Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• vanilla11vanilla11 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi everyone!

I am kind of new to the forums even though I have been playing the Sims for a very long time. Today I plan on starting a new game in Bridgeport and having my Sim travel to the future because I haven't really played much with that expansion.

Quick question though, how do I post picture? If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it :) Thanks
  • Emma_ValentineEmma_Valentine Posts: 81 Member
    Welcome to the forums @Vanilla11 !! Do you want to know how to post a picture on this forum or a picture on any forum? If it is just this forum, then your answer is: According to forum rules you need to post more before you will be allowed to post links or pics. I believe you need to get to 30 posts.
    @emorrill I am so sorry about your saves!!! I would quite literally be crying. I become so dang attached to my little simmies. They quickly become my babies! I really hope it was just a fluke and you can possibly get everything back. I use a SSHD(Solid State Hard Drive) that I keep copies of all my saves on. I actually run the sims2 from that drive. I will eventually move the sims3 over to it but I have to be in the mood to do all that uninstalling and installing. :P
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm sorry for you @emorrill, first being happy to restore only to find everything corrupt! :s
    NymlADp.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Thanks @Emma_Valentine and @‌jillbg :)

I have started a new challenge called "The Single Father With 5 Kids" Challenge. I started playing last night and will post info and pics later.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill: Sounds fun!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I got into my game and though my town legacy challenge might be messed up only to find it could be fixed and seems to be working.I had to turn the cycle portraits button off so it's not always showing and only activate it when it's needed.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • ErinSimsErinSims Posts: 34 Member
    I continued my adoptacy challenge. Three of the seven children grew into teenagers. :)
  • vanilla11vanilla11 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Emma_Valentine said:
    > Welcome to the forums Vanilla11 !! Do you want to know how to post a picture on this forum or a picture on any forum? If it is just this forum, then your answer is: According to forum rules you need to post more before you will be allowed to post links or pics. I believe you need to get to 30 posts.

Thank you!
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I got into my game and though my town legacy challenge might be messed up only to find it could be fixed and seems to be working.I had to turn the cycle portraits button off so it's not always showing and only activate it when it's needed.

At least your stupid computer (or a REALLY bad game glitch) didn't erase all your saves... :'(

This girl has learned to BACKUP for sure now!
    ErinSims wrote: »
    I continued my adoptacy challenge. Three of the seven children grew into teenagers. :)

@ErinSims what are the details to that challenge? :)
    Hey everyone! Thanks for following this Topic :)

So my saved game (involving Parker Langerak and River McIrish) got erased from my computer for some strange reason and a super bummed me has decided to start a whole new game over (kind of have to...) and try a challenge.

I chose a pretty easy one to start out with. It's called the Single Father with 5 Kids Challenge. I found it on the threads on modthesims.info.
    *Basically, First you create a Father (not one with the "dislikes children" trait. It's not one of THOSE challenges). And create 5 kids: at least 2 teens, one kid and a toddler. The last one can be whatever you want. For example: I did 2 teens, 2 children and 1 toddler.
    To make things easier for me, I created a wife and was going to immediately kill her off right at the beginning of the game. Sounds terrible I know, but it would be fun to have her ghost roaming around their home during the story. ;)
    Second: You then move them into an empty lot or a 4 bedroom home (you CAN use Familyfunds to build them a NEW home or update the one you move them into). After that, use the familyfunds cheat again to have only 2,000 in the family bank account. After the funeral expenses the bank account got pretty dried up...
    Third: The father has to stay home and raise all 5 kids to adulthood OR until you get your first grandchild.

RULES
    Your father can only have a part-time job or he can be self employed
    Kids can be home schooled, but can't attend boarding school
    Teens can't have jobs! They need to focus on school
    NO CHEATS! (Except for Familyfunds in the very beginning)
    This challenge is to be set on the Normal Lifespan

So there is the challenge and the rules. I created my family using my favorite sim of all time to be the Father: Michael Holland. :) Glad I saved him to the Sim Bin. Here is his beginning story:
    (Which I wrote. ;) This didn't come with the challenge. It's kind of long but bear with me).

"When Michael Holland met Bronwyn Innaway as a young adult, he was so struck by her beauty that even though he was usually shy with approaching girls, he just HAD to approach her and introduce himself! Little did he know that Bronwyn thought he was pretty cute too, perhaps a little nerdy looking but nonetheless cute and she was actually wondering if he would approach her first.

