Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just bought The Sims 1!!

Comments

• hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Miki wrote: »

I mis-spoke. What I should have written was that I feel like one of the few (who still plays -- as opposed to those who may have bought the base, decided it wasn't for them and shelved it, never to Sim again) who has the base and only the base.

Of course the tutorial would be in all editions. I was happy with that until my time for gaming dried up then into the closet it all went.

I probably threw everyone off when I went on the tangent of reminiscing about when I first booted up that game and was greeted by that tutorial. Since I never played anything like it before, it did as intended, teach a player how to play.

Bob never impressed me as the "greatest Sim of all time" (must have been the beard) ^_^
    But he served his purpose.

Ah. I see. All is clear :) I had the first few given to me by my neighbor and brother, so I never had only the base game.

I do not have great love for the Newbies. I am a Goth girl myself :) Well....was. Until I met Matthew Hamming (Sims 3, Late Night, Bridgeport) XD
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    hihi122122 wrote: »
    Miki wrote: »

I mis-spoke. What I should have written was that I feel like one of the few (who still plays -- as opposed to those who may have bought the base, decided it wasn't for them and shelved it, never to Sim again) who has the base and only the base.

Of course the tutorial would be in all editions. I was happy with that until my time for gaming dried up then into the closet it all went.

I probably threw everyone off when I went on the tangent of reminiscing about when I first booted up that game and was greeted by that tutorial. Since I never played anything like it before, it did as intended, teach a player how to play.

Bob never impressed me as the "greatest Sim of all time" (must have been the beard) ^_^
    But he served his purpose.

Ah. I see. All is clear :) I had the first few given to me by my neighbor and brother, so I never had only the base game.

I do not have great love for the Newbies. I am a Goth girl myself :) Well....was. Until I met Matthew Hamming (Sims 3, Late Night, Bridgeport) XD

Thanks.. and I apologize.. sometimes i go in too many directions when I want to say something, "assuming" everyone automatically knows what's going on in my head!

Geez! Some people!!

^_^

The Goths were great in that one.. plus all the old graves and their ghosts. I prefer ghosts like that, you can't interact with them and they scare the jeepers out of the Sims.
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    The only cheat I know off the top of my head is rosebud. You guys know any good ones? For Sims 1.
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Sims 1 cheats:
    rosebud;!; (extra money. I don't know how much, but if you fill the cheat console with ;!;!; after the rosebud command, then replace the last character with @, it adds 500,000)

move_objects on -- allows you to move things in use and delete things, such as newspapers, bills, plates on tables, etc. Be careful, as you can also delete portals, your mailbox, etc., and really muck up your lot. You can also delete your sim, go to live mode, and click on their portraits. This maxes their motives. But watch out. You'll lose skillpoints that you've gained within a certain timespan.

There are other cheats, but I haven't been successful with getting them to work.
  • SkyePliskenSkyePlisken Posts: 33 Member
    Fluorescentsoap, did you ever get it to install? I hope so! Sims 1 was AMAZING. Makin' Magic is the best EP ever in the history of Sims.
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    hihi122122 wrote: »
    Sims 1 cheats:
    rosebud;!; (extra money. I don't know how much, but if you fill the cheat console with ;!;!; after the rosebud command, then replace the last character with @, it adds 500,000)

move_objects on -- allows you to move things in use and delete things, such as newspapers, bills, plates on tables, etc. Be careful, as you can also delete portals, your mailbox, etc., and really muck up your lot. You can also delete your sim, go to live mode, and click on their portraits. This maxes their motives. But watch out. You'll lose skillpoints that you've gained within a certain timespan.

There are other cheats, but I haven't been successful with getting them to work.

Yep so save prior you're using move_objects on to your Sims.

