Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error 10048

Comments

• Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I was charged $1.30 twice with that error message. It eventually worked when I had to uninstall origin, delete all origin files off my PC and install the launcher again. It worked then. The $1.30 charges are only pre-authorisation charges and will be refunded after 6-8 days.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    @BekahBlitz are you living in Canada? the game cards are not on the Canadian site and the .com site is for USA only.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • BekahBlitzBekahBlitz Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2015
    @Frn0731‌ Nope, I'm in Ohio in the USA. What I did yesterday was looked at all of the places that the Sims were sold and checked their websites. Now I can't find the link to all of the stores but I'll keep looking.

I did find a 20% off discount code today, however. You have to be in US or Canada and it's only valid until tomorrow. The site to purchase from is greenmangaming.com and the promo code is PSNEDD-9OF09Q-P4S1MY. I hope my fellow simmers in other countries can find a solution!! This is beyond ridiculous and we should all be able to play if we have the funds. I don't understand why they're making it so difficult for some of us.

Also, I wanted to add if anyone wants to take the risk, I'll purchase it for you from GameStop or Greenmangaming if you can PayPal me the money! I can forward you the e-mail of sale and then the code to redeem it. I wish I had someone to vouch for me though as I know none of you know me. I just thought I'd offer anyway. It's sad that we have to resort to this. :(
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Don't make the mistake of following up on an existing call to EA - you need to create a new case for each contact.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• andersonanderson Posts: 4 New Member
    edited January 2015
    I feel like this week has been spent in live chat sessions with Anshul, Pramod Kumar and Mohit, and my patience is well and truly thin. At breaking point, in fact! (Sorry in advance for the essay)

On Monday evening at the back of 11 I received an e-mail through on my mobile from Origin, confirming a purchase. It was too late to contact my credit card's customer service line so I went on the Origin live chat to notify them. When I explained that someone had used my credit card and Origin account to buy some games (€149.98 to be exact!) they didn't seem very concerned or in any way apologetic . I was just told that I would be credited within the next 10 working days (I think my CC was actually clear after 48 hours.) I removed my PayPal (which is linked to my bank) at this point and went about making my account more secure, and my CC was getting cancelled the follow morning so I thought nothing else of it.

When S4OR was released a few days later I thought I'd just stick it on PayPal. As soon as the #10048 error came up I thought "Great! My account has been suspended/frozen now." Went back onto live chat to see if that was in fact the issue and my browser closed down when I thought I was maybe getting somewhere. I managed to get back on, explain to someone else that I'd just been cut off and gave them my previous case #. I patiently waited umpteen times while they checked details and chatted with the team, and when I was in the middle of typing a response to being told the issue was with my bank and I would have to sort it out with them, I was cut off AFTER I sent my message. Reopened the case, the same member of staff's name appeared as the advisor and then cut me off again, sending me over to someone else. Let's just say I got nowhere with that, either. I was told the same as previously mentioned about it being an issue with my bank, and blah blah blah, "okay we good?" There was absolutely no mention about my account being blocked after a hack, even though I asked on EVERY chat session if that might be the problem.

And breath!

Inb4 any TL;DR - Long story short: I've also been hacked, I've also wasted my time on live chat and I'm also no further to having the #10048 issue resolved.
    anderson wrote: »
    I feel like this week has been spent in live chat sessions with Anshul, Pramod Kumar and Mohit, and my patience is well and truly thin. At breaking point, in fact! (Sorry in advance for the essay)

On Monday evening at the back of 11 I received an e-mail through on my mobile from Origin, confirming a purchase. It was too late to contact my credit card's customer service line so I went on the Origin live chat to notify them. When I explained that someone had used my credit card and Origin account to buy some games (€149.98 to be exact!) they didn't seem very concerned or in any way apologetic . I was just told that I would be credited within the next 10 working days (I think my CC was actually clear after 48 hours.) I removed my PayPal (which is linked to my bank) at this point and went about making my account more secure, and my CC was getting cancelled the follow morning so I thought nothing else of it.

