Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you currently reading?

Comments

• Options
    goofygoober25goofygoober25 Posts: 149 Member
    I am dividing my time between two series, the Codex Alera series which is a fantasy by my favorite author Jim Butcher, and the Iron Druid series by Kevin Hearne which is a great urban fantasy. His books are amazing.
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    The Maze Runner!!!!!!! >:)

That was a good series! I was disappointed with the ending though. It wasn't 'bad' per se, however.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    the rules to yggdrasil ( a co-op board game ) cause Ragnarok is bad .
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited January 2015
    Not reading anything new right now, but I am re-reading Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote and I plan on reading In Cold Blood (also by Truman Capote) sometime this week.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Now I just got started reading Pregnant Pause by Han Nolan. My friend gave it to me as a gift.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    I'm currently rereading Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling because it's too long ago that I've read them. I'm on the Goblet of Fire right now. :)
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    MiffoShortMiffoShort Posts: 1,901 Member
    I love the Harry Potter series :D Great books, I especially like the last book!!

Though all the HPs were good :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    I love them too! I've seen the movies quite often but I've read the books only once when they first came out. It's nice to read them again because there is so much more info in them and things I totally forgot.
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    I just started to listen to Interworld on audiobook. I really like the world and premise that it sets up. It is sci fi fantasy 8).
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I just finished To Kill a Mockingbird again *sniffle* What a great book. I've read it nearly 20 times. I cry at the ending every time.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I just finished To Kill a Mockingbird again *sniffle* What a great book. I've read it nearly 20 times. I cry at the ending every time.

That was a good book. But I think Scout would have been a more enjoyable character if she hadn't given in to the norms of her society.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    I've been reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I enjoyed her book The Secret History - which I highly recommend.
    - The Goldfinch is a very thick book, i usually don't bother with super chunky books, but this one is quite interesting so far.
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• Options
    I've been reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I enjoyed her book The Secret History - which I highly recommend.
    - The Goldfinch is a very thick book, i usually don't bother with super chunky books, but this one is quite interesting so far.

The Goldfinch was a good book. Let me know what you think of it when you're done.
  • Options
    I know this is a year old thread that I created. I like stumbling upon old threads.

Right now, I'm currently reading The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I wonder if the main character, Clary (short for Clarrisa) name is based off of the author's last name. Right now, I'm reading City of Ashes in the series. There's a TV show that just premiered yesterday on Freeform (previously called ABC Family) based on the book series. It is called The Shadowhunters. The first episode yesterday was really good.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I'm on volume 2 of Maximum Ride by James Patterson and illustrated by Narae Lee. I've read the books so now I'm reading the manga. I was reading Saga but volume 6 is not out yet. Also from time to time I will read the next fairy tale from The Brothers Grimm: 101 Fairy Tales. I also intend to read one of my favorite books from high school, The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    The Two Towers (Tolkien & not for the first time), Notorious Royal Marriages (Leslie Carroll), and The Plantagenets (Dan Jones). I typically have 2 or 3 I'm reading at a time. Something heavier and something lighter.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited January 2016

Chobits: Omnibus, Vol. 2
    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1) aka Harry potter and the Philosopher's stone
    Go Ask Alice
    The Memory of Mermaids
    Horrifyingly MAD
    Oh My Goddess! Omnibus Volume 1 (Oh My Goddess! #1)
    Go Set a Watchman [To kill a mockingbird 2]
    Oh My Goddess! Omnibus Volume 1
    Alice on Deadlines, Vol. 1

Yes I'm reading all of them simultaneously.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    auburn1214auburn1214 Posts: 28 New Member
    a book on HIV. I want to work in a lab and help develop new treatments and possibly a cure someday...
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited January 2016
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (reread) and Oliver Twist. :)
    44444.gif
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I am currently reading The Red Queen by Isobelle Carmody.
    It's the 7th and final book of the Obernewtyn Chronicles, a fantasy series, set in the future, several hundred years after a nuclear holocaust.

I've also recently started on book 1 of The Expanse, Leviathan Wakes
    Set about 300 years in a future where we have colonized Mars, the Asteroid belt, and a few moons on the outer planets. In some ways it feels like BSG, but also like a murder mystery, political drama, and an uprising, all rolled into one awesome plot. Its been called "game of thrones in space" but I think it's better written, and not so confusing, as it has fewer characters, fewer plot lines, and a more distinct direction.
    Having watched some of the tv series, I know what's coming, but I like the book better already, because there are details that they couldn't translate into the show. Such as the belters (people who were born, and spent their developing years in the Asteroid Belt) being super thin, and 7ft tall.

I also have a stack of other books that are in various stages of being read. Its a terrible habit.
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    I know this is a year old thread that I created. I like stumbling upon old threads.
    This looks like a good thread, cos I like books :)
    Right now, I'm currently reading The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.
    It's a good series.
    I've not seen the TV series, but did like the City of Bones movie.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I am almost finishing the complete version of Les Miserables book currently, by Victor Hugo, loving it. 1600 pages of awesomeness.

Now I'm more worried about which book I'll reed next, 'cause everytime I finish one there's the grief that comes together. So maybe soon I'll be starting the Divine Comedy, the Dante Alighieri's great work.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    pixelatedKarpixelatedKar Posts: 382 Member
    Falling Kingdoms and currently awaiting the arrival of the next three in the mail today!
    Legacy Central - Reading Circle | The Blount Legacy | One Hundred Gnome's
    ORIGIN ID: pixelatedK
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I'm reading Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. Enjoying it so far but only a few chapters in.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited January 2016
    Frankenstein by Mary Shelley and Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien, the book the movie is based off.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess