Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Release Date

DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
I find it very odd that the new game pack, which is slated to release this week has no official release date. I would think we would have a solid date about a month ago, or at the very least 2 weeks prior to release. Is this a new trend in gaming or is this just happening among TS4?

This reminds me of how I felt left in the dark leading up to the base game release. If I remember correctly, the DLCs was released in the same manner. Is it too much to ask for clear release dates and cost in advance.

Part of it makes me feel like they are throwing things together under a soft deadline and they're hoping they get it together by the end of the week. But that would be just silly, right?
From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims

Comments

• Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    Agreed with everything you said. If it is coming out this week, it has to be finished. I am still not convinced that it is coming out this week. My game is still saying "next" week. I'm hoping for this week but I also marketing strategy very odd. Crossing fingers for today or Thursday. :)
  • Options
    I'm not too confident with it still saying "Next Week" in my game. I guess we shall see.
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    becstar732becstar732 Posts: 265 Member
    It's just getting Rediculous!!!
  • Options
    luv2playluv2play Posts: 67 Member
    I also think it's very strange that we've gotten such limited info so far & still no release date. In the past we always had plenty of notice when a new expansion or even stuff pack was coming out and we also would get pictures of things that were going to be in the pack and they just keep dragging it out giving us just a little trickle of info here and there. I really wish it could be like it was before with the info
    [img][/img]c9dbc58d-e591-4a16-aeba-ce93424ccded_zpsab9d1d8d.jpg

origin id: Luv2play24
  • Options
    HeyItsTashieeHeyItsTashiee Posts: 172 Member
    At least if I had a date, I can relax a bit...im constantly checking for news and nothing. So frustrating. It does seem rather odd that we don't have a date considering it will be released this week?
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    It is strange that we do not hear anything. You would think that they would be posting it everywhere like when things were coming for Sims 3, it gave you more excitement hearing, seeing and reading about what is coming. Now it is so silent, it makes you wonder why.
    No date, (and it is suppose to come out this week, very strange) not many pictures, not much word. You know the old saying, "what is wrong with this picture". yea, what is wrong?
    Maybe they want to surprise us. Or because there is so much negativity about everything that they do, they do not want to post anything until it is out. I guess in one way I could agree and in another way not.
  • Options
    Pools were a nice surprise. Ghost were a nice surprise. Holiday decorations were a nice surprise.
    I'm over the surprises right now.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I think the new pack will release today, when they announce the Trailer. My guess is that Gamepacks will replace Store Content. And as you know, Store Content didn't have much information when announced, it was released mid-day, the recent patches have been released mid-day (in my timezone ofc), we didn't get trailers for the patches for the Sims 4 such as Pools and Ghosts until it released. And we all know that EA/Maxis likes to release things on Tuesdays. So it's an %80 chance it will be released today.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    This is odd for the EA sales force not to do a big Twitch sales pitch to increase sales.So either they ran into issues with Sims 4 first DLC or they don't want to show us how limited this DLC has turned out to be.
  • Options
    Bet you it'll come out next week, not this week.
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    Not sure what the point is of teasing us and not giving us dates unless they really do not have it together and ready to go yet. To create anticipation? Nah... not so much. Just irritating IMHO. If I had a date for the download, I could plan to have money in my account to pay for it. If I am expecting it one week and it does not come, I may choose to spend my cash on something fun in the NOW then EA can wait for their cash from me.

AND if their target audience is "young teens" I do not know any who like this teasing bit either... they KNOW when the games they want and expansions are coming out and have wheedled money in advance from their parents (I know... I have teens) and often prepaid so they get it on the day.
  • Options
    Gets released in half an hour