Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Sinopsys01 wrote: »
    How do you know? O.O

the awesome spreadsheet, also linked on page one of this thread. It lists each of the upcoming deals and their price as well as the dates they should come up (provided that they don't discontinue the DD).
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    edited January 2015
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    So, can you tell what it is (no, it's not a pub!)?
    It's my dream gym - after working out, reward yourself with yummy baked goods.

Edit - A more serious guess - the lounge area of a movie theatre or playhouse. Since the Sims don't have live theatre, I guess movie house. Oops - I forgot about Showtime and we do have live performances with singers, magicians and acrobats.
    Sinopsys01 wrote: »
    How do you know? O.O
    Because the items from Futureshock Living still appear on your wishlist. If you own the set, other people are not able to see items from sets that you own on your wishlist. I have not had a wishlist in a while, but from what I recall, you can still see the items that you now own on your wishlist, but their button looks different. You have to remove the items you own from your view of your wishlist. Hopefully someone else can confirm.
    Yet another edit - I see Sweet and I interpreted your question differently. I read "how do you know" ... that I was not able to get the set?
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    Current Deal
    348 ) Cloud Dress / 23 / 50 / 54% / 2 hrs
    This deal does not repeat on this DD list.
    Part of: Wild Wears; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

Upcoming Deals
    349 ) Playground High Chair / 30 / 83 / 64% / 2 hrs
    This deal does not repeat on this DD list.
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010

350 ) Palace of Versailles / 944 / 1342 / 30% / 2 hrs
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for the deal # 213 ( 463 sp) < # 650 ( 833 sp) < # 350 ( 944 sp) < # 417 ( 1055 sp)
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Sinopsys01Sinopsys01 Posts: 46 Member
    @sweet2 wow thanks, i needed 10 mins to figure out how that sheet works, but now i figured ! it's great ! :)
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited January 2015
    Feel so idiotic,did not know till yesterday that the homecoming set had YA AD clothing :\ I was watching a Youtube store review from lifesimmer,this whole time I thought it was a teen only set and didn't want it.Now I want it and the dresses are cool :p
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    edited January 2015
    After logging in to play the game last night (for probably an hour then I feel asleep. :sleeping: ) my account did the log in error thing again, and had to change my password again this morning in order to log in to the site. I thought maybe it's not related to the game, but happens when I close my browser since I always close the browser when I play. So I closed and restarted chrome but I was still logged in fine so that doesn't seem to be it. I will go a while without logging in to the game and see if it happens again or if that really was the trigger.
    Hi Tasha :)

This may be entirely unrelated but a couple of years ago I had a very frustrating time with unrecognised passwords and failed logins and after many days cursing EA I realised the problem was with me! As I say, this might not be what's happening to you but just in case ...

Do you have any saved/automatic logins on either the website, Origin, or the launcher? I had changed my password on, I think, Origin and logged in to the game OK, and was able to use the website without problem but when I went back to the game the next day, or tried to login to Origin, my details were rejected even though the website was still working fine.

What was happening was that I had my website login saved so it logged me in automatically when I opened the browser and because I had not changed that password it somehow flagged my account and blocked or reset my new password on the launcher. I eventually cottoned on, reset all the passwords so that I knew they were the same and logged out of everything and went back in. It's been fine ever since.

Since then I have similar issues with passwords at work and now hardly ever have any logins saved and automated so that it never tries to use an old password unexpectedly.

I did have passwords saved, but when I changed my password the first time I went in and deleted all the saved ones so they couldn't pop up. I have also tried in a browser that never had them saved and it still wouldn't log in. Thank you very much for telling me about your experience though! I kinda wish that was what was happening to me so I could easily fix it like you did.
  • JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    Thank you @simgeek79 for the lovely gift :)
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    @ajaxpost‌ -- I guess coffee shop! Though a swanky upscale movie theatre would be fun too!
  • notthecarnotthecar Posts: 262 Member
    @ajaxpost I'm thinking coffeehouse, even library or the lounge outside of a live performance venue.
    1 Featured Look, 1 Complications and 1 Venue to go.

