Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Officially disappointed.

Comments

• blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Gillie wrote: »
    You are correct. And they will never own up to making a half-baked game because they value their jobs too much.

SimGuruDaniel said this in the Ask A SimGuru thread:
    SimGurus operate where they are most comfortable. I personally like using Twitter and reddit -- it's just easier for me to read.

They can't handle criticism and the truth very well, and thus avoid us. They'd rather conduct market research and gain feedback from Twitter and Reddit instead of from, you know, people on their own godforsaken forums.

If they want @EasyToRead‌ I'm sure we could find him.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • blunderwoman727blunderwoman727 Posts: 102 Member
    > @Sim_Lucent said:
    > EDIT: Another thing that just.. took the wind from my sails. I guess I didn't realize how MUCH I liked the open world concept. Even just having the teenage son go to the gym -- I didn't want the child to go, and the mom, so they stayed back.. and I basically had to really hop back and forth between them -- it seemed completely pointless. I didn't think I would mind the loading screens.. until it really occurred to me what it meant trying to play and grow my family skills, etc.

I feel like such a pest for constantly posting here to complain about the lack of an open world but it really is one of the worst things they could have removed for me...It destroys having a household with an actual family in it for me. Like you mentioned you can't have different sims train up skills in different locations at the same time. It's either they are all in the same place or it's a loading screen marathon. I feel like the designed the game for single sim households.
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    anywho211 wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    There seems to be quite a few people that believe having to restart in order to access the fridge about once a week is 'game breaking'. To me, it's a laughable bug. It's impressive to see how worked up people get over minor bugs, especially when I've experienced not only game breakers, but games that flat out roasted registries, OS's, and even monitors. And so far, the only bug I've experienced is the fridge bug.

If the fridges stop working forcing someone to restart and repair their game, then that means the game is not working as intended. That means the bug broke the game. That in turn makes it a game breaking bug. And the fact is, there's a lot of bugs in the game. How about the bug where your sims wife suddenly becomes his sister? Or how about the child daughter who wants to woohoo with her father? Those aren't game breaking? I've had moments where I am playing and suddenly "The Sims 4 has stopped working" pops up and forces the game to shut down. Basically the game crashed. Lost a week worth of stuff because of those.

I don't consider that type of stuff minor.

I actually mentioned quite a few games up there... Also, I've never had to repair my game. A simple restart fixed the fridge problem everytime. I've never had the game stop working on me either. How did you lose a weeks worth of work? My game saves every time I exit, or tell it to save. Unless you played for a week straight without saving, which would break just about every self preservation instinct in the book when it comes to gaming.

not talking about real world time. I lost a sim week worth of stuff.

@nilanius I just can't believe that you joined the 'dark side', lol. It's shocking. O_O

Heh honestly once the talk with Cinebar happened, I had to do some looking back on why I wasn't really booting the sims 4 up since like.. november or so. And it dawned on me. The other game being interesting wasn't the cause. The Sims 4 was just boring. So then I had to figure out, what about it was boring. And that is what pushed me to the 'dark side' lol.

Also like my new signature? I think it's very fitting :)
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • katakata Posts: 25 Member
    > @Treycox said:
    > How do you know this to be true?

Well, obviously I don't. It's just my experience.
    *I've seen* a lot more people saying that they like it.
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    kata wrote: »
    > @Treycox said:
    > How do you know this to be true?

Well, obviously I don't. It's just my experience.
    *I've seen* a lot more people saying that they like it.

A browse around review sites shows a lot of disappointment, and the critic scores are lower across the board than previous iterations. I usually take that to mean that it's performing well below expectations. Given the commentary I've seen (not just here, but on Facebook, Tumblr, various Sims sites) the reception is mixed at the absolute best.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Sorry, I might be in a minority, but I seriously think that some new features an open world or create a style are NOT original visions of The Sims, even though they do help players with their creativity. Open world was not in The Sims, or in The Sims 2, but it came with The Sims 3. The producers should have at least noticed that not all players' computers could handle an open world. They should have done something for players like that . But back to the topic, I think that The Sims is a parody of human life in my opinion. It shouldn't be that realistic, but I think it's great that it is a mixture of realism and fantasy. A hybrid. Like ARTPOP :wink:
  • songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Or they could have established fixes similar to what Twallion of NRAAS did and made open world playable. The developer's faulty programming had a lot more to do with problems people experienced than did the open world concept. The fact that a fan who wrote code to fix a game did so for free made many players believe Sims 4 would include an open world that actually worked. After all, we'd already seen that it was possible to do so. That said, open world and CASt were new with Sims 3. However, I think a lot of fans believed Sims 4 would offer up the best of past iterations with some new features of its own. That's what a continuation of a series should do.
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Or they could have established fixes similar to what Twallion of NRAAS did and made open world playable. The developer's faulty programming had a lot more to do with problems people experienced than did the open world concept.
    You know, I find it sad that Twallan was able to fix the game for FREE but EA can't manage to do that with our money -_-
  • Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    edited January 2015
    @Kata -- I'm glad you like the game! I hope it continues to hold joy for you -- but as I stated before, I can't return it as I bought it during the pre-sale, and didn't realize in time because I kept *hoping* I would find something in it I liked. Instead, I further unraveled aspects I didn't like.

