Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WARNING!!!!

Comments

• ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Also Finland and many other countries are being ignored by EA/Origin too. We don't have those Origin game/cash cards at local game stores (yet), but I hope they will be worldwide someday to be honest. Where can I ask EA if the cash cards will be available everywhere soon? Many people don't have bank cards with web purchasing ability, including me. So if you know iTunes gift cards/Google Play gift cards, then you should understand what I mean.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Im so sorry to hear this @fullspiral I stand behind you all the way. After the widespread news of origin being hacked you would think they would be allowing these cards to make sure they cater to people who dont wish to use their cards on there :(
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Back at the game company I used to mod for, they had a huge problem where a Chinese hacking and botting company managed to spoof credit card numbers to make purchases from the cash shop. This might be part of why. They're probably easier to fake.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • ShadyProShadyPro Posts: 227 Member
    I m from EU and I intend to buy it through pay safe card.

This is not supported in my country ( Serbia) so what should I do? :)
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Origin DOES NOT accept prepaid VISAS or PREPAID Credit cards.

You cannot use this method of payment through ORIGIN!

I am posting this in general to make sure it is seen and so that others don't go out and get one thinking they can get anything from Origin this way.

Umm... while I still don't understand the prepaid card culture--how can they tell the difference?

Yeah, I don't get it either, as in how can they tell the difference.

A credit card is a credit card.
  • fotkittycatfotkittycat Posts: 31 Member
    > @ShadyPro said:
    > fotkittycat wrote: »
    >
    > I m from EU and I intend to buy it through pay safe card.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is not supported in my country ( Serbia) so what should I do?

Are you sure ? I m from Greece and pay safe card is supported but its non refundable.
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

I am posting this in general to make sure it is seen and so that others don't go out and get one thinking they can get anything from Origin this way.

Umm... while I still don't understand the prepaid card culture--how can they tell the difference?

There are different numbers assigned to different types of cards. That's how they can tell.

There are different numbers assigned to different types of cards. That's how they can tell.

Right, like AMX has its own number trends starting 3, Visa starting with 4, Mastercard starting with 5, Discover starting with 6.

Which numbers signify that its prepaid, I'd really like to know.

> @ShadyPro said:<br />
    > fotkittycat wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > I m from EU and I intend to buy it through pay safe card.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > This is not supported in my country ( Serbia) so what should I do?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Are you sure ? I m from Greece and pay safe card is supported but its non refundable.

Yep, I am sure

no Serbian flag here... https://www.paysafecard.com/en-global/country-selection/
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

Right, like AMX has its own number trends starting 3, Visa starting with 4, Mastercard starting with 5, Discover starting with 6.

I believe it is the 3-4 digit number on the back that you also have to enter.
  • Simgurl20Simgurl20 Posts: 162 Member
    Well what I do is get a pre paid mastercard and set it up on my paypal account, and then use my pay pal account as method of payment on Origin. That's one way to get around it.

I'm not sure if it's the digits on the back or one or more of the sets of numbers. For example, all my replacement visa cards started with the same number - I had one from a dept store that I lost, the replacement had the same 4 digits at the beginning. Same with my other card.
    Terrylin wrote: »

I believe it is the 3-4 digit number on the back that you also have to enter.

That's the CVV (card verification value) code which is 4 numbers for AMX and 3 numbers for all other cards.

I'm not sure if it's the digits on the back or one or more of the sets of numbers. For example, all my replacement visa cards started with the same number - I had one from a dept store that I lost, the replacement had the same 4 digits at the beginning. Same with my other card.

I do know the numbers at the beginning on the front designates it as Visa, Mastercard, or other. I am still trying to find out what numbers on the back designates. You have a CVV, CVV1, CSC, 1CVV, etc.. that represents the back number and they all verify one thing or another. Mostly whether a card can be verified, who can verify and how it can be verified. Reading it can get quite confusing! LOL
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Humm I had to use paypal to buy it I'm DL it now
    edited January 2015
    Simgurl20 wrote: »
    Well what I do is get a pre paid mastercard and set it up on my paypal account, and then use my pay pal account as method of payment on Origin. That's one way to get around it.

Yeah this, I use paypal even with a non prepaid card.

Is it easy to set up paypal acc and use card through pay pal?
    I don't even think that pay pal is supported in my country ahhh...
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    But what of those that do not went to use paypal that needs to be taken in as well and again i repeat this this game pack should of been free no one should be paying for such content that game pack should of cost 0.00$ and be free sigh
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Simgurl20 wrote: »

That doesn't work for everyone though.....

To answer your question, you may not be able to add some gift cards, prepaid cards, virtual cards, or one-time use cards to your PayPal account because we unable to validate them. However, you can use Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express debit cards and credit cards with a U.S. billing address.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments-Archive/Adding-funds-with-a-Visa-Gift-Card/td-p/428299
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Also if you have more than $19.99 on your account like a $25.00 sims card that you put on there, you can't use that to buy it as you have to pay the total amount that is on your account, you can't subtract some. LAZY EA LAZY
  • RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    While it's fun to bash EA/Origin.. and ultimately they are responsible, it's actually the company they use to process the payments. They are the ones that have it setup not to be able to use the visa gift cards.

But, EA/O decided who they wanted to use.....

I pay for a lot of things online, and some take them, some don't. It's more the processor then the company that is selling the item/service.

• lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    MissTexasB wrote: »
    Is Outdoor Retreat sold exclusively through Origin or can you get it through Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc? If you can get it through someone else they may accept prepaid cards.

Just checked Amazon - not available.

Has anyone used the EA E-Cash card?

i have been using the ea cash cards since sims 3 came out to purchase all of my simpoints and items for sims 3.

Memina11 wrote: »
    But what of those that do not went to use paypal that needs to be taken in as well and again i repeat this this game pack should of been free no one should be paying for such content that game pack should of cost 0.00$ and be free sigh

Why should it be free? It is added content for your game! EA is a business not a charity. While I might disagree with allot of what they do I don't think that they should make everything free. As with the previous versions of this game we had to buy extra content for our games. We have the choice to either buy it or not. If you want something for free there are many free to play games out there. Go-for-it! ;)
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    MissTexasB wrote: »
    Is Outdoor Retreat sold exclusively through Origin or can you get it through Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc? If you can get it through someone else they may accept prepaid cards.

Just checked Amazon - not available.

Has anyone used the EA E-Cash card?

i have been using the ea cash cards since sims 3 came out to purchase all of my simpoints and items for sims 3.
    I can't use it. I got a $25.00 sim card for Christmas and the pack costs $19.99 it says you have to use the balance of the account. So I have to wait for something to cost $25.00 before I can use the account money.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Memina11 wrote: »

Why should it be free? It is added content for your game! EA is a business not a charity. While I might disagree with allot of what they do I don't think that they should make everything free. As with the previous versions of this game we had to buy extra content for our games. We have the choice to either buy it or not. If you want something for free there are many free to play games out there. Go-for-it! ;)

Sorry if my way of thinking is diffrent but it should not only be on dlc but on disk as well not everyone have or went to own credit cards for me credit cards are nothing but trouble if origin wents to make sales of dlc they should also offer payment by the interac atm system in other word payment via or bank cards

If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(