Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remodels and Builds

tombwritertombwriter Posts: 601 Member
edited January 2015 in The Sims 3 Builders
I figured that i'd post some more builds that ive done to hopefully give you even more inspiration for future stories. I'll give a little back story for the game and the sim-inhabitant as well. I hope you enjoy! :)

This is a remodel of a home that is already in the game. The name of the lot is Back to the Fuscia - 1br, 1ba and its located in Bridgeport. The sim that lives in this home (Veronica Lombardi) is an adventurous daredevil. She also has the brave, artistic, and disciplined trait, so she loves to travel to different countries so that she can get inspiration for her painting and compete in sparring matches to advance in her martial arts training.

This is how the original house and floorplan looked :
n35gd5.jpg
2cwvsdg.jpg
s49zpj.jpg
1602zs.jpg
2ugghuf.jpg
16ab9g8.jpg
2my6gxg.jpg

This is how I remodeled it :
2l8yvyg.jpg
m9nar7.jpg
1z2j6kg.jpg
2nas6xz.jpg
2u3wfn7.jpg
9bf7a1.jpg
1zwkf4l.jpg

I didnt expand any of the rooms, i only built walls and created others. I left the house the size that it originally was and worked within it as well as with a budget of $50k (the motherlode cheat). The original cost of the house was $15,885 furnished and $13,610 unfurnished, now the appreciated value of the home is $61,119. The garage is now fully functional, it has room for one car, as well as has her book collection/recipes, my wine racks and my washer/dryer unit.

She also owns and operates a bakery : 'Designer's Bakery' (i built this on an empty lot across the street from her home)
35d9res.jpg
51xd29.jpg
160eueu.jpg
dp77z7.jpg

And this is my sim, Veronica Lombardi :)
2059q9k.jpg

@MayaRose1138‌ @simgeek79‌ @charlotteprice‌ @janineisabaws‌ @BlazonReaper24‌
Why, yes! I do OWN the store! B)
Post edited by tombwriter on

Comments

• Options
    janineisabawsjanineisabaws Posts: 668 Member
    Honestly this is inspiring me to do a lot more in my builds. I love the details that you put into each room, especially the paintings. Are they store content or custom content? Or are they from an Expansion pack? I also love the bakery, I'm trying to save up for it because it looks like a fun way of earning simoleons in the game. And I love your sim, especially her makeup, it's really colourful :D
    Check out my youtube channel!
    MlaomyAh.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    There are only 9 cc paintings within both of the builds, the other paintings are from the EPs and stuff packs. Majority of the decor is from store content (most of which youll get from the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery), with the exception of the Vogue magazine stack in the bakery, thats cc. And thank you! I like to make colorful sims, they keep me interested in the game. I played around with remodeling alot before attempting to make my own lots from the ground up. It really helped me test out cheats and get used to the controls/commands as well.

OOH YEAH-- i almost forgot about the 'buydebug' cheat ... theres ALOT of great stuff in there as well ;)
  • Options
    Where do you get your custom content? If you don't mind me asking :P
    MlaomyAh.jpg
  • Options
    mostly from modthesims.info and a few items from thesimsresource.com

ive tried content from other sites, and there always seem to be an issue with something in-game, so i just stick to these 2. :angry:

