Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is there any way to easily track custom content used in making a sim?

MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
like if you wanted to zip up files of a complete sim and send it to a friend or upload it to a website?
Post edited by MiSFiT203 on

Comments

• ChimeraNovaChimeraNova Posts: 32 Member
    I think usually when uploading a sim with CC, you would provide links to the content rather than include it in the download itself.

As for tracking the files, I'm not sure if there's and easier way - I think you just have to keep note of what CC you use during creation? I don't think there's a facility to list the CC you have used, I could be wrong though.
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    i have so much CC i dont even know what i use, thats the problem. lol
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »
    like if you wanted to zip up files of a complete sim and send it to a friend or upload it to a website?

I think MTS site has a utility to do this. Go over to their site/Downloads/The Sims 4/ Programs and Utilities.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited January 2015
    thanks cinebar, i checked, but didnt see anything.

Still looking for a solution if anyone knows one. Thanks
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    edited January 2015
    I think usually when uploading a sim with CC, you would provide links to the content rather than include it in the download itself. <br />
    <br />
    As for tracking the files, I'm not sure if there's and easier way - I think you just have to keep note of what CC you use during creation? I don't think there's a facility to list the CC you have used, I could be wrong though.

Yeah link would be so much better for the creator of the mods as it will drive more traffic to the site so they can work for more CC.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
    i'd have no problem doing that if i only knew what c/c i actually used lol. i currently have 1500+ c/c items in game which makes things kinda hard to figure out. i see people post links to c/c all the time, which makes we curious how they actually do it.
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    zerbu.tumblr.com/post/104251575512/the-sims-4-cc-tracker

CC tracker made by Zerbu.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
    sweet, looks like exactly what i wanted, thanks so much Ayumap! greatly appreciated!
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2015
    > @MiSFiT203 said:
    > sweet, looks like exactly what i wanted, thanks so much Ayumap! greatly appreciated!

You're welcome. :) I hope to see it improved on in the future but for the most part it gets the job done. I use it if ever I have bad CC that I need to identify / get rid of. Happy simming!
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top