Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 times the FUN! A Randomacy ~ NEW Chapter, 9.11

ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
Better late than never!

Back in November 2014, tanubanue and I decided to do the Random Legacy Challenge TOGETHER! That means we take the SAME Founders, place them in the SAME world and see what happens in our respective games. Sound fun, right?! It is!!!

EDIT: February, 2016
Due to a number of game-related computer issues **crash! glitches! try to save! move family to another town & recover some of the lost game! more crashing! more glitches! game save becomes corrupted and unplayable!** tanubanue ended her portion of the co-play. :'(

What is a Random Legacy? Glad you asked.
Please go to Random Legacy Challenge and check it out!

After MUCH discussion (in a short amount of time!)...
We decided to play in Riverview.

Time to EDIT TOWN!
Game lots we are using - placed either automatically by the game or by us:
Aleister's Elixirs and Sundries (250 Cotton Branch Drive)
Barney's Salon and Tattoo (225 Cotton Branch Drive)
Community Fire Department (1060 Dogwood Lane)
Flying V's Coffeehouse (15 Hidden Grove Lane)
Grady's Junkstop (275 Cotton Branch Drive)
Landgraab Sell n' Swap (303 Cypress Lane)
Performance Park (10 Hidden Grove Lane)
Varg's Tavern (across the street from 45 Hidden Grove Lane), added a 40x40 lot via World Editor

Store venues we are using:
Business as Usual Bistro (1047 Dogwood Lane)
Deliciously Indulgent Bakery (1067 Dogwood Lane)
The Century Manor Then - the pretty one! (added a 40x40 lot via World Editor on Bounty Drive; next to lot containing Wonderland Amusement Park)

Exchange lots:
Please refer to Links for a listing and more information on each lot.

tanubanue sent over (via email) a couple of Sims, Nichol Reiley and Zachary Snyder.

We are going to do our best to follow the rules/guidelines but want this to be a really fun adventure for both of us so if in doubt about any rule or something that comes up DURING game-play, we will discuss and make a "judgement call" together.

Okay,
Founders found, check.
World decided upon, check.
Lots added, check.
Selected the starter house, check. We chose Tish Cottage at 27 Lost Willow Road.
Rolls for Founders (Generation 1) done, check.
Time to get going!
A little bit of play occurred and we would text or email stuff we just HAD to share :)

**brakes applied and tires slightly squeal in protest**
We then had to take a wee break due to co-hosting the Homemade Holiday Gift Exchange as well as enjoying the Christmas and New Year's holidays.

Now we are back playing/enjoying this co-adventure and think it is time to share some of it with all of you!
Please read and enjoy (hopefully!) :D

July 7, 2017
ETA: With the recent Photobucket change in TOS, as many of you are aware of (having experienced it yourselves!), images have been replaced with a stock "click this link, pay $400 a year, and you can have your pictures shared on forum threads and other areas again" image.

Sharing pictures of Sim creations, stories, whatever else I do in my Sims games on these forums as well as my blog is something I enjoy and am willing to pay for ... but not as such a hefty fee. Actually, it's beyond hefty in my opinion! If I was a business generating some sort of revenue, I would be fine with paying a higher professional fee, but this is done just for fun and $400 a year takes the fun out of it.

Blog images: Photobucket images are intact as of now, but I will be removing those and replacing them with Wordpress ones uploaded directly from my computer.

Forum images: Will figure out another method for sharing them or at the very least, leave a link to another image storage systems such as imgur or whatnot. Still researching my options.
Post edited by ADWilson on

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited July 2017
    file36649.jpg

Please look at the previous post if you're interested in knowing how this ball of sheer FUN got started!

Links
    Tanu's Welcome Message

Addy's Game:
    Chapters can be found here:
    Have I Got A Story For You!

Happy Reading!!!

flower-border-2.jpg

Tanu's Game:
    Family Tree
    Siblings

Founders (Generation 1)
    Rules & Guidelines
    Love at First Sight
    How Did I Do?

Generation 2
    Story of Rorie
    Rorie Sets her Sights on Shang Simla
    Rorie and Wei

Generation 3
    Jasper's Arrival and a Departure
    A Founder's Passing
    Jasper's Childhood
    Jasper's Teen Years
    Jasper's Teen Years, continued
    Jasper Makes A Decision
    Jasper's University Years
    Jasper Finishes University
    Jasper's Surprise

Generation 4
    One Plus One
    Way Too Fast
    Childhood
    A Visit from Aunt Hannah
    Changes Are Coming
    Be Careful What You Wish For
    Unconditionally
    The Snyder's Move
    New Home, New Life
    Jenna Sets Her Sights
    Jenna Enlists Help
    The Talk of a Lifetime
    Bits and Pieces and Growing Up
    Bits and Pieces and Growing Up Continued
    Growing Up
    A Sister's Decision
    And Jaci Makes Four
    The Family Grows
    Into Five
    A Party Missed
    Wanna Build a Snowman?

