Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Step by step instruction on how to get rid of unwanted sims

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
Do you have unwanted sims in your house after you went travelling or after you had a party. Sometimes someone you don't even knows comes over and sleeps in your bed, eats your food, uses up all your computer time, How dare they and why on earth are they doing that? Its simple really, since the last update all houses are reset to generic, which means your home is no longer your own residential home, Oh no, now its almost like a community lot and free for all :expressionless:

So what to do, I will show you a very step by step tutorial on how to change your lot from Generic back to residential and get rid of those pesky little parasites living in your house ;)

Step 1
Make sure that they are indeed people that just moved in and not an actual visitor, you can always ask a visitor to go away and leave, but not someone that is visiting your generic house, as you can see in my pic, the option to chase them off is not available, some of them my sim has never even met, how dare they?
Y91boOq.png

Step 2
Click on the three dots in your upper right corner and then select manage worlds from the pop up
WpTdaK9.png

Step 3
You will be asked whether you want to save and manage or just manage, I suggest saving
A9DlkVf.png

Step 4
You will be taken to the world map. There you hover the mouse over your property and then click on the three dots to get more options
Ev9CDlg.png

More steps continue in next post as to not overcrowd one post with lots of pics ;)
Post edited by mcrudd on

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited January 2015
    Step 5
    Select the option to change your lot type
    CWnOznS.png

Step 6
    This is where you see the problem, see your lot is now generic and free to all townies to come and do as they please and when they wanna. So change it to residential by selecting it. After selecting residential then click on the tick
    zcR0nOq.png

Step 7
    a pop up will come up prompting you that your sim will need to be evicted (no worries no job progresses will be lost and your furniture will stay behind) So click on the tick to say yes
    UCx9Tim.png

Step 8
    another prompt will come up telling you that you need to go into build mode to finish up your changes, click on the tick
    RpjRA1G.png

More steps to follow ;)
    edited January 2015
    Step 9
    Build mode will load, once it loaded then click on return to world map in the upper right corner
    ICzaORY.png

Step 10
    It will take you back to the world map, there you select the household management button in your upper right corner
    UaDOG3v.png

Step 11
    The page where all your sims are will pop up there, look for your sim that used to live in that generic house and click on them
    XchSaCL.png

Step 12
    Click on the little truck to move your sim into a lot
    hhYksVC.png

last steps coming up ;)
    edited January 2015
    Step 13
    Select the house your sim used to live in before the whole neighbourhood decided to move in with them
    1wkLb4m.png

Step 14
    The pop up will come up asking furnished or unfurnished, select furnished
    j26vc7Y.png

Step 15
    Now just select the house to play your sim without any snoopy townies living in your house :D
    w92Ct0x.png

Step 16 (just if you want too)
    Follow step 1 to 6 to make sure your house is now residential, this should be your result
    jnEBvCA.png

Now your sim is by herself, mine is a little sad cause the party I threw to make this tutorial was not a success, hopefully your sims will be happier.
    UcEZHLK.png

I really hope this step by step tutorial will help you all out. Hopefully with the next update this will be fixed and we won't need to go through all these steps just to live a happy simmie life by ourselfs ;)
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Andrew060Andrew060 Posts: 281 Member
    It's weird because I've experienced the opposite to this bug. I've had Sims come over that I want to spend the night with, but they refuse to sleep in the bed when my Sim goes to bed. Instead they stay up watching TV or doing other actions.
    Andrew - UK Fan and player of the Sims since the year 2000
    Andrew060 wrote: »
    It's weird because I've experienced the opposite to this bug. I've had Sims come over that I want to spend the night with, but they refuse to sleep in the bed when my Sim goes to bed. Instead they stay up watching TV or doing other actions.

That is weird. No idea how to solve that one, sorry
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    great stuff @mcrudd! bookmarked :)
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    great stuff @mcrudd! bookmarked :)

Pleasure ceejay, just trying to help out a bit ;)
  • chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    The only sims that seem to stop by and bang on my door are sims MY sims have befriended.... or family I have moved out. I do not mind them using the bathroom or getting food but when they get in the way of babies and my computer it irritates me. Pay for your own internet little man... 🐸🐸🐸🐸... I have reports to file!
    The only sims that seem to stop by and bang on my door are sims MY sims have befriended.... or family I have moved out. I do not mind them using the bathroom or getting food but when they get in the way of babies and my computer it irritates me. Pay for your own internet little man... 🐸🐸🐸🐸... I have reports to file!

