Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 times the FUN! A Randomacy ~ NEW Chapter, 9.11

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:

Kayla kept an eye on their new neighbors, Trigger & Rhoda Broke with their teen son Freddie, because she heard dogs… lots of dogs… and wanted to know if they were friendly ones.

To continue reading, please go to
    Have I Got A Story For You!
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    This is cool! But Narrator Addy needs to calm down, crazy sims will be crazy sims!

*waves* Hello & Welcome to our "experiment", @Makayla_MakaPaka‌!

I'm trying. Really I am :)
    I'm a Virgo and quite the Perfectionist (obviously! LOL)... used to playing calm, small families. Used to aging off, etc. I don't do crazy with my Sims unless working on those achievement badges. Some of those were really hard for me to do, let me tell you (1 Boy or 1 Girl with 15 Partners; Being mean to 200 Sims. Just to name a couple of them). So crazy Sims will be crazy Sims wasn't a thing I'm used to having as a part of my regular gaming experience. Ever.

This Legacy has been eye-opening and quite good for me, I think. I am certainly well & truly outside my usual SimBox way of playing. I have already decided that I really, really like Story Progression and will be keeping it as well as aging on for my games from here on out. Progress has been made :)

• tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Hi ladies! :) How is everyone going? Hope you all had a great weekend so far. :)

I am thoroughly enjoying both stories, but I must admit I am getting myself confused as to who is who's sims as the founders are the same! LOL :P But it's so good to read how their lives are turning out, each different and the pictures are awesome as well. :)

I was so shocked Wei died! :( I gave out a cry of noooo when I read that, poor Rorie she was so in love with him!

How did he die?

Hi you! I'm happy you're enjoying both stories! I know it can be a bit confusing about who's is who's. Just remember Addy is using those adorable picture frames and my pictures are just normal, lol. I'm hoping that after Zach and Nichol pass they become active as spirits and can still be in the story from time to time. Wei is super active! Out every single sim night. Rorie couldn't put the baby in the crib the other night cause he kept shaking it, lol

My out cry may have been a bit different than noooo, lol! Like I said they had just had lunch but his headstone shows he died of hunger and the first thing he does when he comes out is eat. So I'm not quite sure why Grimmy decided to take him to the spirit world. It does make my telling of the next generation a bit easier though. :)
    This is cool! But Narrator Addy needs to calm down, crazy sims will be crazy sims!

Hi there and nice to meet you! Crazy sims will be crazy won't they? lol

I am loving doing this with Addy and it's nice to know people are enjoying it. It is a bit different way of playing for both of us. I usually don't stick with families very long and end up bouncing to the next game to see what else I want to do. And Addy is used to aging off and being a bit more sure of what her sims are doing at certain times. We are both having a lot of fun and are excited to share it with everyone!

We hope you continue to enjoy it! :)
    Welcome baby Reiley!

Zach is also a great Dad and Grandfather in my game. In case anyone is wondering his traits are neurotic, slob, disciplined, virtuiso, and genius. So none that pop out at making him that way.

Addy and I were also pointing out that it was interesting how our games heirs have so far been a girl and a boy. Part of our reason for doing this is to compare what happens in each game and see what stays the same or changes. :)
  • RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    All caught up on the story so far.
    I loved this idea when you posted on mypages about it, such a good idea. Both games are already going in very different directions. :) I'll keep up with the thread and what happens to all your simmies xxx :)
    All caught up on the story so far.
    I loved this idea when you posted on mypages about it, such a good idea. Both games are already going in very different directions. :) I'll keep up with the thread and what happens to all your simmies xxx :)

Hiya Rockley! They really are going in different directions and it's so much fun! Glad you'll be keeping up :)

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Tanu, I have been surprised when my sims were hungry or even starving since I knew I had fed them before they left for work. Then I'll look and the plate will be on the table. Maybe they had a phone call or ran into someone on the way to the table and stood there tapping their toes too long they never thought to eat the food. I've had to quit the work interaction and have then grab some fruit from their backpack and then send them back to work or school with only a small interruption to the progress meter more than once.

Addy, I smile every time I see pictures of the home. I spend so much time in CASt playing with colors and design and often change things up again when I am play testing. It is rare that I find myself completely happy with something later. Feel free to change up anything. You truly won't hurt my feelings.

