Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did anyone get the Sims 4 Mouse?

Comments

• HaylziesHaylzies Posts: 169 Member
    I got it along with the headset and love them both. It's the only mouse I use for the sims and it's so comfortable to use. If they had a wireless one it would be even better!
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    @Haylzies What's that Plumbob figure in your picture?
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • HaylziesHaylzies Posts: 169 Member
    @ByondTime89‌ the collector's edition of the base game came with a usb plumbob also made by Steel Series, it changes colours just like the mouse and headset.
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Haylzies wrote: »
    @ByondTime89‌ the collector's edition of the base game came with a usb plumbob also made by Steel Series, it changes colours just like the mouse and headset.

That's awesome! It looks very cool. I still have my plumbob usb from when sims 3 came out. It doesn't light up though.
    WLfAA9V.png
    Haylzies wrote: »

That's so awesome! I shoulda got that :l
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited January 2015
    I just got it a couple of months ago. I like it and I really like that it's not wireless. The plumbob seems to change back to default green color after closing my game.. I don't know why and it's kind of annoying. Using the program that you can download from their site I set the plumbob color to purple when not in game. You can also set up three colors for it to rotate through. It has side buttons to use as shortcuts for things. Click on the plumbob to zoom into the current sim selected. The mouse wheel is kind of squeaky now after only a couple months of use. So the plumbob changing to default color after closing my game and the squeaky mouse wheel is my only real complaint. I read one review someone said after a while the mouse kept double clicking on everything. They were sent a replacement and it happened again. That has not happened to me.

Is it worth it? Spending $40 on a mouse is a lot to me but I did it anyways. No, I don't really regret it but I probably won't spend that much on a mouse again. It all depends if you really want it that bad. Ask for gift cards next holiday or birthday if you're not willing to spend the money. newegg.com, walmart.com, and amazon.com both sell it now besides the SteelSeries website. I did not purchase from SteelSeries directly because of their shipping cost.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    That one I posted from amazon was for like $26 or so I don't think that's too bad. I'm considering it
  • RagingFurballRagingFurball Posts: 111 Member
    I got the mouse along with the headset, both of which are incredible. The mouse is a variation of the Steelseries Kana gaming mouse, so it's pretty durable and runs off the steelseries engine. I have the side buttons configured to switch between floors, nixing the need to reach over to page up and page down all the time. The headset has amazing sound quality as well as a built in microphone. They've become my go-to duo for almost all my gaming, save for Warcraft, where I use the steelseries WoW mouse.
    My Origin ID is Raging_Furball
    Simblr: http://raging-furball.tumblr.com
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2015
    Okay, if you're going to spend $30 on a mouse, unless you really have to get a mouse that changes colors, you can get a mouse with different features that may be far more useful. Such as programmable buttons. My mouse (granted, it cost a bit more than $30) has 14 programmable buttons. But a quick look at amazon showed at least one respectable brand mouse with 9 programmable buttons for the same cost.

Even for Sims games, a programmable mouse can be a real annoyance saver. For instance, I have the page up/page down and home/end keys programmed on thumb buttons. I have the arrows programmed to the center wheel left/right clicks. Just little things like that being on the mouse in ways that actually are intuitive makes the UI far more tolerable for me.
    As far as I can tell the description for the Sims 4 mouse said that all the buttons are programmable, whether you're playing the Sims or not, which is nice :3
  • RagingFurballRagingFurball Posts: 111 Member
    As far as I can tell the description for the Sims 4 mouse said that all the buttons are programmable, whether you're playing the Sims or not, which is nice :3

Yes, all buttons are fully programmable, including support for macros. You can actually set up a single button press to open the console, enable testing cheats, enter your favorite cheat, and then close the console. Also, the Steelseries engine has the ability to save your settings over the cloud. This means you can use the Sims 4 mouse across several computers and your settings will follow you; no having to reset them every time you switch rigs.

It's actually a very good deal, since the non-Sims 4 version of the same mouse (The Sensei, not the Kana. I had the models wrong) goes for $60.
    My Origin ID is Raging_Furball
    Simblr: http://raging-furball.tumblr.com
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    That looks really cool but I'm already using the SteelSeries Guild Wars 2 mouse, which is almost the same thing. I'm a big fan of wired mice because they don't run out of batteries so if I ever needed a new one I would definitely consider it.

I am going on year 2 of the batteries in my wireless mouse. The battery reason is somewhat "llllllllll"
    Ah, I missed the part where it was programmable, though I'd go for more keys -- but perhaps I'm just very lazy when it comes to shortcuts. To me, the choice between six and nine programmable keys is a no-brainer.
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Ah, I missed the part where it was programmable, though I'd go for more keys -- but perhaps I'm just very lazy when it comes to shortcuts. To me, the choice between six and nine programmable keys is a no-brainer.

I understand, I love shortcuts as well. For me having so many programmable keys seems like way too many xD Plus, as I've said, I'm quite forgetful so I don't think I'd remember them all haha
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    For me is useful 5 or 6 buttons as has that mouse (also at Razor Death Adder)
    see the 2 for press with thumb
    At Call of Duty I use them to aim and use weapon accesories
  • meekeeleekeemeekeeleekee Posts: 202 Member
    I had the original sims 1 mouse that was wireless and see through ish dark blue. Anyone remember those? it came with the base game of the Sims 1 way back in 2000
    ejoslin wrote: »

I understand, I love shortcuts as well. For me having so many programmable keys seems like way too many xD Plus, as I've said, I'm quite forgetful so I don't think I'd remember them all haha

They become second nature. I mean, the page up/page down home/end keys mapped to the mouse is already four keys, but provided they have good placement (these are all thumb keys on my mouse), they make things MUCH easier. And having the arrow keys mapped to the left/right click of the mouse wheel as well means I don't have to use my keyboard in an awkward way in build mode. And there are six keys used right there. Having three more keys means you can have shortcuts for common commands.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    ...as it 'appens, I am looking to buy me'sen a new mouse....

I am fine with cables- cables are more reliable than wireless in my experience.

I have generally made do with a standard 3 button mouse with a wheel for years and am happy as long is it feels nice, tracks nice and requires a low effort to push buttons.

Price looks alright to me.

Is this just a whimsical buy or is it actually a good mouse?
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I've never used a gaming mouse before, so I probably won't get this one? I wouldn't even know how to work it properly lol.
  • Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    I would like to get both the mouse and the headset. Maybe I'll get that as a gift soon...
    I wanted the plumbob thing too--but wasn't that just sold with the collector's edition to ONLY the UK?
    I would like to know if we could get a hold of the plumbob somewhere. Does anyone know? I am in the USA.
  • PaulJazz24PaulJazz24 Posts: 21 Member
    I bought it. It's nice, precise and light weight. You can assign thumb buttons to functions you like: showing inventory or needs panel. I had a problem with it: "double clic" bug on the left button. You clic one time but the mouse clics twice.
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    The plumbob thing is incorporated in the mouse anyway, I don't know why they added a standalone version. It just looks a bit awkward. The mouse is decent, feels nice to use and responsive as they come. As I said, mine squeaks a lot when scrolling with the wheel but maybe it's because its new and still a bit stiff. It detects the game automatically, you don't have to sync it or anything. Whatever Sims you have selected their mood (and associated colour) will be represented by the plumbob in the mouse. Same as the one above your Sims head at the time.

I think it's worth the money. Looks nice with the mouse mat too.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Well, for 20 notes was worth a punt..should thump on my mat in a day or so.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • PocketsworldPocketsworld Posts: 112 Member
    I did!! I love it!! It's awesome. :)