Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This DLC is so boring.

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Senbre wrote: »
    what can i do else than collecting and BBQ.

I thought you were not going to buy it... or was that someone else? :o

Either way, sorry if you don't like it, I love it! Love that sims can go on vacation now, collect bugs, chill on the tents, have a winner party, tell stories, star and cloudgaze, go hiking, make home remedies... :) I can't wait till the next game pack or expansion! Also I'm dying with curiosity about those free content updates...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    This game pack is great. I stayed almost a sim week and didn't get tired of it, they really capture the essence of camping.
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    MiffoShort wrote: »
    I'm sorry you don't like the first Sims 4 Game Pack :( . I love it though :) You get a new world, new items, new clothing and an NPC bear! Overall I think this Game Pack is really awesome and I can't wait to hear news on what the next one will be :) !

Matthew.

The bear isn't an NPC lol. Its a costume.

There is a real bear Npc as well.

Where? Does it have a name?
    WLfAA9V.png
  • chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I like it. It is a game pack.... not an expansion.... and honestly for what it offers.... a new place...tons of content... new aspirations and skills... worth it yes. Consider the S3 packs where they wanted 20 bucks for diesel clothes or katy perry crap.... that was nothing.... here you have a new skill... a new aspiration... a new location..... a new "hidden" location. As far as I am concerned.... being the dumb broad who just buys everything for my simmies....(ok read S3.... ok S2) this is worth way more to me than buying the Diesel pack for S3 or the dang stupid Katy Perry pack... which because of my addiction I also stupidly bought...(hello EA.... us 40 somethings still want stuff for S3... and we will pay.. you want money... cater to US.... not the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 little kiddies who think this is stupid)
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I'll confess I was skeptical about it due to how boring the Base Game is for me, but so far I am truly enjoying it. I just hope it's enough to keep me entertained until the next pack or EP :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    collecting, camping, identifying plants and brewing potions, visiting the two secret locations, fishing, walk around in the bear costume and roar, cook all the new food items, craft all the new workbench items, build your very own cabin, etc.

Two secret locations? I thought there was only one.

I thought so too?

@Senbre, I'm sorry that you find the game pack disappointing. I don't have it myself so I can't say what there is that you might find interesting, but from what I have seen the GP looks like a good deal and well done. Sure there are some things that I have discovered to be disappointing, like the ranger station, but overall I think it is a great addition for the price. So long as you don't live in Australia or New Zealand, that situation just stinks. I'd be all over this GP if I was satisfied with the game as it stands, but I am not. As much as I really like Outdoor Adventures and I love camping, I won't be spending a penny on this game at this time. Ok, maybe I would buy it for a penny. I'm actually quite enjoying camping in TS3.
    Jessa that doesn't seem like camping to me in TS3.

What doesn't seem like camping in TS3? I didn't even say what I was doing? Did I misunderstand?
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I don't plan on buying outdoor retreat for various reasons, but it looks pretty awesome.
    He/Him
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited January 2015
    Double post.......
    He/Him
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    The game pack is not at all boring and I'm sure future game pack will deliver also.
  • Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    I can understand someone finding this boring if they find camping boring. But, that's the beauty of a game pack; if you don't like the theme, you don't have to purchase it. I for one have a few outdoorsy sims who this pack was great for. I think that the amount of content was well worth 19.99.
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited January 2015
    collecting, camping, identifying plants and brewing potions, visiting the two secret locations, fishing, walk around in the bear costume and roar, cook all the new food items, craft all the new workbench items, build your very own cabin, etc.

I thought so too?

@Senbre, I'm sorry that you find the game pack disappointing. I don't have it myself so I can't say what there is that you might find interesting, but from what I have seen the GP looks like a good deal and well done. Sure there are some things that I have discovered to be disappointing, like the ranger station, but overall I think it is a great addition for the price. So long as you don't live in Australia or New Zealand, that situation just stinks. I'd be all over this GP if I was satisfied with the game as it stands, but I am not. As much as I really like Outdoor Adventures and I love camping, I won't be spending a penny on this game at this time. Ok, maybe I would buy it for a penny. I'm actually quite enjoying camping in TS3.

What doesn't seem like camping in TS3? I didn't even say what I was doing? Did I misunderstand?
    I'm actually quite enjoying camping in TS3. Is what you said Jessa in your comment. No offense to anyone but I love the new stuff. I think its fun to actually go camping now.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah....I'm just going to enjoy camping and slap dancing and big foot in Bon Voyage. It's a shame a terrain tool wasn't put into the Sims 4 yet. It probably would have made this GP more enjoyable for people if it was added. I just really hope group activities will be added to the base and future EPs of the Sims 4. It doesn't seem like you can swim or ride on boats down the rivers either. I guess my version of camping is different, but kind of freaky how the GP looks like Oregon. So although the GP doesn't appeal to me, I hope that other Simmers enjoy it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • JaegerJaeger Posts: 256 Member
    You could turn one of the lots into a community lot and put in a swimming pool, kiddie park, outdoor movie theater, bar, karaoke, etc.

Either a large lot or one near the water (for fishing or future packs that offers swimming in lakes and/or boating).

Add sports equipment to the community lot and the ranger house in the national park.

With future packs:
    Archery range
    Basketball
    Fireworks show
    Boats (row, paddle boats, swan oat, etc)
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

I thought so too?