When S4OR was released a few days later I thought I'd just stick it on PayPal. As soon as the #10048 error came up I thought "Great! My account has been suspended/frozen now." Went back onto live chat to see if that was in fact the issue and my browser closed down when I thought I was maybe getting somewhere. I managed to get back on, explain to someone else that I'd just been cut off and gave them my previous case #. I patiently waited umpteen times while they checked details and chatted with the team, and when I was in the middle of typing a response to being told the issue was with my bank and I would have to sort it out with them, I was cut off AFTER I sent my message. Reopened the case, the same member of staff's name appeared as the advisor and then cut me off again, sending me over to someone else. Let's just say I got nowhere with that, either. I was told the same as previously mentioned about it being an issue with my bank, and blah blah blah, "okay we good?" There was absolutely no mention about my account being blocked after a hack, even though I asked on EVERY chat session if that might be the problem.

And breath!

Inb4 any TL;DR - Long story short: I've also been hacked, I've also wasted my time on live chat and I'm also no further to having the #10048 issue resolved.

This doesn't bode well for the rest of us who are having the same problem. Why can't we just go to a store and hand over our money the old fashioned way. *sigh

Laugh out loud. Often
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I sill have yet to have gotten a response to my support ticket I put in one Tuesday from Origin. Yes, I checked my spam folder.

It is starting to look like there is connection from those of us who are having issues and getting hacked. I have yet to have seen a post from someone stating that there account didn't have failed or unauthorized transactions.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    It is now over 48 hours since I initially contacted EA/Origin and I am still without the ability to buy anything on Origin. They said the block on my account would be lifted "soon". I asked how long soon was and they couldn't tell me. All they said is that it has been updated to High Priority.

Unfortunately here in Australia, we can't get EA Cash Cards or Sims 4 Cash Cards so we have no other way to get the game pack.

• altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member

And breath!

A lot of us are going through the same thing just now. Like you I've spoken to them a few time, and it's the inconsistency of the information that's so annoying. At first I was told 24 hours to unlock, then 48 hours, although that advisor Shane did say that I should leave trying to access my account for a few days as it can take longer, he also said that if we access our accounts while they are locked this will add to the time it takes for them to unlock. So I'm not sure if accessing an account while locked resets the time it takes to unlock, if this is the case this is information we need to be given at the outset of any enquiry.

He also sent me a list of alternative payment methods that can be used if you are outside the US and don't have access to EA Cash Cards, as I know that after having my account hacked I won't be using Debit/Credit or Paypal. Here's the list:

WALLIE
    PAYSAFE
    GIROPAY
    KONBIN
    SOFORT
    SKRILL
    BOKU
    WEBMONEY
    BOACOMPRA
    BOLETO
    BANCARIO
    UKASH
    YANDEX
    SPONSORPAY
    DEPOSITO
    IDEAL
    CASHU
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    altad1 wrote: »

And breath!

A lot of us are going through the same thing just now. Like you I've spoken to them a few time, and it's the inconsistency of the information that's so annoying. At first I was told 24 hours to unlock, then 48 hours, although that advisor Shane did say that I should leave trying to access my account for a few days as it can take longer, he also said that if we access our accounts while they are locked this will add to the time it takes for them to unlock. So I'm not sure if accessing an account while locked resets the time it takes to unlock, if this is the case this is information we need to be given at the outset of any enquiry.

He also sent me a list of alternative payment methods that can be used if you are outside the US and don't have access to EA Cash Cards, as I know that after having my account hacked I won't be using Debit/Credit or Paypal. Here's the list:

WALLIE
    PAYSAFE
    GIROPAY
    KONBIN
    SOFORT
    SKRILL
    BOKU
    WEBMONEY
    BOACOMPRA
    BOLETO
    BANCARIO
    UKASH
    YANDEX
    SPONSORPAY
    DEPOSITO
    IDEAL
    CASHU

Wow, what a mess. I am in Australia, and I have never heard of any of those listed companies. When I decide to get this pack I am hoping PayPal works for me. Hope they get this sorted for everyone ASAP, it's like they don't want your money.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • iskender299iskender299 Posts: 35 Member
    I had ERROR 10048 when i bought TS4 ( 1st of january ).
    Is an bank error because Origin is recognised as "unautorised transaction" by the bank and card company.
    I contacted EA Help and they say to contact the bank because isn't their fault.

