Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something we need.

2...Next

Comments

• natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    They can't give you a blank world.....how would you put in those wonderful loading screens yourself :p Apparently any more then 5 lots and your computer will explode.

Apparently :eye roll: Gosh, the world set up in this poo game is really bad, it makes me mad. Especially the plum backgrounds! They look so fake. I have to make myself play just to play, which sucks!

I am actually installing Sims 2 at this very moment!

sims 2 is much better then any other sims game, its just fact.

I agree, that game will always be the best Sims game. Point blank.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited January 2015
    They can't give you a blank world.....how would you put in those wonderful loading screens yourself :p Apparently any more then 5 lots and your computer will explode.

Apparently :eye roll: Gosh, the world set up in this poo game is really bad, it makes me mad. Especially the plum backgrounds! They look so fake. I have to make myself play just to play, which sucks!

I am actually installing Sims 2 at this very moment!

Gosh don't torture yourself forcing yourself to play! The worlds are terrible, and the backgrounds look horrible, they don't even blend, they stick out like a sore thumb.

Ooooooh Sims 2 <3 Enjoy that, I know I am. I never used mods before, but wow can they add some great things to the game!! It's like a whole new game! I'm having a blast!

I was playing TS2 right before Sims 4's release, and discovered megahoods, There were these cleaned sub-hood versions of the main towns I downloaded, and I was able to use them like Bluewater village, and I connected them to one main town, so I had a larger hood. But I tried not to add too many towns to prevent issues, but it worked like a charm!

You should check out some items too. I just built my Sims a carnival, with lots of stuff! and this..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=casNeLJpZzs

lol I couldn't resist!!!! Yes that is a toddler riding a duck...lol
  • blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    OMG lol @Jules1111. That video is the greatest!
    What site are you getting these items from Jules?
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    *flails* I MUST HAVE THAT ! Where did you get it Jules ?!
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited January 2015
    blaznfalcn wrote: »
    OMG lol @Jules1111. That video is the greatest!
    What site are you getting these items from Jules?

Mod the Sims.....only site I will use

http://modthesims.info/browse.php?f=38&gs=1

To keep on topic...sorry Kalub! I don't think the world could be changed. Even the lots are so small, there is no room to make any significant changes. I think the way it is, is the way it will stay.
  • moniquehmoniqueh Posts: 129 Member
    Hopefully when they start expanding the game more the will build bigger worlds because I do agree it is to small right now.

But I don't think it will happen so. It will either be that gradually or in every single expansion and game pack there release 1+ world(s).
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2015
    The TS4 map is kind of deceptive in some ways. It's mainly just lot images representing the locations, but the scale is different in-game. The spaces between lots are bigger than on the maps, and there is a lot of decorative back-drop filler in game too.

I think the idea of the map is to show how the areas (neighbourhoods) are roughly arranged in the town (world), where they are in relation to other areas, how many lots are in the area and to allow travel between areas/lots.

It doesn't show everything, and it doesn't show them to scale. If it did, the lots would look a lot smaller on the map and you'd see no detail.

Basically, the public space between houses/lots in-game is often wider than the lots themselves, or even bigger (especially in poor OS area and in GF campsite), yet on the map they are squished together so they can show bigger pics of each lot. The lot sizes are scaled to eachother on the map though.

The backdrop fills the space between the areas and makes the in-game word seem a lot larger.
    Post edited by EmmaVane on