Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

100's of bald sims that had CC hair when downloaded from the gallery

I hate using the gallery now for this :\

Its a shame. I wish the creators had left information to find the missing hair styles used as there's hundreds ending up like this lol
Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

Its a shame. I wish the creators had left information to find the missing hair styles used as there's hundreds ending up like this lol

Again, the gallery is done wrong. It should strip the CC at UPLOAD not DOWNLOAD, so that the uploader is forced to see how it looks to others.

Also, people who upload CC without using the hastag #CC should get banned for life. And people who upload CC and use the #NoCC tag should be banned for life AND their computers and smartphones burned in public while they are locked in stocks.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • WhoDatWhoDatWhoDatWhoDat Posts: 118 Member
    edited November 2014
    Moments like that make me wish The Gallery had the same principles as The Exchange on The Sims 3. :disappointed:
  • RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    If it's *just* the hair - it isn't so bad... but when it's like the hair, skin, shirts, pants, etc. and you end up with something you can't even fill in the gaps and have it look remotely like you thought it was going to.... complete waste.

• ktkat427ktkat427 Posts: 144 Member
    I don't really mind because I don't like using CC except for clothes that look like they could belong in the game. I like the EA skins for the Sims 4 too so I don't really mind this. But I do upload Sims onto the Gallery without citing my CC because who can remember that on command?
    2f069hu.jpg
  • WhoDatWhoDatWhoDatWhoDat Posts: 118 Member
    edited November 2014
    I swear to God when I first started the game I thought I would get the CC with it like in The Exchange, but one of the Sims I have downloaded from The Gallery looked like an albino alien.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

Again, the gallery is done wrong. It should strip the CC at UPLOAD not DOWNLOAD, so that the uploader is forced to see how it looks to others.

Also, people who upload CC without using the hastag #CC should get banned for life. And people who upload CC and use the #NoCC tag should be banned for life AND their computers and smartphones burned in public while they are locked in stocks.

Hi Beardedgeek :)

One of the the best things to me about the sims is custom content and modification and some sims players:)

simmers have been creating things since the sims one, and the sims 3, especially was a nightmare without mods :\

I think the person who downloaded should be able to know what's on the creation though :)

Moments like that make me wish The Gallery had the same principles as The Exchange on The Sims 3. :disappointed:

Hi "WhoDatWhoDat :)

I now see what you mean :\

RacerX780 wrote: »
    If it's *just* the hair - it isn't so bad... but when it's like the hair, skin, shirts, pants, etc. and you end up with something you can't even fill in the gaps and have it look remotely like you thought it was going to.... complete waste.

Hi RacerX780 :)

At times yes, but not when you downloaded something for the item that's missing!

As I said to the first poster, I think the person who downloaded should know what's included before downloading and also what's not!

I swear to God when I first started the game I thought I would get the CC with it like in The Exchange, but one of the Sims I have downloaded from The Gallery looked like an albino alien.

Lol so true :D

I notice that some sims look nothing like what's meant to look like :\

I hate the base games hair on my sims :\

• Oldscotty44Oldscotty44 Posts: 7 New Member
    i wish that when we downloaded the sim or whatever content from the gallery it automatically downloaded the attached CC, because yes I'm having the same problem, the only reason I downloaded a few of the sims were for their hair or clothes and when they finished all were bald and in their undies. Such a disappointment!
  • Oldscotty44Oldscotty44 Posts: 7 New Member
    Makes downloading from the Gallery pointless in my opinion!
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I agree. I see great characters to download but they look ridiculous without skin color or hair when I get them in my game so I just delete them. But I guess they do it this way cause some people steal other people's creations and call them their own or maybe pay sites got angry cause people would post their stuff or people are just too lazy to give credit.
  • AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    Oh wow! That's crazy! Isn't there an option to download the CC too? I mean sure who'd what to be forced to download stuff you don't know, but then your sims won't look so bad.
    Same goes for homes with CC, the walls are stripped and furniture is gone.
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member

Hi Beardedgeek :)

One of the the best things to me about the sims is custom content and modification and some sims players:)

simmers have been creating things since the sims one, and the sims 3, especially was a nightmare without mods :\

I think the person who downloaded should be able to know what's on the creation though :)

I never used CC in the sims 3. I used a ton of it in the sims 2. Now, I'm starting to use CC again in the sims 4. I've had experience downloading bad cc that ends up looking terrible once it's in the game. I just delete that CC. I wish the gallery was like the exchange and that CC came included with the downloads.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    I totally agree...it feels like at least 60% of the sims in the gallery are packed with CC...tons of CC.

The best part is: if you download one of these sims you don't get what you see...mostly you get a truly ugly sim.
    Cause that's what most of these sims without CC are...ugly as hell. (sry...for sure it's a matter of taste)

Don't get me wrong, it's not a problem to have your downloaded sim suddenly without any hair or eyebrows etc.
    You can just give them Maxis hair or eyebrows.
    But after doing so, you mostly realize that you downloaded an ugly and not very well down sim.

A sim that only looks good, using a ton of CC, isn't worth any downloads at all...that's just my opinion.
    But if you aren't able to create a good looking sim, you only have to put tons of CC on it and people will love it.

And I really don't want to download 100s of different CC for each new sim I am downloading.
    This is why I only upload and download sims using no CC.

Well...to each his own...but not giving any links to download the CC used, is what really makes the gallery kinda worthless.
    You don't get what you see anyway...