You are doing such a great job on the pictures and the story telling and the behind the scenes conversations. I remember when you were so disappointed on my pages that the potion didn't result in twins, but I do think you'll be less stressed this way for now. So many other things going on for you, in real life too.

I love that you enjoyed Woodstock and dancing along with your characters! And I love that you are so much a part of your family's lives. It's so nice to see the interwoven aspects of all your lives.

I love, love, love the pictures and the way the stories are being told, complete with all the comments. Thank you both so much for sharing your Sims adventures with the rest of us.

And, Tanu, I can have a Rorie? Big grin here!
    Ciane ~ That's just it I have a habit of checking all their meters before they go to the festival and I won't let them go when they are low. So it was just his time to go is all, lol I have been playing my game a bit today and nothing exciting is happening so I'm ready for the next "What the..." moment. :p

And yes shall email you Rorie in just a few moments :)
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    You guys are seriously making this game fun for me again with just thinking about what you are doing in your games. :) I am seriously going to have to give this a try once I am done with this build. Thanks for the laughs and cries so far.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited January 2015
    He must have participated in the hot dog or pie eating contest. I've read that others have starved while doing that (though you'd think that won't be possible while they are stuffing themselves). Maybe he got sick as a result and then starved. Someone else suggested that they may choke on the food. ((I kind of like him as the first/second ghost!))
    Hiya Meagan! I'm so happy it's making it fun for you again! It is for me too! I was stuck in a rut and now I'm having a blast and I know I'll keep going because I have Addy keeping me going! lol

I hope we can continue to keep the laughter (and maybe a tear or two) coming! :)
    ciane wrote: »
    He must have participated in the hot dog or pie eating contest. I've read that others have starved while doing that (though you'd think that won't be possible while they are stuffing themselves). Maybe he got sick as a result and then starved. Someone else suggested that they may choke on the food. ((I kind of like him as the first/second ghost!))

I really don't know but he is a very cool ghost at least lol I really thought my founders would be the first ghosts so be careful what you think! lol

I sent Rorie out to you by the way. :D

• christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    @ADWilson no it's totally fine, I just mentioned that because it's more me confusing me not the story or sims. haha :P I love how Kayla turned out as well, she is so pretty! :) Zach is a dream dad and grand dad isnt he, excellent sim for any household and Nikki is very sweet sim in both stories she makes a great mum and grandmum too. :) It's going to be sad when the founders pass on they are awesome sims. :)

FEvr1sR.gif
    tanubanue wrote: »
    Hi ladies! :) How is everyone going? Hope you all had a great weekend so far. :)

I am thoroughly enjoying both stories, but I must admit I am getting myself confused as to who is who's sims as the founders are the same! LOL :P But it's so good to read how their lives are turning out, each different and the pictures are awesome as well. :)

I was so shocked Wei died! :( I gave out a cry of noooo when I read that, poor Rorie she was so in love with him!

How did he die?

Hi you! I'm happy you're enjoying both stories! I know it can be a bit confusing about who's is who's. Just remember Addy is using those adorable picture frames and my pictures are just normal, lol. I'm hoping that after Zach and Nichol pass they become active as spirits and can still be in the story from time to time. Wei is super active! Out every single sim night. Rorie couldn't put the baby in the crib the other night cause he kept shaking it, lol

My out cry may have been a bit different than noooo, lol! Like I said they had just had lunch but his headstone shows he died of hunger and the first thing he does when he comes out is eat. So I'm not quite sure why Grimmy decided to take him to the spirit world. It does make my telling of the next generation a bit easier though. :)

Yeh I bet it was! lol :P Poor Wei I am pretty amazed that he died of hunger, it was hunger? :o It's really cool to see him hanging around and helping when he can as well. :) Rorie looked so heartbroken I wanted to hug her tight! <3

FEvr1sR.gif
    ADWilson wrote: »

**waves** Hello, @christinebremner‌! Things are good, moments where we are a bit busy, but we still find time to have some fun :)

FRI night - Teen had semi-final district match in soccer. They lost (played number 1 school, a team the school hasn't scored a single score against in the 3 years my girl has been on the team - fact: 2009 was when the last point happened.) but the girls didn't give up and tried throughout the entire game. They played better against them than in the two regular season games. No point, but really, really close this one time. There is always next year... a chance to score a point and turn that momentum a bit. That is what I tell her is a win in my books when they play them, if they can score that one point :) So... we told her what good things we saw her doing during this game and went out for dinner & pie afterwards.

