Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still play TS3?

Comments

• RealBitsyBambiRealBitsyBambi Posts: 111 Member
    I haven't played in ages but I'll have to pop in and see what my old family was like. :)
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Yes, I still play it! Not regularly anymore since I still can't get over how I deleted my first save game I frequently played, but I still play! The scenery is so pretty and I can tell stories with it.
  • HungergamesnerdHungergamesnerd Posts: 25 New Member
    I still play the sims 3, in fact I play the sims 3 more than I play the sims 4. I don't want to stop playing the sims 3 because I still love it, even though it makes me mad sometimes.
  • jamiebaby88jamiebaby88 Posts: 3 New Member
    please add me jamie2607 i really need friends on the game
  • 00cbk0000cbk00 Posts: 5 New Member
    Oh yea I do! The Sims 3 is my favorite game. Haven't gotten used to Sims 4 yet.
  • Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member
    After playing Sims 4, it strengthened my love for Sims 3. So yes. Frequently.
    4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Never stopped playing Sims 3. I love playing open worlds or making them in CAW, building, watching my sims babies age to toddlers etc. Sims 4 didn't interest me at all.
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • JenwalesJenwales Posts: 110 Member
    I like the sims 3 I have supernatural and they don't have that for sims 4. I don't like the changes they've made with sims 4 (no neighbourhoods) and won't be buying it. I've also had problems playing pets so I'm not really a fan of EA anymore since they didn't help me at all
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Jenwales-I've been stuck with such serious problems with TS3 in the past that I was forced to start using Mods in my game and I play it heavily Modded out and no longer have issues with pets or trying to play my town.I don't have issues with story progression anymore because I'm not using EA's bug-fest because I replaced it with NRaas and my story progression is from a Mod.You might need to get NRaas Mods into your game to fix the issues you've been having.

I've been enjoying my games though I recently had to update my Mods and get everything set up again because some of the settings got messed up a bit after updating the Mods.I managed to end up having 72 NRaas Mod files installed and it's working great.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    The thing I've noticed is when playing Sims 3 you can plan ahead and work towards a goal. Then you have a reason to spend hours at the game without getting bored.

With Sims 4 I find there is no point to any of it. There is nothing to plan for other than rotating through various pointless activities dictated by the game. I can understand why some people love it. But I'm not one of them.
  • pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    Most definitely. I love TS3. I have played TS4 right after I purchased it but I only played it for a couple of hours. I got bored already. I don't think it is a matter of getting used to the game because I remember the same thing happened to me with TS2.
    Just recently, my game got wiped out that I had to redownload and reinstall everything. I have installed TS3 base game and played it while downloading the rest of the EPs and SPs. I actually played for almost 2 days straight with just the base game.
    I know a lot of simmers love TS2 but personally I love TS3 the most.
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
  • ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    I have Sims 2-4 and I play Sims 3 almost exclusively, I really don't like Sims 4
  • cey5cey5 Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2015
    YES The sims 4 and it's boringness and loading screens and creepy babies and overall lack of family play made me come rushing back to sims 3 with more addiction to play it than I've had since 2010.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I still play SIms 3 have not moved on to Sims 4. Waiting for something to make me do so. I haven't heard to many good things about it.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I love Sims3, but I am having a hard time going back.

Its hard to explain, but its just downright ridiculous that I don't hardly play much anymore.

I really need to find a totally new game to take my mind off of the Sims!
  • immafatcatimmafatcat Posts: 20 New Member
    In my opinion, custom content makes ts3 sims look almost better than the sims 4 sims. I dont like ts4, nobody's hair looks like metal like it doe siin ts4, ts4 may let you click and drag and personalize the body, but at least in the sims 3 they didn't have bright yellow hair that looked like metal, instead they have BLONDE hair and with cc the people can look pretty nice :) so yes I do.
  • immafatcatimmafatcat Posts: 20 New Member
    > @dreamsingr17 said:
    > I do! I actually am not happy with The Sims 4. They messed up the controls and the worlds. I love The Sims 3!

IKR!! I feel like in ts4 their hair looks like metal, and I kinda got bored in the middle of it. I really dont like ts4, tbh.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I still play TS3 daily. I'm actually disappointed with TS4. I found that I care more about my Sims in TS3 than I do in TS4. I feel like there is a disconnect with the Sims in the Sims 4. I really don't care to advance them in skills, jobs, or family. For me, the Sims 3 is still fun. Just my opinion.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    sam123 wrote: »
    Yep! I love it, just need ITF to complete my TS3 collection.

You need it! It's a load of fun :) I liked traveling to the future and the objects and build are amazing :)

Thanks! I can't seem to find the limited edition version for a reasonable price, would I be missing much if I get the original one?

What comes with the limited edition one? I bought ITF for $7.99 off Origin on sale, pretty sure it was just the plain jane version and I find it quite enjoyable.

That stasis pod thing, hmm thinking of just getting the standard. But it would look weird since all the EPS that have had LEs I have.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    Yes I still play TS3 as I haven't brought TS4 and I still have a lot to do and explore in the game. If and when I do decide to buy the game, that it will either be when it's been out 1 to 2 years or when there is a couple EP's/SP's, unless EA makes all future EP's/SP's digital download only. Then EA will lose a customer as I refuse to go all digital downloads for my games.
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    I play TS3 constantly. I've got a game running right now, actually - I'm just taking a break.
    -
    I always thought that TS2 was a better game, but TS3's CASt is impossible for me to give up. I love being able to decorate everything. If anything, TS4 has made me appreciate TS3 even more.
  • pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    Schweighsr wrote: »
    I play TS3 constantly. I've got a game running right now, actually - I'm just taking a break.
    -
    I always thought that TS2 was a better game, but TS3's CASt is impossible for me to give up. I love being able to decorate everything. If anything, TS4 has made me appreciate TS3 even more.

me too. CASt and the open world.
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I was playing TS3 yesterday and was planning on playing today but I want to play Batman: Arkham Origins more, lol. But here are a couple of screenshots I took that I really like.

v7wiag.jpg

huk786.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    I never left the sims 3. I think it is the best over all.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • StarlyshStarlysh Posts: 37 Member
    I've been playing TS3 for the past few days and decided to come to the forums for the same question! There are some things in TS4 that it's hard coming back from - I love the look of it and the emotions and the build mode - but I really missed Bridgeport! And having seasons. And the Nraas mods with the soapy story progression.