Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited January 2015
    TadOlson wrote: »
    @ACB44-Great written update!
    @emorrill-How do you manage to play without using Mods?I can't even try unless I've got my Mods installed.
    ]

Oh I use Mods @TadOlson ;) Most definitely! I have NRaas Overwatch and Woohooer mods. I also have the no mosaic and have an amazing Mod called the "better sleeping babies and toddlers" where when they sleep all their needs go up. It makes caring for the babies MUCH easier!! I have some buy mode custom content and store content too.

For my challenge though, where my story is based, I can't use any cheats like raising their needs or adding money...but it didn't say anything about me not having my cool mods in. ;) Good, or I wouldn't have done it.
    ACB44 wrote: »

thanks @emorrill‌ and @TadOlson‌ for keeping up with my game, here's another update:

Oh, one last thing I almost forgot ... after auditioning for the magician gig, Holly toured the Haunter House and came out a ghost. I freaked out and thought she died and frantically searched google to see what the heck happened (thinking I might have to Quit without saving ... no way was she going to just die on me that easily!). Turns out, she was only cursed for a few hours... so when she returned home, Abdul freaked... seriously though, he has seen Holly as a zombie, werewolf, and now a ghost ... something is just not right with the girl. But anyways, she gave him a Shy Kiss and held his hand to ensure him that she was still herself and quickly turned back into her human form. They were both so happy that they celebrated with a WooHoo of course. Afterwards, Abdul went to bed while Holly went and napped in the rocking chair between her two babies.

Thanks for following my story! What do you guys think about hiring babysitters? Should they try to raise their kids on their own while both of them are still trying to reach the top of their career? Will Barbara turn out to be the spawn of satan or can Bobby's friendliness overpower her with love? With all the WooHooing going on, is there a chance that they could pop out another baby (or two) .. would Holly's career survive another pregnancy?

Idk... but I guess we'll find out LOL

You're very welcome @ACB44 :) Thanks for following my story.

One time my sim went through the haunted house and came out a ghost too and I flipped out just as much as you did! Lol! ;) I think I just kept playing as her because I figured if she really died the Grim Reaper would have showed up. Oh I was on the edge of my seat hoping he didn't! Then it wore off and she was back to normal and I was SO happy!!

I think to make your challenge more of a challenge, ;) , you shouldn't hire a babysitter except for when they go on their once a week date night. ;) I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next!
    Post pics too if you feel like it. :)

52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    Oh and @TadOlson I LOVE the real estate sign you have out there!!! Where did you find that? :)
  • moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    Hope I am not too late to join the party! :smiley: I just started playing instead of building recently. I had a plan to redesign Aurora Skies and after building so many houses I am taking a break. (Actually I was driven off by all those 'assertion-failed's and 'exception-raise's :'( )

Anyway, recently I was amused by the Grimm Reaper. My PI sim was investigating a case and she questioned an elder on the beach. The elder was very cooperative and sensitive that he died of old age right after answering my sim's question. I took it that he hung on to answer the question and fought until his last breath lol. So when the Grimm Reaper came my sim got lazy and tried to question the Grim Reaper since she only needed to question one more sim. To my surprise there was actually an option to question him when I click on him. Before answering my sim's question, the Grimm Reaper decided that he needed to have some sunshine and fun so he took off his black robe (but still got the black smoke on him) and relax on the beach then went into the sea to splash some water.
    screenshot_original.jpg

After that he told my sim about his opinion about the dubious girl friend that my sim was investigating:"(for my sim's client) Proposing (to that girl) would be a terrible idea! Honestly, I don't know what he sees in that girl." I wonder what she possibly could have done that even the Grimm Reaper has heard of her and disapproves her. But on the other hand the Grimm Reaper could have been the most gossip person on the world since he's in charge of everyone's life :wink:

Also I have no idea since when my sim kid's imaginary friend had his/her own umbrella. It doesn't make sense unless the umbrella is also imaginary... Meanwhile I am glad that the kid has far better relationships with her brother and mother than with her doll and she seldom initiates interactions with him/her but constantly goes to play with her family. Good girl :p (Although the doll keeps badgering her so that she can't even do her homework)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited January 2015
    I built an epic swamp mansion in Twinbrook this weekend. I put down a 2x2 foundation, then a 2x2 wall on top of that, then a column on top of that and then built the house. My Sim can fish under her up in the sky house.

It was so nice having a color wheel and so many options, everything matches!