SAT - Teen is on one of the Robotics teams at school and this weekend is what they call "Build Blitz" (take their plan and turn it into a robot). Dropped her off so she could help in any way possible. She is lead on the Awards team - essay, team video, scrapbook, Community Outreach (Volunteering) & Networking, Spirit Squad - so isn't "hands on" with the robotic end of things. She joined the team last year because of her writing skills. Their efforts thus far this year had won the team a small award during off-season with their essay and video on Community Outreach which in turn gave the team a confidence boost and a gift certificate towards parts :)

Weather is gorgeous down here in sunny FL so we pulled out our folding chairs and took our indoor only cat outside into the fenced-in backyard. Sunny, a light breeze and 72 degrees... aaah, lovely. We talked and looked at the clouds as we kept an eye on her. Our two cats are both 17 (just like our teen) and this one has gone from enjoying being outside and actively wanting us to take her out to having to be carried out and placed in the grass. We think her memory is going and it is a little sad to see, but we know she needs whatever it is that chewing grass provides her and periodically give her a small "outing" with us nearby.

Hubby and I game together. LOTRO. Secret World. Marvel Heroes 2015. This weekend in LOTRO, one of the guilds known for their musical performances (Yes! Characters CAN play instruments and there are mods with huge songbooks) is once again hosting their version of Woodstock. We met at night in the ice and snow up outside the main Dwarven city, by a frozen pond, some characters put down campfires and (with headphones off and speaker volume up) our characters joined the crowd dancing, cheering/clapping <== yay for all the emotes one can do! I recall us dancing (characters and us at home, too!) as I recognized Billy Idol "Dancing with Myself" (fave in high school!!! still a hearththrob to me - been to 3 of his concerts over the years) and teen stopped her solitaire game when she heard OneRepublic "Counting Stars" (a fave of hers & mine) and swayed in her seat with a smile once she recognized it. We're nerds. Game nerds :)

TODAY - Drop teen of at boyfriend's for a good part of the day. She gets along well with his two younger sisters as well. One planned outing is for them to go to IKEA so bf and her can start looking/getting ideas for college dorms, etc. 2016 graduation will be here before we know it. Hubby & I will probably game a bit, do errand running, laundry... dun dun dun. LOL

Okay, time to end the mini-novel ;)

Yay to enjoying the stories! Not so yay for getting confused. Is it because we purposely chose to play the same founder couple? This means you (and everyone else!) are seeing them in BOTH versions of the game living different lives and bearing different offspring. Any ideas/suggestions for what we can do one our end to make this less confusing? Maybe some of our lurkers (we have LURKERS!!!) might be a wee bit confused, too.

I know that once our founders take a trip with Grimmy to tropical islands [courtesy of ciane who knows that I am already experiencing separation anxiety as I typically never play with aging on (turned it off when I experienced my first death) and Zach & Nichol are just around the corner, peeking at Elder stage in my game. **gasp** **grabs a sip of water**] our two games won't look alike as much and perhaps it will be easier to tell them apart. Until then, please don't hesitate to let us know what we can do to help lift the clouds of confusion.

WOW that's a busy weekend! lol :) That's really cool you and hubby game together, must be heaps of fun! :) My other half doesn't like anything tech, so he is technophobic and gameophobic if there is such a name? LOL :) So I am the gamer out of the two of us but he loves to watch me build or make worlds. So it sorta evens out there. :)

My weekend was way less busy than yours, except yesterday had a 3 hour drive in melting heat and was happy to get home to my air conditioned house! lol Other than that nice and quiet. :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Welcome to little Riley! :) It looks like Zach is a great and helpful grandfather. It is nice that Kayla and Jeremey are expecting twins. It is very nice reading the updates and seeing the pictures.
    Awww Welcome Riley! I nearly forgot to post that! B)
    FEvr1sR.gif
    All caught up on the story so far. I loved this idea when you posted on mypages about it, such a good idea. Both games are already going in very different directions. :) I'll keep up with the thread and what happens to all your simmies xxx :)
    tanubanue wrote: »
    Hiya Rockley! They really are going in different directions and it's so much fun! Glad you'll be keeping up :)

Some things are very similar - like heirs (girl for Gen2 and boy for Gen3) - which I find interesting because I have NOT been promising any wish for a particular gender nor have any mom-to-be eaten apples or watermelons during their pregnancy as I didn't want to know in advance.

