Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Rooms Ever! Recommendations for Maxis Tab

Comments

• bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    kamb1403 wrote: »
    These are all great guys, we really appreciate it. Keep 'em coming!

@SimGuruLeanne ~ why do you want us to keep nominating? I know for a fact that Maxis hasn't favourited rooms that have been nominated on this thread. Why ask for nominations if you aren't favouriting the ones that have been nominated?

We have these recommendation threads so that players can nominate creations by other Simmers, and they give us a chance to see awesome work that we might otherwise miss. As per the rules outlined in the Lots thread here, we do not guarantee that the recommendations will get curated. Sometimes, they will already have been curated or they may not pass a critical technical check. We do look at every single nomination on both these threads.

and yet you favourite lots and rooms that are tacky and not at all appealing - great work
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    I nominate Vogue and Executive House by MzHicks
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • startingsomethingstartingsomething Posts: 21 New Member
    I'd like to nominate:

All in one by TessoW
    Small Study by bokylie1
    The Salon by AmcioX and
    Reading Nook by bookbug
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    edited January 2015
    Could I propose one name of good creator per week, show few his/her works and after this Maxis will be decide if and which of his/her works could be acceptable?
    For example please have a look at
    aurora16xd works
    Little garden -- for me beautiful
    http://www.thesims.com./gallery/6D50D64D8E0511E48AB090A1B6F41389
    or more oryginal
    School bus Park
    http://www.thesims.com./gallery/892DC6F48BB411E48F89175EBA42CB36
    or this one I love colours match
    livingroom xd
    http://www.thesims.com./gallery/5055EC308C2111E48854175EBA42CB36
    something from real
    buonanotte Isa
    http://www.thesims.com./gallery/F7F10FE790FB11E484108833C1640AE4
    I love colours here
    Star dressing room
    http://www.thesims.com./gallery/B71BA9AB920111E48181E325BAE3873C
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Sheba1197Sheba1197 Posts: 48 Member
    edited January 2015
    My nominations for rooms :smiley:
    BELLA'S GOTH BATHROOM - jolasim
    LITTLE BOYS BEDROOM - jjjsims4
    SECOND CHANCE BATHROOM V2 - agusiamal
    LET'S GO TO THE BEACH ^-^ - relhcuk1
    FASHION LOVE BEDROOM - findjoo
    MARRIED COUPLE'S BEDROOM - Zita1966
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Red and White livingroom by Sheba1197
  • GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    edited February 2015
    Married Couple's Bedroom by Zita1966 Very realistic Maxis favored
    Golden Wedding Ballroom by Zita1966
    Post edited by GuruFanNo1 on
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    New one:

Modern Bathroom by Sheba1197
  • startingsomethingstartingsomething Posts: 21 New Member
    Nominating
    Christopher's Room - RyeCris16 and
    Tale of Two Sisters - bokylie1
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited January 2015

and yet you favourite lots and rooms that are tacky and not at all appealing - great work

Some of that is pretty subjective, you might find some of it tacky and unappealing whereas another person might really like it. Like anything based on an opinion there will always be 'hit and miss' for one crowd to the next. There are some favorites that make perfect sense and others that make very little but between ten people, each one will have a different opinion on how good or bad they think it is.

Edit: I did get a response on the matter, in a nutshell we'll just have to accept that our opinions on favorited content will vary and they can't just pick everything from the forums. Nothing that hasn't been mentioned before, really. :)
    Post edited by TheGreenLion on
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited January 2015
    @SimGuruLeanne I'm sorry for the way in which you were approached regarding continuing nominations, but your response did raise a question for me. In particular, you said that creations "may not pass a critical technical check." Can you divulge what the critical technical check actually is or give us a general idea? Is this like a check for CC? Too many objects? Too much MOO? I'm just curious about what technical issues might prevent a particular room or lot from getting a favorite. As a builder, I certainly want to make sure I'm not doing anything that could cause a problem!

Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member

@SimGuruLeanne ~ why do you want us to keep nominating? I know for a fact that Maxis hasn't favourited rooms that have been nominated on this thread. Why ask for nominations if you aren't favouriting the ones that have been nominated?