I know the feeling. I get upset when they sleep in my sims bed and then she is sooo tired she passed out on the floor. I am glad i know how to kick them out.
  • SerabeeSerabee Posts: 135 Member
    Wish I found this earlier, took me forever to figure out the issue on my own :p I was mainly having the issue with friends and neighbors my Sims would chat with outside of their home lot, then they'd come over and be like visitors... except I couldn't make them leave and they kept sleeping in my Sims bed AND hogging her only bathroom. She was pregnant at the time. That was not fun.
    Serabee wrote: »
    Wish I found this earlier, took me forever to figure out the issue on my own :p I was mainly having the issue with friends and neighbors my Sims would chat with outside of their home lot, then they'd come over and be like visitors... except I couldn't make them leave and they kept sleeping in my Sims bed AND hogging her only bathroom. She was pregnant at the time. That was not fun.

Wish I had the time to make it earlier. I just hope I help people with this. Took forever to make lol. Pregnant Sims need their bathroom, must have been tough on her.
    edited January 2015
    Bump for other time zones.
    @crinrict thought this might come in handy as a referral for you
    Bump again for this time zone ;)
  • TEYA711TEYA711 Posts: 23 Member
    Thank you! I thought I would never get rid of that guy!! :-)
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    My problem is that this is happening just after my sim moved into his house. I have tried asking them to leave,but no joy. I might as well try this as I might get to play the game.
  • NOTW316NOTW316 Posts: 2 New Member
    Seriously, are those darn game developers getting paid to annoy the heck out of us?! :s
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Seems to be mainly happening with houses I've downloaded from the Gallery in my games. Haven't had it happen on any of the default Sims 4 houses. I wonder if somehow adding the new lot type caused the glitch.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Thanks.

Linked this at AHQ and in my Blog post
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

TEYA711 wrote: »
    Thank you! I thought I would never get rid of that guy!! :-)
    LOL Glad I could help, I had to do this again last night, after I added a new house from my library, its annoying but atleast it works :)

My problem is that this is happening just after my sim moved into his house. I have tried asking them to leave,but no joy. I might as well try this as I might get to play the game.
    Yeah its a pain, it should work for you, mine also usually happens after a day of two from moving in to a new house.
    Seems to be mainly happening with houses I've downloaded from the Gallery in my games. Haven't had it happen on any of the default Sims 4 houses. I wonder if somehow adding the new lot type caused the glitch.
    Deffinetly with houses from the gallery, I have also had it happen with houses from my own library as well. Must be the new lot type because of the new game pack coming soon

crinrict wrote: »
    Thanks.

Linked this at AHQ and in my Blog post
    Always a pleasure to try and help out crinrict, you do amazing work and we appreciate all your help :)

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Thank you so much... I was having this problem too and had no idea why before reading this.
  • ErinMcf88ErinMcf88 Posts: 371 Member
    Thanks you helped alot
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member

Yeah its a pain, it should work for you, mine also usually happens after a day of two from moving in to a new house.

Yes it has worked. Thanks for this. B) I see there is an update patch. Just read the notes on the patch,no fix for this I see. :|

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    so far i dont think this issue has been fixed with new patch update but if anyone thinks others please post update here :)
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Thank you so much... I was having this problem too and had no idea why before reading this.
    I was also quite puzzled in the beginning until another simmer let me know what was up, then I made the tutorial for others :)
    ErinMcf88 wrote: »
    Thanks you helped alot
    So happy I could help ;)

Yes it has worked. Thanks for this. B) I see there is an update patch. Just read the notes on the patch,no fix for this I see. :|

Yip I read the patch notes too, wonder why they would not fix this, its a biggy too

ceejay402 wrote: »
    so far i dont think this issue has been fixed with new patch update but if anyone thinks others please post update here :)

I am going to load my game now and will test it. I only have the patch though not the new game pack yet, so it might be a good idea if someone with the game pack test it too ;) Will keep you updated on my findings @ceejay402

@ceejay402 and @crinrict it seems as if the latest update has fixed this error, I tried it with old community houses, new community houses and old houses from my library and they all had residential as a lot type. I don't have the new gamepack so I suggest more testing for someone with the gamepack, but I can say that its fixed for me since the last update this morning ;)