That made me very happy, that and being able to watch my supernatural town while my little swamp witch worked on her alchemy skills. The vampires I created as criminals are getting into all sorts of mischief on their own and I watch it happen from town view.

@moonandsixpens‌ - did you know that IF's are listed as service sims? I didn't. Maybe I'm like the last person to know this lol. I was cleaning up Twinbrook (OK killing everybody off so I could populate it with my own Sims) when I saw an IF listed under service Sims. I had no idea, I sort of thought since they were with the household that they were resident Sims.

It makes sense though since we can't play them.

ETA: The IF belonged to one of my houses I had placed and had played for awhile so it wasn't the IF of some random townie. It belonged to one of my Sims and I had even named it.
    Hope I am not too late to join the party! :smiley: I just started playing instead of building recently. I had a plan to redesign Aurora Skies and after building so many houses I am taking a break. (Actually I was driven off by all those 'assertion-failed's and 'exception-raise's :'( )

Anyway, recently I was amused by the Grimm Reaper. My PI sim was investigating a case and she questioned an elder on the beach. The elder was very cooperative and sensitive that he died of old age right after answering my sim's question. I took it that he hung on to answer the question and fought until his last breath lol. So when the Grimm Reaper came my sim got lazy and tried to question the Grim Reaper since she only needed to question one more sim. To my surprise there was actually an option to question him when I click on him. Before answering my sim's question, the Grimm Reaper decided that he needed to have some sunshine and fun so he took off his black robe (but still got the black smoke on him) and relax on the beach then went into the sea to splash some water.
    screenshot_original.jpg

After that he told my sim about his opinion about the dubious girl friend that my sim was investigating:"(for my sim's client) Proposing (to that girl) would be a terrible idea! Honestly, I don't know what he sees in that girl." I wonder what she possibly could have done that even the Grimm Reaper has heard of her and disapproves her. But on the other hand the Grimm Reaper could have been the most gossip person on the world since he's in charge of everyone's life :wink:

Also I have no idea since when my sim kid's imaginary friend had his/her own umbrella. It doesn't make sense unless the umbrella is also imaginary... Meanwhile I am glad that the kid has far better relationships with her brother and mother than with her doll and she seldom initiates interactions with him/her but constantly goes to play with her family. Good girl :p (Although the doll keeps badgering her so that she can't even do her homework)
    screenshot_original.jpg

It's never too late to join the party. :)

That's an awesome picture of a revealed Grimm Reaper!! :) Funny story.

And so THAT is what happens with those dolls?? I guess my sims never had a big enough relationship with them for them to come alive. ;)

@moonandsixpens and @LokiSimsies , please follow my story on this thread:
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/810596/my-first-challenge-please-follow?new=1

It's really coming along and I am enjoying writing it and PLAYING it! :)
  • moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    edited January 2015
    @emorrill‌ Just followed : )

And about those dolls, try to keep your kids away from them or you'll probably regret it ;)
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

@emorrill‌ Just followed : )

And about those dolls, try to keep your kids away from them or you'll probably regret it ;)

Okie dokie Lokie ;)
  • EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member
    well I am just getting on for the day so no new updates yet but I thought to show what my sims home is starting to look like but it seems like it wont let me put the images in so I will link the my blog to do so
    www.thesims3.com/mypage/enchantedprey/myblog
    Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

well I am just getting on for the day so no new updates yet but I thought to show what my sims home is starting to look like but it seems like it wont let me put the images in so I will link the my blog to do so
    www.thesims3.com/mypage/enchantedprey/myblog

Yeah, you have to load pictures onto Photobucket like I do, or some other site and copy the image URL and paste it on here. It's kind of a pain, but I understand why they don't allow you to upload photos. I'll check out your blog. :)
    I built an epic swamp mansion in Twinbrook this weekend. I put down a 2x2 foundation, then a 2x2 wall on top of that, then a column on top of that and then built the house. My Sim can fish under her up in the sky house.

It was so nice having a color wheel and so many options, everything matches!

That made me very happy, that and being able to watch my supernatural town while my little swamp witch worked on her alchemy skills. The vampires I created as criminals are getting into all sorts of mischief on their own and I watch it happen from town view.

