Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Give it time

Comments

• ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    After paying 70 dollars for the base game, I shouldn't have to shell out more money for game packs to complete it though.

The base game should be enough on it's own.
    ^This, so much this.

I don't get it, why am I supposed to wait and pay hundreds more for the game to get better? Since when is this the norm? We paid a price tag that justifies a full game, period. We shouldn't have to wait for it to get better, we should have to wait for more addons to make an already great game better. This whole mentality of "Give it a year or two and wait to shell more $ on a handful EPs for it to get better" is really saddening. I never had to that previously, EPs were a nice treat, not a "I'm dying to have some EPs because the base game is so hollow at its core".

And no, TS2 base game and TS3 base game had me glued to my chair for hours with all the augmentations and innovations brought to the table. They were full base games.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    The Sims 4 is going to be one of the best Sims games in the series when expansions and stuff packs start rolling out like a stampede of flying buffaloes wielding flaming chainsaws and spiked whips.
  • Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    edited January 2015
    [quote="colton147;13174612"]The Sims 4 is going to be one of the best Sims games in the series when expansions and stuff packs start rolling out like a stampede of flying buffaloes wielding flaming chainsaws and spiked whips.[/quote]

Oh trust me I won't be buying those buffalo wielding chainsaws and spiked whips EPs and SPs unless I see them in the bargain bin at Walmart's game section.
    colton147 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is going to be one of the best Sims games in the series when expansions and stuff packs start rolling out like a stampede of flying buffaloes wielding flaming chainsaws and spiked whips.
    Are you seriously just copy and pasting/spamming the same sentence over and over on every thread?
    edited January 2015
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    Are you seriously just copy and pasting/spamming the same sentence over and over on every thread?

No. I retype it word for word. >:)

EDIT: I also don't do it in every thread. ;)
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    HollowVoid wrote: »

Doing it in absolutely every thread would yield some pretty weird consequences, and would probably be more entertaining ...
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • PheobelisPheobelis Posts: 45 Member
    TS2 & TS3's base games were at least full games that held my attention for more than a couple minutes.

The Sims 3 base was never complete. It had day 1 DLC and the Store was and still is advertised in buy/build mode and CAS.

In TS2 base game, community lots were pointless. There was no reason to leave you house unless you wanted to buy clothes. Everything else you could buy on computer. There was very little variety in community lots until Nightlife came out a year later.
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    I remember calling in sick to my classes for the week when TS3 came out. I couldn't stop playing! TS4 is the complete opposite. It just can't hold my attention in it's base form. It's a possibility that with 20 EP/GPs the game will become moderately better, but I cannot and will not drop close to $1000 on the possibility that it will get better. I should be able to play the base game as is without ever feeling that I need to add onto it in order to enjoy it.

All that DLC is meant to enhance an already solid game, not fill in the gaping holes. I've never once felt in any past Sims game that all I needed to do was give it time, I was having too much fun from the start.
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    I remember calling in sick to my classes for the week when TS3 came out. I couldn't stop playing! TS4 is the complete opposite. It just can't hold my attention in it's base form. It's a possibility that with 20 EP/GPs the game will become moderately better, but I cannot and will not drop close to $1000 on the possibility that it will get better. I should be able to play the base game as is without ever feeling that I need to add onto it in order to enjoy it.

All that DLC is meant to enhance an already solid game, not fill in the gaping holes. I've never once felt in any past Sims game that all I needed to do was give it time, I was having too much fun from the start.

Yep all of this. We paid a lot for the demo and have to pay more for the full game? Haha no.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
    Pheobelis wrote: »
    TS2 & TS3's base games were at least full games that held my attention for more than a couple minutes.

The Sims 3 base was never complete. It had day 1 DLC and the Store was and still is advertised in buy/build mode and CAS.

In TS2 base game, community lots were pointless. There was no reason to leave you house unless you wanted to buy clothes. Everything else you could buy on computer. There was very little variety in community lots until Nightlife came out a year later.

This.
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    Sims 4 vanilla is very bland. Too bland. The EP and GP will add some chocolate to the mix. However, when I buy a vanilla ice cream cone, I expect it to have just enough: cold, sweet, and in a cone. Sims 4 hands to you the ice cream in a cup. I don't really want to pay more for what should have been on my amazing ice cream cone, but the chocolate is coming, and I will gladly pay more for a vanilla and chocolate swirl. (Chocolate is the EP and GP.)

Give it time. The chocolate is coming.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    "Give it time and throw hundreds of dollars on the game to make it better."
    money-gif.gif

Nah, no thanks.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
    @mortia I bow down before your wise words!
  • RacerX780RacerX780 Posts: 475 Member
    It seems more and more companies give very slim base games and then charge for DLC, even on the day of release. I don't play many games, but I've read numerous reviews on games that look good and it turns out they have less then 10 hours of play time to finish the SP story.

I think that is one reason why multiplayer is such a big part of so many games. It's an easy way out to have a simple base game, and maps and so forth can be added at their own time table, either for free (ala GTA Online) or charging for it.

This is my first sims game... so I haven't spent a lot of money on the others.. so if any of the eps or sps look good, I plan to get them.

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Tonjay wrote: »
    Everybody has to give Sims 4 some time. Sims 2 wasn't all that when it started. Neither was 3 and it got there after tweets and updates and new packs added. So give Sims 4 sometime I t will get there. So far I like it, reminds me of Sims 2 in the beginning.

There is a difference between giving it time and having EA give us a patch full of bugs. I had NO problems before the last patch.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I can already tell I won't really like this game as much in the future. The only time I'm giving them is for Toddlers, other than that I am not really going to put much into this game. Mostly because of the claustrophobic worlds and loading screens. Especially those loading screens ... I get shivers just thinking about them in the future ...
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    people shouldn't have to pay more to make a game better especially one that sold for $60/70/80 (depending on the price in your country)

the base game alone should be enough to satisfy you for months upon months (sims 2 and 3 both did)

besides those who are bored or dislike it now are unlikely to want to waste more money on it
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I wish they'd just go back to making expansion packs for the Sims 2. :)

I know they would sell better than Sims 4 expansions will.
  • YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »

Yes. Omg that would be awesome.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member

Bite your tongue! :o I don't want these people near my Sims 2. It plays great and does not need bugs or bugs added through content and patches.
    What they need to do is put TS2 UC up for sale so that they can make some profit to cover what they missed with TS4! ;)

I really don't want anyone who is remotely a part of the development of The Sims 4 to put their hands on The Sims 2. As much as it would be amazing for that series to continue, they'd end up ruining a perfect gem.
  • dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    I'll give Sims 4 time while I sit on the toilet and take an angry poop then wipe my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with my money. Still a better way to waste money than give it to EA.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Yes, but Sims 2 had toddlers at the beginning
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Of Course I'm going to give it time. Of course I'm going to wait and see what comes out. :yum:

I've got years and years of other stuff to do... decades of other stuff to do. I'll wait for something to grab my interests in this game or for the series to end to buy it. I'm not worried. :+1:
    edited January 2015
    [quote="jbreland1230;13174859"]Yes, but Sims 2 had toddlers at the beginning [/quote]

TS4 aspire be like TS2 but falls flat. Like a child in a play who doesn't remember all of the lines but wants the starring role.