Other things are quite different due to the rolls we make and the roles our Sims take. I have been adding more random bits here & there to my game. I have even been stepping back a little and letting my Simmies have a few moments of them choosing what to do versus my choosing just to see what happens. They gravitate heavily to the ice cream maker and deep fryer... not good as sometimes they just ate or would place the plate on the table and go grab a treat! I once had the disgusting moodlet & couldn't figure it out... only to later realize that there was an unclaimed ice cream... yuck LOL

Gen2 has the "Runs in the Family" where a trait from either parent is picked to be given to children BEFORE they reach YA. I wrote down traits for Jeremey and Kayla, then grabbed a die and rolled to see what would be the one to carryover.

It has been a total blast comparing notes with Tanu behind-the-scenes AND here as to what is the same and what is different :)

Addy, I smile every time I see pictures of the home. I spend so much time in CASt playing with colors and design and often change things up again when I am play testing. It is rare that I find myself completely happy with something later. Feel free to change up anything. You truly won't hurt my feelings.

I'm so GLAD that seeing your house makes you smile & may it continue to do so as I play & enjoy it. It truly is a well thought out plan/layout and I will be using it again. Thanks for letting me know that it wouldn't hurt your feelings to see things change... that is a huge relief to me as I didn't want to risk hurting your feelings by making you feel that it isn't good enough for my Simmies. As money flows in, I shall have each generation leave their small thumbprint somewhere. We'll see what all happens with that twinkling of a thought ;)
    You are doing such a great job on the pictures and the story telling and the behind the scenes conversations. I remember when you were so disappointed on my pages that the potion didn't result in twins, but I do think you'll be less stressed this way for now. So many other things going on for you, in real life too.

Thanks, it has been fun coming up with new & slightly fresh ways of telling each story. I'm continually learning how to do something and am pretty excited with each layout I do in Word/pictures in Photobucket before getting it up over here. I honestly thought twins would be quick & easy but then realized that it is indeed taking a "village" <== the household! to raise the toddler properly. Baby or Toddler awake in the wee hours? No problem because someone is always waking up or almost turning in so they can do a quick detour into the nursery.
    I love that you enjoyed Woodstock and dancing along with your characters! And I love that you are so much a part of your family's lives. It's so nice to see the interwoven aspects of all your lives.

It was fun. I love when games hold events be it holiday ones or special questing or player-driven social moments as that makes it more than just do this, do this, do this... "yay, another level". I'm sure it is no surprise to you to hear that my hubby and teen mean the world to me. Teen graduates in 2016 and we are looking at colleges, etc and it is starting to sink in to both her and me that we won't be together every day. Our conversations lately are so mature and full of food-for-thought that I know our adult relationship will be wonderful growth experiences for both of us :)
    I love, love, love the pictures and the way the stories are being told, complete with all the comments. Thank you both so much for sharing your Sims adventures with the rest of us.

Thanks, again! It has been my pleasure. I wish I had thought to do something like this sooner!!! In fact **looks around** I confess that I have found the next challenge that I wish to attempt. Not sure if I will chronicle it, but am mighty tempted to ;)

MeaganJo wrote: »
    You guys are seriously making this game fun for me again with just thinking about what you are doing in your games. :)

Hooray! And...
    MeaganJo wrote: »
    I am seriously going to have to give this a try once I am done with this build. Thanks for the laughs and cries so far.

Hooray again!! Please DO give this challenge or any challenge that strikes your fancy a try :)
    If you can, see if a friend will go in like we've done, it really does add to the level of enjoyment.

Let me know where to find your story should you decide to share it, if it is even a smidgeon as good as your builds then it will be a real treat to read.

