Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• RedlawRedlaw Posts: 84 Member
    I have yet to play a family I wamted to reproduce having fun with single sims latelt (got a bunch of ep so I am adjusting).

My current one is a Dark Elf singer that has a stage name of Blackwidow. Today she spent most of my game time doing sing a grams. That and playing for tips till shes fatigued (I did not know that could happen). This is my 2nd singer, sooo I might make her LTW this game. Winter normal is hard on these types of jobs....
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    ACB44 wrote: »
    Before giving that part of herself up though, Abdul decided he wanted to see if WooHooing with a werewolf was anything special, but wanted to keep it somewhat clean by doing it in the shower... it'd be interesting to see if our first Legacy kid turns out normal or rather... hairy. But only time will tell and if so, it will be the only natural born supernatural as Holly plans on becoming completely normal for the love of her life the next time I start playing.

Ooo! I am anxious to find out! Please post pictures of the baby if you want. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got a link to my BLOG where the town legacy challenge rules can be found and there's a story based on that challenge though the link is to my home blog.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    It's freezing where I live so......my Sim moved to Isla Paradiso and became a mermaid. I keep making her get a tan and bask in the sun so I can live vicariously through her and wish it was warm here, lol.

Actually, right now I'm also trying to figure out why my NRAAS mod isn't stopping the nonstop moving in of homeless service Sims. Right now I have 94 service sims in my game and in my mind that is at least 70 too many.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited January 2015
    Great pics and funny stories! :D
    I have posted Part 2 - Chapter 6 of my Grey Witches Legacy:
    Taïga is home from APYR (Appaloosa Plains Youth Ranch) for Christmas, and she's visited by her mother's ghost. Is Shasta really dead? Was she killed? If so, who killed her? (see Part1- Chapter54 "The Sacrifice")
    thegreywitches-part02-06-15.jpg
    Are Granny's powers vanishing - or disappearing?
    thegreywitches-part02-06-21.jpg
    Is Taïga ready to meet her boyfriend Loki's parents?
    thegreywitches-part02-06-56.jpg
    Can she stop thinking about Derek with BFF Linn ranting about him all the time?
    thegreywitches-part02-06-41.jpg
    And what are her half brother Rowan and Peaches up to? Why do they need Täïga's help?
    thegreywitches-part02-06-34.jpg
    Questions, questions... The link to the whole story is in my signature (or here:https://greywitches.wordpress.com/)
    I hope you'll enjoy reading about Taïga and her friends!

NymlADp.jpg
    ^^Oooo! Sounds intriguing ;) I wish I had a lot more time to read everyone's sims stories!! Thank you for sharing!
    @emorrill, there sure are a lot of stories circulating! I'm happy to have almost 6,000 visits on my blog and you're welcome to have a peek whenever you feel up to it - and have the time! :D
    NymlADp.jpg
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED!!!!!

I went back in to play my game and all my Save files were GONE!!! I quit and went back in to see if I could restore a backup save...ALL OF THEM WERE GONE, EVEN THE BACKUPS!!

WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?!?

I think I may have known what happened...I left the Sims running the other night and the computer did an automatic restart because of new updates and of course my game got closed...Ugh. That can be the ONLY explanation for this!

I'm so sad...and frustrated. :( I had a lot of awesome things going on in my game and.....:( :(:(

I guess it's back to square one. I can't dwell on it or I will go crazy.

:'-(
    edited January 2015
    It's freezing where I live so......my Sim moved to Isla Paradiso and became a mermaid. I keep making her get a tan and bask in the sun so I can live vicariously through her and wish it was warm here, lol.

Actually, right now I'm also trying to figure out why my NRAAS mod isn't stopping the nonstop moving in of homeless service Sims. Right now I have 94 service sims in my game and in my mind that is at least 70 too many.

@LokiSimsies: I'm doing the exact opposite! I live in one of the hottest places on earth - winter (December-January) is +77°F (+25°C) at night and people here are freezing! In summer we usually have around +97°F (+36°C) at night and +130°F (+54°C). So I usually play winter! 6 months more to go, and I'll be back in Europe again... Can't wait to have real seasons again!

