Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For baby lovers: You must have this!

kiara07kiara07 Posts: 575 Member
I had made another post about this and then "had to wait before it was approved" or something, I hate when this happens :#
Now I have to write eveything again, this time the shorter version because I'm really upset now :s

I discovered a working car seat for infants, you can now leave the house with your infants without having to worry about place the babies on the ground, or not leave the house at all.

http://www.aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_nursery_09.shtml

You can customise it and drag it to your inventory! It works like the baby mat from Midnight Hollow.

You can play chess in the park while your baby rests confortable on the car seat:

Screenshot-4_zpsa0d21d19.jpg

I didn't mention the sleeper footies and the little wisps because I suppose everyone has heard of those by now :p
Hope you like this and find it usefull as much as I do ;)

IMPORTANT:

Since I didn't explain this as well as I should have (and didn't even know this could work without Midnight Hollow) I'm going to quote @KarinL:

There's a special file you need to put in your Mods folder if you do not have Midnight Hollow - the file basically contains the instructions for the baby mat.
She (Sandy of Around The Sims) also made replacements for the toddler walker that work the same way. And a whole lot more, like more modern baby swings, playpens, etc. The whole site is worth checking out. (As are her Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 4 sites if you have those games...)

To get the file click the link labeled as IMPORTANT in big red letters, and it will give you a pop-up with instructions and a download link for the file.
Post edited by kiara07 on

Comments

• Options
    immafatcatimmafatcat Posts: 20 New Member
    cool cool cool cool perf <3 no more wasting money on babysitters :D AND HEY NOW THERE CAN BE ACTUAL FAMILY VACATIONS lol
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Oh I hadn't seen this ! Fantastic ! My sims don't usually take their babies to the park but sometimes when doing the gardening, my Sim Mums put their babies in the dirt.... lol
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Miranda0233Miranda0233 Posts: 91 Member
    That's so cute :)
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Ooh, thanks! That's really cool! :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Yup, I've added it to a lot of my community lots like the beach, festival lots, and other areas where I have things for families.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    @GoldenBuffy I'm not sure if I understood but you only need to place this kind of objects in community lots if they are decorative. Which is not the case with this car seat, this is a working car seat which you can drag and remove from your inventory whenever you like because it's cloned from the baby playmat that came with the golden edition of Midnight Hollow. That's what makes it amazing! :p

I may be overeacting but I really like this that's why I wanted to share, I'm almost as excited as I was when I first saw the sleeper footies :D
    I don't know about you but my when my sims have infants they mostly don't go out during those 3 days because I don't like to put the babies on the floor.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've know about this for some time and it's already in my game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited January 2015
    I imagine it's base game compatible @kiara07 ? Or do you need to have a certain expansion pack? What I have is Late Night, Generations, Ambitions and University Life.

Awesome mod!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    It's base game compatible, you need to be fully patched. There's a special file you need to put in your Mods folder if you do not have Midnight Hollow - the file basically contains the instructions for the baby mat.
    She (Sandy of Around The Sims) also made replacements for the toddler walker that work the same way. And a whole lot more, like more modern baby swings, playpens, etc. The whole site is worth checking out. (As are her Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 4 sites if you have those games...)

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    KarinL wrote: »
    It's base game compatible, you need to be fully patched. There's a special file you need to put in your Mods folder if you do not have Midnight Hollow - the file basically contains the instructions for the baby mat.

Oh I LOVE Around the Sims! :) I've downloaded many things from it. @KarinL Do you know where I can find that special file because I don't have Midnight Hollow...?
    Thanks for the info!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    OMG. Downloading it now. Thanks for the link!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    @emorill Click the link labeled as IMPORTANT in big red letters, and it will give you a pop-up with instructions and a download link for the file.
    I can't seem to get a direct link for you in my browser, sorry!!!
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    ATS is my favorite site for CC, I've even used it in CAW and there's absolutely no problems whatsoever! Her stuff is incredible! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Super cute thanks for sharing.

I think I've seen it before, but couldn't grab it at the time for some reason and then just forgot about it, so it's great to know about again.
  • Options
    @kiara07, Yes I know it's inventory ready, but for me, I play rotational style, and I'm not playing all my families at once, and when a couple has a baby I don't feel like leaving my current family to give them a car seat. LOL So I just place these on each lot to make it easier on me.

epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    That is so cool! :) Thanks for sharing the link! :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    It didnt' work for me the last time I downloaded, I'll try again cause I'd love that for my babies.
  • Options
    DressedInDreamsDressedInDreams Posts: 80 Member
    I'll try this out, thanks! :)
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    She also has decorative baby food!!
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It looks really cute and realistic!
    Are you sure you don't need Midnight Hollow though to make it functional?
    (I have MH btw so that wouldn't be a problem)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    She also has decorative baby food!!

I have most infant/toddler/child related content from ATS3. Can't get enough for those adorable ages.

4qiwyf.jpg
    24x16kg.jpg
    65qpn7.jpg
    9jjazk.jpg

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    No, you don't' need Midnight Hollow.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    edited January 2015
    emorrill wrote: »
    I imagine it's base game compatible @kiara07 ? Or do you need to have a certain expansion pack? What I have is Late Night, Generations, Ambitions and University Life.

Awesome mod!

@emorrill Sorry it took me so long to answer, I'm glad KarinL already answered you because she knows more than me about this, I just stumbled into this and fell in love with it. About the patch, my game is 1.57 and it works, I suppose the game has to be updated with the patch we had by the time Midnight Hollow came out but I might be wrong though.

@kiara07, Yes I know it's inventory ready, but for me, I play rotational style, and I'm not playing all my families at once, and when a couple has a baby I don't feel like leaving my current family to give them a car seat. LOL So I just place these on each lot to make it easier on me.

@GoldenBuffy Oh I see now, that's actually a very good idea. But since I play one family per save I don't worry about where other sims put their babies eheh.

@dreamerz13 and @FairyLights1 I hope if you decide to try it a second time it works now. Maybe last time you tried it didn't because you didn't have Midnight Hollow of the special file?

It looks really cute and realistic!
    Are you sure you don't need Midnight Hollow though to make it functional?
    (I have MH btw so that wouldn't be a problem)
    Apparently If you don't want to install Midnight Hollow you also have to download another file along with the car seat to make it work. Honestly I didn't know any of this if it weren't for KarinL, I though you had to have Mignight Hollow. But I don't know where that special file is :/

And I just want to thank you @KarinL for your really helpfull posts in this thread. I wish I had made my first post more informative and really hope that the people who read my first post also read all the comments specially yours because I made it seem Midnight Hollow was needed to make the car seat work. I'm just going to edit the post with your comments.

Edit:
    @Deshong04 I also downloaded the trycicle, but haven't tried it yet. It's a good invention as well. But I'm thinking about use it outdoors though.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Double post sorry :/

• Options
    @kiara07, I wish I could be like that, but it irks me when I see my other sims leaving their babies on the ground at community lots. I also feel bad for toddlers, so I've gone and placed toy boxes and the toddler tables on lots too. Someone made some playable sand for them as well, so I have those on the beach lots too.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!