• Options
    Yeah I used thesimsresource a lot too, I see modthesims a lot, I think I might try using it a bit more. :)
    MlaomyAh.jpg
  • Options
    BlazonReaper24BlazonReaper24 Posts: 269 Member
    edited January 2015
    The transformation of the house after decorating took my breath away. You started with something that sort of a simple layout and made it fabulous. I absolutely love your bakery, and cannot wait until I own the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery. I never got to play the Sims 2 on PC, much less with the Business expansion. The idea of own my own store though appeals to me though. It sounds like so much fun! May I also say that Veronica Lombardi's home seems to reflect her unique sense of fashionable style.
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Wow! @Tombwriter what a transformation! You took it from drab to dramatic - I love it! I too have the bakery but really haven't figured out how to get people to come and buy stuff. They keep browsing and come behind the counter. I wish it and the Bistro were more like Sims2 Open for business but it's not as far as I can tell. I've bought quite a few venues/premium content off the DD lately like you and I'm still trying a lot of it out. I haven't tried the Savvy Seller thing yet but it's my understanding that you can only sell items from the catalogue in Buy mode. Do you know if that's true? I really would love for my sims to sell their artwork, honey, jam, preserves, nectar, glass and jewelry but I don't know that they can. Also a little disappointed with the Humble Harvest stands. My sim's inventory is full of perfect berries etc... yet I don't get the option to stock the cart just to tend it at the Market and nobody bought anything :( Good job on the house again, between DD Stalking, building / decorating and a young child, it's a wonder you even have time to play the game ;)
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    This is another remodel of an in-game home that i did. The name of the lot is You're On a Boat - 1br, 1ba and it's located in Isla Paradiso (i put it on a regular lot because the water makes my game choppy). The sim that lives in this home (Orlando Sanderson) is a total womanizer! He is an attractive police officer that loves to seduce his women with the high-quality wine that he manufactures. He's a rebellious, family-oriented sim that has flirtatious nature and a kiss that'll linger on your lips for the rest of your life --but there's a catch; he has major commitment issues! I allowed him full autonomy and in the process he managed to have 24 children by 4 different women! The last time i played his story, he was constantly getting into fights due to his horrible reputation and ended up losing his job because of it (one of the women that he had children with, was his boss).

This is how the original house and floorplan looked :
    97mmw0.jpg
    s5i8mq.jpg
    2vnrwiq.jpg
    2dhd6cw.jpg
    6h3r0j.jpg
    14xgc2b.jpg

This is how I remodeled it :
    5eecec.jpg
    2wly9fl.jpg
    241t93s.jpg
    2zgx1c4.jpg
    28lgxsi.jpg
    1zgyzbq.jpg
    vpuvtl.jpg
    sb4w7b.jpg

I didnt expand any of the rooms, i only built walls and created others. I left the house the size that it originally was and worked within it as well as with a budget of $50k (the motherlode cheat). The original cost of the house was $16,309 furnished and $12,487 unfurnished, now the appreciated value of the home is $41,668. I built a basement for Orlando to make his wine and to have a washer/dryer unit to do his laundry.

And this is my sim, Orlando Sanderson .. and yes, he wears guyliner ... such a rebel!! :)
    xbeflg.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2015
    @BlazonReaper24

Thank you! :blush:

The funny thing is that i create my homes to match my sims personality. And even though she has a very independent and colorful persona, her home seemed as if it should have that high-class 50's-mod-esque feel to it! She wont have any children in the near future; could you imagine having a toddler in a home with white marble floors?! NEVER!! Hahahah
    Post edited by tombwriter on
  • Options
    This is a renovation of a trailer home 15 minutes from my real home that was gutted out, and it was super small, but the asking price was for $100k. I was completely disgusted by the asking price for a home that virtually had nothing in it. But I found myself intrigued, so i asked for a copy of the floorplan to see what exactly i could what you could achieve in such a small space. I started with an actual budget of $20k, because thats all that i felt that the house was worth, but with a $80k budget for renovations .. It's safe to say that im ready to sell my current home and move into this one! XD

fjdb1e.jpg
    w7yjw2.jpg
    jv3ofd.jpg
    xpt3jt.jpg
    117vkle.jpg
    25teues.jpg
    116jds7.jpg
    314uiys.jpg
    ndpq1w.jpg
    syb0ig.jpg
    otitz5.jpg
    i53haf.jpg
    2lt3cll.jpg
    349aybc.jpg
    w8m686.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @simgeek79 Hahahaha! Thanks, thats why i said that im extremely lucky to have a toddler thats very independent and a bonafide introvert (like his mama). He prefers to do his own thing in his own space as long as he knows that im in the room with him (which i am), and then hes content.