I think @igazor might help you with your Nraas mod problem (Storyprogression?) He's really helpful! :)

NymlADp.jpg
    Poor @emorrill! Have you lost all you sims too? Gosh... :#
    NymlADp.jpg
    jillbg wrote: »
    Poor @emorrill! Have you lost all you sims too? Gosh... :#

Yes, I did :(

Thankfully I saved a few of the ones I created to my Sim Bin but yeah...I am so sad!!
    **Lesson learned**

Never leave your sims game running at night and

Backup your saves more often!!!
    @emorrill: True. There's always a lesson to be learned! :\
    NymlADp.jpg
    @jillbg I guess it gives me a reason to start on some of those challenges floating around out there. ;)
  • ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
    @jillbg‌ your legacy sounds awesome, I'll definitely have to check it out when I get the time!!

Awe @emorrill !!!! I'm so sorry about your game ... your sims have my condolences! But yes, it is great that you plan on starting some new challenges... let us know which one(s) you choose!!
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED!!!!!

I went back in to play my game and all my Save files were GONE!!! I quit and went back in to see if I could restore a backup save...ALL OF THEM WERE GONE, EVEN THE BACKUPS!!

WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?!?

I think I may have known what happened...I left the Sims running the other night and the computer did an automatic restart because of new updates and of course my game got closed...Ugh. That can be the ONLY explanation for this!

I'm so sad...and frustrated. :( I had a lot of awesome things going on in my game and.....:( :(:(

I guess it's back to square one. I can't dwell on it or I will go crazy.

:'-(

Actually, that's still strange. The game should've simply shut off. None of your save files should've been destroyed. It sounds more like your computer did a system restore.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

Actually, that's still strange. The game should've simply shut off. None of your save files should've been destroyed. It sounds more like your computer did a system restore.

It must have. I can't believe this happened...
    @igazor Do you have any thoughts on what might have happened?

I may just do my own Legacy challenge where I take one Sim, start them off with nothing and build up their home, get married, have kids and all that jazz. I will actually play with Aging On for once. ;)

THIS Challenge looks CRAZY!!! I may try it:

The Poor Parenthood Challenge
    GOAL:
    To raise all seven kids to young adult without them dying ........

Your a lone mother/father who has to raise 7 children (when you start off the challenge, they should be toddlers) by yourself, i know seems crazy right? Crying,screaming,crapping? You work all day to provide for them and your babysitter bill's are through the roof, 75 simoleons a day?! You must be insane to pay that. But they're worth it though.

RULES:
    CAS:
    You must make your mother or father! you cant have both!
    You must make/use 7 pre-made toddlers, that means you will have a maximum amount of fam members - according to the sims.
    When you make said sims, you must randomize there traits, and what ever is generated are the ones you'll use - like it or not!
    BUY/BUILD:
    You must buy a home UNFURNISHED! or even better, BUY AN EMPTY LOT, make it harder for you - if your up for a harder challenge.
    Focus more on the children, they all must have beds! if you cant afford one,tough, you must simply nap on the sofa (if you can afford one) or just pass out!
    When you get 10k simoleons, start upgrading your home, get your children better beds? Once again you must focus on the children!

RULES IN GENERAL;
    You are not aloud to go out in the day/night to meet friends, remember these kids are your priority
    The only time you can go out is to build you career performance (gym n shiet)
    You cant hire a maid, if you did - well you'd have a clean house and the kids'd be looked after. You must clean yourself without help
    No vacations for you or the child sims.
    You cannot enter a relationship with any sim. not even a friendship.
    You can leave the house to gather crap, y'know make a lil' bit of cash on the side...
    You have a curfew too - even though your an adult - you must be in by 10pm. what you do at home then is up to you!

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Even if a System Restore were to have taken place, that should have only affected operating system files. Not data--which is what saved games are. That would be like Word documents and spreadsheets suddenly deciding to disappear en masse.

I have heard of players losing entire collections of saved games like this, but other than overly zealous anti-virus/security systems (which would end up trashed if they ever dared to do this to me), I cannot for the life of me figure out what could cause that to happen.

I don't suppose doing a search by file name turns up anything interesting?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited January 2015
    igazor wrote: »
    Even if a System Restore were to have taken place, that should have only affected operating system files. Not data--which is what saved games are. That would be like Word documents and spreadsheets suddenly deciding to disappear en masse.

