Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 times the FUN! A Randomacy ~ NEW Chapter, 9.11

Comments

• christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    WOW that's a busy weekend! lol :) That's really cool you and hubby game together, must be heaps of fun! :) My other half doesn't like anything tech, so he is technophobic and gameophobic if there is such a name? LOL :) So I am the gamer out of the two of us but he loves to watch me build or make worlds. So it sorta evens out there. :)

I know Tanu has been enjoying Streaming Shadows. I peeked and the picture is gorgeous and quite tempting.
    I have never downloaded a user-created world but I think I will now.
    My weekend was way less busy than yours, except yesterday had a 3 hour drive in melting heat and was happy to get home to my air conditioned house! lol Other than that nice and quiet. :)

Sorry about the melting heat :(
    Thank goodness for the creation of AC. Would you believe, I am a native FL and grew up without AC. We got a small window unit for the living room/dining room when I was in high school. Now... I try to keep windows open as much as possible in the house, but must have air going in the car LOL

Yes Streaming Shadows has just about everything you need including legacy lots, and much more to build on, place store content etc. :) Took a year with a couple of mishaps but it was completed with much excitement. :D I am making a new one, with a tropical theme to it and ofc Supernatural, lurv that EP. :) If you decided to have a go, I hope you have lots to do and fun there! :)

No worries, its not even hot anymore, overnight a huge cloud mass came over and soaked us with flash flooding. :o Our summer in Australia has been so wierd. Hot and dry in one part then flooded in others, fires raging out of control. That's Australia in a nut shell. B)
    I really need air con in the car, it's a must have for sure. lol :)

FEvr1sR.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Thanks, again! It has been my pleasure. I wish I had thought to do something like this sooner!!! In fact **looks around** I confess that I have found the next challenge that I wish to attempt. Not sure if I will chronicle it, but am mighty tempted to ;)
    I hope that you enjoy doing the new challenge that you want to do Addy :)

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    First off, thank you for the friend request, accepted with pleasure! :)

Thanks! With Tanu talking about her experience in your world & seeing your discussion about it on My Page, then having you "join in conversation" here I feel like I have gotten to know you a little bit more and more. You seem insightful, creative and fun so... time to expand my circle of friends and learn from you/share experiences as we get to know one another a bit more.
    Yes it's amazing he is doing all these things, especially with the slob trait but maybe his neurotic and disciplined side outshine his slight downfall, but whatever the cause he is still pretty cool. :)B)

I will give a little bit of a spoiler (behind-the-scenes peek)... Shhhh! Don't tell Tanu!
    A wee bit of history ==> In her game, doesn't matter which one - household combination or town makes no difference - all of her Sims have a hard time staying single for very long. If she doesn't want them to start popping those romantic wishes and have a child ones, she has to actively direct them to focus on other things. I have periodically experienced this over my various families, but with hers every single Sim as soon as their is a potential mate around... **click** the lightswitch of lurv gets flipped to on LOL

Zach and Nichol are like that in her game. I admit to being a bit envious. Mine weren't doing that. It could very well be the fact that they had Nikki from the getgo and were busy raising her and trying to afford living their simple lifestyle, then having Kayla shortly afterwards so the girls were close-ish in age. Whatever the reason, in the beginning days, their thoughts turned towards romance only after I initiated such conversation between them. Now they are more relaxed, I guess you would say, and often wish to kiss & hug amorously so I grab those and let them fulfill those wishes as often as possible :) Yesterday I was able to play for a short while and took the family somewhere so they could do something and let my attention purposely drift to Kayla & her family. I was so happy to see that Grandpa Zach & Grandma Nichol started talking & kissing on their very own - PDA!!! - this tells me that they are indeed a loving couple.
    Yes they are a lovely couple and I am the same I have different families in different life stages as well, I still have my very first dual family share house full of Supernaturals, which has been an amazing game to play with so much drama its very entertaining seeing what they do automatically. :) I am really looking forward to the next installments of your story Addy and a great thread to come and have a chat.

What is a dual family share house?
    p.s. I should bring some coffee next time. :D

Bring whatever coffee you like, I'll make a pot of tea and get started on preparing a cheesecake :)

Yes Streaming Shadows has just about everything you need including legacy lots, and much more to build on, place store content etc. :) Took a year with a couple of mishaps but it was completed with much excitement. :D I am making a new one, with a tropical theme to it and ofc Supernatural, lurv that EP. :) If you decided to have a go, I hope you have lots to do and fun there! :)

Streaming Shadows DOES sound like a wonderful place to be! **tsk tsk** Shame on me, mighty tempted to grab it as I would like to explore all the little nooks and crannies, see the sights. I seem to recall Tanu mentioning that there was a thread discussing it, so fill want to sift through the archives and try to find it. **coughahemcough** MUST stay focused on legacy, must stay focused on legacy LOL

Oooh, your new one sounds like it will be every bit as awesome and tempting. Looking forward to seeing this develop and eventually see the light of day. **coughahemcough** Focus, Addy, foooocus!