I'm actually quite enjoying camping in TS3. Is what you said Jessa in your comment. No offense to anyone but I love the new stuff. I think its fun to actually go camping now.

Yes, I said I was actually enjoying camping in TS3. I do not have Outdoor Retreat so I don't know how it is there, and it looks like a great pack, but right now I am enjoying camping in TS3. I didn't compare anything. I didn't say camping in TS4 was bad. I am glad you like the new pack, I don't know why you are so defensive about that? I am having fun in TS3 camping, they fish and explore and check out wildlife, they forage and collect and tent woohoo, they swim and they boat and they roast marshmallows, light sparklers, watch stars, tell ghost stories, enjoy the campfire, play horseshoes, they cook on the grill or over the campfire. They sleep in tents or under the stars in sleeping bags until it rains. I enjoy that. I enjoy all of TS3.

It isn't the Game Pack that I am unhappy with, it is the game to attach it to. If I was in love with TS4 I'd be all over this pack but I am not so I wont be spending money to go camping regardless of how well the pack is or that I think it is a great deal. I just personally don't wish to invest in the game at this time, or until such time I find it suitable for my play style. I'm sorry you had such a poor experience with TS3, I don't have that. I have a great experience with TS3, and for me it is fun to go camping there.
  • SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    Senbre wrote: »
    what can i do else than collecting and BBQ.

OP, you do not seem to enjoy anything about TS4 in general. Might I suggest another game entirely?

CxevBFV.gif
  • makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    I was fairly bored with TS4 but I really like this pack so far. Pricing seems fair to me and there are quite a few options for the way I play (I like to make up stories and keep my game play as close to that story as possible). I've got homeless sims living in tents, parents who don't live with their kids (divorce/child out of wedlock) taking their offspring for camping trips to connect with them and friends having a blast around a bonfire in their backyard. I didn't think this was a good idea for a first pack but if they need more time for the proper family play I long for then this is a good interlude in my opinion.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    I didn't think this was a good idea for a first pack but if they need more time for the proper family play I long for then this is a good interlude in my opinion.

What a wonderfully positive outlook. :)
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    It is a lot of fun, in order to try it out I made a new family, just a father and son, I sent them to the camp ground. It was really neat seeing the father and son camping together. fishing together and everything, makes for a nice family outing. Seeing the father and son together like that was a lot of fun. Should have taken pictures. great GP
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

I love all the new content in this pack and feel it was worth £15.00 B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I had to pay $29.99 which I'm not too thrilled about. The new gameplay features are good and new content is pretty decent.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I admit that the new GP looks interesting. But I'm still not buying. Toddlers are first.
  • COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited January 2015
    For me Camping isn't really me forte, but i do like the Idea of game packs, so if the next one really does sway me.. (I need my surfing, ocean swimmers, with some beach houses, with actual beaches, and some nice really night life plz sixaM!).. I'm sure to get it :p
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    anywho211 wrote: »

This. This is how simulated camping was meant to be, like how it is in TS3.

Yes simulated camping is supposed to involve resetting your sim every five seconds because their routing is so horrible that they constantly get stuck. It is supposed to mean traversing an world that although open, lacks the minute details and effort to make it fully immersible. It is also supposed to involve playing with characters who act more like robots who are given a task and then sit around doing nothing once it is done. Yeah that is exactly what simulated camping is supposed to be.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited January 2015
    anywho211 wrote: »

This. This is how simulated camping was meant to be, like how it is in TS3.

Yes simulated camping is supposed to involve resetting your sim every five seconds because their routing is so horrible that they constantly get stuck. It is supposed to mean traversing an world that although open, lacks the minute details and effort to make it fully immersible. It is also supposed to involve playing with characters who act more like robots who are given a task and then sit around doing nothing once it is done. Yeah that is exactly what simulated camping is supposed to be.
    Resetting sims every five seconds? Lacks minute details and specially "effort"? Robots?

Yeah um...no, not at all. That's not how it rolls in my game and if you are going to take that route, then I could very well dive down to that level and say "Yeah simulated camping is going to a looney tunes forest with limited gameplay and closed areas with over-acting cheap actors".

My point being; stop stating personal experiences/opinions as if they were facts of a game. Newsflash, they aren't. Anyone educated at least a tiny bit in the matter would know. Someone's enjoying camping in TS3 and thinks that's what camping should be all about? Good for them. Someone thinks OR is a dense pack for the price and has a lot of cool additions? Good for them.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    @makanivalur‌

Totally agree. I became terribly bored with the base game very quickly. This game pack has greatly returned my interest in playing TS4 again.

However, I do hope another game pack and or EP will come out sooner than later to keep my interest in the game. You can only camp and collect for so long before it becomes too repetitive.

This Game Pack has proven to be very enjoyable for me so far. I've never been one to collect items, but some of the benefits, such as brewing remedies makes it worthwhile and I really love the look of Granite Falls!

The Secret/Hidden lot (Hermit Man/Lady) is barely a step up from the previous hidden lots. Still rather a lackluster IMO. Pretty, and nice that they added a person/cottage there, but is still very much a lackluster for me, for it being a "Hidden Lot".

Hope to see more game packs like this in the future. Fun new content, nice interactive items (tents, coolers, etc.) and a very nice *cough* world. Still small, but done nicely.
    OJGRGDT.gif