Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Reviews Outdoor Retreat

Comments

• Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    yeah, two days ago this guy was a patriot for the haters...now they hate him...lol
  • MAFEBISIMAFEBISI Posts: 160 Member
    What is this review, huh? What happened to him? I can't believe it! They "bought" him too? What a sad thing. :(
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited January 2015
    Sad to see him get sucked into this mess. Hopefully he snaps out of EA's spell ASAP. #PrayForLGR
  • MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited January 2015
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Kelleygirl wrote: »
    I love LGR but honestly, I felt like I was watching a commercial. Like someone else said, it was like he was reading a script, and in a monotone voice at that; really isn't like him at all. Where was the sarcasm that he usually imparts in a review? I didn't base my purchase on his review, but I've always liked his reviews in the past, and this one was definitely different.

There was plenty of Sarcasm in there. People just want Sarcastic jokes bashing the game, rather than Sarcastic jokes praising the game.

He's allowed to enjoy the game. His favourite packs have generally been the World Adventures/Island Paradise packs so it makes sense that he likes this pack, because it's his kind of pack.

I agree that he is allowed to enjoy the game. I have heard him give reviews of Sims3 content that he enjoyed as well-but for the cost (understandable)!
    Post edited by Mandylcd on
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I've watched reviews by him before. He has a very calming voice. I won't be getting the GP myself, but I hope others enjoy it. It reminds me a lot of Bon Voyage EP. Is it bad that it looks like my back yard though? XD Seeing trees everywhere and waterfalls is pretty common for me. All it is missing is rain and rainbows I guess and bam it's like where I live. It is interesting that the last name of the hermit is Strange and I hope it ties into a story how the neighborhood Strangetown came about in other games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    What's wrong with him actually liking this game pack? Give the guy a break. I'm glad he likes it.
  • RadprofileRadprofile Posts: 161 Member
    Everyone defending him received a part of the money. I see skaters in your future.
  • aussieduckyaussieducky Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm finding it a little hilarious that the moment LGR approves of something Sims 4 related everyone rushes to call him a sell out, unless you're all just trolling :o This review is no different to any other Sims review he's done; its snarky, clever, and thorough. He's allowed to enjoy the game, guys :P
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited January 2015
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »
    yeah, two days ago this guy was a patriot for the haters...now they hate him...lol

@Gnarl_Lee‌ can you just stop please? You used to a have an opinion to share, but now all you do is just call everyone with a different opinion than yours haters--and you do so entirely unprovoked. Your comments are no different than Asuka's who used to call everyone who plays the game sheep in every other thread.

Meh, suffice it to say I agree with the reviewer although I didn't care much for his review in general--I think he did a pretty lame job showcasing the game pack.

I love SPs, mine are all vital as I never bought store items, so if GPs replace them that will be awesome. I still think the game will require EPs--especially a Generations type EP.

What bothered me is that this video made the pack seem a little boring :confused: Eating and talking is not really multitasking is it? TS2 sims could do it. And then the eating in silence thing... that was really awkward and that would not happen in TS2. Grabbing a bite is still one of the best way to meet and greet the BV Three Lakes locals. I wish he had shown what kind of multitasking could be done in this GP. Outside of walking around and sitting and eating, what can be done that? Adding new types of collecting is still collecting nonetheless. Also, with the dirty patch does that mean everyone (townies) will be walking around looking like they rolled in the mud? In TS2 there were understandably a lot of stinkers in the woods?

I liked the game pack more before this review. But again--if you just treat it like an SP, then it is pretty snazzy!

The let's play that someone posted showcasing the clothes was a lot better than this review. I hope someone shares a let's play similar to that showcasing the game play.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Interesting, he says if this is a 'success' there could be 50 of these. Be prepared to pay upto 100 to complete the base game, you want toddlers? That would be 20 please...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Interesting, he says if this is a 'success' there could be 50 of these. Be prepared to pay upto 100 to complete the base game, you want toddlers? That would be 20 please...

Did you mean a thousand? That would be a given if you intend to buy the games at full price. I hope that Ebay becomes the virtual bargain bin.
    nilanius wrote: »
    A good review. And I have to agree with his assessment from what I am seeing. I will definitely see about getting this expansion next month for sure.

Enjoy! And I hope you'll share your pictures and experience with it! Our game play styles are very similar, so I would love to see what you can do with this game. I was glad the reviewer mentioned that these kind of trips are what normal families do. I would hope this GP would increase family game play aspects.
  • KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    Did I tell ya?

Pretty sure I told ya.

The members of the Sims forums are as predictable as ever.
  • LoralahlaLoralahla Posts: 214 Member
    Shuushii wrote: »
    Man, he's my favorite Sims Reviewer, he words things so well. Wish it was longer though. :(

Same here! I love his reviews. I always love seeing what he has to say about new content. 9 times out of 10, if he likes something, I do too. I was a bit disappointed that it was only 6 minutes long though lol, I just love watching him play :)

Origin ID: Loralahla
    My Simblr: loralahla-sims << updated :)
    2nar0uv.png
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    I found his review to be the same as usual. I however don't enjoy this type of game play so probably won't be getting this, unless it comes out with a multi purchase or something.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I usually like his reviews, but not this. He didn't even play during the review. It was just tiny clips of his Sims doing stuff. So he didn't go over how much there is to do. He didn't say that this added 5 minutes, 1 hour, or unlimited new gameplay value. All we got were tiny clips. To me, that's not a review.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited January 2015
    I despise video reviews.
    Write a few general sentences, then add some more later as details if needed (if there is enough content to analyze in fact).

Dunno about others, but I don't have time to sit and watch something for hours. I want to peek on a text while a game is loading and instead of passively sitting, eating popcorn and getting fat watching reviews, I want to play the bloody game.

Thus, I'm not watching this thing. Anyone has a link on a proper, classic, text (mini)review?
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    He has a right to like the game. and to like GPs, Glad he is having fun with it. I like his reviews no matter how he sees them.
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited January 2015
    I like his reviews because they are non-biased, has constructive criticism and are told in a properly, detailed way.
    As soon as someone expressed that they like/love The Sims 4 people are instantly in offensive-mode and think that there is something wrong with them or they're being paid by EA to enjoy it. News flash, people likes different things. It looks like the team are really trying to make The Sims 4 enjoyable for as many simmers as possible. They gave us tons of free content and some people are still raging over it and are underappreciative. This game pack was well worth its money when compared to the stuff packs and worlds for TS3 - it has a lot more content. I can only imagine how much the EPs will contain!
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Valandis‌ I think you are dismissing the feelings of your fellow simmers by saying they are 'raging ' and. 'Underappreciative'. It's really quite offensive seeing judgements on a 'group' which in reality there's no 'group' just a set of customers who happen to find the sims. 4 disappointing. How's that fair when like you say 'Newsflash people like different things'?

For a start that content wasn't free. It was provided to try to work towards finishing the unfinished base, which isn't finished yet even with a couple of careers, ghosts and pools.

Judge people as individuals-if people misbehave it's not 'lovers' or 'haters' as a group. It's just them misbehaving as an individual.

I've worked hard to be respectful and kind on these boards and I've helped people with all sorts of different opinions because I'm aware that it's not personal if someone has a different opinion than me-what's wrong is when someone criticise you for feeling however you do, or criticising how you choose to handle a situation or feel about it.

So please rethink the way you address people who are disappointed, it's not kind to those who are wonderful people to be accused of such things when they conduct themselves with decorum and dignity.

I'm not into watching these sorts of reviews really. I'd rather read simmers reviews that aren't paid for a review with advertising revenue or whatever :) it's all personal but I doubt anyone decides to buy just from one source anyway! :)
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    Sellout? Good lord I'm having a hard time taking some of your seriously anymore...

