Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheats or no cheats?

Raychel8Raychel8 Posts: 110 Member
Hey so I don't know whats the deal on cheats for the sims 4?

Are we even supposed to use cheats like idk

Do you yourself use cheats?

I know with TS3 I used them just to build huge houses with big families (motherlode cheat + cheat to fill their needs which I forget) but sometimes id start with one sim and build it up with no cheats!

So how about TS4? I haven't used any yet, but that's cuz I hardly play the game lol.

Are you a cheater or all natural?:)

Edited because curiosity. Going a tinnyyy bit off topic here so I'll try keep it straight forward. When you are playing your legacy do you stick to the "no cheating/mods/hacking that will make you have more luxuries than other players" rule? I mean sure if you're blogging it that's what you're expected to do. But does anyone actually break that rule a tiny weeny little small bit so their founder doesn't die?

Enlighten me, I've never played a legacy before but the idea is sooo appealing!
Post edited by Raychel8 on

Comments

• Redninja52Redninja52 Posts: 200 Member
    No cheats expect building ones
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2015
    The only cheat I use, and not very often, is the moveobjects on, other than that I don't use them, I like the game to be challenging not easy boring :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Raychel8Raychel8 Posts: 110 Member
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > The only cheat I use, and not very often, is the moveobjects on, other than that I don't use them, I like the game to be chalenging not easy boring

Yeah I understand, it can get quite boring when everythings easy
  • fotkittycatfotkittycat Posts: 31 Member
    I sometimes,use motherlode cheat.No other cheats.
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I don't use cheats. I like some challenge in my game ;)
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I depends how I am playing ... I use the motive cheat a lot. Almost every morning. I cheat world motives before I go to a venue. The only time I do cheat motives is when I play my legacy or room challenge etc.
    I personally thought using cheats would be more common among simmers lol. I guess not!
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I use cheats with no shame whatsoever :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    > @ModerateOsprey said:
    > I use cheats with no shame whatsoever

As did I with TS3 but I actually cant figure out any for TS4 except "motherlode" and "stats.fillcommodities_household" :blush:
    Raychel8 wrote: »
    > @ModerateOsprey said:<br />
    > I use cheats with no shame whatsoever<br />
    <br />
    As did I with TS3 but I actually cant figure out any for TS4 except "motherlode" and "stats.fillcommodities_household" :blush:

I should really qualify my above comment. I actually only really use cas.fulleditmode cheat and occasionally the motherlode cheat so I can move a Sim into a house that may be just outside what they can afford, I then use the money cheat to reduce their starting money.

I am considering a small aspiration cheat as reading two books to a kid is turning into a bit of a bind!
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • katakata Posts: 25 Member
    I only use moveobjects and cas.fulleditmode and occasionally something to get around bugged aspiration goals, etc.

I should try to stop using cas.fulleditmode, though, because it really messes up my game sometimes.
  • ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    I use cheats all the time. What I often do is decide on different "requirements" that my Sims need to do in order to earn various aspiration rewards. It's no fun following the same formula again and again, so I'll make them do other skill-related things and get their skills up to appropriate levels, then cheat to put their aspiration level wherever I want it. EA can't tell me how to play in my sandbox! :P
    kata wrote: »
    I only use moveobjects and cas.fulleditmode and occasionally something to get around bugged aspiration goals, etc. <br />
    <br />
    I should try to stop using cas.fulleditmode, though, because it really messes up my game sometimes.

I only ever use it for tweaking the look of a Sim, never for traits. That seems to upset things a bit.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Yeah, I use cheats when I need them. It really depends on the type of game I'm playing and what I want to do with it. Right now, I'm just learning about the game (just got it recently) and I want to learn it all before too much more is added. I'm playing a single Sim who's a collector. I just learned he only has 20 days as a YA. What? He doesn't even have a job yet, much less wife or kids, and has yet to finish even one collection. I feel an age cheat quickly coming on, unless I can find a long life slider.

I don't care for snoozing while they're at work or sleeping, but I know how to take care of that! I do rotate families for different things, but I like learning it all from scratch. There are too many different careers to learn, with options, bonuses, rewards, etc. to sometimes not use cheats while learning them.

