Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WARNING!!!!

Origin DOES NOT accept prepaid VISAS or PREPAID Credit cards.

You cannot use this method of payment through ORIGIN!

I am posting this in general to make sure it is seen and so that others don't go out and get one thinking they can get anything from Origin this way.

Comments

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Good grief! Thanks for posting.
  • TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    No great game guarantee either. You buy it-you keep it.
  • MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    Is Outdoor Retreat sold exclusively through Origin or can you get it through Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc? If you can get it through someone else they may accept prepaid cards.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,585 Member
    Interesting~ Thanks for letting us know. :(
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    MissTexasB wrote: »
    Is Outdoor Retreat sold exclusively through Origin or can you get it through Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc? If you can get it through someone else they may accept prepaid cards.

Just checked Amazon - not available.

Has anyone used the EA E-Cash card?
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I am posting this in general to make sure it is seen and so that others don't go out and get one thinking they can get anything from Origin this way.

Umm... while I still don't understand the prepaid card culture--how can they tell the difference?
  • SkellySpadesSkellySpades Posts: 328 Member

I'd like to know this as well.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member

Umm... while I still don't understand the prepaid card culture--how can they tell the difference?
    Not everyone has a credit card. Shame that they don't accept prepaid cards though.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Paysafe cards work fine if anyone is wondering bought it a few minutes ago.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Pre-paid cards don't always require a billing address. I think some retailers won't accept them because of this.
    I have an Amex gift card, but they don't take Amex either.
  • Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member

To quote my Grandfather ( an old money tycoon) ""Plum"holes live on credit"

So, no credit cards for me.
    Banners.jpg
  • UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    Strange, i can't image EA ever turning down money
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I guess it is your charge card or a game card. I am going to pass for now.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

I've lived my whole life without a credit card and don't want one. I use prepaids when I want something offline. Like I was able to get sims 4 through Amazon with it. But Origin is not accepting it.

I am angry!
  • Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    Use your card through paypal, that's what I do when they stopped accepting prepaid. Setting up an account is easy.
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member

I have. Works fine.

InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
    Faith12368 wrote: »
    Use your card through paypal, that's what I do when they stopped accepting prepaid. Setting up an account is easy.

I got my paypal account hacked once, thank God the bank caught it - paypal said there was no hack - so no more paypal ever
    happygurl wrote: »

I have. Works fine.

Great I can use my Walmart CC to order that.

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Different rules apply for different countries. We don't get EA cash cards or Sim cards or anything like that.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

The cvp or cpv (whatever it is called) code on the back I believe.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member

Different set of allocated card numbers. They can also tell whether you have a U.S. address card or a non-U.S. address card, etc.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

As far as I know they said it was going to be an Origin exclusive. Cut out the middle man. I believe (JMHO) they will be going digital only for this game! Only time will tell. :(
    It's the trend ya know!
  • lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
    edited January 2015
    It's usually the prepaid cards themselves that have restrictions on digital or online transactions afaik. Which means that it can be different for different cards.