Me too, I think it is some kind of game or competition or something. It doesn't seem to be anymore about the Sims4 really. Not sure what it is.
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    I don't think he sold out at all. People are entitled to change their opinions, be excited about games, and as for the comments that he made to people on Twitter how "EA is fixing the bugs and releasing free content patches"... It's true. Maybe he's not even experiencing them. I know I'm not experiencing a lot of the bugs I've seen mentioned. He also has other games and life to focus on so if his initial impressions of the games aren't satisfactory to you or he missed some bugs that didn't get fixed, that doesn't mean he 'sold out'.

It means he has an opinion that differs from your own so you are claiming that he is selling out to justify that you do not enjoy the game pack. If you don't like it, that's fine! Make your own reviews! But people wait for this person to post their opinion then to speak badly of them for their opinion? That just seems silly to me.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Glad to see he's enjoying the GP. :) People don't have to like or enjoy the same things, so I respect his choice, and don't think he's a "sellout".

I notice he tends to like many things sims-related and he doesn't always like what I like (like supernatural stuff), but that's ok. We're all individuals. :)

I usually enjoy his videos, so I will try to watch it later this week, depending on if I have time.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member
    I am just going to say that I agree with LGR about the new game packs. I rather have game packs than the stuff packs. There were many stuff packs for Sims 3 I did not buy. I did however, but most of the sims 3 store items.
  • ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    @Valandis‌ I think you are dismissing the feelings of your fellow simmers by saying they are 'raging ' and. 'Underappreciative'. It's really quite offensive seeing judgements on a 'group' which in reality there's no 'group' just a set of customers who happen to find the sims. 4 disappointing. How's that fair when like you say 'Newsflash people like different things'?

For a start that content wasn't free. It was provided to try to work towards finishing the unfinished base, which isn't finished yet even with a couple of careers, ghosts and pools.

Judge people as individuals-if people misbehave it's not 'lovers' or 'haters' as a group. It's just them misbehaving as an individual.

I've worked hard to be respectful and kind on these boards and I've helped people with all sorts of different opinions because I'm aware that it's not personal if someone has a different opinion than me-what's wrong is when someone criticise you for feeling however you do, or criticising how you choose to handle a situation or feel about it.

So please rethink the way you address people who are disappointed, it's not kind to those who are wonderful people to be accused of such things when they conduct themselves with decorum and dignity.

I'm not into watching these sorts of reviews really. I'd rather read simmers reviews that aren't paid for a review with advertising revenue or whatever :) it's all personal but I doubt anyone decides to buy just from one source anyway! :)

Thank you for your reply. I never singled anyone out nor mentioned any group. I simply stated "Some people".

I will judge someone when they are verbally abusing and harassing certain simmers for having a different opinion than theirs. That doesn't really happen here, it's more on other forums and youtube comments. I am fully aware that people like different things and dislike different things, that's what makes the world so wonderful to me. I'm glad we have diversity. What I can't stand though is when people are treating others harshly because of thinking differently than them.

I think people getting disappointed in completely fine, I've been disappointed with other games many people found to be amazing - we're all different. What I don't like is how they are treating The Sims 4 like it's a continuation of The Sims 3 when it's not. It's a new game in The Sims Franchise. The base game is completely finished, it's a new start and new generation. "It doesn't have this and that as TS2/TS3", it doesn't because it's not The Sims 2/3! But there is not even a point in discussing that because the same things happens everytime. When The Sims 3 came out people said "I'll stick with The Sims 2 thanks, it has a lot more content and is finished".

And that's kind of disrespectful towards LGR. He's only paid to upload videos, not give reviews - that is something he solely chose on his own as a hobby or whatever reason he chooses to do it. He is either give them by players or he buys them himself. Now if he was paid to give a review, they would give him the game pack for free, from what I've learned about people being paid for giving reviews of things.

Happy simming. :)