From my own experience, ive gotten good results when i have the bakery as a "visitors allowed" lot. And make sure to check the newspaper often so that you can size up the baking competition and know what price you should sell your goods. I thought that i was the only person disappointed with the harvest stand! The item description was soo horribly executed, because they made it seem as if we could sell our own high quality ingredients. If i couldve returned it for a full refund, i wouldve! But luckily i got it super cheap off the DD, but still, its the priniciple behind it. (But EA is sketchy like that *rolleyes*)

Anywhoodles, i do not have the savvy sellers collection (im still saving for the gold version of midnight hollow), but from what ive read/heard, you can sell every and anything EXCEPT for your baked goods. i.e. jewelry that you create, jams, vegetables, etc. But im not 100% sure, so please please please, dont quote me! lol ;)
  • Options
    @janineisabaws‌ ... totally off topic, but i just realized that youre from the UK (well, i know youre not american because you said "colourful") :grinning:
  • Options
    @tombwriter, I'm actually Canadian but I would love to visit there someday :P Sometimes I forget that it's spelled differently in other places because I'm so used to spelling it that way :D
    MlaomyAh.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @janineisabaws‌ ah, okay. LOL.

@MayaRose1138‌ @simgeek79‌ @charlotteprice‌ @janineisabaws‌ @BlazonReaper24‌ i'll upload some more pics of my stuff periodically, but i would LOVE to see what all of you have done/decorated. We could possible help each other come up with different ideas and give each other inspiration <3
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Your remodels and builds are great! :) It looks very nice how you have transformed the original homes though the refurnishing and layout of the rooms! Very nice furnishing of the home where you based it on the floor plans of a real life home that you saw! The red, white and black colour scheme of the master bedroom, dining and living room areas looks very nice. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! The wall pattern looks nice. The island counter is great. It looks nice how you have used alternating coloured and patterned dining seats in the dining room area. The kimono on the wall looks nice there, and the flowers on the dining table are nice for sims to see when dining. The floor rug in the living room looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching tv. Very nice master bedroom! The glass door clothes closet in the bedrooms look very nice! Nice armchairs sitting area in the master bedroom for sims to enjoy sitting resting and chatting. The pictures look nice that you have placed them on the bedhead. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel in the art corner nook in the other bedroom. The white and black colour of the bathroom creates a great look to the room. Very nice study desk nook off from the living room! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table there using the computer or reading a book from the bookcase.
    Very nice furnishing of the bakery! It looks great how you have placed the counters, and display shelves there. It looks nice the types of and how you have placed the tables and chairs there for sims to enjoy eating what they have bought. Sims will enjoy cooking food using the bakery and woodstove ovens there. Very nice sitting and reading alcove for sims to enjoy resting on the sofa reading a book from the bookcase.
    Each of the builds are very nice! :)
  • Options
    thank you very much @rosemow for the compliments :blush: im sorry that i responded soo late, ive been out all day, and im ready for a glass of wine and to lay back and unwind!
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Wow, these are just jaw breaking beautiful B)
    I love all of them but I know the first one is the one my sim would move into as a starter house in Bridgeport and add an upstairs.....it looked nothing like what you did, LOL My favorite colors are red and black, so you got me on that one! Its just gorgeous ;)

I love the bakery but I would just place them in the worlds and they never seemed to work? Guess you need an actual baker, LOL and I didn't want to spend time running it! Next time I will see if its set on "visitors allowed" which my sim was able to go to it and others did show up!

The Sims you created look great! Veronica, she is different and unique :D You do such great work!

The Bistro is good. I don't like that anyone can go into the kitchen and help themselves! I think only the cook should. And they need a waiter/waitress to take orders. I wish it was more like OFB in Sims2 though :(

I am all over my game, LOL. I gave up on the gardener/cook for now. I cant build a house to save my life! LOL
    I created a new game from a medium CAW and am placing things in there. I need to go to the exchange and get some starter homes though. My Sim lives in Sandy Shoals house right now. Its gorgeous and I don't have to do anything to it. Yeah, I use motherlode all the time and move them to a better place right away, LOL

I didn't know you tagged me! How would I know? If its something I need to check a box on, well, my wall wont let me. It only has the report option. Only thing I can do is change my picture :s

Love all of them and you do such a great job.........and I realized.........you are more of a decoholic than I am, LOL

*hugs*

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited January 2015
    @charlotteprice

You say you cannot build a house to save your life ... But you can.
    Just mess around with the stuff until it fits right and manages to express what you want in the room/build.