.. And every now and then, I open the game up, hoping something in it will grab me since I spent $70.00 on it -- only to want to close it within ten minute's because they took out the type of gameplay I enjoyed so much from the sims before -- and I wish THAT had been advertised/noted. If they had told me that family play would be bleak (and not just from missing toddlers) and that career and skill building was pretty much *it* for the game.. I wouldn't have touched it with a ten foot pole.

EDIT: And that's not me trying to diminish those that *do* enjoy it. If collecting, skill building, career building, etc is what a person enjoyed about the sims before, it would be the perfect game for them. I was more interested in the legacy building, world traveling/exploring, story building, the potential RANDOMness of story progression, etc.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    sam123 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Memina11 wrote: »
    to the original poster and other simmers if you do not went to find this thread lock like any other negative threads that where posted i would use a little caution and no matter if we love the game or have disapoitment it do not change the fact that we are all simmers eather the game is the sims dune or any other game we can not have everything all at once ;)

This thread isn't being negative, I was wondering why people were still dissing the game. Also, we have a right to freedom of speech, why would the mods lock or delete this thread?

It is a new rule and worthy of banning if you tell someone not to buy the TS4.

I honestly don't know if you're being serious or not, wouldn't be surprised If it's true.

No, I'm serious> I think it was posted in one of the Etiquette guru threads or somewhere recently. I know it was stated we couldn't or shouldn't say bad things about others liking any Sims game before, but I'm pretty sure I read that new rule last week.

Yes, the Etiquette thread, and we can not say anything about any public leader or bad mouth EA.

That thread just got closed because of all the drama of another thread from some people trying to derail and get it closed.

:o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
    kata wrote: »
    > @Mstybl95 said:
    > Here is an objective point of view:
    >
    > The game has bugs. Way more than a game should have this early on. Some of them are really game breaking. They Will destroy your save after you have been playing for a while and formed attachments to your Sims. You may or may not be lucky enough to not get them, but is that a chance you are willing to pay $60 for?
    >
    > Could the game be good? Probably. But at this time, the development team have shown no indication that they are working on they game-breaking "features" after 4 months time. So you would either have to decide to change your play style if it is among the ones that trigger the game-breakers, use the game strictly for CAS or building until it gets fixed or save your money until It gets fixed.

To me, this wasn't objective at all... For example, the game having "way more bugs than it should have", is just your opinion (and many other's), but from what I have heard, Sims 3, for example, might even have had more. And as for save files getting destroyed; that should have been fixed in the latest patch.
    "But at this time, the development team have shown no indication that they are working on they game-breaking "features" after 4 months time."
    My experience is that the development team responds to these issues rather well and they actually work on fixing them.

And to OP: It's a fun game, I think. And there are a lot more people saying that they like it than those who regret buying it. I think you should try it out and return it if you didn't like it.

So you've never played sims 3 then? IF not, you are making a blanket statement based on hearsay hope you aren't a judge IRL. If you don't know whether or not 3 had the same kind of bugs of 4 or worse then what makes you think you're qualified to comment on how objective the poster who you are quoting? Seems to me you are falling into the same trap.

I do hope you are correct that the development team responds to all the issues and are actually working on them this is the ONLY hope many of us have to even continue to show ANY interest in 4.
    I will say this since outdoor retreat it s a lot better.

Nobody will give many info how does it play? I thought it looked fun and interesting but I just wondered how it compared to Sims 4 without OR.
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    People will always be disappointed and bash it because it's not Sims 3. No matter how much is changed/added there will still be that dedicated group that grumbles on and on. There are also a lot of people that love the game. As with everything in life, the only person that can tell you if you like it or not is you.