We have these recommendation threads so that players can nominate creations by other Simmers, and they give us a chance to see awesome work that we might otherwise miss. As per the rules outlined in the Lots thread here, we do not guarantee that the recommendations will get curated. Sometimes, they will already have been curated or they may not pass a critical technical check. We do look at every single nomination on both these threads.

This will be the last time I post on this. In your rules outlined in the Lots thread, you state "Great to see nominations from our established builders, but wouldn't it be great to nominate some hidden gems? If you have time, nominate an "unknown" builder."

Unknown builders keep getting nominated yet you keep favouriting the established builders. Why would anyone unknown builder want to keep seeing themselves being nominated by other simmers just to see Maxis over look them time and time again.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member

This will be the last time I post on this. In your rules outlined in the Lots thread, you state "Great to see nominations from our established builders, but wouldn't it be great to nominate some hidden gems? If you have time, nominate an "unknown" builder."

Unknown builders keep getting nominated yet you keep favouriting the established builders. Why would anyone unknown builder want to keep seeing themselves being nominated by other simmers just to see Maxis over look them time and time again.
    Unknown builders for me are builders who doesn't show themselves on the forums. I have a feeling that this is what Maxis might
    be looking for as well. I have nominated many builders who I have only seen on the gallery and some of them has indeed ended up on
    Maxis tab. So what you're saying is simply not true. I get the feeling that you are just angry and disappointed that they haven't picked
    any of your nominations. I have lost count on how many times you have called everybody else's work tacky. Even Maxis choices are tacky
    according to you. I get it, I really do. But being disrespectful and rude will get you nowhere. You should be thankful and glad that people
    are still willing to visit your thread and encourage you to continue sharing your work.
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    @BryonyRae I asked that particular question too. ;) SimGuruLeanne wasn't allowed to spill the beans though beyond subjectivity being a part of it which is understandable. They do seem to be doing well in choosing a variety of builds with varying amounts of elements (architecture, landscaping, interior design (for rooms especially), use of objects and lighting/color) so we don't always see the same theme or skill level being favorited. I don't think a lot of us on the forums here have anything to worry about, I'm thinking disaster (MOOed stuff ending up in strange places, areas that are furnished but routing is blocked) or CC would prevent a favorite. Some of the MOO issues we can't really do much about, or like Cerrydd pointed out that not every lot yields the same placement results.
  • LadyDaKareLadyDaKare Posts: 212 Member
    I would like to nominate a few rooms I've just fallen in love with. I don't know if they will all pass the technical test, but, I hope you will seriously consider them for the ingenuity.

We don't have washer and dryers in TS4 but she found a way to give them to us anyways. The ingenuity of it alone is why I'm nominating.

Washer and Dryer by LynnLynn69
    Laundry Room by LynnLynn69

I LOVE SHOES! This room uses a building cheat to achieve the look of a magnificent closet that most women just dream of! This woman made my SHOE dreams come true!

Master Closet No Cc by Sherryd0

Some beautiful rooms mixing and matching. Great use of lights and all nocc

French Provincial by jolasim
    Butterfly by Xhexenia1
  • KtosikKtosik Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2015
    My nominations

Leavy Bedroom by Anna_Vel_annA ♥♥♥Thanks Maxis♥♥♥

Winter Bathroom by kreatora

arkadia /no cc/ by saszenka ♥♥♥Thanks Maxis♥♥♥

royal palms kitchen by faith7998
    Post edited by Ktosik on
    Laundry Room by LynnLynn69
    Butterfly by Xhexenia1
    MOMMY'S UNISEX BABY ROOM by Zita1966
    MODERN VERANDA no cc by Zita1966
    edited February 2015
    More valentine nominations:

VALENTINE POOL - by Zita1966
    BE MY VALENTINE BEDROOM -BY Zita1966
  • SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    REMINDER: This thread is for people to post their recommendations for OTHER people's creations. Please don't post your own creations here.

Thank you.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Yvonne2772Yvonne2772 Posts: 174 Member
    edited February 2015
  • JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    Maxis, can you recommend Valentine Grove by NeonnKnightt for those Valentine's Simmers out there?!

zusftx.png

2mr9uua.png
    71rbpi.png
    I would like to nominate Bed Bugs by MzHicks its super cute take a look ;-)
    ~My showcase thread~
    basic bedroom by awsome3458 it is sleek and modern
    ~My showcase thread~