Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Surivalist Trait added with Outdoors pack

2...Next

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    > @PHOEBESMOM601 said:<br />
    > Would you really get lost in the woods or would it be like TSM and you just disappear into a different kind of rabbit hole? Also the word reward bothers me. I'm going to guess that if you collect enough stuff and do a little more *do this to get that* kind of play you get the trait?<br />
    <br />
    Any time you complete an aspiration you get a special trait + tons of aspiration points. Example: Bodybuilding aspiration gives you a trait to increase how long you live and the gardening trait makes it so you can't catch on fire.

Gardening won't let you catch on fire? Well there goes another thing I might like. I sometimes liked gardening in my games but I also give them cheap stoves and fireplaces for a reason. >:)

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2015
    > @PHOEBESMOM601 said:
    > Ayumap wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Gardening won't let you catch on fire? Well there goes another thing I might like. I sometimes liked gardening in my games but I also give them cheap stoves and fireplaces for a reason.

Yeah, that's the nice thing about completing the aspirations; they give pretty cool traits. :)
    The exact description is: "Naturalist: "Sims that are Naturalists don't need to fear fire; it won't touch them, and they can extinguish it with ease."

Of course if you're lazy like me and just want the trait you can just use the cheat to complete milestones. >.>

Edit: This quoting thing is really bothering me >,< but I don't know how to fix it.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
    > Ayumap wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Gardening won't let you catch on fire? Well there goes another thing I might like. I sometimes liked gardening in my games but I also give them cheap stoves and fireplaces for a reason.<br />
    <br />
    Yeah, that's the nice thing about completing the aspirations. They give pretty cool traits. :)<br />
    The exact description is: "Naturalist: "Sims that are Naturalists don't need to fear fire; it won't touch them, and they can extinguish it with ease."<br />
    <br />
    Edit: This quoting thing is really bothering me >,< but I don't know how to fix it.

But I don't want my Sims to extinguish it with ease, I buy them cheap stoves and put in fireplaces for a reason. It's one of the ways I can kill them off when I get tired of their shenanigans.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    > @PHOEBESMOM601 said:
    > Ayumap wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > But I don't want my Sims to extinguish it with ease, I buy them cheap stoves and put in fireplaces for a reason. It's one of the ways I can kill them off when I get tired of their shenanigans.

;( Fair enough. I guess you could garden and just not choose that aspiration. Or, just finish everything except the last milestone.
    The other two nature related traits are Angler's Tranquility ("all sims problems melt away while fishing" and The Curator "Sell metals,crystals,elements, and fossils for extra money". Here's a link to the rest of the Aspiration Traits if you're interested. :)
    carls-sims-4-guide.com/aspirations/
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    Would you really get lost in the woods or would it be like TSM and you just disappear into a different kind of rabbit hole? Also the word reward bothers me. I'm going to guess that if you collect enough stuff and do a little more *do this to get that* kind of play you get the trait?

Whenever you complete an aspiration, there is a reward trait associated with that aspiration. Just like all the aspirations in base game. =) Then when you move onto another aspiration, you keep that trait and gain more through whatever you choose next. I personally love the idea of completing a life goal and getting a reward out of it for my sim, then picking another goal. Say, I have "Build a successful family" and get the reward trait, my now elder sim can retire and have the outdoor one to fish and whatnot until they peacefully die. Living the dream imo!
    Would you really get lost in the woods or would it be like TSM and you just disappear into a different kind of rabbit hole? Also the word reward bothers me. I'm going to guess that if you collect enough stuff and do a little more *do this to get that* kind of play you get the trait?

Whenever you complete an aspiration, there is a reward trait associated with that aspiration. Just like all the aspirations in base game. =) Then when you move onto another aspiration, you keep that trait and gain more through whatever you choose next. I personally love the idea of completing a life goal and getting a reward out of it for my sim, then picking another goal. Say, I have "Build a successful family" and get the reward trait, my now elder sim can retire and have the outdoor one to fish and whatnot until they peacefully die. Living the dream imo!

You and I play very differently. I seldom play families. My Sims are usually homeless, evil or insane and they have scads of drama going on. I have nothing against how anyone else plays....that's been the great thing about Sims...we all play in our own way. It's just that I'd rather pound nails in my head than play a legacy or generation upon generation.

• KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member

You and I play very differently. I seldom play families. My Sims are usually homeless, evil or insane and they have scads of drama going on. I have nothing against how anyone else plays....that's been the great thing about Sims...we all play in our own way. It's just that I'd rather pound nails in my head than play a legacy or generation upon generation.

It depends on my mood to be honest. But my main point was that they are added rewards in the game already so for this aspiration to have them isn't surprising. =)
  • SandBumblebeeSandBumblebee Posts: 76 Member
    Lost in the woods, that sounds like fun, the more I learn about this stuff pack the better I like it.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    > Ayumap wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Gardening won't let you catch on fire? Well there goes another thing I might like. I sometimes liked gardening in my games but I also give them cheap stoves and fireplaces for a reason.<br />
    <br />
    Yeah, that's the nice thing about completing the aspirations. They give pretty cool traits. :)<br />
    The exact description is: "Naturalist: "Sims that are Naturalists don't need to fear fire; it won't touch them, and they can extinguish it with ease."<br />
    <br />

But I don't want my Sims to extinguish it with ease, I buy them cheap stoves and put in fireplaces for a reason. It's one of the ways I can kill them off when I get tired of their shenanigans.

I just move Sims I'm tired of out into the Not in World population and let them fend for themselves. If they die, they die.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I'm not getting this game pack until it comes out, if at all. I need to know more about how it actually affects gameplay.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I'm always up for content (as long as it's not stuff packs). Looking forward to the campfire songs and the new world.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Claret1011Claret1011 Posts: 297 Member
    The new aspiration sounds awesome. I never knew what aspiration pick for my outdoorsy Sims!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I usually like the collecting one for outdoors Sims because then you can sell collectibles for a lot more money. The gardening one is also good.

Now I want them to bring back laptops so my outdoors Sim can work on the computer outside. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)