Actually, my system restore does just that. If I don't back all my files up, it will erase everything. I'll still have the programs there, but any files that weren't there after the date I set it will be gone.

Emorrill, you should see about getting yourself a flash drive where you can back up your game. I have one with enough space for 2, 3, and 4, and every night after I finish playing, I copy the saves over.

I have heard of players losing entire collections of saved games like this, but other than overly zealous anti-virus/security systems (which would end up trashed if they ever dared to do this to me), I cannot for the life of me figure out what could cause that to happen.

I don't suppose doing a search by file name turns up anything interesting?

Nope. Nothing :(
    I have Norton Antivirus and have had ZERO problems with it. I'm just in shock and have no clue how this happened??
    Thanks anyway

Actually, my system restore does just that. If I don't back all my files up, it will erase everything. I'll still have the programs there, but any files that weren't there after the date I set it will be gone.

Emorrill, you should see about getting yourself a flash drive where you can back up your game. I have one with enough space for 2, 3, and 4, and every night after I finish playing, I copy the saves over.

Mine must be the same as yours but I've had this computer since the Sims 3 came out and this has never happened. I'm guessing it happened because I left my game running in the background when it decided to do it...
    Thanks for the advice! :) I will have to do that!
    edited January 2015
    Oooo! I just figured out how to RESTORE EVERYTHING from the last System Restore point!! It looks like my save files are BACK!! WOO HOO!!! :D
    Thank you @sweetiekaye and @igazor for getting me thinking. SweetieKaye You can also disable the System Restore from your control panel. Look it up online, it will show you the steps on how to do it. Do you have Windows 7? That's what I have.

Oh glorious evening! I am SO happy! :D No to go check it out in my game... ;)
    Lol! I probably should've done that first before posting!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @emorrill - Well, that's good news!

This isn't going to be much help I suppose, but the first few times I worked on users' computers with System Restore in place many years ago when it was new, I found cleverly crafted malware that kept coming back hiding in their Restore Points. I have since never allowed it to be in place on any Windows machine in my control. For personal use, other than TS3, I use Macs though.

Not entirely sure I would recommend every Windows user keep it turned off as it can be helpful at times. But I certainly don't trust it. And I would never allow a home system to auto-update if that's what triggered all of this. Don't mind being notified of impending updates (Patch Tuesday just came and went), but I get to decide when to update, not MS or Apple. Again though, every user's patterns are different.

But on any system there is no substitute for regularly made backups. I could stand to lose say a week's worth of gameplay if something went horribly wrong, but all of it? No way. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited January 2015
    Yes, mine is off. And I have Windows 8. My system restore does nothing unless I trigger it.

This isn't going to be much help I suppose, but the first few times I worked on users' computers with System Restore in place many years ago when it was new, I found cleverly crafted malware that kept coming back hiding in their Restore Points. I have since never allowed it to be in place on any Windows machine in my control. For personal use, other than TS3, I use Macs though.

Not entirely sure I would recommend every Windows user keep it turned off as it can be helpful at times. But I certainly don't trust it. And I would never allow a home system to auto-update if that's what triggered all of this. Don't mind being notified of impending updates (Patch Tuesday just came and went), but I get to decide when to update, not MS or Apple. Again though, every user's patterns are different.

But on any system there is no substitute for regularly made backups. I could stand to lose say a week's worth of gameplay if something went horribly wrong, but all of it? No way. :)

^^True!!!
    Well, I went into the game and the save files have been corrupted... :'(
    Guess I just have to start over...
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    emorrill wrote: »

^^True!!!
    Well, I went into the game and the save files have been corrupted... :'(
    Guess I just have to start over...

Next time something odd happens, go into your control panel and then follow this path.

Administrative tools --> Event viewer --> Windows logs ---> start with application and then check security and system.

I often use this when troubleshooting (all my fancy computer degrees come in handy sometimes). You can see what program did this and why it happened. It seems odd that files would be deleted. So, I'd be curious to see what caused it. Since you did a system restore, I'm not sure the data is still there but it might be.

You will be looking for warnings and errors. If you copy/paste the event ID into Google, you will get some hits back and can narrow down the cause. Sometimes the description will tell you by clicking on general and details. However, I like to fix whatever caused the error so I will google to find out what it is and if I need to kick a program to the curb and off my computer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top