Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So I reinstalled sims 3.....

It took all day, but I got there! lol.

I do have Sims 4, but i don't really touch it. I get bored easily and the no family tree thing annoys me (when I want a legacy).

I stopped playing 3 awhile back because of the bugs, endless bugs!....BUT the only bugs I have had this time around is that Isla Paradiso is unplayable....can anyone say LAG????

Things I have missed after going from 4 to 3?

-Just grabbing the face and body in CAS and moving the parts I want (not a huge deal though)
-The placing of rooms and moving of walls etc in 4 was awesome, but again I can deal without it.
-Some of the new interactions.....but again, they aren't hugely missed.
-I did like the look of 4 and things were a bit more streamlined in build/CAS mode.
-I have forgotten a few things, but I like pregnancy more in 4 than in 3.

Overall I know that 3 has all the expansions and stuff packs. So DUH, it's gunna be less boring. At the same time I am glad it was a birthday present and I didn't fork out $80 AU for it. Sims 3 was more exciting to get your hands on when it came out, Open world! Create a Pattern! Story Progression! (ok that part never even worked for me without mods lol) Traits, Moodlets etc.

I am not feeling that with 4. I was impressed with CAS, but thats it. Hopefully it gets better in the years to come. Ill just play Sims 3 until it bugs out on me again lol.

Comments

• Raychel8Raychel8 Posts: 110 Member
    I agree!! I've been trying to find my sims 3 box and disk to reinstall, just gonna wait for an EP for the sims 4 that looks appealing
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Welcome back to the Sims 3. I played Sims 4 for four days and haven't touched it since. It's not the game that I expected for the next generation of Sims.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    As someone who loves Sims 4 I went back into Sims 3 today to give it another shot because I realized how much money I spent on the game and HOW LITTLE I explored. There were features I never even touched! I guess you'll have that when the game had FREAKING 11 EXPANSIONS! I gave it a try and it wasn't too bad. The thing I hate most are the robotic sims who barely have any personality but I found that having them live in a small custom world made the game load much faster and I have Twallan's travel mod which is awesome. I realize there is nothing stopping me from enjoying both 3 and 4. I will just play whichever one strikes my mood when I want to play! :)
  • MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    I never uninstalled the Sims 3, thank goodness. ;)
  • LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I feel your pain, OP. I had also uninstalled Sims 3 and it took me almost 2 days to get it all back. All the EPs/SPs and then going through the store to see what I wanted and didn't want. The more you install, the longer the load time. Then I had to carefully pick through all my CC and mods to see what I really couldn't live without....

Turns out that I just had to have it all, lol.

About IP and lag....you have Sunlit Tides? I turned that into an IP style world with dive lots and a resort. I wouldn't put houseboats there because the water is shallow and you may run into issues.....the same issues you run into in IP when a houseboat resident decides to move their house on their own and it gets stuck somewhere.

If you don't know how to make dive lots, I used the tutorial at SimsVIP. I don't normally endorse that site but for this case, they did a really good job on the instructions.
  • meekeeleekeemeekeeleekee Posts: 202 Member
    @lokisimsies I don't have sunlit tides. I had tried in the past making my own dive lots but Could never get them as nice as others. I'm not as gifted at building and stuff as some simmers
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Welcome back! Isla Paradiso causes problems for a lot of people and there is a solution - just move all the families who live in houseboats into regular houses. That usually fixes the problem. But I highly recommend using Twallan's Mods from NRaas Industries - the make the game work the way it is supposed to. It is a shame that EA had to rely on a third-party to fix their (spaghetti) code, but I guess they are happy that he did it for free...
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Welcome back! Like someone else said, I'm playing both 3 and 4, I just play which ever I have the urge for. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • meekeeleekeemeekeeleekee Posts: 202 Member
    @schweighsr they probably don't bother fixing things if someone else is going to do it for free! lol I haven't loaded any mods or CC this time and am seeing how things run. BUT if i get some bugs I shall re install my twallans mods for sure