The reason I have never really gotten anywhere with my own games - multiple generation wise, up until to this one, has always been the distractions that all things Sim offers. I will be making progress with a game, happy as can be. Then... oooh, look! New town, new store item (skill-building stuff), new world, whatever. **brakes squeal and I start a new game save to peek & try something out** Make a bit of progress and... repeat. My own fault being easily impressed/distracted by pretty new shinies as I never really make full progress in a number of my games.

However, maybe my Simming skill has improved/matured as I find myself not being distracted by the number of other game ideas that this one has certainly sparked. Am simply jotting little notes to self & tucking those ideas away for now, so I can stick with this one game & continue to see progress in it. I am LOVING the path my Simmies are taking on this journey and looking forward to seeing what each generation unfolds.
    No worries, its not even hot anymore, overnight a huge cloud mass came over and soaked us with flash flooding. :o Our summer in Australia has been so wierd. Hot and dry in one part then flooded in others, fires raging out of control. That's Australia in a nut shell. B) I really need air con in the car, it's a must have for sure. lol :)

Gracious. My sunny or maybe not-so-sunny FL seems so mild in comparison. I agree with you on the weather being weird as I feel like this winter has been an odd one for sure. I was quite grateful that our past summer/into fall had few mosquito attacks but that has me wondering what IS going on. Thinking back I think I have also seen less butterflies hovering over plants in the yard. Hmmm :/

First off, thank you for the friend request, accepted with pleasure! :)

Thanks! With Tanu talking about her experience in your world & seeing your discussion about it on My Page, then having you "join in conversation" here I feel like I have gotten to know you a little bit more and more. You seem insightful, creative and fun so... time to expand my circle of friends and learn from you/share experiences as we get to know one another a bit more.
    Yes it's amazing he is doing all these things, especially with the slob trait but maybe his neurotic and disciplined side outshine his slight downfall, but whatever the cause he is still pretty cool. :)B)

I will give a little bit of a spoiler (behind-the-scenes peek)... Shhhh! Don't tell Tanu!
    A wee bit of history ==> In her game, doesn't matter which one - household combination or town makes no difference - all of her Sims have a hard time staying single for very long. If she doesn't want them to start popping those romantic wishes and have a child ones, she has to actively direct them to focus on other things. I have periodically experienced this over my various families, but with hers every single Sim as soon as their is a potential mate around... **click** the lightswitch of lurv gets flipped to on LOL

Zach and Nichol are like that in her game. I admit to being a bit envious. Mine weren't doing that. It could very well be the fact that they had Nikki from the getgo and were busy raising her and trying to afford living their simple lifestyle, then having Kayla shortly afterwards so the girls were close-ish in age. Whatever the reason, in the beginning days, their thoughts turned towards romance only after I initiated such conversation between them. Now they are more relaxed, I guess you would say, and often wish to kiss & hug amorously so I grab those and let them fulfill those wishes as often as possible :) Yesterday I was able to play for a short while and took the family somewhere so they could do something and let my attention purposely drift to Kayla & her family. I was so happy to see that Grandpa Zach & Grandma Nichol started talking & kissing on their very own - PDA!!! - this tells me that they are indeed a loving couple.

What is a dual family share house?
    p.s. I should bring some coffee next time. :D

Bring whatever coffee you like, I'll make a pot of tea and get started on preparing a cheesecake :)

Aww that is really sweet I love when they are so in love they automatically be affectionate with each other. :) I bet you were happy to see that show of affection, I love the moodlet "My Love!" when on holidays as well. Too cute. :)

My sims do that all the time, I actually have to keep an eye on them they woohoo on their own sometime, and try for baby! lol I am like ohhh noo gurl you got much to do yet! lol I let them have their first child but they haven't rolled anymore wishes for more, when my other sim couple play rolled so many they ended up with 12 kids. LOL yeh I let them go for it. :P lol

Dual family to me is, two couples living under the same roof. When I first got the game and Supernatural I wanted to get them all together under one roof and see how they live together. Vampire, werewolf, fairy, witch and had a hybrid child as well. :) The genie came into it at some point as well, oh man was it constant action packed drama filled game! lol It was so good I actually started a story called Eternally faithful. My goal was to see who would remain loyal even with temptations. The werewolf failed miserably. lol :P So they live together, I have all my Supernaturals to play with as well and the kids turned out awesome. :)