The two hit it off quickly...which was such a surprise to them both! They never clicked with anyone else this way before. Soon they began to spend more and more time together and were falling in love. During this time, however, Michael learned that while Bronwyn seemed perfect in every way to him...she had an eating disorder that she had been struggling with since her teenage years. Michael always tried to find ways to help her with it and even encouraged her to get some help, which she did. It really seemed to help and her health was beginning to look good. She couldn't thank Michael enough for helping to encourage her.

In no time at all they were married and moved to Twinbrook into a small trailer where they started to begin their new life together. Because of Bronwyn's health and because it had kind of been a dream of his, Michael went to medical school in hopes of becoming a renowned doctor. Helping others is what he's always enjoyed. It was throughout medical school that they raised their first 3 children: Bailey, Derrick and Molly. Through those 8 years Bronwyn still struggled with her anorexia. It seemed that medications and therapy weren't working the way they used to, but she and Michael refused to give up hope and with a lot of help and support from friends and family they were able to keep moving forward with Bronwyn's health in an ok state. After graduating from Med school and entering into his own practice (and buying his family a new home ;) ) Bronwyn shared the news to Michael that she was pregnant again. While he was excited, he was also nervous how the pregnancy would go with her health. Monitoring her carefully, and Bronwyn doing her best to stay nourished so the baby could grow strong, she delivered Andrea a month early.

4 years later with Bronwyn's health going up and down, she surprisingly got pregnant again...a month before she and Michael decided that maybe it would be best to get her tubes tied because of her poor health and how high risk her last pregnancy was. Abortion was out of the question...so both of them were determined to BEAT her eating disorder for the life of their last child! Bronwyn got on a different pregnancy safe antidepressant, went to group psychotherapy, Nutritional counseling and had her health closely monitored as usual by her husband and her OB. For the first time in a while things were really looking up for her, she gained weight to a healthy weight and the baby was thriving. Her, Michael and the kids were very hopeful of their mom's condition.

Their son, Tristan, was born and life was full of excitement. A month after his birth, Bronwyn realized that her more serious than usual baby blues were not going away. She expressed to Michael that she worried she had postpartum depression. After watching her inability to be able to do things lately, he believed her...and began to start feeling depressed himself. What ELSE could go wrong with the love of his life?? This was not what SHE or the rest of their family needed! Bronwyn equally felt the same way, which made her fall even further into her dark pit of depression. She couldn't eat anymore...this time it was more than just the anorexia. While trying to get help and get on an increased dose of meds....nothing was helping poor Bronwyn anymore...

A month after Tristan's 2nd birthday, Michael woke up to go to work one morning and found that his dear sweet love, Bronwyn, had passed away in her sleep. In an instant, his world was turned upside down and his heart broken....the same thing happened with the children. For a long time Michael couldn't work...he had to see a therapist regularly and the kids were falling back in school. Family members helped when they could and after a year of misery, Michael finally felt he was able to work again. But...the demands of the job would not work with him having to take care of his family alone. With a heavy heart, he quit his practice and stayed home to raise the kids for a time until he found a part time job. Money was SO tight and this part-time job was a HUGE decrease in pay. Michael wondered how their family would survive? But he HAD to do what he could. He had to give it his all. And this is where his new life story begins.

What do you think? Pics to come in my next post. :)

I'm sure some of you have figured this out, but Bronwyn died of starvation. :(
    (Easiest way to cause a death in your sims story imo. With testingcheatsenabled true on you just slide their hunger bar down to the very bottom).
    I know, it's so sad. :( But it helped me come up with a good story for my Father sim and his family. Just sayin'....

Oh and I just want to add that being a depression sufferer myself (after having my child) Mental Illness is a very REAL medical condition and should be treated the same as someone with a chronic physical illness. I just want to raise awareness to that, not cause an argument.