Later, i pay with paypal and no errors.
  • makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    I was told (two days ago) that I'd get an email following up my issue within two hours. As of yet I haven't gotten anything, and I also checked my spam folders. While the EA cash card thing did work for me I find that absolutely atrocious. I'm very unhappy about having to go through such an obviously unsafe, constantly hacked and unreliable service as origin.
  • jessica645739jessica645739 Posts: 45 Member
    edited January 2015
    @BekahBlitz can you help me please. I'm so desperate.
    > @BekahBlitz said:
    > Frn0731‌ Nope, I'm in Ohio in the USA. What I did yesterday was looked at all of the places that the Sims were sold and checked their websites. Now I can't find the link to all of the stores but I'll keep looking.
    >
    > I did find a 20% off discount code today, however. You have to be in US or Canada and it's only valid until tomorrow. The site to purchase from is greenmangaming.com and the promo code is PSNEDD-9OF09Q-P4S1MY. I hope my fellow simmers in other countries can find a solution!! This is beyond ridiculous and we should all be able to play if we have the funds. I don't understand why they're making it so difficult for some of us.
    >
    > Also, I wanted to add if anyone wants to take the risk, I'll purchase it for you from GameStop or Greenmangaming if you can PayPal me the money! I can forward you the e-mail of sale and then the code to redeem it. I wish I had someone to vouch for me though as I know none of you know me. I just thought I'd offer anyway. It's sad that we have to resort to this. :(

I just purchase it on greenman gaming. I entered the code on origin but the download does not appear. Can you help me?
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Alexqwq wrote: »
    I had ERROR 10048 when i bought TS4 ( 1st of january ).
    Is an bank error because Origin is recognised as "unautorised transaction" by the bank and card company.
    I contacted EA Help and they say to contact the bank because isn't their fault.

Later, i pay with paypal and no errors.

If this many people are having the same issue then it isn't a bank issue, it is a site issue. Multiple banks are NOT going to have the very same issue. They just have no clue to what is causing the problem or how to fix it.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    It's not a bank issue as i tried my credit card , my husbands paypal account and my daughter tried to use her credit card. It is my Origin account where the problem lies.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • jmbhkc121284jmbhkc121284 Posts: 54 Member
    i have the same problem too. its an origin issue. i couldnt even reenter my card info when i deleted it. the money is there no problem.
    ~Holz

"I'm a Psychic, not a Saint."
    Try with BekahBlitz site: greenmangaming. It worked for me :D
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    > @BekahBlitz said:
    > Frn0731‌ Nope, I'm in Ohio in the USA. What I did yesterday was looked at all of the places that the Sims were sold and checked their websites. Now I can't find the link to all of the stores but I'll keep looking.
    >
    > I did find a 20% off discount code today, however. You have to be in US or Canada and it's only valid until tomorrow. The site to purchase from is greenmangaming.com and the promo code is PSNEDD-9OF09Q-P4S1MY. I hope my fellow simmers in other countries can find a solution!! This is beyond ridiculous and we should all be able to play if we have the funds. I don't understand why they're making it so difficult for some of us.
    >
    > Also, I wanted to add if anyone wants to take the risk, I'll purchase it for you from GameStop or Greenmangaming if you can PayPal me the money! I can forward you the e-mail of sale and then the code to redeem it. I wish I had someone to vouch for me though as I know none of you know me. I just thought I'd offer anyway. It's sad that we have to resort to this. :(

I just purchase it on greenman gaming. I entered the code on origin but the download does not appear. Can you help me?

Check here: My Games > right-click The Sims 4 > View Game Details
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • HechiceraSimHechiceraSim Posts: 35 Member
    I am sure it is not a bank issue either, as one card I check and verified. The other had never been used with Origin. But if indeed banks are blocking Origin out of hand for all cards, that is an even larger vote of no confidence in that platform. Seeing in this thread about past failed purchased you did not make possibly being the problem, I looked. Around XMas:

Someone tried to buy FIFA, my card was not charged, it failed. My account was not locked. I was not contacted.
    Then I bought ME1 on special using the card I verified.
    Then there were two more failed FIFA tries, my card was not charged. I was not contacted.
    Sometime after this the account was locked.

I was NOT notified by EA on any of the failed purchases, nor was my cards automatic protections triggered. There is a reason I use just this one card for my online purchases! I find this lack of notification very disturbing, especially since I was actively using the account both playing and buying during the period. All my contact information was still valid. That lack of contact of a breach may even be in violation of some specific state laws too. After I saw the bad purchases I did do the usual account securing steps.

I too spend time with CS. The second first line person was actually fairly helpful, and did indicate it was an account issue that was above her level. The people at the level to fix it though on follow up gave me the same 48 hour lock thing, based on all my "failed" Sims 4 Xpac purchases, the vast majority that were made at their request on the phone with them! In each contact I verified my identity.

