Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bogus Game Guarantee

So last night I did a little investigating on the new DLC, Outdoor retreat. I watched the trailer and read the marketing excerpts for the new gameplay. Since there was also a note on the game guarantee, I took a chance and purchased the download. I installed the game and played for a couple of hours. I had immediately sent my Sim to vacation at the campground. Not much direction given as what to do to establish my campsite, but we figured it out. I explored and harvested all plants visible. I collected as many insects as I could. I hiked, which is just walking around. I envisioned my Sim morphing and having a backpack on her back and hiking boots on her feet. No such morphing happened. I chose to explore the woods and found a secret entrance and more plants, insects and collectibles. My Sim wasn't happy about the bear walking around so I didn't bother to have her interact with it. She kept getting upset each time she had to use the restroom due to the bug infestation. Essentially the vacation getaway is probably more family-friendly. I had to seek out people to keep up her social meter. You have to have a guitar to sing camp songs and my Sim spent all her money just getting there and buying necessary supplies. You have to pay $10 to take a shower. I thought the cooler and tents were cool, but overall, I wasn't happy with the purchase. The same game that sold me with the "game guarantee" now says this purchase isn't eligible for a refund. How can that be? I have gone back to Origin, now all reference to the game says it's not eligible for the game guarantee. That was on my home computer. Now I visited Origin from my phone, I again get the advertisement about the game guarantee. THAT IS FALSE ADVERTISING! I have now joined the "disgusted with EA camp.You won't be getting more money from me. That includes ALL game titles.

Comments

• WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    Digital downloads like this are always "all sales final." It's not just EA. Their great game guarantee is only for their actual games, not DLC. It's pretty standard across the board for literally all game companies. Sorry you didn't enjoy it.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    mljones88 wrote: »
    So last night I did a little investigating on the new DLC, Outdoor retreat. I watched the trailer and read the marketing excerpts for the new gameplay. Since there was also a note on the game guarantee, I took a chance and purchased the download. I installed the game and played for a couple of hours. I had immediately sent my Sim to vacation at the campground. Not much direction given as what to do to establish my campsite, but we figured it out. I explored and harvested all plants visible. I collected as many insects as I could. I hiked, which is just walking around. I envisioned my Sim morphing and having a backpack on her back and hiking boots on her feet. No such morphing happened. I chose to explore the woods and found a secret entrance and more plants, insects and collectibles. My Sim wasn't happy about the bear walking around so I didn't bother to have her interact with it. She kept getting upset each time she had to use the restroom due to the bug infestation. Essentially the vacation getaway is probably more family-friendly. I had to seek out people to keep up her social meter. You have to have a guitar to sing camp songs and my Sim spent all her money just getting there and buying necessary supplies. You have to pay $10 to take a shower. I thought the cooler and tents were cool, but overall, I wasn't happy with the purchase. The same game that sold me with the "game guarantee" now says this purchase isn't eligible for a refund. How can that be? I have gone back to Origin, now all reference to the game says it's not eligible for the game guarantee. That was on my home computer. Now I visited Origin from my phone, I again get the advertisement about the game guarantee. THAT IS FALSE ADVERTISING! I have now joined the "disgusted with EA camp.You won't be getting more money from me. That includes ALL game titles.

contact customer service for refund, no one here can help with that, see HELP at the bottom of any page.
  • tmelancontmelancon Posts: 120 Member
    I wish you luck in trying to get a refund, when Island Paradise came out I had bought it through Digital Download and it never worked on my computer and I was not given a refund.
    xRArK6t.png

• mljones88mljones88 Posts: 272 Member
    The description for the refund for the download said you had to request the refund within 24 hours of the download/installation. I thank you all for your responses. I will try customer service.
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    My husband bought me Sims 4 yesterday and I am really not wanting it, because i've heard it is boring, but as it was a gift I figured I would give it a try last night and I do not like it at all. It is a store copy, can I return it once it has been opened?
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Hm.. that's weird that you got that msg, when i bought the game it showed that this game pack was not part of the game guarantee that origin uses..
    I am sorry to hear that you did not like the game pack
    My husband bought me Sims 4 yesterday and I am really not wanting it, because i've heard it is boring, but as it was a gift I figured I would give it a try last night and I do not like it at all. It is a store copy, can I return it once it has been opened?

hey @KarilynMonroe2 :) in your case the return would be determined by the store's policy but many big box do have a no return for open software. it took me two years to get into 3 so it if you cant get a refund it could still be worthy to have for down the road.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Depending on where it was purchased from, some stores like Walmart won't give you a refund for the game. But they will let you exchange it for another game that is equal to the original purchase price. :(

• mljones88mljones88 Posts: 272 Member
    Well, I was lucky. I requested a callback and received it. I will get the refund within a few days. I am sorry for those unable to get satisfaction. EA isn't so bad after all. The guy I spoke to says having the game guarantee show up for gamepacks or expansion packs was a graphical glitch. I'm happy.
  • ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    edited January 2015
    @mljones88‌ - It sounds like there was an error somewhere. I would call EA or email them. If you followed the process you outlined, the game is definitely eligible for their guarantee. It says it right on their website. This includes downloaded games. I remember seeing it and was surprised when I purchased my GP and went back on after seeing your post to double check. I saw this on my PC so it is still there. I would contact EA. It just sounds like an error and not intentional provided that you did initiate the return in 24 hours or less. Good luck.

gamegte_zpsea57b658.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have returned a game to Walmart before, because it would not play on my computer. I don't remember if I exchanged it for something else but I eventually just bought a new computer just for simming. I started out with sims on wii, then on xbox. All of those were more fun that Sims 4, but maybe I just need to give it another day to see if it gets better.
  • Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    mljones88 wrote: »

Unfortunately, on the screen where you add to chart its says it's not part of best game guarantee.

Well, I'm a sucker...I bought outdoor retreat. i decided that keeping sims 4 would be more fun that trying to return it at walmart. I hate that place! So, I got outdoor retreat today to spice thing up. It did say great game guarantee before I purchased it, but as soon as I was done paying, it said not eligible! What the heck? Anyway, I'm keeping it. The game needed something new and so now, with the existing neighborhoods, the camping world and the hidden glade, it is starting to feel like a normal sized world. Just need some more businesses or something.
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    Hm.. that's weird that you got that msg, when i bought the game it showed that this game pack was not part of the game guarantee that origin uses..

Ditto.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    kiwi84 wrote: »

Ditto.

Maybe it shows up different from different countries?

• RickychengRickycheng Posts: 609 Member
    DLC is always not included for Origin Great Game Guarantee
    DLC and non-EA games purchased on Origin are excluded from the Great Game Guarantee. So, this is a guarantee for full game (a.k.a. "base game") digital downloads published by EA for now, including full games on pre-order and most full games on promotional discount.
  • 101Gamer101Gamer Posts: 131 Member
    couldnt get my money pack on the original, either. .......
    The Sims 4 is about Emotions and reduced CPU power consumption. Right?
    Also, complete agree with this.
    For any looking to return even before the guarantee I witnessed many be able to get refunds/ credits from customer service, if you have an issue contact them