Sounds AWESOME @LokiSimsies ! :D
  • immafatcatimmafatcat Posts: 20 New Member
    @ACB44 Sadly no... :(
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @emorril-I use that better sleeping babies Mod and a no zombies Mod along with a few others from MTS.I got the for sale sign there and it's great for marking houses intended for sims to own.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Haha! :D I guess it's like talking like those little blue guys "the Smurfs", who replaces every two words by smurf... so if you talk sims bad language, well you plum! It's annoying, but getting into the forum language a lot...
    @Rocky Storm: Is EA trying to brainwash us!?! No bad language, not too much TV... :\ But sometimes the glitches can be fun too. I remember when sims died when participating in a hotdog eating contest if they had the starving mod! I was so surprised to see my sim just pass away, when I thought she could stuff herself for free! :o
    NymlADp.jpg
  • EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member
    @ACB44‌ lol the babysitters are not that great every time I get one they dont feed the children :\
    I am bad with the children in this game lol I choose one offspring to not set in npc mode and let them take care of themselves :p
    though i do love to hear what is going on in your world
    Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

• jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @emorrill: You need to play alot with the doll as a toddler to make that happen! Then, when the child grows up, you get the suggestion to put the doll on the floor to see what happens... :) If they develop a real friendship, your child can make a potion himself to give the imaginary friend, or go on a "quest" for the ingrédients to bring to the science lab, which makes the potion for him! It's quite fun to make them real, I think! They can become giant ragdolls when they want, and even get kids! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
    jillbg wrote: »
    @emorrill: You need to play alot with the doll as a toddler to make that happen! Then, when the child grows up, you get the suggestion to put the doll on the floor to see what happens... :) If they develop a real friendship, your child can make a potion himself to give the imaginary friend, or go on a "quest" for the ingrédients to bring to the science lab, which makes the potion for him! It's quite fun to make them real, I think! They can become giant ragdolls when they want, and even get kids! :D

I see. Thanks for the info. :)
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    Coming late to the party... I'm busy catching up...

For the IF there are two messages about the toddler and doll becoming really good friends (I'm not sure of the wording, but I know there are two different ones) - if they get the second one, the relationship is high enough. I have a pretty long toddler lifespan (I like them) so mine usually manage to build a high relationship while also learning the skills and reading the books...

In my current game my family adopted a kid, and then had an alien baby - both of them had IFs and both of those IFs were turned real as children.

Screenshot-273.jpg
    Screenshot-274.jpg
    Screenshot-275.jpg
    Screenshot-276.jpg

They've now moved out, and one of the IFs got married and had a baby. I haven't checked on the family yet, but I do know that there's a 50% chance the baby is an IF, too.

• ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
    immafatcat wrote: »
    @ACB44 Sadly no... :(

Awe, pooey :( LOL

@ACB44‌ lol the babysitters are not that great every time I get one they dont feed the children :\
    I am bad with the children in this game lol I choose one offspring to not set in npc mode and let them take care of themselves :p
    though i do love to hear what is going on in your world

Yes, I never really had luck with babysitters either. But if they pop out anymore children, I'm going to have to figure something out because I'd really like them both to accomplish their LTW of reaching the top of their careers. Unfortunately, due to loads of school work I haven't been able to play these past few days, but now that I'm a full member I hope to post some pictures soon!!

@KarinL‌ , I didn't know IF could have IF babies!! That's actually pretty cool... might have to try that out one day. But I kinda struggle with the IF getting annoying/in the way after awhile, but maybe just maybe I'll try it one day.
    The chapters keep on growing in my other thread! PLEASE come join and read my Sims Single Dad with 5 kids Challenge story! :)

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/810596/my-first-challenge-please-follow?new=1

Of course these are what's happening in my Sims game today. ;)
  • ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
    edited January 2015
    So, a lot has happened in my game in the short time frame of 3 sim days... the biggest and most stressful is trying to raise the twins (Barbara J and Bobby S). I don't know why, but I don't remember raising babies being this stressful. I used to use the glitched out baby swing that would keep the babies' motives completely full/raise them, but this time I decided to do it the old fashion way... and I'm starting to think I regret it. Holly spends the early mornings and mid-day caring for the kids (and neglecting herself) while Abdul gets himself together and goes to work, and then Abdul takes the evening and night shifts while Holly tries to pull it all back together and audition for Magician gigs. She had her very first one at the park, which Abdul sadly couldn't make because he had to watch the kids .. it got the rating of "taste like chicken" which wasn't good at all basically ...

[img][/img]Screenshot-75_zpsf32ab739.jpg

While at the show, sparkling lights were hovering over the park... and end up at our house... and turns out it was an alien.