MMAO thinks I own the store! Saving my way to Midnight Hollow Gold until EA makes The Golden Ticket Shop buyable.
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    You're welcome @p-para-Xylene and @‌JennaIsGhost <3 Glad you like what I chose :D

@ajaxpost hmmn...you mention your sims have "children" and have been "working" hard.... so perhaps it's your sims day off from work and they are bringing the kids to an indoor play park where the kids play on an indoor playground while the moms and dads sip coffee, eat baked goods and relax in the adjacent room. We used to have one in our neighbourhood when my kids were small, it was great to be able to socialize with other adults and not worry about your kids destroying the place or being bored. Unfortunately it went under : ( Can't wait to hear what it is. It looks great. :) Otherwise, I think the artwork might be a clue but I don't recognize any of it, it does look movie-ish though.
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
    edited January 2015
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    You're welcome @p-para-Xylene and @‌JennaIsGhost <3 Glad you like what I chose :D

@ajaxpost hmmn...you mention your sims have "children" and have been "working" hard.... so perhaps it's your sims day off from work and they are bringing the kids to an indoor play park where the kids play on an indoor playground while the moms and dads sip coffee, eat baked goods and relax in the adjacent room. We used to have one in our neighbourhood when my kids were small, it was great to be able to socialize with other adults and not worry about your kids destroying the place or being bored. Unfortunately it went under : ( Can't wait to hear what it is. It looks great. :) Otherwise, I think the artwork might be a clue but I don't recognize any of it, it does look movie-ish though.

Ohhh! I like your vote @simgeek79‌ !!

And now I'm going to need to build one of those for my sims!!
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    I wanted to give them somewhere special to go, the sort of place I love to go, but couldn't find anywhere I really liked in the usual places so I've decided to build it myself; only to realise that I haven't built anything for over a year!!

Anyway, it's nearly finished and almost ready to show it off, and I wanted to share a little teaser photo with you guys:

I'd be guessing Starbucks, 'cept you need a few latte machines. It's a lovely space. Which couches are those? They look similar to the Clark Docking Sofa pieces. Love those!
    Me1620 wrote: »
    It's my dream gym - after working out, reward yourself with yummy baked goods.

Edit - A more serious guess - the lounge area of a movie theatre or playhouse. Since the Sims don't have live theatre, I guess movie house. Oops - I forgot about Showtime and we do have live performances with singers, magicians and acrobats.
    @ajaxpost‌ -- I guess coffee shop! Though a swanky upscale movie theatre would be fun too!
    notthecar wrote: »
    @ajaxpost I'm thinking coffeehouse, even library or the lounge outside of a live performance venue.
    simgeek79 wrote: »

Ah-ha! So many great ideas!

So, a coffee bar which is kind of doubling for a snack bar; some comfy-looking lounge/foyer type seating; performance/movie style posters ...

Yep, it's the foyer area for a little local cinema :)

I had wanted to recreate one of the small family-run independent cinemas but I always find it difficult to "scale down" building in TS3 so this is a little bigger than intended but I think 15x20 is a nice compromise, it mixes the almost-but-not-quite comfortable seating of one of our local multiplexes and the smart and modern small screens of a typical art-house cinema.

Now, I would love to do a pub theatre venue (a totally wonderful mix of two of my favourite activities!) but I knew I'd take forever to decorate the pub bit - maybe that'll be my next project :)

Anyway, a few extra photos for you:

tumblr_ni1bvozBrG1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ni1bvozBrG1sgcmqgo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_ni1bvozBrG1sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ni1bvozBrG1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg

There are a few more on my Tumblr: http://ajax-tum.tumblr.com/ and I'll add more when I'm happy with all the décor and finished play testing.

Oh, @Nonsequitorian, the seating is "Custer's Sectional Lounge Seating" which comes with Late Night - it is so like the seating in my nearby Showcase! :)
  • awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    That is incredible cute @ajaxpost, please say you'll upload it. :)
  • RadleeRadlee Posts: 483 Member
    @charlotteprice‌ wow thank you so much for the gift! i can knock one more set from my list!

@awellenbl‌ thank you for the chair! that helps me on the one with nature set, which i really really want!

@simgeek79‌ yay so glad you got the cinema! glad i could be a of a little help

@ajaxpost‌ i don't know what it is (a movie house?) but i sure like it! be sure to share more when you're ready to show it all off! (okay so i just refreshed before i posted and saw your new pics-- so nice! i hope you'll put it up on the exchange after you've playtested!)
    edited January 2015
    Mustn't forget: Thank you so much @Penndra and @charlotteprice for the surprise gifts - my Sims are going to have just too many outfits to choose from! :o

The ads have been very slow for me the last couple of weeks, 5 or 10sp a day, but they picked up on Friday so I'm hoping to help out a few more CYS hunters soon :)

Edit to add: thank you @awellenbl‌ and @Radlee for your kind comments. Yes, once done and checked for CC I hope to put it on the exchange. :)
  • NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    I wanted to give them somewhere special to go, the sort of place I love to go, but couldn't find anywhere I really liked in the usual places so I've decided to build it myself; only to realise that I haven't built anything for over a year!!

Anyway, it's nearly finished and almost ready to show it off, and I wanted to share a little teaser photo with you guys:

I'd be guessing Starbucks, 'cept you need a few latte machines. It's a lovely space. Which couches are those? They look similar to the Clark Docking Sofa pieces. Love those!

Oh, @Nonsequitorian, the seating is "Custer's Sectional Lounge Seating" which comes with Late Night - it is so like the seating in my nearby Showcase! :)

This is now going to be my next quest. I can't find that seating anywhere. I have the following sofas showing as Late Night in my Build/Buy menu: Slovechair, Club SoVino, Data Lounger, and Slofa. No Custer. Are you sure it's Late Night? I don't have Generations or University, so if it's one of those I'm plummed.
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    awellenbl wrote: »
    @SemaviLady Yes, the MMAO machine offers single exclusive items for free once you have everything else the machine has to offer. Those free offers are mixed with a bunch of exclusive items together, though. And they are not free if it's more than one in an offer.
    bekkasan wrote: »
    The only free items I ever got in MMAO were the exclusive items that are highlighted yellow. I paid for the last two as they came with a really big MMAO percent offer with other items I wanted.

Once I had all the single and special items it quite offering me the 'unowned' gold worlds that I really owned, as well as the other non cys sets and I got the congrats pic.

Thanks so much for the extra information! All of it is very helpful! :kissing_heart:

Nowgif_color_stripebox_thumb.gif?imgmax=800
    I want to thank @Penndra, @simgeek79, @charlotteprice for gifting me!
    It is possible for me to get a green button on Nursery Rhymes and Lullabies on the very next DD sweep! I then found that Quaint Cottage was now under 100 sp, and Faire Folk Outdoors was only 45 sp--so I nabbed them :) And finally because of the gifting, when #662 (Romanza's full set) comes around it will be free!

Thank you all so much!!
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
    edited January 2015
    This is now going to be my next quest. I can't find that seating anywhere. I have the following sofas showing as Late Night in my Build/Buy menu: Slovechair, Club SoVino, Data Lounger, and Slofa. No Custer. Are you sure it's Late Night? I don't have Generations or University, so if it's one of those I'm plummed.

It's under Comfort -> Miscellaneous (not sofas :() and apparently there is an end table which links up with it but there are reports that the surface slots may not work for all objects, table lamps for example.

http://www.thesimalogue.com/ts3-ln-comfort.html and http://www.thesimalogue.com/ts3-ln-surfaces.html

Post edited by ajaxpost on
  • NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member

It's under Comfort -> Miscellaneous (not sofas :() and apparently there is an end table which links up with it but there are reports that the surface slots may bot work for all objects, table lamps for example.

http://www.thesimalogue.com/ts3-ln-comfort.html and http://www.thesimalogue.com/ts3-ln-surfaces.html

I found it! It's nicer than the Clarks. Slimmer and not so chunky-looking. Thanks for letting me know!
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    @LadybugLeslie thanks for liking my idea, I can just see all those infants in baby swings and toddlers in walkers and playpens while the moms and dads get superjuiced or pent up on caffeine! :D

The theatre looks great @ajaxpost ! I only bought the cinema this morning and downloaded it but didn't get a chance to place it or check it out. If I had, I might have recognized the art work. Having seen your photos now, I can't wait to get back in the game and try making my own!! Thanks for sharing and do let us know when you upload it :smile:

Yay! @SemaviLady I remember going thru your wishlist and thinking those two piece would help you with the cottage and LLL in case you were trying to get that in the morning too - so glad I was able to help a bit :p and really glad you scored good deals today!

I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    CandiG wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Die-hard-lurker here, and I have finally come across a question that has me curious enough to post on the forums. (Not that you don't all sound wonderful and lovely, I've been watching this thread and those previous to it long enough to see that. Please don't be creeped out.)

Anyhow, here's my question;
    Has anyone every received an MMAO containing the current DD with a higher percentage discount than normal?
    I ask because I just looked at my MMAOs for the day and one of them contained LLL, coupled with a few single items, at 74% off. I haven't seen a discount like that for months, the 3x promotion was the last time I ever got offered something like that. Granted it wasn't worth it for me, I have enough of the LLL set that I'll pick it up when it comes around the second time at the highest discount. I'm just really curious to know if it's MMAO that is changing or if this happened to someone before and I've just missed it.
    Firstly welcome. To answer your question I haven't seen a MMAO offer that high since they had the triple discounts either. It's probably just random that you got a better discount, at this stage I don't think they'd be changing MMAO.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    @CandiG‌ -- glad you delurked ;) I'm no where near owning the store, so I can't be any help to you on your question, but I'm glad you're here! I had to create an account a couple of weeks ago just to say thank you for all the hard work that has gone into maintaining the DD spreadsheet. :)
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    I'm never going to get caught up on posts, but I did notice that some, like @SpiderCrowWolf were having problems using the Awesome Spreadsheet. I can't really impart spreadsheet using skills, since a lot of that comes with familiarity with the tools, but I want to offer some basic skill tips for using your browser and looking at the spreadsheet.

1. The first image will show how foreshortened and truncated the chart can look on a small screen.
    2. The second image offers tips to EVERYONE in making use of the horizontal and vertical capabilities of the spreadsheet.

Screenshot One shows the face of my 10inch netbook. The measurement from top to bottom of screen is only 6 inches.
    The parts of the screen on page two of the time sensitive rotating rows, only lets me see two items in the sheet.
    I used pink, lime and blue boxes to help point out the issues.

Screenshot One
    DDSpreadsheet-sm_zps6d86b670.jpg

Now this is the part where I show how some key presses can make the above view of the Awesome Spreadsheet much more readable. The HEADER (or top of page two), is a fixed element of the spread sheet, and on a small screen it prevents being able to see the columns going down, and it is kind of tough to see the left to right values unless you resize and or use a full screen.

Now notice Screenshot Two is much more usable than the first.
    This is the SAME pageview as the Screenshot One, but uses resize and full screen.
    So take the tips that are useful for you needs. Being able to see the spreadsheet well is really quite beneficial.

Screenshot Two
    DDSpreadsheet-bigger_zps35c7883e.jpg

I hope this helps. Happy DD Stalking!
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited January 2015
    Okay, I'm still trying to catch up, but saw this and HAD to answer:
    CandiG wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Die-hard-lurker here, and I have finally come across a question that has me curious enough to post on the forums. (Not that you don't all sound wonderful and lovely, I've been watching this thread and those previous to it long enough to see that. Please don't be creeped out.)

Anyhow, here's my question;
    Has anyone every received an MMAO containing the current DD with a higher percentage discount than normal?
    I ask because I just looked at my MMAOs for the day and one of them contained LLL, coupled with a few single items, at 74% off. I haven't seen a discount like that for months, the 3x promotion was the last time I ever got offered something like that. Granted it wasn't worth it for me, I have enough of the LLL set that I'll pick it up when it comes around the second time at the highest discount. I'm just really curious to know if it's MMAO that is changing or if this happened to someone before and I've just missed it.
    Firstly welcome. To answer your question I haven't seen a MMAO offer that high since they had the triple discounts either. It's probably just random that you got a better discount, at this stage I don't think they'd be changing MMAO.
    @CandiG - This has happened to me before actually, quite a lot way back when I didn't own much of the Store. I believe I bought Faire Folk Outdoors, Pushin' Pedals and one of the Jazz Age sets through MMAO, because they were on the Sale page and the discount was higher as a result. For the first two, I think I got a 45-55% off offer, when they were on the Sale page at about a 30% discount. Jazz Age, on the other hand, was something crazy like 76% off -- I think perhaps this was during the week after the CyberMonday sales in 2013, so the discount was already like 50-60%. I'm sure there have been others, too!

I remember this was my first great discovery as part of the DD and boy did I tell the world how I made MMAO work for me! That was definitely more than a year ago though.

It was always, for me, with the Sale page though, and never the DD. That might have been because I owned whatever was on the DD at the time, or may have just not been lucky enough for it to come up at the exact right time. It takes a lot of luck to get the right set to be offered as one of those five offers, at the exact right time -- especially back when offers would sell out.

I also wanted to mention in response to someone else (I think this was @SemaviLady but could be wrong), on the subject of MMAO, that you will not get offered the single items for free, no matter how much you own. It is ONLY the 10 exclusive MMAO items that can be offered free, as far as I know. When I was cleaning up the Store, it was the individual items I had left and never did I get them free -- and I've never heard of this happening to anyone. I also started receiving the "We are truly impressed" message occasionally when I got down to just a handful of items -- maybe five or less. That's because MMAO doesn't seem to have a large enough pool of items to create offers from. I could still keep trying and would usually get my five offers in a day, but it would take more like 8-10 tries. Even now, I don't have Sunlit Tides Gold marked as owned and will still get offers if I try, but it is really, really hard to get an offer -- probably takes me five tries to get one offer, then I'll usually get a couple in a row, and then it'll go back to "We are truly impressed" before I finish my five offers for the day.

Anyway, I will try to catch up on the thread when I get a chance at my computer. We've been having stormy weather these past few days, so I try to stay away from the PC in case we lose power. It's hard work doing this from my phone!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    Hi everyone. I just wanna Ted to let you know how much I've missed you all!! I went to the Enron we'd. They said I have influenza a and will be here probably til Tuesday, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Sorry so short. I'm totally exhausted. I have missed you all and the fun here. I do have my kindle now...too bad I can't do much. Lol will post later!! Bunny hugs!!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top