This situation affects not only this XPac but also me getting DA:I via Origin. If it were any name besides one as known as EA I would assume the worst about using a platform that does not notify you of breaches, and can not rectify that situation once you notify them. If I can not purchase in 48 hours as directed I'm giving them one chance to fix it on the spot. If not, I will see if my origin account can be closed. To me the issue isn't so much missing out on getting an XPac right at release but the rather unnerving security issues associated with the platform that this problem has exposed. EA let me continue to use a known compromised account, with my personal information exposed without notifying me. I have a problem with that.
    edited January 2015
    @luthienrising I tried that out and I got a message that my card could not be verified.
    The funny thing is that the price dropped down to $14.99 from $19.99.
    To clarify I didn't buy a card I just noticed the difference in price
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • kipperfan01kipperfan01 Posts: 152 Member
    I finally have it, I got it from that site Bekah posted. You can use prepaid credit cards too.
    I am sure it is not a bank issue either, as one card I check and verified. The other had never been used with Origin. But if indeed banks are blocking Origin out of hand for all cards, that is an even larger vote of no confidence in that platform. Seeing in this thread about past failed purchased you did not make possibly being the problem, I looked. Around XMas:

Someone tried to buy FIFA, my card was not charged, it failed. My account was not locked. I was not contacted.
    Then I bought ME1 on special using the card I verified.
    Then there were two more failed FIFA tries, my card was not charged. I was not contacted.
    Sometime after this the account was locked.

I was NOT notified by EA on any of the failed purchases, nor was my cards automatic protections triggered. There is a reason I use just this one card for my online purchases! I find this lack of notification very disturbing, especially since I was actively using the account both playing and buying during the period. All my contact information was still valid. That lack of contact of a breach may even be in violation of some specific state laws too. After I saw the bad purchases I did do the usual account securing steps.

I too spend time with CS. The second first line person was actually fairly helpful, and did indicate it was an account issue that was above her level. The people at the level to fix it though on follow up gave me the same 48 hour lock thing, based on all my "failed" Sims 4 Xpac purchases, the vast majority that were made at their request on the phone with them! In each contact I verified my identity.

This situation affects not only this XPac but also me getting DA:I via Origin. If it were any name besides one as known as EA I would assume the worst about using a platform that does not notify you of breaches, and can not rectify that situation once you notify them. If I can not purchase in 48 hours as directed I'm giving them one chance to fix it on the spot. If not, I will see if my origin account can be closed. To me the issue isn't so much missing out on getting an XPac right at release but the rather unnerving security issues associated with the platform that this problem has exposed. EA let me continue to use a known compromised account, with my personal information exposed without notifying me. I have a problem with that.

This is exactly the same as what has happened to me. Originally I didn't know my account had been hacked. It was only after others on this thread had said they checked their purchase history and saw that someone had tried to purchase FIFA on their account. That was when I started to do my own investigating on my account and saw that someone had tried to purchase it on my account ~ which they had.

At no time since mid December when the breach happened, have EA contacted me to advise. I made this point to the third person I have spoken to at EA. I am thinking that as my PSN is linked to my Origin account, that may have had something to do with the hacked as PSN had issues around that time. I am in the process of creating a new EA/Origin account to transfer my PSN to as we are unable to unlink our PSNID from our Origin accounts (something I confirmed yesterday).

I advised the consultant that this whole issue has not instilled any confidence in their ability to ensure this doesn't happen or their ability to fix our issue.

• HechiceraSimHechiceraSim Posts: 35 Member
    edited January 2015
    I do not have a PSNID. So what ever the breach was on my account, and it may have been two separate ones, it wasn't via that route.
  • mikeedudemikeedude Posts: 21 New Member
    It was Origin itself that was hacked, I only found out through a gaming forum I was browsing. I checked my history and 2 attempts were made over xmas(fifa 15).
    It would have been nice to have been notified about the breach of security especially after they knew, and my account was still being used by me.

I think the worse thing is then to not inform anyone that they blocked all the people who were hacked. For some people to only find out a month later when trying to purchase something is very poor customer relations.
    What really made me unhappy is when I ring CS and they try to tell me its my bank...really!

It's only through people posting here that I could put all the pieces together and ring back CS to ask directly about them blocking the account that they said yes they knew my account had been 'compromised' and that no they didn't think to send me an email to change passwords or card details.

I am glad that most people here manged to get around the difficulties and can get on and enjoy the game itself.