some gorgeous builds guys. Oh, I was wondering too, will the results for the Expert category of round #8 be posted soon? :)
    @Karababy52‌ - we are working on it, we promise :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @BuildnShare Aw, I believe you! I'm just curious about the results. Thanks for the update! :)
  • VanillaChaiVanillaChai Posts: 177 Member
    edited January 2015
    I've never tried a Build n Share challenge before, but was looking to possibly enter. I was wondering (although it may be a question that's already been answered before) if the budget of $175,000 is after the purchase of the lot, or if the worth of the lot must be under that amount?
    Currently Playing - Generation One of the Bloom Legacy

edited January 2015
    The lot is included so you must deduct the lot amount. A $10,000 lot leaves you $165,000 to spend on your build.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited February 2015
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #9 and #10

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 11
    FORUM ID: misscbong
    ORIGIN ID: misscbong
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Hawthorn Estates
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Hawthorn Estates
    ENTRY DETAILS: $105,843 (with lot)

This private Wedding Venue mixes beachy style with a charming romantic feel. Incorporating a sense of beachy water, the wedding arch is surrounding by a beautiful pond with river views beyond. The "tent" style wedding hall allows for an open air feeling, views of the beautiful grounds, while still maintaining a closed in, private feeling.

The refurbished barn on the property gives a "shabby-chic-beach" feel with space for live music, buffet eating area, dining tables for guests, and a special table for the wedding couple! The decor is soft, beachy, romantic and so very charming!

When the guests are ready to boogy on down, they can head outside and dance the night away, have some special cocktails, or just sit an enjoy the fresh air.

This venue mixes fabulous wedding decor, beachy comfort and lots of romantic flare.

02-01-15_12-46nbspPM.png

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED AND STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #10

Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you for your suggestions! There's so much I'm learning thanks to you!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Yay!! Congrats to everyone :) I love seeing everyones builds. I learn so many new ideas and tricks. Looking forward to many more :)
  • CalindaB1987CalindaB1987 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited February 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: CalindaB1987
    ORIGIN ID: CalindaBenham87
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Holloway’s Private Access
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: s870.photobucket.com/user/Calindab1987/slideshow/Holloways%20Private%20Access
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is Lauren Holloway’s Private Access to the Beach Wedding of her dreams.

ENTRY DETAILS:
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    Post edited by CalindaB1987 on
    @CalindaB1987‌ - if you post the link to the slideshow without the https at the start, we can then see your slideshow :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • CalindaB1987CalindaB1987 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > CalindaB1987‌ - if you post the link to the slideshow without the https at the start, we can then see your slideshow

Thanks so much!! That worked!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited February 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert

LOT: Wedding Belle
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/slideshow/Aisle Remember
    http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/library/Aisle Remember

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Romantic wedding venue decorated in sand tones, blue and green to represent the beach with lots of candlelight. Wheelchair friendly, there are two elevators near the entrance (2x2 sq rooms). Male and female rest rooms with parking at the rear.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering)
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering)
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/18815078ACAB11E4801A313A972470C4?category=lots&amp;searchtype=item_name&amp;sortby=newest&amp;time=weekly&amp;searchquery=wedding belle&amp;max=25

0d79c862-b419-4c29-b353-8bff73908040_zpswaex058b.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I'm posting the next BnS Challenge which starts tomorrow, but please feel free to get those entries for #11 in through midnight!

Winter Designer Showdown!

Calling all designers!

It is that time again! Time to let your style truly shine and compete in the Winter Designer Showdown! For this challenge, it’s all about design and landscaping.

We saw some amazing results and even some featured lots with the past showdowns, so lets heat things up even more this time and dazzle the masses with your designer magic. You have 2 full weeks for this challenge, so pay attention to detail and make those lots beautiful!

But, wait, there is a twist!

On the property itself, you will find these 4 items:

inspiration_zpsx1unadqz.png

You will choose ONE of these items to use as your inspiration to decorate and furnish your house. In the end, when the judges look at your media, they should know which item you chose just by looking at the way you decorated and furnished. Please also include the object you chose somewhere in your house and be sure to have it in a screenshot (unless you choose the bear gnome from Outdoor Retreat and don’t yet have the Game Pack). You can delete the objects on the lot that you didn't choose as your inspiration and the wall piece used to hold the painting. You also cannot duplicate the item (use it more than once on the lot) that you do use as your inspiration.

This is the house!

house_zpsgs3q8jen.png

Download from the Gallery - Winter Designer Showdown, #BuildnShare, #BuildnShare12

Rules and details:
    • You can designate the rooms however you like, but your outcome should be a 3 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms.
    • You cannot change the size or location of foundations, walls, and roofing.
    • Yes, all walls, foundation, and roofing must remain the same.
    • You can, however, add walls; as long as the home remains a 3bdr/2ba home.
    • You can replace doors, windows, and stairs, but they have to remain in the same position (meaning if it's a 2 tile window, you have to replace it with a 2 tile window or 2 single tile windows, etc.) Doors CAN be replaced with an arch of the same size if desired.
    • You can't change the roof shape, but you can change the texture and color, the pitch, add trim, adjust the curvature, etc.
    • You can add structural elements for landscaping purposes, such as a greenhouse, gazebo, or a carport (no garages), but they cannot be attached to the main house .
    • You CAN change, add or delete any fencing.
    • This must be on a 30x20 lot (can be placed in any neighborhood/world).
    • THERE IS NO BUDGET!
    • The theme is completely up to you. It does not have to be Winter themed - your house should reflect your inspirational object.
    • You do not need any game packs to compete. The house was built with only base game elements.
    • CC is allowed, but please list/link/credit them when you submit so downloaders can find them!

Ready... Set... DESIGN!

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited February 2015
    Great Challenge #12 @KittKat7147. I would like to know if it is possible to extend challenge #11. I am not finished with my venue, I need an extra day or 2. Time just got the better of me these past 2 week. :\ If this is not possible, I will then focus on challenge #12

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top