Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear maxis ea.

12346...Next

Comments

• DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    I will be buying it for me + a friend
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    MAFEBISI wrote: »
    MAFEBISI wrote: »
    Will not buy until all bugs are removed from game - ALL of them

There will probably never be a day where the game has *no* bugs at all. Sims 3 & sims 2 both still have some bugs that were never resolved.

The Sims 3 yes, but I've never seen a bug in The Sims 2. Only lightning bugs. :p

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2/The-Sims-2-Ultimate-Collection-Known-Issues-Please-read-first/td-p/3222129

These aren't bugs.. The Sims 2 was launched in 2004. Obviously TS2 will have graphic issues in some recent video cards.

Go into the sims 2 section on this forum and see for yourself - there is still plenty of bugs people are having.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • AUWoofieAUWoofie Posts: 186 Member
    I would like to buy it.... but i feel like i shouldn't.

My game takes like 1.5+ minutes plus to load, even when clearing cache. When i start a fresh family 20 secs.
    Plus i should see what actually included.....

Knowing me i probably buy it on the first day tho :(
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    I have no plans at the moment to buy this pack. Mostly b/c camping is something I am simply not interested in. That said, if too much time goes by and no other packs are released/announced or a really good sale is offered for this camping pack, I may reconsider. But right now I don't really play this game too often. I miss toddlers, I miss being able to place lots and build the way I want. For me there are just too many limitations to make this game really fun and interesting. But I am still here, watching and waiting for news to change my mind.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Marble9Marble9 Posts: 146 Member
    No, I am not buying it. Let's remember Vacation EP for The Sims 1. Three amazing locations: a beach, a forest and a mountain. Many interactions and activities. Now EA offers 1/3 of this EP. I'm waiting for complete EPs, not useless game packs. It's not a puzzle, it's a game. I'm sure there will be more than 100 game packs and we will get a broken gameplay in 2-3 years. I don't wanna support that.
    bc028f35.png
    Marble9 wrote: »
    No, I am not buying it. Let's remember Vacation EP for The Sims 1. Three amazing locations: a beach, a forest and a mountain. Many interactions and activities. Now EA offers 1/3 of this EP. I'm waiting for complete EPs, not useless game packs. It's not a puzzle, it's a game. I'm sure there will be more than 100 game packs and we will get a broken gameplay in 2-3 years. I don't wanna support that.

More than 100 game packs? That seems a little excessive lol
    WLfAA9V.png
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Maybe the number is a bit high but is it really far off the mark? How many sets and venues did the TS3 store pump out?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    edited January 2015

Maybe the number is a bit high but is it really far off the mark? How many sets and venues did the TS3 store pump out?

Definitely not 100
    WLfAA9V.png

Definitely not 100

I just took a look at the store and I realize that some content is duplicated so I just hit the high points.........but how is this for just a start....

11 worlds
    21 venues
    33 sets
    7 featured looks

......and that's here I stopped counting because I had already gotten to 72 items.

When you add in the smaller sets I didn't count and the individual items you could easily picture a awful lot of GPs because I think that's the way they are going to go this time.......GPs and EPs.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Buying.

Definitely not 100

I just took a look at the store and I realize that some content is duplicated so I just hit the high points.........but how is this for just a start....

11 worlds
    21 venues
    33 sets
    7 featured looks

......and that's here I stopped counting because I had already gotten to 72 items.

When you add in the smaller sets I didn't count and the individual items you could easily picture a awful lot of GPs because I think that's the way they are going to go this time.......GPs and EPs.

Yeah, I guess you're right- I never realized how many there were LOL and I bought almost all of them so :s

I keep forgetting that these are "game packs" and not EPs. Thats why I thought it was excessive, we've never had 100 EPs lol.

WLfAA9V.png
  • AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    No buy.
    Not until:

- Toddlers and pre-teens (or an overhaul of current teens)
    - Family Trees
    - Larger neighborhoods with more lots and lot sizes
    - Editable neighborhoods
    - A little more realistic sky
    - A user friendly recoloring tool
    - Less linear and more sandboxy game play
    - The return of Fears

Come on, EA! LISTENNNN.

If this came into Sims 4... goodbye, my social life.
    Let them eat cake.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Definitely not 100

11 worlds
    21 venues
    33 sets
    7 featured looks

The featured looks were for the most part just collections of items already in the store, with a few recolors -- they didn't add any new items to those, so I wouldn't really count those. And I'd be more likely to buy game packs that give actual game play (like this one) than one that's just mostly CASsets like clothing or hair (though if they had a set with more facial hair, especially mustaches, I'd pony up the $ for that B) ).

I'm interested in this pack, not just for the idea of vacationing but for the items that I'll be able to use in various ways. I can add a campfire pit to Willow Creek's park, and maybe set up a tent at Oasis Springs' park for quick naps while fishing. I have a few Loves the Outdoors Sims that will enjoy the activities. I'm sure there might be a game pack or several that I won't be interested in, so I just won't buy those.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SandBumblebeeSandBumblebee Posts: 76 Member
    I will be buying it, not having toddlers is no issues to me as am more into building. I like camping and fishing that was why I loved Adventure World.
  • KHarpoolKHarpool Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'll be buying! I'm a die-hard Sims fan and so far, I've been having a blast playing. There are so many fun little real life nuggets of joy in the Sims 4. (Like having your sim talk on the phone while using the bathroom. Come on, we've all done this!) I look forward to new content and discovering other little gems! :smile:
  • DiabolicalSimDiabolicalSim Posts: 108 Member
    Not buying for now.