@ADWilson no it's totally fine, I just mentioned that because it's more me confusing me not the story or sims. haha :P I love how Kayla turned out as well, she is so pretty! :)

Thanks! I also think Kayla is really pretty and find it interesting that she has Zach's hair color and not Nichol's as seen in Rorie. With our going with different spouses etc. the differences just keep on coming.
    Zach is a dream dad and grand dad isnt he, excellent sim for any household and Nikki is very sweet sim in both stories she makes a great mum and grandmum too. :) It's going to be sad when the founders pass on they are awesome sims. :)

Like Tanu mentioned, his traits are neurotic - disciplined - slob - virtuoso - genius so I honestly didn't expect him to be as good as he is. He is the only one who gets continual wishes to clean dishes so it is a nice way to add happiness points. He is also quick to go hold the baby/toddler & snuggle or play with. Really helps everyone stay happy.

Zach & Nichol are a wonderful couple and I imagine that I will play them again. I think I am getting more used to the idea that they won't be around forever. Will miss them like crazy as I have grown rather fond of them, but the story must go on. Besides, I plan to bin each family so they will never be truly gone. Always at my fingertips, ready for new adventures ;)
    WOW that's a busy weekend! lol :) That's really cool you and hubby game together, must be heaps of fun! :) My other half doesn't like anything tech, so he is technophobic and gameophobic if there is such a name? LOL :) So I am the gamer out of the two of us but he loves to watch me build or make worlds. So it sorta evens out there. :)

I know Tanu has been enjoying Streaming Shadows. I peeked and the picture is gorgeous and quite tempting.
    I have never downloaded a user-created world but I think I will now.
    My weekend was way less busy than yours, except yesterday had a 3 hour drive in melting heat and was happy to get home to my air conditioned house! lol Other than that nice and quiet. :)

Sorry about the melting heat :(
    Thank goodness for the creation of AC. Would you believe, I am a native FL and grew up without AC. We got a small window unit for the living room/dining room when I was in high school. Now... I try to keep windows open as much as possible in the house, but must have air going in the car LOL

rosemow wrote: »
    Welcome to little Riley! :) It looks like Zach is a great and helpful grandfather. It is nice that Kayla and Jeremey are expecting twins. It is very nice reading the updates and seeing the pictures.
    Awww Welcome Riley! I nearly forgot to post that! B)

Thanks! Reiley is such a cutie pie and I look forward to seeing what he looks like at each life stage.

ADWilson wrote: »
    @ADWilson no it's totally fine, I just mentioned that because it's more me confusing me not the story or sims. haha :P I love how Kayla turned out as well, she is so pretty! :)

Thanks! I also think Kayla is really pretty and find it interesting that she has Zach's hair color and not Nichol's as seen in Rorie. With our going with different spouses etc. the differences just keep on coming.
    Zach is a dream dad and grand dad isnt he, excellent sim for any household and Nikki is very sweet sim in both stories she makes a great mum and grandmum too. :) It's going to be sad when the founders pass on they are awesome sims. :)

Like Tanu mentioned, his traits are neurotic - disciplined - slob - virtuoso - genius so I honestly didn't expect him to be as good as he is. He is the only one who gets continual wishes to clean dishes so it is a nice way to add happiness points. He is also quick to go hold the baby/toddler & snuggle or play with. Really helps everyone stay happy.

Zach & Nichol are a wonderful couple and I imagine that I will play them again. I think I am getting more used to the idea that they won't be around forever. Will miss them like crazy as I have grown rather fond of them, but the story must go on. Besides, I plan to bin each family so they will never be truly gone. Always at my fingertips, ready for new adventures ;)

First off, thank you for the friend request, accepted with pleasure! :)

Yes it's amazing he is doing all these things, especially with the slob trait but maybe his neurotic and disciplined side outshine his slight downfall, but whatever the cause he is still pretty cool. :)B)

Yes they are a lovely couple and I am the same I have different families in different life stages as well, I still have my very first dual family share house full of Supernaturals, which has been an amazing game to play with so much drama its very entertaining seeing what they do automatically. :) I am really looking forward to the next installments of your story Addy and a great thread to come and have a chat.

p.s. I should bring some coffee next time. :D
    FEvr1sR.gif