[img][/img]Screenshot-81_zps9ca9aab9.jpg

But before heading home, Holly decided to stop at the neighborhood pet adoption and get a puppy, beautifully named Belladoosh.

[img][/img]Screenshot-85_zps0c808b2a.jpg

(Sadly, Belladoosh was just too dang on destructive so we had to put her back up for adoption a day later.)

After heading home from adopting Belladoosh, Holly basically went straight to sleep and Adbul's night shift with the kids began. A want of his was to buy a Bonehilda Coffin, which I did for $4000, leaving them with only about $200. But she was pretty useless, and I learned that since Holly was neurotic she would freak with Bonehilda around, so she was sold.

[img][/img]Screenshot-86_zpsad214897.jpg

About a couple hours of Holly being home, the alien lights appeared again and the worst thing possible happened... Abdul got intrigued and was abducted. I was hoping that he would at least just NOT be pregnant ... but just my luck and just with how weird my game has been thus far, OF COURSE HE IS EXPERIENCING MYSTERIOUS WEIGHT GAIN.

[img][/img]Screenshot-89_zps2c050bdc.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-92_zps023bad5f.jpg

There's no way we can deal with another child ... raising the twins is driving us crazy already. Holly can't work and has just about decided to just raise the kids and return once they are children. After reading that the alien inside Abdul is FULL alien, and thus essentially not his ... I'm just about 100% sure we are going to opt to send the alien baby back to the alien world once he has it. We had Holly changed to a human because I wanted normalcy, and now this ... I also recorded the name of the alien that abducted Abdul so that if we ever see him, Abdul will beat him to a pulp!! ... I swear, my game has had so many flips and turns, I'm really trying to just embrace it but its getting a little extreme... I just hope that Barbara J and Bobby S grow up to be at least somewhat functional ... and maybe a lot more normal than their parents... this has been the most interesting start of a legacy ever though, good and bad.

Post edited by ACB44 on
  • angelpuppy2angelpuppy2 Posts: 162 Member
    today my game crashed and then wouldn't let me start it again saying a data file was missing and i had to reinstall the game so i removed all the cc i recently downloaded but it still would give me the error message so i just ended up uninstalling it because i am really fed up.
    ACB44 wrote: »
    I don't know why, but I don't remember raising babies being this stressful.

It is THAT stressful in real life too. ;););)

Oh no about Abdul being abducted!! :( I can totally understand your frustration. And I don't blame you about wanting to send the baby back to the alien world. I would!

Your pictures are great! :)
    today my game crashed and then wouldn't let me start it again saying a data file was missing and i had to reinstall the game so i removed all the cc i recently downloaded but it still would give me the error message so i just ended up uninstalling it because i am really fed up.

Aww, that sucks @angelpuppy2 :( I had to uninstall my sims game completely after I realized how much Pets and Seasons were bogging it down. The lag was terrible (I would speed up time and it would still act like it was on normal time. Yeeah...). I did all the things people suggested online to reduce lag and they didn't help. So I uninstalled and reinstalled without the Pets or Seasons expansions. I miss them...but my game has run MUCH faster!!

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Took care of the cats today

15716721724_c21ceae6ec.jpg
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
    > @emorrill said:
    > ACB44 wrote: »
    >
    > I don't know why, but I don't remember raising babies being this stressful.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It is THAT stressful in real life too.
    >
    > Oh no about Abdul being abducted!! I can totally understand your frustration. And I don't blame you about wanting to send the baby back to the alien world. I would!
    >
    > Your pictures are great!
    > angelpuppy2 wrote: »
    >
    > today my game crashed and then wouldn't let me start it again saying a data file was missing and i had to reinstall the game so i removed all the cc i recently downloaded but it still would give me the error message so i just ended up uninstalling it because i am really fed up.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Aww, that sucks angelpuppy2 I had to uninstall my sims game completely after I realized how much Pets and Seasons were bogging it down. The lag was terrible (I would speed up time and it would still act like it was on normal time. Yeeah...). I did all the things people suggested online to reduce lag and they didn't help. So I uninstalled and reinstalled without the Pets or Seasons expansions. I miss them...but my game has run MUCH faster!!

it was my sims 4 game that stopped working, but now i wanna download sims 3 and all the expansion packs but i probably wouldn't be able to run in on my laptop :'(
    oh geeze i thought i was commenting in the sims 4 forum.... oo ps...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top