I was not a fan of Sims 3. It did not run good on my system. And even today, it takes forever to load. No, I am disappoionted in Sims 4 because within 2 months I was bored. I thought I was just engrossed in Final Fantasy XIV, because they had a big patch. But after much soul searching, it was actually that I was bored to tears. It could not hold my attention. It was missing the spark that made sims 1, 2 and yes even 3, great. That spark being freedom and completeness.

The fact is, Sims 4 cut more out of its base game that all other The Sims base games ever had. The fact is, Shortcuts were taken with Sims 4, that make absolutely no sense, and compounded Sims 4's problems. And this here, is a complete checklist of what is missing or shortcutted and in no certain order:
    • No Create A Style - Turns out, this feature in Sims 3, wasn't the cause of poor performance. It was the games poor coding in general that caused performance issues. I had thought create-a-style was the culprit because EA claimed it so. But it isn't.
    • No Normal Careers - Law Enforcement, Fire Fighter, Education, Medicine, Business, never put in.
    • No Open World - Again, I thought this was what caused Sims 3's problem. But it was actually the coding. So much breaking in the background of the world, that was causing the issues I was having.
    • No Terrain Tools - Other than terrain paint, too much is left out.
    • No story progression - Sims in the neighborhood age, but do not have children, get jobs, move, get married…etc. without player intervention.
    • No Toddlers - They came in Sims 2 and 3's base game. They should of been in Sims 4's base game. Not being in means the game took steps backwards into Sims 1.
    • No way to create/place new lots - And you only have 3 empty ones in each world, and they are all the same size, and small.
    • No Mac version of the game - Doesn't effect me, but it does effect a lot of people.
    • All buildings on a lot must have the same foundation. No mixing for sheds, garages, etc.
    • Babies are mere objects - All interactions are through basinet. There are no baby objects. Babies can only be lifted directly above basinet.
    • Backgrounds are illusions - The buildings in the background are not playable in the game.
    • Completely FLAT lots - The entire build-able world is completely flat
    • Fewer floors/levels - limited to three
    • SIGNIFICANTLY smaller “worlds” - Sims 2 had tons of empty lots, and residences and places to visit. Sims 3 had over 25.
    • Smaller lots - The empty lots are like 30x25. The biggest ones are already used for big mansions in 2 lot neighborhoods for the filthy rich, and those are only 50x50. Meanwhile Sims 3 launched with a maximum size of 64x64
    • Loading screens for individual lots - Makes no sense in the neighborhoods. Neighborhoods have 5 total lots, one being empty. Been one thing if the neighborhoods were open mini-worlds. But just to walk next door to visit a neighbor means loading screen.
    • The map is a one-dimensional picture - Even Sims 1's map looked 3 dimensional. Ridiculous.
    • Teens are same height as adults - This was an admitted shortcut by the guru's. They short cutted teens because they did not feel like giving them unique animations, or to compensate for different height. Children were apparently hard enough as it was.
    • No acne - Teens came in Sims 2 and Sims 3 base game. And they all had acne problems for them since Sims 2.
    • No aliens
    • No animated hair
    • No aspiration failures
    • No babysitters
    • No basements
    • No bookstores
    • No burglars - Again, a staple of Sims since Sims 1!
    • No cars - Not even as decorations
    • No cemeteries
    • No cleaning skill
    • No clothes shopping
    • No color wheel
    • No curfew
    • No customization of multi-tone hair color
    • No diseases or illness
    • No eyelash length slider
    • No favorites (food, color, music)
    • No fears
    • No gardener for hire
    • No newspapers
    • No opacity slider for makeup
    • No party invitations from other Sims
    • No private school
    • No rabbit holes
    • No repairman
    • No repo man
    • No restaurants - The bars aren't serving food, only drinks
    • No tragic clown or social bunny
    • No way to watch a Sim commute to work/school - Gone are the carpools and school buses
    • No zodiac signs
    • No bikes
    • No changing tables
    • No cribs
    • No dishwashers
    • No highchairs
    • No hot tubs
    • No pool tables
    • No trash compactors
    • 32-bit executable - TS4 is not 64-bit, and cannot access more than 4GB of RAM. If you have more than 4GB then you are crippled.
    • Fewer traits in CAS
    • No Create a World
    • No exterminator
    • No swings
    • No interests
    • No magazines
    • No family trees
    And all these things were part of previous sims base games. Most from sims 1, almost all are sims 2, and some from sims 3. Sims 4 is not a complete game. They added pools in, and ghosts. Features that should of been in from the get go anyways.