Note: While posting these links, I immediately noticed that I show my heir, Kayla, moving over to "official" Generation 2 postings after she graduates from high school and Tanu has her heir, Rorie, listed as Generation 2 from the get-go and posted accordingly. I think it is just a personal matter of preference. :)

EDIT: February, 2016
    Due to a number of game-related computer issues **crash! glitches! try to save! move family to another town & recover some of the lost game! more crashing! more glitches! game save becomes corrupted and unplayable!** tanubanue ended her portion of the co-play. :'(
    edited January 2015
    Learner%20Driver%20Links%20Block.jpg
    Both Tanu and Addy placed these builds in their respective games that take place in the town of Riverview.

Please look
    rec <-- VERY important!
    and possibly download or add to favorites.
    Thanks!!!

I Do Do you by tanubanue
    roof_up_original.jpg
    Download HERE!
    Added a 40x40 lot via World Editor; next to 3 Ely Court & roughly across street/shifted a wee bit over from 200 Ely Road

Old Farm Garden Centre by elanorbreton
    roof_up_original.jpg
    Download HERE!
    Placed at 750 Old Farm Road

Paw Spaw by ADWilson
    roof_up_original.jpg
    Download HERE!
    Replaced 30 Hidden Grove Lane (40x30) with a 40x40 lot via World Editor

Social Bunny Daycare by elanorbreton
    roof_up_original.jpg
    Download HERE!
    Placed at 451 Riverview Road

The Gazebo by elanorbreton
    roof_up_original.jpg
    Download HERE!
    Replaced EA made, The Gazebo, at 1 Old Main Road

Wonderland Amusement Park by Tiki5872
    roof_up_original.jpg
    Download HERE!
    Added a 64x64 lot via World Editor; next to 180 Bounty Drive

Addy also added:
    Vicmore Manor by ciane
    roof_up_original.jpg
    Download HERE!
    So... after The Split ( a 40x 30 lot at 223 Cotton Branch Drive) became available, I knew the lot was the PERFECT size for this absolutely SIMTASTIC house! Called the local branch of S.🐸🐸🐸🐸. and asked if someone could assist with re-location of the entire house. They were kind enough to refer me to a company that could do the job & do it right. Every bit of The Split was carefully moved to its new home at 45 Hidden Grove Lane.

Tanu also added:
    Addy & Tanu's Delight by cmbaker16
    roof_up_original.jpg
    Download HERE!

edited August 2019
    Addy's Game:
    family-tree.jpg

It got to be cumbersome with such a large family so I ended up removing it.
    edited August 2019
    Addy's Game:
    Siblings_Opening_Titles.jpg

This, like Family Tree, was removed due to being big and not very pretty looking.
    edited December 2017
    Addy's Game:

FOUNDERS (Generation 1)
    Using the App found on the Random Legacy Challenge website, my rolls are...

Family Structure: Step Children
    Zachary (witch) will marry Nichol Reiley (human) and adopt her toddler Nikki Reiley.
    Nikki was created in CAS.

Number of Children: 2
    Nikki counts as one. So time for them to get together and have a baby!

"House Rules":
    Tanu & I decided that only a biological child would be heir.
    Added Jan 10, 2015 - We agreed that the firstborn will be heir. Makes it easy when there are several children!
    Our reasoning ~ We want to compare the genetics of each generation when they start from the same original couple. Obviously we are playing our game differently due to individual random rolls and are selecting different mates, but we're still curious to see if certain genes carry over. I'm hoping that Nichol's pretty pointy ears do!

Addy adds additional "House Rules" to her game:
    With Perfect Children (see below), birth results in random traits and then traits are picked at each life stage. I decided to keep this momentum going with ALL of my Heirs and their resulting children.

Applicable Friends/Helpers/Partners/Spouses who move in with the heir will keep whatever traits they arrive with. LTW and favorites can be changed by purchasing them via LTR.

Careers
    Zach - Alchemist
    Nichol - Politician

"House Rules":
    Tanu & I will not be repeating careers. That means no more alchemists or politicians for any of my future Sims, yay!

Generational Goal: Perfect Children
    Yikes! Right off the bat, I get a challenge.

At birth, random traits. Choose from then onward.
    Max toddler & child toys -> peg box, xylophone, toy oven & play table.
    Read all 9 toddler skill books.

With Generations, children enroll in After School Activity & max it.
    Teens enroll in After School Class OR get a PT Job and max it.
    Teens learn to drive.

NO Boarding School!

Miscellaneous Fun: Hands Off
    Can't use mouse to move inventory items, clean up laundry/dishes, put newspaper in trash, etc.
    Career items must be sold in the Consignment Store or at the appropriate rabbit-hole.

Additional "House Rules" in my game:
    Since playing with Aging On is not what I typically do, I gave myself more time with my Sims than Tanu did (she is a pro at living SimLife to its fullest!). Baby - 2 days; Toddler - 6 days; Child - 7 days; Teen - 9 days; YA & Adult - 23 days each; Elder 5 days. A total of 75 SimDays, compared to her 77 SimDays. I might regret this as my game drags on and on LOL

We both said we want a family graveyard on our individual properties. I plan to keep the ghost of any Sim who is living IN the house (via the results of the random rolls) in the family plot.
    Gen 1: Founder & Spouse; Gen 2: Heir & Spouse; and so on based on the rolls I get.
    edited July 2017
    Addy's Game:
    The time is right! The time is now!
    Zach had been setting a few simoleons aside here & there in order to buy an engagement ring and wedding bands. Since they were still fairly new to Riverview and didn’t know a lot of people, he thought a private wedding would be best. All that mattered was that he had his two favorite girls by his side.

While Nichol was at work, he would put Nikki in her stroller and check out various places to find the perfect location. And… he found it!

To continue reading, please go to
    edited July 2017
    Pictures do indeed tell a story/capture a moment of time and some of them are quite lengthy in their telling LOL

memories_facebook_cover-t2.jpg
    are located here
    edited July 2017
    MORE

As soon as Kayla grew into toddlerhood, the family spent an afternoon at the Winter Festival to celebrate this wonderful moment when Zach can once again spend hours in the children's section at their local library and have similar memories such as those lovely afternoons of bonding with Nikki over a book.

edited July 2017
    And even more

Johnnie and Nikki seem to be quite happy together. No messages popping up regarding public arguments or worse. Whew! Waiting to see the one about them adding a bundle of joy to their household...

They adopt a dog and name her Ladybug. And we are still waiting...

Meanwhile...

edited June 2017
    It is time! Time to...
    Roll, baby, roll!

Founders (Generation 1)
    Family Structure: Step Children ~ yes
    Number of Children: 2 ~ yes
    Careers: Alchemist and Politician
    At the time Kayla ages into YA,
    1) Zach (Alchemist) is an Alchemy Artisan - L10
    2) Nichol (Politician) is the Governor - L8 (and well on her way to obtaining L9, Vice President)
    Generational Goal: Perfect Children ~ yes
    Miscellaneous Fun: Hands Off ~ yes

I consider Generation 1 to be a success!

Edit to add: By the time Zach and Nichol died, BOTH had achieved L10 in their respective careers and achieved their LTW.
    edited July 2017
    Tanu's Game:
    Planting-a-Family-Tree-for-Parents-Day-%E2%80%93-iPhone-and-iPad-Genealogy-Apps.jpeg

Pictures will be found within her chapters.
    edited August 2019
    Tanu's Game:

Pictures will be found within her chapters.
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited January 2015
    Hi everyone! :) I've tried several times to do a legacy before and tried to stick to it. (Really I have!) But somehow I haven't always kept them going after a few generations. So when Addy also expressed an interest in doing one I thought it was the perfect opportunity for us to do it together and keep each other motivated and keep it fun!

Doing the legacy in the same town with the same founders started us out at the same spot and also gave us the added fun of seeing how each set of founders families evolved and won't it be cool to see if our generation 10's look at all similar?

Thanks Addy for starting this thread and giving us a fun spot to tell our stories both apart and together. This is going to be a lot of fun!!!
    Post edited by tanubanue on
    edited January 2015
    My Founders (Generation 1) Roll was ~

Couple
    One Child
    Private Investigator
    Professional Sports Career
    Perfect Careers
    Joker

Now may also be a good time to say that I have also talked to Addy and she and I have 'adopted' a few of our own rules. Like she said above we want this to be fun and enjoyable for us to play. Addy's may differ slightly.

We will keep the last name of Snyder throughout the Legacy.
    I will keep the ghost of Zach, who is the founder, and all heirs on the property.
    Ages in this game are set as follows ~ baby 2 days, child 4 days, teen 6 days, teen 6 days, young adult 28 days, adult 21 days, and elder 10 days.
    Traits ~ I will choose if I need them for certain rolls but others must be random. I can change traits with a mod only if they need to be for a roll to be fulfilled.
    Rerolling ~ No rerolls for rolls one or two at all ever. No job will ever be repeated.
    edited February 2015
    My game with Zach and Nichol started as follows ~

For Zach and Nichol it was pretty much Love at first sight!

2yod9he.jpg

and of course there was a Sim Goddess out there somewhere who kept throwing them together in awkward situations until they finally figured out that they would belong together because that is just the way it would be! :p

To tell you a bit about them Zach is a neurotic slob who is very disciplined, loves music, and is a genius. Nichol is a witch (no, no an actual witch! lol ) Zach says she's a great kisser. She is also athletic, nurturing, artistic, and has a super high IQ.

So anyway. They moved in together and at first things didn't go so well ~

fwj9jo.jpg

But after some hard work and some promotions on both of their parts ~

5wwbaf.jpg

They had saved up enough money to buy him a suit at the second hand store and to buy her a simple white dress. They went to the Church in their community to quietly say their vows, while Zach silently vowed to work harder to give her a wonderful life ~

2drti54.jpg

243283t.jpg

2mga5jp.jpg

Some of the local townspeople stopped to wish them a Happy life together ~

ohsfw1.jpg

At least they thought they wanted them to be happy although most of them were crying! Oh well time to kiss the bride and start this legacy!

10nfd4o.jpg

Even though Zach and Nichol worked very hard most of their young adult lives ~

j97fut.jpg

They also found time to have a lot of fun with each other!!

2mhczt5.jpg
    edited July 2015
    I would like to keep this spot for Posting how I did at the end of each Generation as far as whether or not each roll was satisfied.

1. Roll Number One ~ Founding Generation ~ Zach and Nichol

Couple ~ Zach and Nichol
    One Child ~ A daughter, Rorie
    Private Investigator ~ Level 10
    Professional Sports ~ Level 10
    Perfect Careers ~ Achieved
    Joker ~ Chose Not to Use

2. Roll Number Two ~ Second Generation ~ Rorie and Wei

Couple ~ Rorie and Wei
    Two Children ~ Jasper and Hannah
    Vocalist ~ Level 10
    Freelance Scientist ~ Wei Passed Away Early On
    Perfectionist ~ Rorie level 10 singer
    Hidden Heritage ~ Asian Heritage Trait

3. Roll Number Three ~ Third Generation ~ Jasper

Single Parent ~ Jasper
    Three Children ~ Jenna (Jase), Jaci, and Jamila (all half siblings accept for Jenna and Jase who are twins
    Culinary Career ~ Level 10
    No Secondary Career
    Opportunist ~ I fulfilled all but one opportunity Jasper had and that involved traveling when the family didn't have funds
    Half Siblings ~ Jenna and Jase were twins born to the first Mom , second child Jaci was born due to an abduction, third half sibling was Jamila who was an evil well child. Therefore at least three children are half siblings with no mother living in the household.

4. Roll Number Four ~ Fourth Generation ~ Jenna

Couple ~ Jenna and Owen
    Two Children ~ Ava
    Military
    Rock Star
    A Party to Remember
    Gourmet
    :) Last one
    edited December 2017
    Whew! A LOT of work has been done thus far but I am a long ways from being done. Please feel free to continue peeking (if you want!), but kindly refrain from posting at this time.

It is 11 PM and I have been up since 6 AM, so it has been a really long day for me. Have to get up at 6 again tomorrow... time to call it a night.
    Plan to get more done tomorrow.

Night!

Remember, until told otherwise...
    NO posting!
    Made a bit more progress today, still loads more to do. However I shall declare this to be an...
    open-thread_medium.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Open thread means we can post now, right?

I LOVE it! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing. I look forward to stopping in and seeing what's happening.

You've set it up great, of course!
    ciane wrote: »

Right! YAY for being our 1st post!!!
    I LOVE it! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing. I look forward to stopping in and seeing what's happening.

Thank YOU for your kind words. I'm smiling right now.
    None of this would have been possible without Tanu. I'm also looking forward to seeing what's happening because nothing is truly planned in our game. LOVE that!

We look forward to seeing you too!! So far our games have been a lot of fun! So hopefully there will be some fun and surprising moments to share! :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Well, I did enjoy the "surprise" of boxer shorts on the guest at the wedding with the suit jacket on! :smiley:
    Well, I did enjoy the "surprise" of boxer shorts on the guest at the wedding with the suit jacket on! :smiley:

LOL!! I'm so happy you noticed that! If you liked that wedding you will just love the next one! :D
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Ohhh awesome I am really looking forward to both legacies Addy and Tanu and seeing your stories! :D
    FEvr1sR.gif