Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free Content Updates to Continue!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    *sniff* I dont know this until they post it on their official website.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • jh2011jh2011 Posts: 137 Member
    edited January 2015
    This makes me happy :)
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Wow aren't you excited.... I would show the same excitement if I knew the frequency and time frame of this and if the content were actually stuff we have been dying for like family trees, toddlers, dishwashers, etc.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    I wish for an new and improved evolved: Family Tree, Sim portraits, and Sim photos !!!!
  • LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    Com-on Sims-4 Devs.....WOW US WITH SOMETHING!
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I would like to see the regular npc back, like policemen, thieves, babysitters, etc
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    edited January 2015
    In fairness to them. The patches we've received so far have been pretty cool. Especially the Decemeber patch. It had quite a few bonuses we'd asked for.

I just really hope they address the things we really want. Toddlers would be almost too good to be true but obviously they are aware that is the NO.1 want throughout the majority of the Sims community, not just on this forum but if you look anywhere on the internet. Family trees would be another huge want but I think i'd rather just have both in a fleshed out Generations expansion pack. Of course the problem there is, not everyone would buy it and that would mean that some of us had entirely new lifestages (if they add pre-teen as well) I imagine this difference in coding would be very difficult to skirt around when it came to future content and how the game develops around it.

That's why I think it isn't impossible we will get things like that in patches. That way everyone will be forced to have them in their game like they usually would be with past base games.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Great more forced patching if I would like said content in my game and a patch to make for more game issues. They need to separate game content form game fix patches, so they can tell what borks the game, from the patch or content. Patches are for fixing the game not game content. Free DLC would be better for content IMHO.
    It is great that they are going to still give us free content I just hope it helps to improve the game for me. :)
  • SnazzyTazzySnazzyTazzy Posts: 41 Member
    I'm hoping for the best! :)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Hi :D

The free updates in the future!

This is good to hear B) I hope they add more that was removed and fix some bugs!

Link for post,

http://simsvip.com/2015/01/08/the-sims-4-free-content-updates-will-continue/

According to a tweet by SimGuruSarah, The Sims team is planning to continue free content updates in the future. The first set of free updates, which included pools, ghosts, and careers, was announced in 2014.

Sarah Holding @SimGuruSarah
    Follow
    @PatrykusPL @Aleckoco @SimGuruGraham The will be free content updates (like Careers/Pools/Ghosts) in the future, as well as paid content.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    It will probably be stuff that's patched in before the eps come out like they did in the Sims 3. Basements were patched in for those who didn't buy world adventures and stuff like that.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    It is good to hear.
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    yeah more news from their OFICIAL TWITTER AND FACEBOOK since looks like the team dont know the existance of a "site" and neither a forum, yea is so awesome, know who what is supposed to have in base game in first day will be give to us slowly, very slowly.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Raychel8Raychel8 Posts: 110 Member
    All I want Is a family tree and an open world ffs is that too much to ask???
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

alan650111 wrote: »
    It is good to hear.

Hopefully another soon would be nice :D
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Terrylin wrote: »
    Great more forced patching if I would like said content in my game and a patch to make for more game issues. They need to separate game content form game fix patches, so they can tell what borks the game, from the patch or content. Patches are for fixing the game not game content. Free DLC would be better for content IMHO.
    It is great that they are going to still give us free content I just hope it helps to improve the game for me. :)
    This is true.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2015
    plopppo wrote: »
    This is true.

I don't agree in a way, why do you need for example family trees to be delivered separately? Why do you need toddlers to be delivered separately?

Even though someone might dislike sims 4 toddlers, admiting they will be delivered in a patch, if you have the option to age them up like the babies would you really need them to be a side from the patch? There are things that I belive should necessarily go into the game via patch and I prefer to have them in the base game other then having to download them seperatly even if they autonomsly download like my digital deluxe content and holiday celebration pack after the purchase.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    More free content?
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/r/yass.gif[/img]

Maybe we can finally get toddlers... in 2016! :innocent:
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    It´s pretty cool that we´ll be getting more free content updates.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Prove it.

Many fans want toddlers, so there's an idea. :)
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    This is true.

I don't agree in a way, why do you need for example family trees to be delivered separately? Why do you need toddlers to be delivered separately?

Even though someone might dislike sims 4 toddlers, admiting they will be delivered in a patch, if you have the option to age them up like the babies would you really need them to be a side from the patch? There are things that I belive should necessarily go into the game via patch and I prefer to have them in the base game other then having to download them seperatly even if they autonomsly download like my digital deluxe content and holiday celebration pack after the purchase.

OK But what if my game doesn't have issues that need fixed? I want pools and such in my game but I am having few if any issues with my game and don't want the patches that are giving my game issues. My sims and the changes to careers and aspirations I didn't want that was forced on me. If the content was free DLC like the Christmas stuff I would have the choice IF I wanted that in my game. Plus patches are to fix issues. How can they tell if it is the patch or the new content that creates the issues when both are done at the same time? While I think it is great they are giving free content I wish it was a choice not forced. Same with patching.
    In all of the other game patches were not forced or your game wouldn't play. Only time I had to get a patch was with said EP disc. Sometimes patches break more than they fix. I just wish I could go back to the way it played when i first loaded it but I can't even do that. Or haven't found a way to as of yet. :(
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    This is true.

OK But what if my game doesn't have issues that need fixed? I want pools and such in my game but I am having few if any issues with my game and don't want the patches that are giving my game issues. My sims and the changes to careers and aspirations I didn't want that was forced on me. If the content was free DLC like the Christmas stuff I would have the choice IF I wanted that in my game. Plus patches are to fix issues. How can they tell if it is the patch or the new content that creates the issues when both are done at the same time? While I think it is great they are giving free content I wish it was a choice not forced. Same with patching.
    In all of the other game patches were not forced or your game wouldn't play. Only time I had to get a patch was with said EP disc. Sometimes patches break more than they fix. I just wish I could go back to the way it played when i first loaded it but I can't even do that. Or haven't found a way to as of yet. :(

I'm sorry you didn't like the aspiration and carrer goals rework, I didn't mind most changes especially to aspirations, this way a sim can make more than one in his or her life. Also bugs will always come with patches, even the ones that only are supose to fix stuff so it's not like by having seperate free content from the patches will help on that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    This is true.

I'm sorry you didn't like the aspiration and carrer goals rework, I didn't mind most changes especially to aspirations, this way a sim can make more than one in his or her life. Also bugs will always come with patches, even the ones that only are supose to fix stuff so it's not like by having seperate free content from the patches will help on that.

Thank you! I preferred the way the careers worked before. Although I dislike the friend requirement I will take that and the different tasks/goals to the now grind of getting skills and the 3 hr daily task we now have. The different tasks/goals before at least had my sims going and doing as to standing in front of a mirror for hours to get a skill. For example. I just wish I could go back and enjoy my game without the patches.
    I tended to have my sim work on more than one aspiration at a time. They can complete many in a life time that way. With a creative sim I would switch aspirations when they did their different creative things. :)