I have a quick question, were sims 1,2 and 3 64-bit?
    I love this game, I really do. And I'm finding the more I play it the more I love it. It is different to Sims 3 (which was my fave) so it took some getting used to, but after a couple of hours I was completely hooked! I'm one of those people who likes the new graphic style. I'm crazy about building things now because the new tools make it so much easier to create the designs I have in my head. The new CAS finally allows me to create the Sims I've been imagining for years. And now I have Outdoor Retreat which is gorgeous and so much fun! :grin:

Could you please give me a scenario of how OR plays I've been begging and begging for feedback and nobody will tell me. I promise not to make any comment on what you report.

edited January 2015
    to the original poster and other simmers if you do not went to find this thread lock like any other negative threads that where posted i would use a little caution and no matter if we love the game or have disapoitment it do not change the fact that we are all simmers eather the game is the sims dune or any other game we can not have everything all at once ;)

This thread isn't being negative, I was wondering why people were still dissing the game. Also, we have a right to freedom of speech, why would the mods lock or delete this thread?

Well they've been doing it left and right all day because of a few thread derailers on here attacking others and drawing out other posters by insults and name calling and instead of deleting the offensive posts they shut the whole thread down. I didn't believe that this type of stuff happened and that it was some people just making odd remarks until I saw it for myself today. Well hope this thread doesn't get shut down cause it was interesting.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Here is an objective point of view:

The game has bugs. Way more than a game should have this early on. Some of them are really game breaking. They Will destroy your save after you have been playing for a while and formed attachments to your Sims. You may or may not be lucky enough to not get them, but is that a chance you are willing to pay $60 for?

Could the game be good? Probably. But at this time, the development team have shown no indication that they are working on they game-breaking "features" after 4 months time. So you would either have to decide to change your play style if it is among the ones that trigger the game-breakers, use the game strictly for CAS or building until it gets fixed or save your money until It gets fixed.

I'd have to say that's a bit of a gross over-exaggeration. Ultima IX had over 196 game crashing bugs in it on launch, including one that would delete WINDOWS. Skyrim: Backwards flying dragons. Oblivion: Everytime Maiq took a pair of tongs from a box, the game would crash (even if he was on the other side of the world). Hellgate London: If you weren't in the US, kiss your multiplayer goodbye. Tabula Rasa: Holy Jeebus... you had to be there for that one... Diablo 3: Error code 32 = Satan is laughing at you. SimCity: Required account log in to play-no working log in servers the first week. Morrowind: if the White Guar decided to go for a stroll - immediate crash to desktop. Freedom: First Resistance: Graphical stress test during installation was known for blowing out people's monitors. And that's just from what I can remember off the top of my head with personal experience.

There seems to be quite a few people that believe having to restart in order to access the fridge about once a week is 'game breaking'. To me, it's a laughable bug. It's impressive to see how worked up people get over minor bugs, especially when I've experienced not only game breakers, but games that flat out roasted registries, OS's, and even monitors. And so far, the only bug I've experienced is the fridge bug.

@sam123 I urge you not to even bother with people that tell you what they think is wrong with the game. Human beings, by nature, can complain about everything under the sun for their whole lives. Go to tumlbr and browse through the Simblr's. Those people are (still) having a blast with the game, and are more than happy to show off what they're enjoying. If you look at what they're up to and think to yourself 'Hey, that looks pretty fun', then you're gonna enjoy the game.

It's always best to talk to people that enjoy something to find out if it's right for you.

Could you do me a favor and post me a link to the tumblr sites?

If the fridges stop working forcing someone to restart and repair their game, then that means the game is not working as intended. That means the bug broke the game. That in turn makes it a game breaking bug. And the fact is, there's a lot of bugs in the game. How about the bug where your sims wife suddenly becomes his sister? Or how about the child daughter who wants to woohoo with her father? Those aren't game breaking? I've had moments where I am playing and suddenly "The Sims 4 has stopped working" pops up and forces the game to shut down. Basically the game crashed. Lost a week worth of stuff because of those.

I don't consider that type of stuff minor.

I actually mentioned quite a few games up there... Also, I've never had to repair my game. A simple restart fixed the fridge problem everytime. I've never had the game stop working on me either. How did you lose a weeks worth of work? My game saves every time I exit, or tell it to save. Unless you played for a week straight without saving, which would break just about every self preservation instinct in the book when it comes to gaming.

