Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons In The Sims 4

If you devs make seasons again PLEASE make it so it doesnt rain ALL SUMMER. I was a little disappointed with the seasons EP because when summer came they didnt go out to the beach because 90% it was raining. Thats not how summer is... atleast not in California

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    It mostly rained in spring and fall in my game.

Some places have their monsoon season in summer. lol.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think each town should have their own weather system like Oasis Having mostly heat waves, maybe a drought. I don't think it would ever snow in Oasis.
    As for Willow Creek too keep it that green it must have a lot of rain and sun it could get cold though.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I think each town should have their own weather system like Oasis Having mostly heat waves, maybe a drought. I don't think it would ever snow in Oasis.
    As for Willow Creek too keep it that green it must have a lot of rain and sun it could get cold though.

they did that in sims 2.
  • Options
    Oh see I didn't know I never played 1 or 2 I've only played 3 with Seasons, pets and Supernatural a little.
    maybe as just a default but players can set what can happen in the town.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    Oh see I didn't know I never played 1 or 2 I've only played 3 with Seasons, pets and Supernatural a little.

yeah.
    sims 2 weather was great. and you had the three places to visit for vacation and the weather acted according to location.
    you could set it for each town.

I did like in sims 3 how you could turn off weather.
  • Options
    simsluvr90 wrote: »

yeah.
    sims 2 weather was great. and you had the three places to visit for vacation and the weather acted according to location.
    you could set it for each town.

I did like in sims 3 how you could turn off weather.

Yeah I'd let the weather be on somedays but when I have something planned and the weather isn't how I want it I'll change it quickly
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    I would love to see temperature control in the home... maybe have a heater/air conditioner object that you click on to turn the air up or down.... and it can make your bills higher when used

and sims can be cold inside too when it snows or very hot during summer
  • Options
    GeminiJake01GeminiJake01 Posts: 215 Member
    Well, in countries like England, it rains most days and not just in summer, all year! :D
    bff0ff84-f32f-4ab7-9f3e-99681d841a1c_zpsxwxnn1qm.jpg
    If only life was as simple as the sims...
    ♣♣♣♣ My Builds Thread ♣♣♣♣
    ♣♣♣♣ My Gallery ♣♣♣♣
    ♣♣♣♣Origin ID: TwinSimmers24♣♣♣♣
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    It rains a lot in Southeast (Florida) during summer months
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

What? I need snow. Everywhere.
  • Options
    ModishSimmerModishSimmer Posts: 24 New Member
    I'm just getting excited for the Sims 4 Seasons now, I just feel like it's going to be way more detailed than the Sims 3 Seasons. I hope and wish for the best. Let's just hope this Outdoor Retreat is a good expansion...
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I kind of liked the unpredictable weather. I mean the weather channel was essential for my sims but it was nice to see that it wasn't hot all summer and it didn't snow everyday during Winter. Though I didn't like the fact it snowed out of nowhere the first day of spring.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    For Oasis Springs I would set it as Spring, Summer, Summer, Autumn, and miss Winter altogether. I would definitely want the four seasons for Willow Creek. It would be lovely covered in snow.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    weebl_101weebl_101 Posts: 101 Member
    I loved seasons.. The air-conditioning and heat thing is a really great idea... Hoping seasons comes earlier in the series and not late like it did with the sims 3
  • Options
    LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    Seasons is my all-time favorite expansion, be it Sims 2 or Sims 3. That being said, it rained so much in the springtime in TS3 for me that I eventually turned the rain off. Rain makes me sleepy, whether it's simulated or actually raining. I would prefer to see the same level of control over the duration of each season that we saw in TS3, but with the added bonus of also being able to dictate the severity of the weather itself. Light/Medium/Torrential Snow/Rain/Hail. Where I'm from is a very dry heat with *maybe* one day of light snow a year. Where I've been living for the last 6 years, however, is a mild heat for the summer, chilly falls and springs, and a solid 6 months at least of very cold winter filled with lots of snow. I'd like to be able to make stories that surround different neighborhoods based on the weather. Although, I'll admit, it *does* take away from the concept of seeing people from the other neighborhood as often as we do if they live in a totally different climate, but hey, it's a game! That's part of the fun!
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • Options
    Maybe a slider control would be something plausible to control the percentage of rain your seasons get?
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    My game snowed a lot. I hated it. Crazy thing was I had snow turned off and it still snowed. I can't wait until they have seasons in TS4.
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    I said this before in other threads an easy access weather DJ Widget. like on our phones and computers on the bottom of the interface where it shows us the Day and Time, weather will be added with ºF/ºC (your choice) and an icon of the current weather of high and low. they you can click on it to expand it to a 7 day forecast and if you don't like the default weather for the week, you can can edit it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    I said this before in other threads an easy access weather DJ Widget. like on our phones and computers on the bottom of the interface where it shows us the Day and Time, weather will be added with ºF/ºC (your choice) and an icon of the current weather of high and low. they you can click on it to expand it to a 7 day forecast and if you don't like the default weather for the week, you can can edit it.

So you're saying that there's a weather DJ Widget... Is this suppose to be in TS4 or are you speaking on TS3?
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options

So you're saying that there's a weather DJ Widget... Is this suppose to be in TS4 or are you speaking on TS3?

the sims 4 of course.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    My game always hailed. I had to turn hail off because it would hail all year
  • Options
    805635205W229805635205W229 Posts: 5 New Member
    the vacation area would look nice in all four seasons also so we may need a tropical vacation area before long and i think in the summer we need to have a few sever storms that may take out the power for a short period of time and sims could either like the storm or be afraid of the storm.