Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just bought The Sims 1!!

I'm a little late to the party, I always had the sims 1 on console (PS2) and I never got to experience how the sims was on PC. I remember getting Unleashed from my friend to use for the week!! I was so excited but she didn't give me the original sims so I couldn't play it D; gosh. We used to play Makin Magic all the time at her house. I'm so excited to try it out for myself. I hope it works.

[RANDOM POST BUT I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE WHAT THE BEGINNING OF THE SIMS JOURNEY WAS LIKE]

dblfr6.jpg

tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]

Comments

• GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    YAY!

Happy Simming :D
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    so far it's not installing XDD says component transfer error when I put disc 2 in. Hmmph :(
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Boo!

What's the OS you're on? Considering I had to make a few tweaks to install TS1 on my Win7.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    Really? Mine installed perfectly without a hitch when I got it 2 days ago. It's a very fun game to play because it's different than sims 2 and 3 in fun ways.
    Sig.png
  • YorkieGirl4YorkieGirl4 Posts: 361 Member
    Good luck getting it installed! The graphics are a shock after playing any of the newer games, but the gameplay is amusing. Makin' Magic and Superstar were my favorite EPs and they're both a lot of fun to really dig into. Gaining fame is actually hard (but totally worth it when you earn your little fame award and get a creepy stalker guy who leaves you black roses), and there are so many spells and ingredients that it'll be a challenge to create every spell and potion! Ah the memories...

Hope you figure out what's wrong and can play your game soon! :)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm a little late to the party, I always had the sims 1 on console (PS2) and I never got to experience how the sims was on PC. I remember getting Unleashed from my friend to use for the week!! I was so excited but she didn't give me the original sims so I couldn't play it D; gosh. We used to play Makin Magic all the time at her house. I'm so excited to try it out for myself. I hope it works.

[RANDOM POST BUT I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE WHAT THE BEGINNING OF THE SIMS JOURNEY WAS LIKE]

dblfr6.jpg

That's great happy simming, and may I know where you bought it at? :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    @Sigzy05
    I bought it from Amazon UK.
    Good luck getting it installed! The graphics are a shock after playing any of the newer games, but the gameplay is amusing. Makin' Magic and Superstar were my favorite EPs and they're both a lot of fun to really dig into. Gaining fame is actually hard (but totally worth it when you earn your little fame award and get a creepy stalker guy who leaves you black roses), and there are so many spells and ingredients that it'll be a challenge to create every spell and potion! Ah the memories...

Hope you figure out what's wrong and can play your game soon! :)

I really hope it works, I've ordered another in a yellow case this time just to see ... I'm desperate to play XD

Makin Magic is definitely my favourite and then vacation I guess. Lol oh, I hear there are a lot of strange NPC's like that in the game.
    edited January 2015
    Godlike wrote: »
    Boo!

What's the OS you're on? Considering I had to make a few tweaks to install TS1 on my Win7.

I'm not sure what OS is, but I have Microsoft, Windows 8.1. 64 bit operating system.

Everytime I google I only find things about Sims 3 with this issue. I know it isn't my dvd drive that is the problem because disc 1 installs fine. Disc two doesn't seem to be working or have much on it at all but I don't really know what's supposed to be on it.
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    edited January 2015
    Hi FlourescentSoap,
    Just curious are these used or never been used CD's? If they are used the second disk could be scratched Check it under good lighting to see if it has any deep scratches in the CD. If not maybe give it a little wipe with a lint free dry soft cloth. Start from the center and wipe down to the bottom of the disk. turn the disk and start from the center again and go down continue till you have come to where you started.
    Then try your disk. See what happens. I hope you get it installed it is a fun game. Makin Magic is the best. I love this game and still play it to this day. :D
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Godlike wrote: »
    Boo!

I'm not sure what OS is, but I have Microsoft, Windows 8.1. 64 bit operating system.

OS=Operating system.

6JSxk49.png?1
    @Sigzy05
    I bought it from Amazon UK.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    This is why They REALLY really need to offer sims 1 Complete as a Digital Download!!!

If simcity2000 is offered (and free) then they can do this with sims 1.
    zorba2357 wrote: »
    This is why They REALLY really need to offer sims 1 Complete as a Digital Download!!!

*Presses agree button*
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    winterloc wrote: »
    Hi FlourescentSoap,
    Just curious are these used or never been used CD's? If they are used the second disk could be scratched Check it under good lighting to see if it has any deep scratches in the CD. If not maybe give it a little wipe with a lint free dry soft cloth. Start from the center and wipe down to the bottom of the disk. turn the disk and start from the center again and go down continue till you have come to where you started.
    Then try your disk. See what happens. I hope you get it installed it is a fun game. Makin Magic is the best. I love this game and still play it to this day. :D
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)

Hey,

They were used - Good. on Amazon. I've ordered from a different person and got my refund.. but I might try again who knows. It seems to only have two things on disc 2.. I don't know if that is supposed to be that way. I cleaned the disc using my disc cleaner machine and it still didn't work :< and unfortunately even when I tried it on my windows 7 laptop it didn't work on that either. I can't wait for my second copy and hopefully that version works. x) that's awesome, it's what I plan to do ^-^ I've realised at the moment I'm going back in sims time... instead of playing TS3 and TS4 I'm playing TS2 and hopefully TS1 soon.
    Hi FlourescentSoap,
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)

Hey,

They were used - Good. on Amazon. I've ordered from a different person and got my refund.. but I might try again who knows. It seems to only have two things on disc 2.. I don't know if that is supposed to be that way. I cleaned the disc using my disc cleaner machine and it still didn't work :< and unfortunately even when I tried it on my windows 7 laptop it didn't work on that either. I can't wait for my second copy and hopefully that version works. x) that's awesome, it's what I plan to do ^-^ I've realised at the moment I'm going back in sims time... instead of playing TS3 and TS4 I'm playing TS2 and hopefully TS1 soon.
    zorba2357 wrote: »

That would be pretty awesome, I'd have all my sims on Origin if that was to happen. The prices are ridiculous on Amazon ranging from £20 to £200!!! I'm avid to play but I'm not forking out £60 for a game that's from 2000.
  • MegaMauricioMegaMauricio Posts: 238 Member
    > @zorba2357 said:
    > This is why They REALLY really need to offer sims 1 Complete as a Digital Download!!!
    >
    > If simcity2000 is offered (and free) then they can do this with sims 1.
    I hope that too. Maybe in the aniversary.
    I am Bluebomber21 in theSims3. lol
    My Studio here.
    Accepting new friends!
    edited January 2015
    Just to let you know on disk two there are only two files in the start up file. Data3 and ranger 8iff.
    You are installing these four CD's in your CD rom drive on your desktop computer?
    Post edited by winterloc on
    Just to let you know on disk two there are only two files in the start up file. Data3 and ranger 8iff.
    You are installing these four CD's in your CD rom drive on your desktop computer?

Ok, thank you! I just thought it would have more but that is reassuring. Yes, it's a desktop computer with D: Drive. Other games work and install fine, disc 1 went on fine but it's disc two that gets to exp 7/sound/sound then goes. I don't know when you put disc two in a folder pops up what are you meant to do from there??? I tried clicking the data file but it doesn't open.. it said cabinet file cannot be opened.
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    I must be one of the few Sims "relics" who has TS 1-- Base.. as in "Bob Newbie" and all that jazz..

I still have a game saved on an old desktop in my closet. A real beaut with an 800 MHz processor, Windows ME OS and all the fossils that go with it. But it played well... I just think I'd have a hard time going back to it.
    Hi flourscent soap,
    How old is your computer? We all have what is called a local D drive. I understand that the first CD disk installed. You say you installed other games are these other games on DVD disks or CD disks?

I really do not understand why you are getting the error you are getting. I have had the sims 1 from day one. I have in the past installed it on two different desk tops. My very old 14 year old computer which is gone now and my old computer which is 7 years old now and still going strong. Both had windows xp on them. On my 7 year old computer I have windows 7 professional that is my O.S./Operating system.
    I have what is called a combination DVD/CD rom drive, I have two of them installed on my computer. Used for Sims 1 CD disk and Sims 2 DvD disk. Therefore I can install both dvd disks and cd disks.

When you bought these CD's for sims 1 you got it off of Amazon? By chance did you buy it from a U.s. person or a U.K person. Reason why I ask this is because I think but not sure if some of the coding is different from country to country. I am really not sure but I find it interesting that they call what we U.S. get for sims 1 game Living Large and they call U.k. Livin it up. So is there a difference in the coding as well as in the name?

Back to the disk 2, What I did to look at the files was I opened it in another page. I went into the disk and right clicked on the START fold for the disk then opened it in another page. I could see the two files I mentioned right in there.

I do not know how computer savvy you are. I could make a suggestion to check your registry folder and see if there is a Maxis folder in there and to delete that folder and start over. As far as your error goes I have never seen anything like that when I installed sims 1, sims 2, or even sims 3.

I will be interested in seeing how your next set of CD's install for this game.

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
    Miki wrote: »
    I must be one of the few Sims "relics" who has TS 1-- Base.. as in "Bob Newbie" and all that jazz..

I still have a game saved on an old desktop in my closet. A real beaut with an 800 MHz processor, Windows ME OS and all the fossils that go with it. But it played well... I just think I'd have a hard time going back to it.

Is Bob Newbie not in the complete collection? O; I hope he is. Bob and Betty gahh the memories.

I've never had troubles that way with games, I can easily play, say Harry Potter on PS1. I still appreciate the graphics and the gameplay, of course all the memories too. ^-^ but everyone is different, I can understand why it would be odd to go back and get back into again after all that time.
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member

Is Bob Newbie not in the complete collection? O; I hope he is. Bob and Betty gahh the memories.

I've never had troubles that way with games, I can easily play, say Harry Potter on PS1. I still appreciate the graphics and the gameplay, of course all the memories too. ^-^ but everyone is different, I can understand why it would be odd to go back and get back into again after all that time.

I had the original base as well. Idk what Miki means exactly, but Bob and Betty Newbie are the tutorial family :D The Newbies should be both in the complete collection. I don't have the cc, but I do have the Mega Deluxe (plus the rest of the expansions), and they're in that.

Yes, I have the base and the deluxe edition...my brother found Mega Deluxe on sale and it was cheaper than getting each expansion pack plus the deluxe content separately at the time.
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    hihi122122 wrote: »

I had the original base as well. Idk what Miki means exactly, but Bob and Betty Newbie are the tutorial family :D The Newbies should be both in the complete collection. I don't have the cc, but I do have the Mega Deluxe (plus the rest of the expansions), and they're in that.

Yes, I have the base and the deluxe edition...my brother found Mega Deluxe on sale and it was cheaper than getting each expansion pack plus the deluxe content separately at the time.

I mis-spoke. What I should have written was that I feel like one of the few (who still plays -- as opposed to those who may have bought the base, decided it wasn't for them and shelved it, never to Sim again) who has the base and only the base.

Of course the tutorial would be in all editions. I was happy with that until my time for gaming dried up then into the closet it all went.

I probably threw everyone off when I went on the tangent of reminiscing about when I first booted up that game and was greeted by that tutorial. Since I never played anything like it before, it did as intended, teach a player how to play.

Bob never impressed me as the "greatest Sim of all time" (must have been the beard) ^_^
    But he served his purpose.