I could actually see somebody doing a (actual human) weeks worth of stuff without saving if they never turned off their computer and saved (unadvisable). I have been known to leave my Sims 3 game running (on pause I mean) for hours on end while I do some other IRL task so I could see that being a possibility for somebody. Sometimes I'd be like "Ok game I had to wait on you for so long with your load screens you can wait on me heh hehe (I know I'm crazy I also kicked my desktop for bad behavior when I had one).
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    @‌nilanius

I do agree with most of your list, but the one thing that causes a little pause is the no story progression. Some of us do like rotational play and having the control of it. It is a trade off unfortunately. Now if you said:

- No story progression option.

Options is what we should be asking for and not a band-aid that blankets everyone. Let us have the options so that players can play the way that we want to.

The thing that bothers me about this whole supposedly "rotational" enabled gameplay in TS4 is that it is simply not really true. Story Progression is nothing more than autonomous actions that sims can perform on their own. In TS3, those autonomous actions included getting married, having kids, getting a job, etc. etc. In TS4, there are also autonomous actions, it's just that they mostly consist of flirting and chatting. But these alone do have consequences, which is why some players are reporting that they return to their families only to discover they now have all these romantic relationships with other sims which the player did not get to control.

In addition to that, the sims that aren't being played are apparently subject to the NPC culling system that's in place. Again, this has resulted in players' sims being deleted from the game.

How on earth is this considered appropriate for rotational players?! I am not trying to be confrontational, I just truly do not understand why people claim TS4 is good for rotational players.

I have always wished for options when it came to these autonomous actions. This is partly why the NRASS mod suite became so very popular. It allows the player to have control over all kinds of things that the developers did not provide control over, including which households are subject to some of the autonomous actions. I have never been someone who needs to control every family in my 'hood, but as a family player I would like to play various family members without having to be fearful that they will do things I don't want them to.

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
    My family spent a hefty sum buying me the premium edition for Xmas. For the first week or so I had a lot of fun with the game, it really engaged me and I felt much more immersed than I did with S3. It didn't really fall short of my expectations. But now that i'm used to the game it's gotten a bit boring. The addition of outdoor retreat didn't change much. It was somewhat amusing seeing the new interactions and meeting the hermit, but once I was done with the new content the game reverted to the same boring feel once again. I guess i'll stick to S3 for a little longer. I'll probably come back to 4 when we see some more content, which I'll undoubtedly fork over the cash for because I'm a sucker for the Sims franchise. :|

In other words, I strongly agree with the OP.

Just wondering what exactly was it about the game that you found boring? Like what specifically gave you immersion and what specifically pulled you out of it?
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    KonTsuki wrote: »
    I have been playing Sims since it first came out an i have never been so disappointed in a new game! This is the most basic, boring, confining, limited Sims game ever! I feel like i am back at Sims 1 but with fewer options... Where is the seamless transitions between lots? Where are all the options for careers and "playing with emotions". I have tried playing it and getting into is but i can't! Is anyone else as disappointed as i am?!
    I have never before said this but "I want a refund on my brand new Sims game!!!" I think EA dropped the ball and i am going back to Sims 3.
    :( !

I've uninstalled The Sims 4. I bought it via Origin so I can always reinstall it. I've tried playing it and tried to enjoy it, but unfortunately, I can't stay interested past an hour or so before I end up saving and quitting. I may or may not reinstall it if the game pack goes on sale and I decide to try it out. Unfortunately, although the game pack will probably hold my interest for a little while, all the new objects and game play won't fix what's wrong with the boring, repetitive, *linear*, scripted gameplay that is The Sims 4.

I've gone back to playing my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection...which is lots more fun.

Hey please don't get offended I'm just asking for more details but what about the game play did you find boring, repetitive or linear? I actually ask because I hear a lot of people say it's linear but it doesn't tell me a lot because I don't know what is meant by linear game play, so I tend to make assumptions that what a person means is game play like those old 2-d scroll games and you couldn't go back and explore which confuses me since this is a 3-d world. In what way was the play boring in what way was the play repetitive? again I just want details for my own knowledge so I can make a decision about whether or not it would be worth considering to get for my Mac in Feb. Even though I have to admit there is still quite a bit of 3 left for me to play so even if I would get 4 I probably would only check out CAS till I was fully ready to be immersed in it.
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    Jenzup wrote: »

Well they've been doing it left and right all day because of a few thread derailers on here attacking others and drawing out other posters by insults and name calling and instead of deleting the offensive posts they shut the whole thread down. I didn't believe that this type of stuff happened and that it was some people just making odd remarks until I saw it for myself today. Well hope this thread doesn't get shut down cause it was interesting.
    Yes it's a shame. Instead of banning those trouble makers they punish the victims who just try to defend their dignity.

