Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving camping equipment

drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
Is there a way of moving camping equipment like tents and such after placing it in world (vacation world I mean) ?

Comments

• Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I pull them from my inventory (if I brought them ahead of time or purchased from the ranger station) and drag them where I want them. Then put them back in my inventory when it's time to return home :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    I tried doing that but it wouldn't let me, only if I clicked on it "place in world" ....strange, I will try again later. Thankyou
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2015
    drowssap wrote: »
    I tried doing that but it wouldn't let me, only if I clicked on it "place in world" ....strange, I will try again later. Thankyou

If you place the camping items on a lot then you can move them and change their angles with the , and . keys. If your sim is not on a lot and you just used "Place in World" the item will only go where the sim puts it. This is intended according the the Gurus.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • TalamothTalamoth Posts: 91 Member
    edited January 2015
    I am having this same issue. I'm so exasperated right now. I brought along a cooler, portable stereo, camping chair etc. I'm in the campsite and the only option I get is to "place in world". My sim just dumps them all out together in a mess and they can't be moved. The , and . keys twirl the screen around and give me an option to place in inventory, not to move the item.

If this was intended, it is absurd. I so badly want to love the game but, as usual, there are so many glitches and weirdness happening I can't even enjoy the game. I cannot believe you cannot place the camping items where you want them. Unreal.
  • ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    I've been able to drag them from the inventory and place them even if my sim is not on the specific lot. They have to be in the world and the items must be in individual inventories. The 2nd camping trip I didn't pack up before we left and everything went into household inventory. I assumed it would remain there when I went back to camp again (with no access) but thought I'd test it to see. Of course I was right and couldn't access anything so off my sim went to repurchase everything again. :(

I have found that items will place based on your screen view. I have TS3 controls turned on so I just rotate my view and the items place pretty easily once I got the hang of it.
    Thx for responding. It's great that you are able to drag and place but I am not. All items are in my personal inventory. I can click on them and attempt to drag them, but they I cannot place them, they will not drag into the world. The only way of getting them out there is to "place in world". At this point, I'm done trying to enjoy this. Thanks for responding, though. I do appreciate your attempt to help.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    It sounds like to me placing objects in this world is bugged and needs some tuning with a patch like the tent woohoo issue.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @catloverplayer there's a tent woohoo issue?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Yes if your on a community lot the woohoo interaction rarely shows but on your homework it works.

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Yes if your on a community lot the woohoo interaction rarely shows but on your homework it works.

You mean like if you put the tent down in the NP area or the hermit area?
    Oh Geez. I'm just now finding this out too. Sim has a woo hoo in tent aspiration but the option is not there. I can't believe this game pack. What is EA thinking? Why don't they fix this stuff? I'm upset that I spent 20.00 on what appears to be a very buggy, unfinished game pack.
  • Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    The issue seems to be that you can only move your camping things while on a proper lot... not outside of a lot, you know, where you might actually want to camp.

This wouldn't be as much of an issue if the game HAD a large forestey lot to actually camp on but who pitches a ten 5 feet from a cabin?
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    drowssap wrote: »

Maybe you are doing what I first did , trying to place the items outside of the actual campsite
    How do you determine what the actual campsite is? I choose to "visit campground" and enter a wide open area that doesn't seem to have a way of determining one campsite to the next. So what are the definitions/boundaries of a campsite within the entire campground? How do I assess this? Thank you!
  • Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    The "actual campsite" is within the lot boundries. If you click to build while there you can see it.
    When I bring my Sim to the campground, the build option is grayed out, unusable. I'm assuming the existing log chairs, campfire, etc. that are there when I arrive are within the campsite. There is no option to drag anything out from my inventory, only to "place in world". Ugh.
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    I've tried to get it working and it seems to be working now. I don't think it had anything to do with the area though. Because I've managed to drag the tent onto the same place it was put before. I guess it was a bug *shrugs*
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Walk over by the campfire and try dragging stuff from there. The campfire, log chairs, and horseshoe pit are indeed within the campsite so if you're standing next to them, you should be too.

Dragging stuff works fine for me. I've only used "place in world" once, to find out what people were complaining about.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I took a tent and a cooler to Sylvan Glades. Once they were placed I could not move them. My Sims could use them and I found out the shower works also but there is no toilet. I just went there to fish and filled all the motives I could and used the motive cheat when their bladders got too low. You can put the camping stuff in lots of places but you can't drag it unless you are on a lot. I can use the keyboard to tweak the position if need be.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I took a tent and a cooler to Sylvan Glades. Once they were placed I could not move them. My Sims could use them and I found out the shower works also but there is no toilet. I just went there to fish and filled all the motives I could and used the motive cheat when their bladders got too low. You can put the camping stuff in lots of places but you can't drag it unless you are on a lot. I can use the keyboard to tweak the position if need be.

Sounds like the sims need a porta-potty. ;)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    Ok-I have a problem with this too. Slightly different though.

First, I had my wife Sim go on vacation-alone. I wasn't able to move her items. Could only use the "Place in world option".
    She would place where I had her stand & I couldn't move.

Then, I had the husband go--alone--same issue.

Then I had her go again--it worked that time. I used "place in world" & could then "grab" & drag into position.

Lastly, I had him go again--alone again & it glitched again---I could not grab & drag.

This has to definitely be a bug--I really want to see this get fixed.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Not sure that you have a bug!

After I drag it out of inventory I use the keyboard to turn stuff. I only use "place in the world" when placing the camping stuff off of a lot like a public area. I use the < or > to turn the item. I use the arrows on the keyboard to move around the lot while grabbing an object.
  • Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Not sure that you have a bug!

After I drag it out of inventory I use the keyboard to turn stuff. I only use "place in the world" when placing the camping stuff off of a lot like a public area. I use the < or > to turn the item. I use the arrows on the keyboard to move around the lot while grabbing an object.

AnnLee87--thank you for responding. I will try that. Instead of placing in the world--I'll just try to grab & drag it onto my campsite, then the arrows to turn. I'll let you know if that works.