Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Wanna Live In Granite Falls!

Ever since Riverview got old way back when, I've wanted a world just like this one. Sparsely populated, up in the mountains, casual feel. The sort of place where flannels are considered formal wear, and hiking in the national forest is practically an official sport.

Of course, it's already been announced that, while you can camp in Granite Falls, shop there, and even rent a cabin, and even stay indefinitely, you can't officially live there.

*sigh* Maybe someone will make a mod.
Kickin' back in Sulani.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I'm sure a mod wull be made.
  • GoldpuffleGoldpuffle Posts: 1,872 Member
    I know :( I really want to live in a place like Granite Falls. Make an old married couple, have their lives be filled with newspaper reads and cups of tea (If there were newspapers), living up in the mountains where they can hike, bike maybe. It's peace full in the mountains.
  • twilight_aerithtwilight_aerith Posts: 653 Member
    I also really want to live there. I wish that it was the size of the current neighbourhood though... and the current ones were bigger... :/
    Origin ID: Samerella
  • Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member
    > @Goldpuffle said:
    > I know :( I really want to live in a place like Granite Falls. Make an old married couple, have their lives be filled with newspaper reads and cups of tea (If there were newspapers), living up in the mountains where they can hike, bike maybe. It's peace full in the mountains.

I want a pair of newlyweds, really close with nature, going hiking and kayaking on the weekends. I want Sims that wear flannel and sandals, eat granola, and have a garden with a bigger footprint than their house. I want them to live in a log cabin, with an amazing view off the back deck. I'd love it if we could have deer and rabbits threatening the garden, and raccoons getting in the trashcans, and even bears here and there, but I know we'll have to wait for all those things.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    If EA doesn't read all the threads and change it themselves, then I am sure that someone will make a mod (as has already been mentioned).

I have actually been going back and forth about buying this pack. I thought I might wait to see if EA changes their minds and allows us to live there, and if not then I will wait to see if a mod comes out. If either of those two happen I will likely buy it. If not then I don't know if I will.
    @Caitie85‌ Just the thought of that made my heart light up like a christmas tree! Gameplay in the woods is probably amazing but whats the point if you can't live in the woods?
    @‌Ashkevron Yes I have been back and forth with the new "Gamepack" and have been wondering about buying it. I really want EA to give us another world, not a vacation one. Hopefully someone will give a mod, I am hoping so, if EA doesn't change their mind. But I doubt they will since it comes out next week.
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    Goldpuffle wrote: »
    @‌Ashkevron Yes I have been back and forth with the new "Gamepack" and have been wondering about buying it. I really want EA to give us another world, not a vacation one. Hopefully someone will give a mod, I am hoping so, if EA doesn't change their mind. But I doubt they will since it comes out next week.

I am hoping that it was supposed to be released at Christmas and then they saw how everyone was upset it wasn't a real world and so delayed it to fix it....yeah I know that is not realistic...but I still hope.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Living there kind of defeats the purpose of going on a vacation.
    Living there kind of defeats the purpose of going on a vacation.

Sort of. Somebody's gotta live there, if nothing else than to run the cash register at the gift shop. (At least in real life. In sims' life, the game just spawns townies.) And, honestly, I promise, just because you live there doesn't mean that you don't want to camp on a lot next neighborhood over, a little deeper in the woods. Trust me, I live in a place like Granite Falls in real life. Just because you can see the mountains from your back yard, and have deer traipsing through there, and maybe even have a black bear or two show up, doesn't mean that you don't appreciate hitting up the national park for a picnic now and then.

And, even if you do, you can use the camping stuff in other worlds, as well. You get tired of woods and waterfalls, go camping in Oasis Springs.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Think of the horror actually living there, load screens, your body glitching, reaching the edge of the game world and falling off :dizzy_face:
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I would like to live there too. I'm going to try to find a way.
    fullspiral wrote: »

You and me both, Spiral! Tell you what; you find a way, you tell me, and I'll return the favor! ;)
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Caitie85 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »

You and me both, Spiral! Tell you what; you find a way, you tell me, and I'll return the favor! ;)

Sounds good to me! thumbs_up_smiley.gif

• RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    Think of the horror actually living there, load screens, your body glitching, reaching the edge of the game world and falling off :dizzy_face:

Load screens are still faster than driving. And I would love to be able to change my body that easily and have so much clothing.

• kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    I want to live there too and I thought we could for some reason, so I'm sad!
  • FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    This and the small size is a turnoff for me. But I didn't expect too much for the price tag, either. :)
  • Ebonyrose3Ebonyrose3 Posts: 6 New Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸, I was all set to buy this, but I really wanted my sims to be able to live there. I love playing the hermit in the woods character. :( I really hope someone makes a mod, if not I think I will give this one a miss.
  • Ebonyrose3Ebonyrose3 Posts: 6 New Member
    Plum! Rofl