I was going to but then I decided against it. I'd rather they fix the base game first. If I do decide to get it, I want to see some simmer reviews first, cause I don't trust nor have any faith in the game designers after I spent a load of cash on a base game that didn't have most of the features that I loved.
  • peppapig1993peppapig1993 Posts: 243 Member
    I probably will be buying, it looks like it could be fun to play. I may not get it straight off the bat though, may look at a couple of reviews first as it is money after all!

I do agree with the fact that the base game could have more to it, but I'm really enjoying playing it for the features it does have. It makes me play differently to how I used to due to the changes, such as no toddlers and/or different careers as well as the emotions and rewards. I personally haven't had any problems with my game on medium-ish settings *touch wood* even though I only play on dual core i5 with only Intel HD 3000 graphics - on a laptop. I don't tend to use mods or cc though.

I really like the idea of this one, I never really played World Adventures but enjoyed Bon Voyage bar its problems and it seems to have that kind of feel so I'm looking forward to seeing what they have come up with! :smiley:
    Origin ID: zobosims
  • ClareWithoutAnIClareWithoutAnI Posts: 23 Member
    Am I buying?
    Not right away.

I think the concept is nice but I'm waiting for review videos to pop up so I know if it's worth the money.

I'm also kind of hoping for a discount too, like what I got when I purchased the base game.

Definitely not 100

11 worlds
    21 venues
    33 sets
    7 featured looks

The featured looks were for the most part just collections of items already in the store, with a few recolors -- they didn't add any new items to those, so I wouldn't really count those..

I counted them because if you didn't have enough of the featured items you still had to pay for it. I know when they did the Villa Paraíso it would have cost me over 1,000 Sim points because I had never bought the hacienda set.

• Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Definitely buying it on release
    > @CK213 said:
    > No buy.
    > Not until:
    >
    > - Toddlers and pre-teens (or an overhaul of current teens)
    > - Family Trees
    > - Larger neighborhoods with more lots and lot sizes
    > - Editable neighborhoods
    > - A little more realistic sky
    > - A user friendly recoloring tool
    > - Less linear and more sandboxy game play
    > - The return of Fears

Editable neighborhoods, more than likely NOT with the new game engine and mechanics. If you mean the return of CASt and/or a color wheel, cannot happen, they would have to completely rewrite the entire game from scratch. And I guess you never played the Sims 3 either, because it never had fears.
    edited January 2015
    "> @Sc3niX said:
    > Sigzy05 wrote: »
    >
    > Terrylin wrote: »
    >
    > NOT!
    >
    > Until they make it to where I can either roll back patches or not patch as I please. Patches messed up my gameplay fixing bugs/glitches I didn't have. Forcing me to patch to get game content that shouldn't be in a patch to begin with. Quit shoving things down our throats and give us choices and options.
    > I can't even go back to when my game played half way decent!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Just disable the automatic updates on your origin client -.-
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Why should this simmer? They're supposed to release bug free games and patches don't blame her for EA's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up"

If people are going to complain about buggy games, then they should start with the Sims 3. The Sims 4 is a new game, and there are going to be a few bugs. The amount of bugs/glitches in the Sims 4 to amount of them in the Sims 3, is like comparing saturn to a medium sized asteroid.
  • burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    I wish I could say that I am buying it because I wish the game still entertained me but too much is missing. At this point I feel like it would be a waste of money. Maybe later if the game improves to the point that I can enjoy it again and hopefully then it will be on sale.
  • SophieDiddleSophieDiddle Posts: 578 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm tempted by new content and I like the theme but I just can't reward maxis with my money until some serious issues are sorted out first.

They can't continue to just put plasters on this, they need to fix it properly.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    > @CK213 said:<br />
    > No buy.<br />
    > Not until:<br />
    > <br />
    > - Toddlers and pre-teens (or an overhaul of current teens)<br />
    > - Family Trees<br />
    > - Larger neighborhoods with more lots and lot sizes<br />
    > - Editable neighborhoods<br />
    > - A little more realistic sky<br />
    > - A user friendly recoloring tool<br />
    > - Less linear and more sandboxy game play<br />
    > - The return of Fears<br />
    <br />
    Editable neighborhoods, more than likely NOT with the new game engine and mechanics. If you mean the return of CASt and/or a color wheel, cannot happen, they would have to completely rewrite the entire game from scratch. And I guess you never played the Sims 3 either, because it never had fears.

It looks like you are reaching to be argumentative.

When I say editable neighborhoods, all I mean is I can place lot plots--size and location.
    Unless you work on the Sims Team, or are an EA shill to pump up enthusiasm for this pack, who are you to say what can or cannot be done?

No, I do not mean the return of CASt.
    I mean a user friendly recoloring tool. Zerbu has already made a recoloring tool, so that at least can be done.

Why are you assuming I am referring to TS3 when I talk about fears? What does that have to do with wanting it TS4?
    Of course TS3 did not have fears. TS2 had fears. I wanted fears for TS3, I also wanted it for TS4?
    Since EA is focusing on Emotions for sims, it just makes more sense for this game.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds