Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 Players, What Did You Do With Darren Dreamer and Cassandra?

Comments

• ClattieClattie Posts: 39 Member
    > @SpradaciSproj said:
    > gayars wrote: »
    >
    > Pull out your neighborhoods out of sims 2 folder in your documents folder to your desktop, run the game, and it will generate all new neighborhoods. You can swap back and forth as much as you please. I actually have 2 sims 2 folders in my documents, I just add a 2 to the one I am not playing atm.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That worked. Thank you so much!

I'm so glad that worked for you! Next time I'll try that method because it sounds much easier than the way I've been doing it. Thanks @gayars!
  • SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Clattie wrote: »
    > @SpradaciSproj said:<br />
    > gayars wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > Pull out your neighborhoods out of sims 2 folder in your documents folder to your desktop, run the game, and it will generate all new neighborhoods. You can swap back and forth as much as you please. I actually have 2 sims 2 folders in my documents, I just add a 2 to the one I am not playing atm.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > That worked. Thank you so much!<br />
    <br />
    I'm so glad that worked for you! Next time I'll try that method because it sounds much easier than the way I've been doing it. Thanks @gayars!

Thank you again for your help. :) I love that people still play Sims 2! I started again when I got the UC on Origin since I had registered it all. I'm having such a wonderful time playing it again!
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I wanted to add that things that used to be under ea are now under origin games with the ultimate collection, in program files. For instance, my programs address to get to the sims 2 ultimate collection is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
  • ClattieClattie Posts: 39 Member
    > @gayars said:
    > I wanted to add that things that used to be under ea are now under origin games with the ultimate collection, in program files. For instance, my programs address to get to the sims 2 ultimate collection is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

I've heard that, but I have the UC from Origin and my files are in the EA directory and not Origin. I wonder if it's because I had the disc version installed before downloading the UC (which I uninstalled completely prior to installing UC).
  • gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Your program files too not just the documents? My documents are under Ea. That is weird but I have heard that programs leave small remnants behind maybe that is why.
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    I never played Darren Dreamer much, though I should. Cassandra got one heck of a makeover!
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I only realized that yesterday when reading the descriptions. I married Casandra and Don and they have a little girl named, Bella. Mortimer died on her birthday :'( And they have bigfoot living with them.

I've been having fun playing premades ^^
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I like all the alternate realities.
    I know that I played it out different ways. At least once, Cassandra married Don. But I too thought that Don was a better fit with Nina. And I did think that Darren was the better man for Cassie. I let Dina marry Mortimer after Cassie had moved out. Alexander did not like Dina much at first, but I always made them friends over time.
  • Pensacola2010Pensacola2010 Posts: 229 Member
    I had Don marry Cassandra and they had two girls. He was cheating on her with Nina and eventually Cassandra divorced him. He is now living with Nina (since he triple bolted with her) but have no plans to marry or have children (they do not roll these wants). The girls spend the weekends at Don's (I use "make selectable") often and Cassandra stalks the house while they are there. He rebuilt Nina's house using the money from the divorce settlement to add a bedroom and private bathroom for the girls. He even had a playground installed.

I'm not sure what will happen to Cassandra as she only has two bolts with Darren (same as Don). Hopefully, she'll find someone before she gets too old (I reset their age so many times, this could take real life years).
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited January 2015
    In my "canon" games, I always make Don marry Cassandra. Then they have twin boys, and they always look a lot like their dad.

In a past game, I cheated and resurrected Darleen using the phone. She and Darren had a daughter. Then I killed her as an elder when I got bored, before restarting Pleasantview. In my current game, Darleen remains dead and Darren is over Cass. All he has is Dirk, Lilith, and his grandson.

I created an alternate Pleasantview though, and here Darren marries Cassandra, who is pregnant with Don's child. Don had a falling out with all his girlfriends because they all caught him cheating, and he ends up marrying Malcolm Landgraab. Then he sleeps with Dina one last time before fully committing to Malcolm and becoming a Fortune sim. But Dina also ends up pregnant, and she's bound to marry Mortimer soon. In my head, she's just going to tell Mortimer it's his.

I have to admit that my alternate timeline can be fun in its own way.

Also, these are the twins, Nicholas and Benjamin. Cass and Don make handsome kids. :D
    2uhbwbc.jpg
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • MsMidolUSAMsMidolUSA Posts: 328 Member
    I always have Don leave Cassandra at the alter. Then my rule is first male Sim to walk by she has to marry him. (It has been the Goopster many times) Darren I use the crystal ball and find him a perfect mate. A lot of times it is one of the Island vacation girls.
  • GalacticTides52GalacticTides52 Posts: 55 Member
    edited September 2022
    Post edited by GalacticTides52 on
    No longer active here. Deleted my posts and comments where possible for privacy.
  • Tadster91Tadster91 Posts: 66 Member
    I had this great Pleasantview game going on a while back that was SOOOOO good I still get giddy thinking about it...then I fall into depression because it was lost forever :'(

But anyway, in that game, I had Cassandra marry Don and they had a son Eddie. Either while she was just about to give birth or soon after, she caught Don with Nina in their bed and quickly ended things and ran into Darren's arms. They got married and had another kid Benjamin and were a happy family. But then one day I was playing Dirk at college and Cassandra autonomously came to visit at night. I was like, aww so nice. Then she started to make out with Dirk! I couldn't believe it, Cassandra cheating on her husband with her stepson, and Dirk cheating on Lilith with his stepmother. I don't even know when they started this relationship because they barely interacted before I aged him up and moved him out to University. But it was so juicy!

That time period was the most fun I ever had playing the Sims because the Sims themselves would throw curveballs and change up the stories in good ways.
  • Sunfisher0Sunfisher0 Posts: 211 Member
    Tadster91 wrote: »
    I had this great Pleasantview game going on a while back that was SOOOOO good I still get giddy thinking about it...then I fall into depression because it was lost forever :'(

But anyway, in that game, I had Cassandra marry Don and they had a son Eddie. Either while she was just about to give birth or soon after, she caught Don with Nina in their bed and quickly ended things and ran into Darren's arms. They got married and had another kid Benjamin and were a happy family. But then one day I was playing Dirk at college and Cassandra autonomously came to visit at night. I was like, aww so nice. Then she started to make out with Dirk! I couldn't believe it, Cassandra cheating on her husband with her stepson, and Dirk cheating on Lilith with his stepmother. I don't even know when they started this relationship because they barely interacted before I aged him up and moved him out to University. But it was so juicy!

That time period was the most fun I ever had playing the Sims because the Sims themselves would throw curveballs and change up the stories in good ways.

That's some great soap opera material there :3
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I just played out the wedding and Don left the poor girl at the alter both her and old Morty were sobbing. The shrink showed up too but luckily she wasn't deemed crazy just depressed. Poor girl. I think I'll have her cozy up to Dreamer for some comfort soon.

Intersting how Cassandra is the only one with the memory of Bella being abducted by aliens.

Time to let Dina work her charms on old Morty. ;)
  • AnnitaEatsYaAnnitaEatsYa Posts: 1,583 Member
    They've just this minute got married in my game :D Don left Cass at the altar, exactly how I like it to go. On a side note though - it really annoys me that as soon as you start any premade family now they immediately reroll all their wants and end up with a whole load of "Buy X", "Catch butterflies" "Gain a skill point" nonsense instead of what I think were meant to be static wants to play into the story. For example, when I first got the game all those years ago Cass would want to marry Don and fear being left at the altar, Mortimer would want to see her get married etc. So it bugs me that she no longer goes into aspiration failure and breaks down at the altar when he skedaddles, which I'm sure is what the creators meant to happen. It's much less dramatic when she just potters off to the buffet table for some turkey...

Ahem, anyway. I'm about to move the Dreamers out of Darren's house and into a nice 3/4 bed to make room for all the babies they're going to have ;) I don't like his house at all so rather than remodel it I'm going to give the newlyweds a fresh start away from all the sad memories. Toyed with the idea of leaving Darlene's grave in the garden for the next buyer but at the moment it's in Darren's inventory. I'll probably make a non-Downtown graveyard where she and (soon) the Oldies can rest in peace.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited January 2015
    A few days ago I started playing TS2: Ultimate Collection again.

Taking a break with my O'Dourke family so I picked up the Dreamer family. Decided to go along with the story Maxis set up since there is no easy way without cheats to bring someones dead wife back to life. I had Darren Dreamer move in his girlfriend, Cassandra Goth. It's been so long since I played TS2 that I forgot sims move in with more then just a couple of thousand depending on who it is... Thank you Goth family for the 52k, haha. Found a nice house on MTS and moved in the household including his son. Turned off aging because both father and son have about 15 days or so to age up and I have plans. Currently trying to break up Cassandra Goth and Don Lothario because the game starts off with them engaged. Cassandra is rolling wants for a baby, get engaged to Darren, and get a pet. I'm going to follow those wishes and still try to bring back Darrens wife who passed away. Maybe as a zombie for the fun of it. Eventually I will send off Darrens teenage son, Dirk to college and have him marry his high school sweetheart Lilith Pleasant. Can you tell I'm having fun with TS2? :) When I'm able to play TS3 again I'm interested in playing the remade version of the Dreamer family in Lucky Palms.

I get more excited to get back into game sometimes when I'm playing a premade family. When I play, I need a story otherwise the game just gets boring and I can't think of what to do. Sometimes it's hard for me to come with a story for my own sims. Normally I just watch what they roll for and who they fall for then try to follow that to make a story but it doesn't always work.

Update: On their honeymoon
    16220903217_1784a16857_c.jpg
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I always give Cassandra a child with Don Lothario (A son preferably). I liked Darren w/ Darleen, but if she is not in the game I sometimes pair him with Cassandra. Their love story was interesting!

I love the Mortimer/Dina
    Don/Nina/Dina
    Cassandra/Don

Stories.
  • BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    A few days ago I started playing TS2: Ultimate Collection again.

Taking a break with my O'Dourke family so I picked up the Dreamer family. Decided to go along with the story Maxis set up since there is no easy way without cheats to bring someones dead wife back to life. I had Darren Dreamer move in his girlfriend, Cassandra Goth. It's been so long since I played TS2 that I forgot sims move in with more then just a couple of thousand depending on who it is... Thank you Goth family for the 52k, haha. Found a nice house on MTS and moved in the household including his son. Turned off aging because both father and son have about 15 days or so to age up and I have plans. Currently trying to break up Cassandra Goth and Don Lothario because the game starts off with them engaged. Cassandra is rolling wants for a baby, get engaged to Darren, and get a pet. I'm going to follow those wishes and still try to bring back Darrens wife who passed away. Maybe as a zombie for the fun of it. Eventually I will send off Darrens teenage son, Dirk to college and have him marry his high school sweetheart Lilith Pleasant. Can you tell I'm having fun with TS2? :) When I'm able to play TS3 again I'm interested in playing the remade version of the Dreamer family in Lucky Palms.

I get more excited to get back into game sometimes when I'm playing a premade family. When I play, I need a story otherwise the game just gets boring and I can't think of what to do. Sometimes it's hard for me to come with a story for my own sims. Normally I just watch what they roll for and who they fall for then try to follow that to make a story but it doesn't always work.

Update: On their honeymoon
    16220903217_1784a16857_c.jpg

How does your game look like that??? It's gorgeous, do you use any graphics mods?

• Eman600Eman600 Posts: 3 New Member
    For me i make the two get married, because i believe its the more canon relationship, i made don leave cassandra at the altar and then Darren confesses love for Cassandra and the two get married and live happly ever after
  • LizMarie1085LizMarie1085 Posts: 436 Member
    I'm waiting for them to become elders to put them together since I find them to be pretty boring to play. But they're dating; Cassandra is still married to don but they are now separated she's living at home raising her daughter Donna-Bella Goth.
  • Eileen0001Eileen0001 Posts: 67 Member
    It's been a long time since I played the premades, LOL!

Anyways, each time I played them I turned the tables on Don. I always had Cass turn into a strong independent woman, have Don fall head over heels in love with her (while using cheats to decrease her relationship scores with him) and have her dump him and break his heart. The last time I did (back in 2012) he fell into Aspiration failure and I don't think he quite recovered from it.

As for Darren - I paired him up with the single ladies/widows. In different variations I paired him up with Brandi, Nina, Kalynyn, Bella (at some point), Sandy Bruty, etc. He even married Mary-Sue at some point. These were at different times, of course! I never went through the trouble of resurrecting Darleen since they didn't have enough money.
    Check out my stories: Cederville Heights (TS2) and The Delios Legacy (TS4)
  • MipsyMipsy Posts: 2 New Member
    I know this topic is old but I started to play TS2 again and I made Mortimer marry Dina and Cassandra married Don. I sent the four plus Alexander on honeymoon together and there Don and Dina started an affair that continued after that. Dina got pregnant of Dons and pretended it to be hers and Mortimers. I named her Christina. Cassandra got pregnant by Don and got a twin Manuela and Carmen. They all lived together in the Goth mansion till Mortimer died of old age and Alexander caught Don and Dina. Don and Cassandra seperated and Dina started an affair with Malcolm Landgrab and she and Christina moved in. They got another baba, a son named Malcolm. Meanwhile Don moved in with Nina in the Caliente house and they also got a baby boy named Lorenzo.
    Cassandra was heartbroken and Darren moved in as a friend in the Goth house. Alexander got into a relationship with Lucy Burb and they went to University. When they came back they moved into the Goth house and Cassandra Darren and the twins got a house of their gwn. The big purple house in Blue Water. A few days before Cassandra turnt into an elder (Darren was already an elder) they finally kissed and they married and got a son named Diego. Manuela and Carmen are teenagers. Alexander and Lucy have a toddler named Isabella and a baby boy named Sebastian. After all everybody lived happily ever after haha.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Mipsy wrote: »
    I know this topic is old but I started to play TS2 again and I made Mortimer marry Dina and Cassandra married Don. I sent the four plus Alexander on honeymoon together and there Don and Dina started an affair that continued after that. Dina got pregnant of Dons and pretended it to be hers and Mortimers. I named her Christina. Cassandra got pregnant by Don and got a twin Manuela and Carmen. They all lived together in the Goth mansion till Mortimer died of old age and Alexander caught Don and Dina. Don and Cassandra seperated and Dina started an affair with Malcolm Landgrab and she and Christina moved in. They got another baba, a son named Malcolm. Meanwhile Don moved in with Nina in the Caliente house and they also got a baby boy named Lorenzo.
    Cassandra was heartbroken and Darren moved in as a friend in the Goth house. Alexander got into a relationship with Lucy Burb and they went to University. When they came back they moved into the Goth house and Cassandra Darren and the twins got a house of their gwn. The big purple house in Blue Water. A few days before Cassandra turnt into an elder (Darren was already an elder) they finally kissed and they married and got a son named Diego. Manuela and Carmen are teenagers. Alexander and Lucy have a toddler named Isabella and a baby boy named Sebastian. After all everybody lived happily ever after haha.

Lol, good story, who in the world takes other people on a honeymoon... lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    I usually have don and Cassandra marry, but he still has kids with nina, dina and Cassandra
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227