Playing the Sims 3 has actually been very therapeutic for me during my down days, but I am on good meds, have a wonderful husband and daughter and I am doing just fine. :)

Thank you for reading my story and pics are coming!
    So sad! It's like a Disney movie. You start watching for fun then suddenly realize how very sad it all is.
    Alrighty, so here is the Holland's home in Twinbrook:
    Screenshot-32_zps08db96b6.jpg?t=1421453406
    This was the largest premade home I could find that was vacant to move them into. It's only a 3 bed, 4 bath.
    Here is the first floor after my additions:
    Screenshot-42_zps6987ef98.jpg?t=1421453408
    Here is the second floor with my additions:
    Screenshot-52_zpsc1fef7d1.jpg?t=1421453408

I need to try and get a family pic of them all together (don't have Season's anymore to get the greeting card pic...) but here are a couple of random ones:
    Screenshot-72_zps26237f32.jpg?t=1421453408
    Bailey and Andrea watching TV

Screenshot-6_zps35e2115f.jpg?t=1421453408
    Bailey jumping on the Trampoline with Derrick and Andrea in the background playing in the sandbox. Well, Derrick was more helping her build an awesome one that playing. ;)

Screenshot-93_zps17ca656d.jpg?t=1421453408
    Bronwyn's grave at the front of their house... :'(

Screenshot-11_zpse63a97d6.jpg?t=1421453408
    And here is Michael holding Tristan tight....hoping he can provide a good life for him and the rest of his siblings with their mother gone.

Screenshot-83_zps9a7cc2b2.jpg?t=1421453408

This is how far I got in the story. Do you think I should make a whole new thread of this? Or just keep it on here?
    So sad! It's like a Disney movie. You start watching for fun then suddenly realize how very sad it all is.
    I know. :( I don't like sad stories. I'm a happy person and like happy endings! :)
    But I had to do it this way (well, sorta ;) ) for the challenge.

Believe me, I'm gonna make this as happy an ending as possible!
    I started a new thread on my challenge story, so you can keep up with it here: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/810596/my-first-challenge-please-follow?new=1

PLEASE continue sharing your daily sims stories here!!! I will :)

Thanks everyone!
  • RealBitsyBambiRealBitsyBambi Posts: 111 Member
    My Sophie has been out husband hunting lol. Just kidding but I'm really hoping she'll settle down and have kids soon. I want it to happen naturally so I've added in a few eligible bachelors to my game. :)
    My Sophie has been out husband hunting lol. Just kidding but I'm really hoping she'll settle down and have kids soon. I want it to happen naturally so I've added in a few eligible bachelors to my game. :)

Nice ;)
    @emorrill: I love the sadness in the beginning of your story. Can't wait to see how this poor dad will manage...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @emorrill-That sounds like they've had a sad background. 16.gif
    I didn't get to play earlier though I wanted to because I wasn't feeling well.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited December 2017
    (Redundant and outdated)
    Post edited by Sorak4 on
    L9q8VGi.png
  • ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
    Hope you feel better @TadOlson‌ !

@emorrill‌ this is a great story so far! I definitely plan on following it on your other post.

As for my game, I was dealing with a few set backs with Holly. She had auditioned for a magician gig the day before she got pregnant, but when it came, couldn't perform because she is indeed pregnant ... so I wanted to see if she could transform into a werewolf one last time before giving up her powers, but due to "the life within" she could neither work nor transform into her werewolf form. She also doesn't have any skills, so she is virtually useless hahaha just kidding ... after giving up her powers on the full moon, she decide that she will spend her pregnancy collecting junk scraps and seeds, preparing the inventory for future generations of inventors or gardeners. Her OCD (from her being neat and neurotic) has kicked into over-gear due to the sudden changes in her life - marriage, baby, loss of ability to work and of her werewolf powers, so we are currently trying to find ways for her to cope.

As far as Abdul goes, he's been putting in hard work at home in his fortune teller career since getting married meant he wasn't allowed to actually go to work for a few days. He and Holly are madly in love and express these feelings quite regularly, but Adbul is starting to worry about Holly and her sanity. He feels somewhat bad for asking her to give up her identity for his love and is considering adopting a dog, in hopes that it will help her cope. In the meantime, life goes on and we prepare their house for new life and patiently wait to see whether their baby will be "normal" or .... special,
    ^^^Great stories everyone! Thanks @ACB44 :) I hope you and the others will enjoy the rest of the story. I posted more of the story with more pictures last night if you haven't seen them yet. ;)

More gameplay tonight! I just can't do it much during the day taking care of my toddler. ;)
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/810596/my-first-challenge-please-follow?new=1
    I love how in my game last night, 3 of the 4 toilets in the house broke LITERALLY one after the other!! It was kinda cool, but mostly ANNOYING! ;)

I need to Master Controller on my game again to make them unbreakable. Hee hee. ;) I mean, Michael IS Handy and he could upgrade them but that takes forever.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top