Another thing, you can also write rosebud ;!;! and add a typo like this ;!:!;!! you can keep pressing it indefinitely and you just keep on cashing that way.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    HI gayars,
    Here is a list of cheats for The Sims 1. If you would like give it a look over. Personally for me I do not use half of these cheats but thought it was interesting so I thought I would post this site here for all to check out. It is from IGN. I remember them from back in the day for Sims 2.
    http://www.ign.com/cheats/games/the-sims-1-pc-11754

Enjoy.
    Your Simmy friend
    Winterloc B)

FlourscentSoap,
    Did you get your new set of CD disks for sims 1? How did your install go? Is your game up and running?
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
    Thanks guys for the cheats! and I am @winterloc did you get your new discs @FlourescentSoap ?
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    Fluorescentsoap, did you ever get it to install? I hope so! Sims 1 was AMAZING. Makin' Magic is the best EP ever in the history of Sims.

Unforunately not :{ but I'm waiting for my second copy to arrive, and hopefully this one works. Everytime the postman comes I think THIS IS IT but nope it's a catalogue lol.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
    gayars wrote: »
    Thanks guys for the cheats! and I am @winterloc did you get your new discs @FlourescentSoap ?

still waiting lol.
    Hi Flourescent Soap,
    Hope you will not have to wait to much longer for your new disks. I too am on the waiting list now as I had to order House party separate cd to complete my EP collection. Here's hoping it comes real soon. :D
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    I love the S1, I used to own all the EPs back then but gave them away after S2 came, I came to regret it years later,
    but I was really thankful my uncle still kept his collection after all these years, so I can play it again.

Anyway I hope you get to play it soon, you're gonna enjoy it there's so much magic from the game that started it all. :)
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
    I can't wait, I'm not usually so impatient lol.
    winterloc wrote: »
    Hi Flourescent Soap,
    Hope you will not have to wait to much longer for your new disks. I too am on the waiting list now as I had to order House party separate cd to complete my EP collection. Here's hoping it comes real soon. :D
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)

I swear it's gonna come on the last possible day lol. Are you waiting for house party?
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    I love the S1, I used to own all the EPs back then but gave them away after S2 came, I came to regret it years later,
    but I was really thankful my uncle still kept his collection after all these years, so I can play it again.

Anyway I hope you get to play it soon, you're gonna enjoy it there's so much magic from the game that started it all. :)

Ahhh, that is very lucky! your uncle rocks.
  • pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    zorba2357 wrote: »
    This is why They REALLY really need to offer sims 1 Complete as a Digital Download!!!

If simcity2000 is offered (and free) then they can do this with sims 1.

*Presses agree button*

Super Agree!
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
    Just wanted to add, since the guy let you keep the old copy that didnt work but the first cd still works perhaps you should use it to run the game and keep the new copy (when you get it) just for installing? @fluorescentSoap
    Flourescent Soap,
    Yes I am waiting for House party. It has not shipped yet but is preparing to ship. :D
    Your Simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    This thread inspired me to get it myself. My family never owned all of the packs because my grandma said I owned too many games. (haha) Excited to play it now and to play my favorite pre made household, the Mashugas. It has been 10+ yrs since I last played TS1... wow
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    I always loved the empty house next to the Mashuga's. It's a ranch style modern white house, L shaped with a pool in the courtyard. I was just always in love with that house for some reason, and always find or create a family to move into it.
    edited January 2015
    zorba2357 wrote: »
    I always loved the empty house next to the Mashuga's. It's a ranch style modern white house, L shaped with a pool in the courtyard. I was just always in love with that house for some reason, and always find or create a family to move into it.

It sounds nice! :)
    UPDATE > I AM CURSED NOT TO PLAY THE SIMS 1. First order, the disc was broken, second order the disc hasn't turned up.. .. .. *sobs* third time lucky???
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Let's hope EA releases The Sims 1 Complete Edition on Origin.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    UPDATE > I AM CURSED NOT TO PLAY THE SIMS 1. First order, the disc was broken, second order the disc hasn't turned up.. .. .. *sobs* third time lucky???
    How much money have you spent?

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Let's hope EA releases The Sims 1 Complete Edition on Origin.

*fingers crossed*
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel