Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let it die

Comments

• AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I think that the reason that you talk about your disappointment as a consumer is to evoke change. That is not going to happen if you sit and do nothing. If you do that, and just settle, you deserve what you get. You also have to keep it on the table so there is no chance of it to be forgotten by EA. EA needs to know what is wrong with the product. The video does a nice job of pointing a good share of those things out. People care about this franchise.

Ok, but then why do people who are disappointed keep coming into threads where we want to talk about what's right with the game and trying to derail them? EA needs to know what is wrong with the product, but EA also needs to know what is right with the product. And what's right for one customer may not be right for another customer. And some discussions we want to have with other Simmers, not just EA. If you want to know why the positive simmers feel ignored, for one thing it is because our threads are constantly being moved to the Feedback section, but we don't see that with the negative feedback threads staying in General Discussion.

That is subjective.

Ok, name one positive thread that hasn't been subject to a derail attempt and/or moved to Feedback quickly.

Name on negative thread that hasn't been subjected to a derail attempt. As far as the feedback aspect all thread that are feedback go to the feedback section, positive and negative both go quickly. Haven't seen where that hasn't happened.
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

Sigzy05 wrote: »

And again, it was only one gif and one image, I did not spam more than one gif -.- Second like I said I posted the pic for everyone to see didn't called anyone hater like I already said, in my country, "se a carapuça serviu..." And I did participate on the duscussion by giving my opinion, I don't agree with it, so to participate on a discussion now you have to say the same opinion as others do? Is that it?

Don´t bother.

Everyone with half a brain knows what spamming means, and would be able to read what you acctually wrote and not what they want to think you wrote. These kinds of arguments never go anywhere but round and round and they are a huge waste of time. Pretending someone said something other than what they acctually said is nothing but a rethorical tactics in order to score a point in the pointless realm of the internet forum.

53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Some people need to visit @SimGuruBChick etiquette thread stickies at the top of the forum. Bad behaviour has no sides. It's just bad behaviour. Trust the moderators to do their job to the best of their ability, report when you see bad behaviour and contact her if you feel you have an issue with someone being rude consistently.

It's beside the point of this thread though. Just the questions of this nature are derailing this thread.

It's important people can share good and bad experiences of the sims 4. People have the right to communicate their feelings and this video allows discussion around them.
  • MAFEBISIMAFEBISI Posts: 160 Member
    Please, we're going to off-topic again! They will close this topic as they did with the other negative topics. Be careful!
    edited January 2015
    ZhakiraP wrote: »

And again, it was only one gif and one image, I did not spam more than one gif -.- Second like I said I posted the pic for everyone to see didn't called anyone hater like I already said, in my country, "se a carapuça serviu..." And I did participate on the duscussion by giving my opinion, I don't agree with it, so to participate on a discussion now you have to say the same opinion as others do? Is that it?

Don´t bother.

Everyone with half a brain knows what spamming means, and would be able to read what you acctually wrote and not what they want to think you wrote. These kinds of arguments never go anywhere but round and round and they are a huge waste of time. Pretending someone said something other than what they acctually said is nothing but a rethorical tactics in order to score a point in the pointless realm of the internet forum.

Right, so is taking cheap shots at posters who have sense enough to know the guy is taking shots through his gif spam at other posters. Then posters like you equally take those cheap shots thinking people should just shut up and take those subjective insults. he doesn't have to call anyone a hater, to know that's what he means when sits there in another language and says if the shoe fits wear it.

Exactly why this forum is hostile because many players continue feeding into a double standard and excusing it. It's okay for one poster to do it's not okay for others. then want to cry foul when posters do the same to their threads. Respect goes both ways from both sides. It's clearly not hard to understand when another person is being rude. Just as equally as what you just said is rude.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    let me tell this to everyone we may all be simmers with diffrent opinions positive and negative about the sims4 but we are now in 2015 its time to put 2014 behind us and focus on 2015.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    Respect the OP and let's stop the derailing succeeding.

This thread is a discussion, you view the video, up you comment, you explain why. No ones opinion is better than others and there's no such thing as 'winning'.

I've never really watched YouTube much for reviews on the sims. Does anyone seriously believe one guys YouTube video would have any say in 'letting it die'. A success or a fail will be determined by EAs standards, not ours even though if we aren't considered they lose their custom.
    Erpe wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    An open world IS better. I don't even know why people would take the position that they prefer it to be closed just because some game developing team had problems coding a video game. Plenty of game developers have no problems with putting HUGE open areas in their games and those are games that will still run on a broad spectrum of PC's, so that's not a valid excuse to me either. We sacrificed a ton of control by not having an open world in the sims. How can you honestly say that you don't mind not being able to control multiple sims doing multiple things in multiple areas of town anymore? That you like how it works now better... lol..
    ^THAT!

And to the people who think there will be Sims 5 if Sims 4 fails, well it was Rodiek himself who said quite contrary. I don't have a link at hand right now but I know I am not the only one who has read it.

EDIT: I just googled it and got way over 8.000 matches! So it's all over the internet.
    https://google.de/search?num=30&newwindow=1&site=&source=hp&q=rodiek+no+sims+5&oq=rodiek+no+sims+5&gs_l=hp.3...1409.8636.0.9012.17.17.0.0.0.0.311.1913.13j2j0j2.17.0.msedr...0...1c.1.60.hp..9.8.929.0.-SeK62LHt7U
    This is old news because the Sims 4 has already sold more than 1.5 million copies and that is even physical DVDs only. So the Sims 4 didn't fail at all even if people stopped buying it now. Therefore there is no reason at all to assume that EA won't start making the Sims 5 in a few months. they almost certainly will.

That doesn't mean that they already will decide all the details about the Sims 5 though because they will review and change details and plans many times as usual before they have the final version of the game. So the reception of the game packs for the new game packs will of course also among other things influence what kind of game the Sims 5 will be. But the game will be designed and unless something unexpected happens it will also be released in something like 2019.

In 4 months time and with massive sales.
    It doesn't matter because the number of digital downloads was high and EA keeps all the money for themselves when they sell a game as a digital download.

I don't know how big EA's income from the Sims 4 has been compared to what they got from the Sims 3. But I do know that compared to all other current games from EA the Sims 4 sales numbers have been extremely good. So there is no chance that EA won't make more Sims games just because a few people in this forum don't like the Sims 4.

Then why aren't they bragging about the Sims 4 sales? They do brag when things are going well.

They aren't bragging because those sales aren't good at all that's why. We already know if sales were okay they'd have never bothered to tell us to keep yelling and complaining. We already know they would have bragged from the highest hills look our game did even better than before. They knew before release this game was unwanted they embraced for the impact of it all anyway.

Just people don't want to openly admit the game isn't a success, i doubt those gamepacks are going to be as succesful as people think as well because for one you have a lot of simmers angry alone that the base game isn't complete. Even if they're starving for game content a little tidbit is just going to make them even more angry.

At the end of the day ea shot themselves in the foot with trying to target a new audience and again going after a fruitless market. First it was the rpg, than it was the online, now it's mobile. Seriously EA listen to yourselves, your making pc games, and console games to target Mobile markets.....
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Anavastia wrote: »

Don´t bother.

Right, so is taking cheap shots at posters who have sense enough to know the guy is taking shots through his gif spam at other posters. Then posters like you equally take those cheap shots thinking people should just shut up and take those subjective insults. he doesn't have to call anyone a hater, to know that's what he means when sits there in another language and says if the shoe fits wear it.

Exactly why this forum is hostile because many players continue feeding into a double standard and excusing it. It's okay for one poster to do it's not okay for others. then want to cry foul when posters do the same to their threads. Respect goes both ways from both sides. It's clearly not hard to understand when another person is being rude. Just as equally as what you just said is rude.

If you want to read that into it I guess I can´t stop you. Which pretty much proves my point.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

Don´t bother.

If you want to read that into it I guess I can´t stop you. Which pretty much proves my point.

If you had actually read the previous posts by that poster, they actually tell a very different story.

There's never an excuse to go into a thread just for the sake of causing trouble. And it's very obvious when someone does. It's equally obvious when someone decides to agree with someone simply because they view themselves as being part of an attacked minority. It won't work, because it isn't the truth. Derailing the thread doesn't invalidate the points made in the video and being rude and insulting only makes the guilty parties look bad. There's no reason for people to defend anybody else here. Behavior speaks for itself. A good, valid argument doesn't need a bunch of people sticking up for it - it's unfounded trolling that needs validation to survive.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg

Don´t bother.

Right and it never fails your harrassment of me. Every time a make a post or comment to another person you fall in line between the forum rules to take cheap shots at me. Of which now you're trying to say I have half a brain which is so cowardly. Why not just say it to my face, because you know enough that if you talk to me how you want to you get a ban. I'll say it again i don't know what your problem is but it's just getting sick now. No one was even talking to you yet you still took your time out to follow me and take shots. I've requested dozens of times for to stop. Many times to leave me alone which you won't. I'm sure people will look at this and not do a thing about it.

It just proves my point you aren't here to discuss you're hear to cause trouble and pick fights.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Don´t bother.

Right and it never fails your harrassment of me. Every time a make a post or comment to another person you fall in line between the forum rules to take cheap shots at me. Of which now you're trying to say I have half a brain which is so cowardly. Why not just say it to my face, because you know enough that if you talk to me how you want to you get a ban. I'll say it again i don't know what your problem is but it's just getting sick now. No one was even talking to you yet you still took your time out to follow me and take shots. I've requested dozens of times for to stop. Many times to leave me alone which you won't. I'm sure people will look at this and not do a thing about it.

It just proves my point you aren't here to discuss you're hear to cause trouble and pick fights.

I'm sorry but the victim thingy not working darling, you are being as rude as he or I was, I have to admit that I may have exagerated by posting that pic, but I never spamed or overthought about anything you have posted here, if you don't like cover your eyes, don't atack other people.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    So about this video in the OP, any more thoughts?
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited January 2015
    edited January 2015

Don´t bother.

I'm sorry but the victim thingy not working darling, you are being as rude as he or I was, I have to admit that I may have exagerated by posting that pic, but I never spamed or overthought about anything you have posted here, if you don't like cover your eyes, don't atack other people.

You made two posts both where gifs. I called it gif spam because neither contributed to the topic at hand, and both where to be rude to other posters. I didn't over think a thing it was gif spam, don't like it don't spam gifs into topics. Equally don't come into the forums just to sit there and be rude to other people and think everyone is going to let it slide. Like I said, i didn't say a thing to you that called you a name i said to you your etiquette for the forum is bad and i get sick of this kind of thing happening because once again it feeds endless bickering. You clearly where attacking people but now you want to play at you weren't. Like i said im not about to cover my eyes, it was rude and you shouldn't have done it.

That's all im freaking going to say about it im going to start reporting people and i wish mods didn't play favorites when you report people clearly hell bent on antagonizing others.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Take it to PM guys you are derailing the thread. And messing up my lurking I might add! ;)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Don´t bother.

You made two posts both where gifs. I called it gif spam because neither contributed to the topic at hand, and both where to be rude to other posters. I didn't over think a thing it was gif spam, don't like it don't spam gifs into topics. Equally don't come into the forums just to sit there and be rude to other people and think everyone is going to let it slide. Like I said, i didn't say a thing to you that called you a name i said to you your etiquette for the forum is bad and i get sick of this kind of thing happening because once again it feeds endless bickering. You clearly where attacking people but now you want to play at you weren't. Like i said im not about to cover my eyes, it was rude and you shouldn't have done it.

I didn't call you a name either, not my fault the pic, not gif, offended you, bye.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member

I just think the video did a good job of succinctly wrapping up 4 of the glaring issues with TS4, I think each of us could go on for days about what we personally feel would be needed to make the base game complete, but I really enjoyed watching him list the facts and include his own opinion as well. Yes, he did come across as a bit dramatic at times, but he sounded just like me when I talk to people about how disappointed I am as well, lol, I can get pretty worked up!

Enough. I'm not watching people ganging up against each other. If it continues it will be reported and dealt with. It's not fair to anyone or the OP.

Thanks @Katlyn2525‌. Back to discussions that are on topic!

mortia wrote: »

I just think the video did a good job of succinctly wrapping up 4 of the glaring issues with TS4, I think each of us could go on for days about what we personally feel would be needed to make the base game complete, but I really enjoyed watching him list the facts and include his own opinion as well. Yes, he did come across as a bit dramatic at times, but he sounded just like me when I talk to people about how disappointed I am as well, lol, I can get pretty worked up!

Yes I agree. People get dramatic when they care! :)
    Bye! Okay now back to the topic at hand.

I wish they would tell us what the engine is capable of. Any programmers around? It would be more useful to discuss whether to keep or scrap if we knew what could be done.

For example, I've heard that open world and CASt aren't possible. I've read in other threads that it's not certain whether the engine could handle adding in toddlers. Thoughts?
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    EA should have scrapped the remains of Olympus and delayed The Sims 4 for another four or five years as they recreate the game from scratch while taking feedback from the Sim community, not social media.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member

I wish they would tell us what the engine is capable of. Any programmers around? It would be more useful to discuss whether to keep or scrap if we knew what could be done.

For example, I've heard that open world and CASt aren't possible. I've read in other threads that it's not certain whether the engine could handle adding in toddlers. Thoughts?

I hadn't heard that toddlers couldn't be added back in just that they couldn't be added right away. They gave up on some things in the short term is what I thought. Hope that isn't true. I don't see why they couldn't exist if children can. Hope we get an answer about the engine. You should start a new thread and see if we get an answer. :)
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    The points in the video are valid. You can't say anything about the pools because at the time the video was made the pools did not exist in the game. I am glad they were added back in later.
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited January 2015

I am dubious about Open World or CASt ever coming back, but I am curious as to why people wouldn't think that the engine could handle toddlers?

I read a thread on Mod The Sims one day where someone basically asked, how much of TS4 could potentially be changed by Modders. One of the replies surprised me by saying that really, the sky was the limit, assuming that Modders had access to the code. What do you think? Could there possibly be a day that we see a Twallan-esque Modder come along and make the game playable in the way that many of us want it to be? Would it even be a possibility?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top