Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loading Issue

ApriliseAprilise Posts: 431 Member
Hello,

Since the new patch and installing Outdoor Retreat my game freezes on the loading screen when I try to log in. Going to desktop and putting my computer to sleep and waking it up will unfreeze it, but then it says the game is not connected to the internet and won't connect. The first time I played it (after the patch/installing Outdoor Retreat) it ran fine, except for the gallery was showing red x's instead of my families. The second time is when these issues started.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the issue still happens.
I tested other games (PvZ Garden warfare on origin, and several on Steam) and did not have issues.

Putting Origin in offline mode and loading Sims 4 does work, however it still won't let me go online in game to see the gallery.

Any help would be appreciated.

April

edited to say I have no mods, and have only had the base game since christmas when I got a new computer to play it on.
Post edited by Aprilise on

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Try repairing the game open origin right click on game icon select repair

If the only remaining issue is not being able to access online confirm your anti v isn't blocking the game. For most that can't access this is the case, good luck
  • ApriliseAprilise Posts: 431 Member
    how do I check if my antivirus is blocking it
  • ApriliseAprilise Posts: 431 Member
    ok figured it out, firewall was blocking it, fixed the issue and it's working now.