Start with a theme or concept and stick with it throughout the build.
    If it doesn't look right ... Don't be lazy, tear it down and do it again.
    Notice things you like in other builds that you see ... Remember how to do the things you like to do in a build.
    Remember that building a house for a particular Sim is different than building a house for just any Sim.

The hardest parts of builds are the stairs and roofs ... Everything else is gravy.
    Once you get good at it and learn the tools, you can build/decorate/landscape a house in two hours that is better than anything the EA staff has put in the game.

Have A Wonderful Evening ... And Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @tombwriter

Good Stuff ... Remodels are always a good way to get into building.
    You have some nice
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    @rosemow, i sureee did, thank you! :grinning:

@charlotteprice thank you! :blush: I hate the fact that people can help themselves as well, so thats why i block the food display cases with half-walls after store hours to prevent that from happening, so now they have no choice but to buy the full plate. But when i get to my bakery in the morning, i just demolish the walls and go back to business >:)

Thank you @BlackSand‌! and remodels are a great way to get into building. Thats pretty much what i did for about a month before i attempted my first build (a mansion). Since the PS3 exchange was shutdown, i have to remake it on here, or i woulve posted pictures of it already. It also turned out to be my longest played game @ 65+ weeks! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    This is my current families vacation home in China (well, duh! .. the decor was a dead giveaway! LMAO) :grinning:

2vsnm1f.jpg
    14dgg9e.jpg
    2upu54j.jpg
    2431f6x.jpg
    21f0fuf.jpg
    5nryaf.jpg
    2ryopc1.jpg
    1zp5fug.jpg
    ngeslk.jpg
    beu8gy.jpg
    2e5mo0l.jpg
    15s4h86.jpg
    x0qmab.jpg
    9abpg0.jpg
    33tl3xh.jpg
    11rurva.jpg
    349fl8n.jpg
    14cb7ud.jpg
    28kkkdh.jpg
    29nhxxc.jpg

The 'Zen Garden' has every harvestable from the EPs and Stuff Packs (except for the ingredients for the alchemy skill, the crystals from Into The Future, and the herbs from University Life)-- it even has all the harvestables that you can purchase from the sims 3 store. :)

@njwilson1986‌ @charlotteprice‌ @simgeek79‌

EDIT - i forgot that i added the Tea Party table after i took these screenshots. Its by the lounge chairs in the pool area (right next to the window)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Your sim family's vacation home in China is very nice! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The roofing looks great! It looks nice how you have used the large glass windows in the build. Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows as well as enjoying looking out at the outdoors views whilst indoors. The Asian style windows that you have placed on the upper front and back exterior walls of the home suits well the type of home. Very nice pool deck! The shape of the pool is nice and it is great that you have a waterfall fountain there on the side for sims to enjoy seeing whilst having fun swimming or resting poolside on the loungers. The harvestable garden is great! Great layout of the rows of plants and fruit trees! It is is great that the build contains many of the harvestables that are in the game packs and the store. The type of fencing that you have used around the pool and the garden looks nice and suits well the home's location. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The Asian friezes on the walls look great! Very nice bamboo tree and flowers meditation nook areas near the staircase. It looks nice how you have done the glassed windows display cabinet there. Very nice upper balcony. The lute and Asian decor on the walls, the Asian windows and the pink flowers there look nice. The Asian themed furnishing of the home is very nice! Nice corner nook for sims to enjoy doing martial arts training with the sunshine coming in through the windows. Very nice design of the kitchen! The Asian type of the counters and bar stools there look nice. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the Japanese grill. Nice side window dining area for sims to enjoy looking outdoors at the view of the pool whilst dining. The orchid plant on the table top is nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst dining there. Nice armchairs sitting alcove. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there having a chat. The patterns on the bedrooms wall look nice. The kimono looks nice on the bedroom wall.
    It is a very nice home for sims to live in when visiting China :)
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    What a nice little vacation home. (*)
  • Options
    I love the home, & I love how you incorporated a lot of the World Inspirations items because they fit really well into the house. I've started to do remodels & builds as well but I'm not sure if I'll post them on the forums or not.
    MlaomyAh.jpg