I have the coffee brewing, smells good! :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
    edited January 2015

Streaming Shadows DOES sound like a wonderful place to be! **tsk tsk** Shame on me, mighty tempted to grab it as I would like to explore all the little nooks and crannies, see the sights. I seem to recall Tanu mentioning that there was a thread discussing it, so fill want to sift through the archives and try to find it. **coughahemcough** MUST stay focused on legacy, must stay focused on legacy LOL

Oooh, your new one sounds like it will be every bit as awesome and tempting. Looking forward to seeing this develop and eventually see the light of day. **coughahemcough** Focus, Addy, foooocus!

The reason I have never really gotten anywhere with my own games - multiple generation wise, up until to this one, has always been the distractions that all things Sim offers. I will be making progress with a game, happy as can be. Then... oooh, look! New town, new store item (skill-building stuff), new world, whatever. **brakes squeal and I start a new game save to peek & try something out** Make a bit of progress and... repeat. My own fault being easily impressed/distracted by pretty new shinies as I never really make full progress in a number of my games.

However, maybe my Simming skill has improved/matured as I find myself not being distracted by the number of other game ideas that this one has certainly sparked. Am simply jotting little notes to self & tucking those ideas away for now, so I can stick with this one game & continue to see progress in it. I am LOVING the path my Simmies are taking on this journey and looking forward to seeing what each generation unfolds.
    No worries, its not even hot anymore, overnight a huge cloud mass came over and soaked us with flash flooding. :o Our summer in Australia has been so wierd. Hot and dry in one part then flooded in others, fires raging out of control. That's Australia in a nut shell. B) I really need air con in the car, it's a must have for sure. lol :)

Gracious. My sunny or maybe not-so-sunny FL seems so mild in comparison. I agree with you on the weather being weird as I feel like this winter has been an odd one for sure. I was quite grateful that our past summer/into fall had few mosquito attacks but that has me wondering what IS going on. Thinking back I think I have also seen less butterflies hovering over plants in the yard. Hmmm :/

LOL I am the same, I see a new shiny and am like ohhhh I gotta do something with that, end up building and forget to play too. :) Yes remain focused! LOL :P In all honesty, I made the world because I was sick of EA been a tad lazy with what they put in and would spend hours before even playing to get what i want in etc. Streaming Shadows has everything that I would want in a world, even though it has wastelands, ITF part you still have to travel if you want to meet descendants. I didn't have any problems travelling back and forth as well, they went to all three worlds 3 times over in WA oh my was that fun! :D

I am so looking forward to more of both stories, interesting how their lives are going. :D

Yeh I agree on that, the weather seems to be all over the place but I read somewhere that El' Nino is over with now and La'Nina is in affect now which means colder, wetter weather.

p.s. I put 🐸🐸🐸🐸 short for the world and EA changed it to plum? haha good one guys. not. LOL :P
    FEvr1sR.gif
    Here is some coffee! :D Love the animals made in the froth. :)

giphy.gif

FEvr1sR.gif
    The animals in the coffee froth look so very cute! Christine :) They would be great to see when having a drink to start the new day!
    rosemow wrote: »
    The animals in the coffee froth look so very cute! Christine :) They would be great to see when having a drink to start the new day!

Thanks @rose I am glad you like it! :) I would like to see that too in my coffee's! :) *hugs*

FEvr1sR.gif

Thanks @rose I am glad you like it! :) I would like to see that too in my coffee's! :) *hugs*

They would be cute in hot chocolate, too :)
    I'd like that!

• tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited February 2015
    Tanu's Legacy ~ Generation Three ~ A Founders Passing ~ You may need tissues :\

Zack snuck into Hannah's room before anyone else was up and gently lifted her from her crib. He pulled her close smelling the baby smells and feeling her small movements against him. She made happy gurgling noises and he pulled her closer.

1z2f4sz.jpg

He gently laid her back in the crib and tucked her favorite Posie bear in with her. Then he turned and looked out the window. He looked towards the sky and couldn't help but feel things were going to change again in the Snyder house. He said a prayer that his Love would be okay and that his child and his grandchildren would grow to have wonderful lives. Rorie had already lost so much. And Jasper was such a handful. "Please, Whoever is listening, help them."

2hx3lvd.jpg

When Nichol got up he went in and whirled her about and then dipped her low placing a kiss upon her lips. "Let's take the kids to the park today Honey." And they did.