Then again, sometimes I like playing a bum, with no house, absolute minimum of anything, and see how long I can make him survive with no cheats. Begging, mooching, eating wild plants, using venue toilets and such, sleeping on the ground when he has to ... that sort of thing.

Other times, I want to see what's it like to live the good life, using cheats to do so. Once I experience all this, I can do the normal, just working your way up there. Too many options and too many things to do! Sometimes cheats help you experience it all.
  • trekkiebethtrekkiebeth Posts: 65 Member
    I use cheats most of the time. I have some households that are specifically no-cheat households, but other than that I use them whenever I feel like it!
    Yeah, I use cheats when I need them. It really depends on the type of game I'm playing and what I want to do with it. Right now, I'm just learning about the game (just got it recently) and I want to learn it all before too much more is added. I'm playing a single Sim who's a collector. I just learned he only has 20 days as a YA. What? He doesn't even have a job yet, much less wife or kids, and has yet to finish even one collection. I feel an age cheat quickly coming on, unless I can find a long life slider.

I don't care for snoozing while they're at work or sleeping, but I know how to take care of that! I do rotate families for different things, but I like learning it all from scratch. There are too many different careers to learn, with options, bonuses, rewards, etc. to sometimes not use cheats while learning them.

Then again, sometimes I like playing a bum, with no house, absolute minimum of anything, and see how long I can make him survive with no cheats. Begging, mooching, eating wild plants, using venue toilets and such, sleeping on the ground when he has to ... that sort of thing.

Other times, I want to see what's it like to live the good life, using cheats to do so. Once I experience all this, I can do the normal, just working your way up there. Too many options and too many things to do! Sometimes cheats help you experience it all.

No need for an age cheat, rack up satisfaction points, buy youth potion :)
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....

Similar to how I played TS3 alright! Im the same with 4 though, haven't discovered the whole game play yet, trying to figure out whats what and what works best and stuff :) Great fun so it is!
  • finefashionistafinefashionista Posts: 168 Member
    I decide on a household by household basis - sometimes I use motherlode to make a family instantly rich and build them a big house, sometimes I like to play the natural way and let them work their way up the careers to make their own money.

I generally don't use the motive cheat on households of one or two people, but any more than that I do fairly frequently.

I also use moveobjects to decorate my house.
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    I usually don't use cheats at first, but after playing the game long enough for *some* of the skill building to become repetitive
    ..Yeah, I cheat like *Plum*! :#
    I decide on a household by household basis - sometimes I use motherlode to make a family instantly rich and build them a big house, sometimes I like to play the natural way and let them work their way up the careers to make their own money.

I generally don't use the motive cheat on households of one or two people, but any more than that I do fairly frequently.

What does moveobjects do? Keep meaning to find out but forget to ask or use it in gameplay :sigh: lol
    Raychel8 wrote: »

What does moveobjects do? Keep meaning to find out but forget to ask or use it in gameplay :sigh: lol

This is what I use for my guide to the move objects cheat:

http://simsvip.com/2014/12/18/tutorial-using-the-moveobjectson-cheat-in-the-sims-4/
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I use the freerealestate cheat to get a decent house for my sims. Then I make them work to pay for the taxes on it. I also use the cheat CAS.fulleditmode to fix the sims that I downloaded from the gallery full of cc that I have to change because they are bald and in their underwear.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2015
    Use cheats when I need them. If I've got an aspiration that the game makes it impossible to fulfill (like some were before they changed the requirements) I'll do everything else then use the complete current milestone cheat. I use the modify relationships cheat to reduce/eliminate the romantic bars between Sims that aren't married/partnered if they have a strong romantic partner (boyfriend/girlfriend and up). Don't use motherlode because I like the challenge of earning enough money to afford a better house/better stuff, but if I'm moving in households that I don't plan on directly playing but want them there for my Sims to interact with (especially families with kids when my Sims have kids) I use freerealestate for that.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I do not use cheats for the most part, except if I am playing my simself and family... because I live vicariously through them and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at least one of us is gonna be fabulously wealthy and just hang out and have everything... haha B)
    I do not use cheats for the most part, except if I am playing my simself and family... because I live vicariously through them and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at least one of us is gonna be fabulously wealthy and just hang out and have everything... haha B)

I'm always too scared to make a simself, It'd end up dying or doing something really stupid and then make me feel stupid XD I dunno, just a stupid fear of mine hahaha