Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are these new objects exclusive to this game pack?

The reason I ask is because they may release some of them again in expansion packs though change the look of the object with a different stencil. Eg could we get tents in an ep later?

This happened in TS3. Once Hottubs,tents etc were added to ts3 they appeared in store sets. This however is TS4 so I don't know if these will be exclusive.

Comments

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Well the Gamepacks are replacing the store. So.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It's possible they may put out variations on the items -- for example we got hot tubs in Late Night then they added some in Outdoor Life Stuff as well as the Store, and there were treehouses in Generations and Town Life Stuff. Some of the items could show up in an appropriate Stuff Pack in different colors/styles since I'm not sure if we're going to have a Sims 4 "Store" of any sort.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    The reason I ask is because they may release some of them again in expansion packs though change the look of the object with a different stencil. Eg could we get tents in an ep later?

This happened in TS3. Once Hottubs,tents etc were added to ts3 they appeared in store sets. This however is TS4 so I don't know if these will be exclusive.
    Oh gee I remember that and then we had every variation of the same object.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Well the Gamepacks are replacing the store. So.

Thank god.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Gamepacks are from the store. Your downloading them from Origin Store the same place we downloaded the Holiday Pack.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Well nobody really knows but I'm sure many of the items WILL be exclusive to this gamepack like tents and the bear costume. I doubt we'll see reskins anytime soon as to allow them to maximize sales of Outdoor Retreat.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Bear costume definitely exclusive -- we could see recolors on the camp chairs down the road, maybe a few more variations on the outdoor shower to fit different themes (one with a tropical theme, for example, if we get a beach game pack).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Gamepacks are from the store. Your downloading them from Origin Store the same place we downloaded the Holiday Pack.

Not the Sims Store, which was around in the Sims 2 and Sims 3 days. They are replacing the Sims Store with $20 dollar packs.
    Meanwhile, it used to cost you over $3 - $5 for a single object, so it's a MUCH better deal.
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    So, the game packs are more like premium venues than expansions or stuff packs?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Shadoza2 wrote: »
    So, the game packs are more like premium venues than expansions or stuff packs?

More like a world with added gameplay.