Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Exspansion Packs

I'm not going to lie I'm not liking the look of GP for Outdoor Retreat as you don't seem to get much for your money considering an actual expansion pack will probably only be £10 more for a lot more content.
just wondering if anyone knows anything about if/ when they will actually release an EP or are they just going to do Game packs and stuff pack for the Sims 4?
also what do people want to see in EP'S? just a thought but out of everything the could have chosen for a GP camping is the only one I'm not remotely interested in.
why couldn't they have done supernatural theme or celebrity's, anything other than camping :( or just something with more permanent game play.

the Sims 4 is a great game all the bugs and glitches aside but its not very sandbox compared to the sims 3 i loved the generations and ambitions EP'S because they added so much more to the game play in general.

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Did you know it has 3 neighborhoods AND there is a category forum just for the topic of OR
  • sofisky123sofisky123 Posts: 88 Member
    I understand that but everything iv heard about the gp just is not appealing to me. admittedly camping isn't something i would have bought for the sims 3 either.
    I would prefer having more game play with what we already have than 3 new neighbourhoods. what's the point in a few new building if it is essentially the same playable content with different scenery?
    I miss open careers and world adventure like gameplay. or being able to do more stuff in general like going to the beach or having pets, apartments, celebrity, supernatural i had all the eps for the sims 3 and i can honestly say there is not a single on i disliked due to the game play content, options and social menus.
    the sims 4 is great but they do need more stuff in it for me to play i bought the game on the day it was released and iv only actuality clocked 62 hours on it. because once you've done something once its done the same way every time there is no verity.
    I'm not going do a pros and cons list for either game as they both have there advantages and disadvantages.
    but i need more options, its annoying that sims get up,eat, go to work, work on skills, eat, bathroom breaks, then sleep and do it all over again day in day out regardless of the career choices.
    from what iv been seeing outdoor retreat doesn't offer that.
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    You do realize this is a new game, right? There hasn't been enough time for them to make and release EP's yet.
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    sofisky123 wrote: »
    I'm not going to lie I'm not liking the look of GP for Outdoor Retreat as you don't seem to get much for your money considering an actual expansion pack will probably only be £10 more for a lot more content.<br />
    just wondering if anyone knows anything about if/ when they will actually release an EP or are they just going to do Game packs and stuff pack for the Sims 4?<br />
    also what do people want to see in EP'S? just a thought but out of everything the could have chosen for a GP camping is the only one I'm not remotely interested in.<br />
    why couldn't they have done supernatural theme or celebrity's, anything other than camping :( or just something with more permanent game play.<br />
    <br />
    the Sims 4 is a great game all the bugs and glitches aside but its not very sandbox compared to the sims 3 i loved the generations and ambitions EP'S because they added so much more to the game play in general.

Your arrogance frustrates me.
    Aussie_Simmer
    edited January 2015
    Its not that new its been out for 4-5 months and it would be nice to know if they are at least working on it.
    they gave us ghosts and pools and 3 new careers yet the game still feels incomplete somehow. I get new game new graphics and stuff but still they could have done more to improve before releasing the base game. I can't explain the game just feels limited in what you can do. all the careers are essential the same. you get up go to work and sleep no variety.

I understand it take time to make and release games but at the same time from what I'm seeing of outdoor retreat you can go camping and its good for people that like doing the collections or gardening.
    I guess yes it depends on the game play of each person as to there likes and preferences on weather they will like the game pack I'm just pointing out its not for me and enquiring if/when they would possible release and actual EP.
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    You do know that
    The only beef i have with The Sims 4 early on its current lifespan...
    Is that it doesnt add Durian Fruits
    And frankly it is needed. Also in the forums.
    To hurl it at people and trolls alike whom cant seem to grasp that this game is still fairly new and that if you dislike the GP then dont buy it. But dont hate it when it hasnt even been released yet.

And frankly.
    I am just
    Sick
    Of
    Sparkly
    Vampires

I have no intention of buying I was just asking if anyone knew or heard if there was/is going to be any expansion packs in the future. I'm not saying anything bad about people that want to buy it as I said its all about how you play the game as to if you will play the new GP.
    I do not need or want that content I was simply asking if there would be other content any time soon weather GP or EP as this one holds no intrust to me.
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I'm waiting for anyone response before getting it which is what I was supposed to do when the sims 3 showtime EP come out.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I hope there are EPs, but I really want toddlers and family tree patched in before deciding on doing further purchases for the Sims 4. For the fifteen years I've been playing the games, I have never bought a single GP or SP, so that won't change. I do like EPs though. I budget myself to 3-4 EPs per series. University, vacation, business, and pets appeal to me the most.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    yeah but i did love island paradise when it was working :) mermaids were a cool addition to the series university is epic, they would have to be idiots not to bring it back lol
  • weebl_101weebl_101 Posts: 101 Member
    Game Packs are not replaving anything, Expansions and Stuff Packs will still be made.. They are an addition for the series. Game Packs will be comprised of features that can not make a expansion pack, stuff that the developers want to see added. If you don't like them you don't have to buy them...
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    Actually a lot of people had been asking for camping before the sims 3 store closed. I for one am excited for the pack, I love outdoorsy stuff and think the new world is beautiful! Plus my legacy sims could use a vacation!

All that aside I'm pretty sure we're going to be getting our first EP in March or April. I just hope they do more advertising for it then they have for this.. I also am thinking GP's could replace stuff packs because when someone asked them there answer was "no comment" and we all know what that means! I'd be ok with that since the GP's are the same price but seem to come more fleshed out then the SP's and if we don't get a store I'll be ok with that too..

I hope we get some news on an EP once the GP gets released this week. It could bring everyone's spirits up!

- Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited January 2015
    From what I've heard, gamepacks will replace store and then we will have EPs. Not heard a for sure on SPs; I personally hope that SPs are not made any longer as $20 for a few clothing items seemed a huge waste to me. They did add to them around Katy Perry Sweet Treats and after.
    Not sure why people are against the camping GP. New skill, new aspiration, new foods, new hairstyles, new clothes, new items, Ranger Station store, 3 neighborhoods, and much more. Who knows what will be added to build/buy with the new housing. All of this can be added to our existing houses/neighborhoods if we choose.

I expect between the fix for the Dec. patch and the new set that people will be so surprised at how much $20 gets them when you consider how much we spent on stuff packs and store stuff. Also, EPs have always been around $40 in S3, so the price is right for this mini-EP as I like to call it. There are confirmed lists on the forum for that Game Pack if you look down past all the other S4 forums. :)
  • LollipopGamesLollipopGames Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2015
    There is some speculation that the next expansion pack could be an active careers expansion! There's a video from Iron Seagull on YouTube (Sorry for no link, but it says I'm not able to for some reason) it's called,

"The Sims 4 Info/Thoughts: Active Careers is Our First Expansion? Outdoor Retreat Trailer Soon!"

(Just copy and paste that into YouTube and it should come up!) (Without the quotation marks, but I'm sure you know that already :)

This is completely speculation, there's no official word on it, but it sounds very interesting. :)

(Sorry for not answering your main question about when the next expansion will come out, but I'm sure it won't be too long of a wait)
    Post edited by LollipopGames on
    hope its not too long as i am excited to see what else the game will have to offer over future months