This space is for rent.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    I found the gameplay very linear. I was playing a couple, wife in culinary and husband in tech guru career. Every day, they were supposed to complete some tasks, such as create programs on the PC or learn mixology. Yes, my chef was required to learn mixology. Several times she had to increase her levels in it. Every day they has tasks to perform.

Kids were also not immune. They were required to increase art skills, or body skills, or whatever. If I did not do those things, I got vaguely threatening messages from 'the school' about the kid. So every day, it was grind, grind, grind.

To be fair, I guess they changed some of the requirements for increasing skills on jobs but tbh I have not played it since my couple's child aged up into a big burly guy with a fedora and a paunch. I never would have guessed that teens looking like adults would bother me as much as it did, since I was far more upset about the elimination of toddlers. But bother me it did. It was like a strange young adult had joined the family.

Actually, I haven't played that family since, especially since he was also subject to the square face bug. That one was giving every sim who aged up the same face preset, and it wasn't pretty. Reminded me way too much of TS3 townie pudding. LOL

Yesterday I decided to try to give the game another chance, so after updating I tried to play a game I had started earlier with just adults in the household. But that household refused to load. So I started a new game but after half an hour that game refused to load the home lot, too. Maybe a bad mod, I dunno. I haven't felt "inspired" enough to try to figure it out.

Speaking of "inspired", that's another thing I don't like about this game. The emotions are nothing more than a gimmick. You are supposed to get your sims into certain "moods" using various methods (décor items, reading a book, exercising, or whatever creates the desired effect) in order to help them skill or advance at school or work. But a lot of those methods don't work very long so they are worthless, because as soon as your sim walks out the door and teleports off the lot they will lose the effect anyway.

Those are just a few things I did not like, and made the game very repetitive. No matter how many times you play the same career, you have to do the same grinding over and over again.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Jenzup wrote: »

Hey please don't get offended I'm just asking for more details but what about the game play did you find boring, repetitive or linear? I actually ask because I hear a lot of people say it's linear but it doesn't tell me a lot because I don't know what is meant by linear game play, so I tend to make assumptions that what a person means is game play like those old 2-d scroll games and you couldn't go back and explore which confuses me since this is a 3-d world. In what way was the play boring in what way was the play repetitive? again I just want details for my own knowledge so I can make a decision about whether or not it would be worth considering to get for my Mac in Feb. Even though I have to admit there is still quite a bit of 3 left for me to play so even if I would get 4 I probably would only check out CAS till I was fully ready to be immersed in it.

I don't know about Jarsie but I'll give you a few of my answers of how I feel. Unless you send your Sim to a bar, to the gym or just go to the park there is little for them to do. I got the whole 'collecting' thing out of my system with TS3 and I find it boring to do it again. That's one of the reasons I find little use for and have not bought the new GP. The constant pop up for lessons and notifications drive me crazy. With TS3 I turned off the opportunities. It feels like this base game has been stripped to the bare minimum. I prepared myself for playing a base game again by installing just the base game for both TS2 and 3. Even after all this time I was entertained by both. This game just completely fails to hold my interest.

So many people are disappointed by lack of family play........... I don't play families much and I'm disappointed too so I guess they let a lot of players down.

I like to customize my towns to suit my game. We can't adjust lot sizes, there is a lack of room and unless you start bulldozing and rearranging there is little room to build. I don't mind loading screens but if they had but areas of a few houses it would be better than a loading screen no matter where you went.

They've left out so much of the little touches....burglars, firemen, cemeteries. I felt a little better when they added ghosts.....and just a little funny thing......they have now added this to the description on Amazon as a "selling point"
    Now with Pools and Ghosts: Pools and ghosts have arrived and are now included in The Sims 4 with the most recent updates. We've designed the game to be a live service so that we can continually evolve The Sims 4 experience with exciting new features and content.

Yes they actually made it a new selling point.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    @Jenzup -- just to answer your question on OR and how it plays.. there is a section in the boards dedicated to OR conversation so you should be able to glean more facts from those conversations regarding that game pack. :)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