521e9y.jpg

Nichol noticed several times throughout their outing that Zack wasn't quite himself. When she would ask him he would just smile a small smile and say that he was tired. So they headed back to the house early and he settled himself at his computer. He was looking up at the board where so many of his cases had been pinned up through the years when suddenly he felt as if he were in a bubble. He could feel himself raising out of the chair.

2wdd4xu.jpg

He could see Nichol and Rorie crying but could do nothing to comfort them.

slqy46.jpg

Just then Jasper came running into the room yelling at the top of his lungs at a large black figure that was in the center of the room. He wasn't afraid at all and looked right up at him, his little fists balled up at his sides. "Don't you take my Grampa!" He yelled! But the figure only looked at him for a moment before turning away.

14ie4i1.jpg

Just then the figure spoke to him. "I wish I could let you stay Zack. But you know that it's time for you to come with me now. It will be tough for the small one to understand but it is the circle of things and you've had your time with them."

28k0vbc.jpg

Zack couldn't respond. He looked at the faces of his family and heard Hannah playing in the other room. He was happy that he had seen her grow into a toddler just that very day. He would look after them somehow. He would find a way. He looked at Nichol and wished he could hold her one last time. He willed her to hear him say he Loved her a final time. Then he nodded at the Reaper and began to follow him.

11w5zzm.jpg

The last thing he remembered was a bright light.

w0qdy8.jpg

They laid him to rest in the backyard next to Rorie's beloved Wei.

2sb7pte.jpg

And both Nichol and Rorie practice and tried spell after spell to bring their beloved men back to them.

2wp2crd.jpg

Jasper went inside and looked at his Grandpa's and Mom's magic station. He wondered if he could learn to use it. Whether or not he could learn to bring back those that Grimmy took he made a vow never to commit himself to one woman. Because from what he knew they always left you if you loved them too much.

330ac9j.jpg
    Post edited by tanubanue on
    It was so very sad to see the passing away of Zach, but at the same time it was expressed so beautifully by you and the game. Your words to accompany the pictures were written very caringly. It was very nice the reaction of Jasper that he wasn't scared of Grim, he just wanted his grandpa to stay with him. It is nice that Zach and Wei are both buried together in the backyard. It was a very gentle lovely update. A person passing away is very sad, and you have handled it with delicateness beauty and care. The lead up to his death, and the time of his passing away was written beautifully.
    Thankyou for sharing this update with us. :)
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:
    TODAY is Reiley's Birthday! A whole world of learning is right around the corner.

To continue reading, please go to
    Have I Got A Story For You!
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    It was so very sad to see the passing away of Zach, but at the same time it was expressed so beautifully by you and the game. Your words to accompany the pictures were written very caringly. It was very nice the reaction of Jasper that he wasn't scared of Grim, he just wanted his grandpa to stay with him. It is nice that Zach and Wei are both buried together in the backyard. It was a very gentle lovely update. A person passing away is very sad, and you have handled it with delicateness beauty and care. The lead up to his death, and the time of his passing away was written beautifully.
    Thankyou for sharing this update with us. :)

Thank you so much Rose your words mean so much to me. It was a very difficult update for me to write and I so appreciate your words and I'm grateful I was able to find the words to write his passing well. I just started the update and hoped that they would follow. <3
    Addy Reiley is sooooo cute! I love that the game made both sisters pregnant again at the same time too! You never know twins (or triplets) when you least expect them! :p
    Happy birthday to Reiley! @Addy :) He is a very cute little boy! It is a nice time that he and his Dad Jeremey spent together whilst Kayla was at Nikki's party. It was nice all that Jeremey was thinking about. He has a very special and lovely family.
    It was a very nice update :)
    tanubanue wrote: »
    Addy Reiley is sooooo cute! I love that the game made both sisters pregnant again at the same time too! You never know twins (or triplets) when you least expect them! :p

He is, isn't he?! I can't wait to see what he looks like as a Young Adult. Will he look even more like Zach or will hints of Jeremey shine through? Time will tell. It was pretty awesome of Story Progression to have them get pregnant at the same time - Kayla's 2nd pregnancy & Nikki's 1st. Since I am not trying to for twins (or triplets) and the game doesn't appear to give multiples to townies, I certainly don't expect to see them... think I might panic if I do LOL
    It is a challenge trying to get them together for screenshots already ;)

Happy birthday to Reiley! @Addy :) He is a very cute little boy! It is a nice time that he and his Dad Jeremey spent together whilst Kayla was at Nikki's party. It was nice all that Jeremey was thinking about. He has a very special and lovely family.
    It was a very nice update :)

Thanks, dear Rose! As I was getting my update ready I knew what Tanu was going to post - kind of surreal doing something all happy & joyful while knowing hers is going to be the opposite. She did a GREAT job on it and I hope that when its my turn to say goodbye to Sims, I do half as decent a job with wording and such.

edited February 2015
    Tanu's Legacy ~ Generation Three ~ Jasper's Childhood

While Jasper tried his best to keep everyone from getting close to him Hannah had other ideas.

