Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Grieving Sims

shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
So I have posted in the play and chat thread about my Monica and Sophia Hernandez. They are sisters that live together and they did have a roomie, Omar Jackson :( who met an early demise while trying to fix their electronics. Though Monica and Grim are friends-he still refused her request to revive Omar.

I'm a little underwhelmed with Omar's haunting so far. He doesn't seem to startle the girls much-in fact, one evening he and Monica just started chatting like everything was normal. That could use some work.

Both girls were upset for a few days after Omar's death, however Sohpia seems to have taken it the hardest. I don't know, if this has to do with traits?

Monica is Self assured, Romantic and Outgoing.
Sophia is Family, Neat and a Foodie.

Monica has moved on with life and functions fine-Sophia will stop in the middle of cooking breakfast to go over to Omar's urn and will start sobbing-and then has a 3 or 4 hour moodlet about grieving for her friend. It's difficult to get her to focus on anything. Sophia has also started hanging out at the kitchen bar far more often. Every time she takes a moment to grieve for Omar, she then goes over and prepares herself a drink.I have started to micro manage her time, I just don't know what else to do. She has now taken up the violin (hard on the ears yet). And gardening and yes, usually has the option to water with her tears.

She and Omar weren't even romantically involved, they were friends but not the best of friends. I was considering pushing towards pairing them up for marriage but never got that far. I don't know, maybe she needs to get married and have kids? Even when I micro manage her she tries to slip off to cry over him. I don't want to get rid of his urn but I'm starting to think that might be the best. I wish we still had grave yards :(

And yet, Monica-happy as can be, still making friends and having a good time where ever she can
(Adding the pictures after I post, as the forum and photobucket are giving me a hard time)

(EA_Lanna: Edited Thread title to be more specific to the opening post and removed image links as they were broken)
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member
    edited January 2015
    Did Sophia actually witness Omar die?

Also, there is a mod over at Mod the Sims that takes away autonomous mourning. I am not sure if it is tied to traits, whether or not those who witness grieve more (that is my standing theory) or if it is just programmed that way.

I have a sim who is a lot like Sophia. She witnessed her father die and would not stop mourning and soon took up drinking. She was also a highly skilled gardener.

On the other hand, a sim completely non-related to but living in the same house as the father, also would not stop mourning. I had to install the mod because I play a Legacy and keep all tombstones on the lot and on the familial graveyard. It has helped a lot and the ghosts/sims/family are all happy. Plus I can have them mourn when I want to.

EDIT?: Holy cow your forum avatar is precious.
    CxevBFV.gif
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Once the 'Very Sad' moodlet goes away, they usually stop going to the urn/grave to mourn. That's how its been in my game anyway. The moodlet lasts 2 days I believe.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    I had a story focused on making a playable ghost, and wanted to make it so my Sim would and his friends/family would be happy for him to be a ghost, sadly that did not happen. Constant crying and tears shed, and even when the very sad moodlet (from death) vanished, my Sims kept crying to the urn.

I would suggest putting it one of your Sim's inventory she they do not autonomously cry for the dead Sim, as it gives them the recurring Sad emotion.
    Happy Simming
  • lizziebeth0890lizziebeth0890 Posts: 88 Member
    Any sim I have with the family oriented trait seem to mourn constantly. I invited a sim who was family oriented to move in with me and he used to mourn at the urns of sims he never met. It's a bit strange.
  • Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Wait , she goes and fixes herself a drink afterwards?

Maybe the sims need a AA program.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Yep. WHen my household first generation died their daughter quickly moved on with her life. Her husband however ALWAYS walks over to their urns and mourn them, he didn't even like them! He is not familyoriented or has any type of trait that could possibly be the cause of this.
  • IrishSimmerGirlIrishSimmerGirl Posts: 10 New Member
    Well, if Sophia is family-oriented I suppose she'd take a roomate or family members death harder. I'm not sure, but that's probably my best guess.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi I'm closing this thread as it's been necro'd. I've created a new thread for some recent posts. They warrant their own discussion thread as this thread seems to be focused on the OP's Sims in particular. New thread on "Grieving Sims" in general can be found HERE.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top