Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WARNING!!!!

Comments

• Options
    konfusedwithakkonfusedwithak Posts: 79 Member
    > @Terrylin said:
    > MissTexasB wrote: »
    >
    > Is Outdoor Retreat sold exclusively through Origin or can you get it through Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc? If you can get it through someone else they may accept prepaid cards.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > As far as I know they said it was going to be an Origin exclusive. Cut out the middle man. I believe (JMHO) they will be going digital only for this game! Only time will tell.
    > It's the trend ya know!

I think with the game packs they will be an origin exclusive (which I hate, because origin always gives me problems when I have to update the game.) Probably once they start releasing actual expansion packs they will be available to other retailers, much like with the sims 3 exclusive content in the store.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    > @Terrylin said:<br />
    > MissTexasB wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > Is Outdoor Retreat sold exclusively through Origin or can you get it through Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc? If you can get it through someone else they may accept prepaid cards.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > As far as I know they said it was going to be an Origin exclusive. Cut out the middle man. I believe (JMHO) they will be going digital only for this game! Only time will tell. <br />
    > It's the trend ya know!<br />
    <br />
    I think with the game packs they will be an origin exclusive (which I hate, because origin always gives me problems when I have to update the game.) Probably once they start releasing actual expansion packs they will be available to other retailers, much like with the sims 3 exclusive content in the store.

My thoughts also. But that begs me to ask have you heard or seen any mention of EP at all? I haven't heard any reference to an EP for TS4 by a sim official just fan speculation. They only time I saw a guru refer to an EP was explaining the difference of a SP, GP, and EP. Food for thought! ;)

We assume that they are making EP. Assumptions make an,,,, well you know the saying about assumptions! They are as bad as rumors and speculations.
  • Options
    LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    Walmart, Amazon, Best buy, etc.... will accept a pre-paid Visa card. So Origin is going to lose money for not accepting!
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I've lived my whole life without a credit card and don't want one. I use prepaids when I want something offline. Like I was able to get sims 4 through Amazon with it. But Origin is not accepting it.

I am angry!
    I agree 100% on that!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    So order a digital EA game card (they give you the code) from a game site using the pre-paid Visa/MasterCard, then in-turn, use that on Origin to pay for the game?
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    So order a digital EA game card (they give you the code) from a game site using the pre-paid Visa/MasterCard, then in-turn, use that on Origin to pay for the game?

I have a feeling this would be more work than a lot of players are willing to do, and I do think it will lose them money. EA was hacked recently and people had ffraudulent purchases made with their accounts. Between that and the people who don't have a credit card... it might be a serious problem.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Walmart, Amazon, Best buy, etc.... will accept a pre-paid Visa card. So Origin is going to lose money for not accepting!

you can only get the GP from origin
  • Options
    ShadyProShadyPro Posts: 227 Member
    Wait, I cant buy game with VISA mastercard? 🐸🐸🐸🐸?

We're unable to process your payment right now. Use a different payment method or try again later. [ref. #10048] More Info

cmon...
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    ShadyPro wrote: »
    Wait, I cant buy game with VISA mastercard? 🐸🐸🐸🐸?<br />
    <br />
    We're unable to process your payment right now. Use a different payment method or try again later. [ref. #10048] More Info<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    cmon...

Can you hook it to a PayPal account?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    No I cant, I dont even have one.
    I mean I dont see what the problem is to purchase with VISa mastercard, i NEVER ahd problems before with steam, blizzard etc

this is so...
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Wait, I cant buy game with VISA mastercard? 🐸🐸🐸🐸?<br />
    <br />
    We're unable to process your payment right now. Use a different payment method or try again later. [ref. #10048] More Info<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    cmon...

This might help:
    Why are you not accepting my Credit Card?
    There are many reasons for a failed credit card transaction. Your card may have expired or reached its limit or a credit card computer, either on our end or your bank's end, may have encountered a machine error. If you do have problems, you can contact Customer Service. Please provide them any error message numbers you may have received, as well as the order number from the shopping basket.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/ordering-payment-information/#8
  • Options
    DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    !!! Just nothing works, nor Visa nor PayPal! Which get me thinking, are there countries where the start time isn't reached yet? The pay button keeps being disabled!
  • Options
    I'm wondering if the servers are overloaded.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I used my debit card to purchase it, but because a while back when people's acct's we're getting hacked into and fraud purchases started happening it's best to not ever save your payment information & by that? I mean your credit/debit card's. I wonder why they aren't allowing the pre paid one's being used?
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    I have a prepaid visa gift card too. I was wondering why it wasn't allowing me to purchase the game and kept giving me an error. But now I know after reading through all of your responses. So I guess I will just go and get one of their cash cards or whatever to buy the game pack then. So that way my gift card wont go to waste.
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    wait, can I purchase it with VISA mastercard at all? or not? or its just origin who wont let us buy it atm? I don't get it?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    wait, can I purchase it with VISA mastercard at all? or not? or its just origin who wont let us buy it atm? I don't get it?

Origin is not accepting pre-paid visas. (from outside the US)
  • Options
    and I am for EU... woooow

so how can I pay for it? any other option besides pay pal?
  • Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    I tried to use a Visa debit gift card and it would not work.

I think the problem is since it's a gift card, you can not put money BACK on to it. When I tried to purchase OR with it, Origin charged a $1 to the card, which I was told would be refunded. But the transaction failed... They can't put it back on.

I had to get an EA card from Target... which I used my Visa gift card to pay for it..

Overall I lost the $1.. which I might be able to get if I fight someone, but it's not worth it for a buck.

• Options
    RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    Oh, and if possible, they should change the title of this thread to something a bit more descriptive & helpful. :)

• Options
    so we from Europe are kidna screwed right :S
  • Options
    fotkittycatfotkittycat Posts: 31 Member
    I m from EU and I intend to buy it through pay safe card.
  • Options

The problem appears to be with the pre-paid cards, sometimes called gift cards. If you have a regular Visa credit card or a regular Mastercard credit card, in theory you should have no problem.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I wish origin for canadien simmers would offer as payment interac bank card as payment for purchuse or bring back the use of simspoints via origin for there dlc
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    Man i am so sorry to the people who can not use prepaid cards. how dumb of them to do this. I use my debit card for everything, but it is from my bank so it does have the mastercard logo.

QPs2LMU.jpg