2zohwr7.jpg

30tp7r9.jpg

Not enough yet!

211a0ed.jpg

Jasper would run and get Posey so she would hug something else! :)

65vn8x.jpg

And while he continued to get closer to his sister no matter what Rorie did he pushed her away.

1z4g3u8.jpg

Rorie would try to tell him about the land his Dad had come from.

15q8cno.jpg

But Jasper really didn't remember Wei and only knew that he had died before Hannah was born and he was just a toddler. He told her that the people in the comic books were just as real to him.

24dmxp2.jpg

And their relationship really wasn't getting better over time.

23leb7c.jpg

szbln9.jpg

Jasper even chose to act up when his Grandmother was trying to show him how to use a wand.

1zykc3l.jpg

It seemed that time flew and that one moment Nichol was playing with Hannah ~

p11fm.jpg

and the next she had grown into a beautiful little girl. Nichol thought she looked just like Rorie had at that age.

11wfx2w.jpg

For her Birthday her Grandparents from China had sent her a kimono and she never took it off. Jasper and Hannah's relationship continued to grow as children. He would confide in her ~

16ibd40.jpg

And she would hug him and whisper in his ear "I know you Love me Jas!" And then run away teasing him into a game of tag. She was a light in his heart.

24masyt.jpg

A friend of Rorie's offered to take her picture with the kids. It had seemed like a good idea....

4kbm0i.jpg

10xhqau.jpg

The house was quiet. Company gone. Dishes washed and put away. The kids had their baths and were sound asleep and Rorie was upstairs reading in her room. Nichol sat at her drawing table. Pictures of her and Zach looked back at her from the wall. They were so young then. Just beginning and so much in Love. She was happy she was here for Rorie. And she knew her Grandchildren needed her too. She smiled at the picture on the wall. "Look at us Zack will you? Where did time go? Where did our lives go? And where did you go?" She started crying softly.

8wej4i.jpg

She dried her tears and took a breath. And then she just knew. She stood her arms outstretched. "I'm ready." She whispered into the dark.

6jlqmw.jpg
    Post edited by tanubanue on
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Oh Tanu, your women have both lost their men! And such special men they were! I, like Rose, am in awe of your ability to prepare us and help us accept what is a natural cycle of life. Kudos!

I liked the reference to Posey Bear! And I too, loved the fact that Jasper was going to fight for his Grandpa. I also loved seeing them work their magic in an attempt to bring their menfolk back. You tell a great story. Thank you!
    ciane wrote: »
    Oh Tanu, your women have both lost their men! And such special men they were! I, like Rose, am in awe of your ability to prepare us and help us accept what is a natural cycle of life. Kudos!

I liked the reference to Posey Bear! And I too, loved the fact that Jasper was going to fight for his Grandpa. I also loved seeing them work their magic in an attempt to bring their menfolk back. You tell a great story. Thank you!

Thank you so much! I Love when a story helps you tell itself. I Love writing and haven't done it in far too long so this is so special to me for that also. Jasper is a little spit fire let me tell you! lol In the story he only gets along with Hannah. No different in game! lol You're welcome! :)
    Addy, I love your sense of humor and commentary on the pool (that does not exist) swimwear (in the winter at night) party! And again it is evident with Anita and I must say I agree... cute body, but poor fashion sense. She definitely wanted some attention. It's fun hearing about your town... who married whom, the names of the kids and the pets... It's almost like living there.

Oh, Reiley is a cutie. I call him a keeper! And Jeremy is absolutely a keeper too. Lucky Kayla! And soon she'll have another one. I like that Jeremy is hinting at the inability of Nikki to stay in touch with her family, but in a very positive, no-finger-pointing kind of way. :D
    Oh I forgot to say that I loved the foreshadowing, Tanu.
    It was great seeing the pictures of Jasper and Hannah growing up @Tanu :) and the great relationship between brother and sister. It looks great how you have captured in the photos the expressions on Jasper's face when he is unhappy with his Mum or with what is happening! Hannah looks nice wearing the kimono. It is very nice that you are preparing us for the passing away of Nichol.
    Oh my Tanu! A cliff hanger! Poor Rorie. Her husband died. Her dad died. Her son is full of yANGst! And now her mother is tempting fate.... But, what an adorable little girl she has!

Again, I love your story telling. Thank you both for sharing your stories with us.