Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bella Goth really does highlight an advancement in graphics

28ur0jp.jpg

I went into TS3 and found her as a child in as Bella Bachelor and aged her to an adult - although, in TS3, she has kind of weird, big, eyes.

Basically, in TS4, the features of the face seem more defined - especially the eyes.

She looked okay as a teen in TS3 - but the make-up is different than when i changed her to an adult:
21ep4ao.jpg

To me, the TS4 Bella looks almost like concept art/an illustration/drawn in inks/a painting, whereas the TS3 version is basically comes across as a computer character.

All images are taken in-game - there is a clear advancement, it's just that some of the TS4 hair is a bit clay-like.

Although, in fairness, there are probably people who could make a better version of Bella in TS3 CAS compared to simply aging her up from a child.

Comments

• dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    No doubt the sims looks better in Sims 4, they just look too cartoony. If they had the textures of Sims 2 they would be the best looking.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    2nvry4x.jpg
    Yeh, I see your point.

🐸🐸🐸🐸! I was trying to justify me buying TS4 purely based on Bella Goth.

No cigar for me.
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Personally, I still like the look of the sims in the Sims 4 better, even tough they have a more cartoony look, they seem more alive to me. But everyone has different preferences and there are many people who probably have a different opinion than me.

TS4 sims do have more facial expression, that's not even an opinion.

The problem with that though is it takes us back to TS2 levels of pudding face.

TS3 went sparingly on the facial expressions to avoid that pudding face.

So I don't consider one better than the other in that regard because they both have their own trade offs.

The problem for me is my purchase of TS4 was purely based on this picture - ie it was the deciding factor:

ts4_render_bella_goth.png

I really do need a way to justify my paw frantically jabbing away at the purchase button on Origin.
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    Except the game is rarely that picturesque :/
  • BlueStreetBlueStreet Posts: 174 Member
    I prefer Sims 2 Bella Goth vs. anything that came out for Sims 3 but I can easily live with the Bella Goth in Sims 4 however I am willing to bet Cassandra Goth is going to replace Bella Goth as the premade sim people will go after.
    Cassandra is just too cute in Sims 4.
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Justine Keaton is where it is at. ;)
    colton147 wrote: »

You're right. Justine Keaton is where IT is at... because she is an it.
    edited January 2015
    It would have saved me a purchase, and make me look less silly, if she had been dangled as the carrot.

Why didn't they showcase her?
    EDIT:
    Or Judy Bunch.

It sickens me to the very core of my existence.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    2nvry4x.jpg
    Yeh, I see your point.

No cigar for me.

Think on the bright side... smoking is bad for you :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member

It is near Justine Keaton? Now I know to stay away, else I would end up as its next victim. :frowning:
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    2nvry4x.jpg
    Yeh, I see your point.

No cigar for me.

Your very rude.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
    edited January 2015
    The more discerning thing about TS4 is the modeling more than the texturing.

To illustrate what I'm talking about I'm using something I messed around with about a month ago.

2is73tf.jpg

If you look closely at TS4 sims its like they left the polygon count at more around this level,

2lbzwm.jpg

and I'll give them a lot of credit for making that level look as good as they have, but its still that level.

zombii3 wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Yeah, like 5-6 years later. That's not really a compliment.

You have to consider perceived quality at a game's current time of release, not 5-6 years later.

Just one of countless examples of TS3 Bella redone,

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/214/e/f/bella_bachelor_makeover_by_swaychoff-d59mcoe.jpg

Yes you can make TS3 look better with mods, but I think he was going for more base game looks of the characters, if I showed you my family I made TS4 graphics look less cartoonish through Mods.. so this argument is really hard to continue.
    Based purely on base game looks - I feel like Bella looks better in TS4 than TS3, it looks sharper, cleaner, simpler. But that's my opinion.

I think his point is of course a game that is 5-6 years older is going to look worse than a game that came out 5 months ago.
    Your very rude.
    To who? I was kind of agreeing with him.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I think TS4 bella look better than TS3 bella.

But Bella with CC skin looks better than both the originals.
    edited January 2015
    Oh, maybe because I have a 'plummed' word?

The plummed word was '🐸🐸🐸🐸 !'

EDIT:
    Was 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

Stinking plum censor thing.
    edited January 2015
    dmel25 wrote: »
    zombii3 wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Yeah, like 5-6 years later. That's not really a compliment.

You have to consider perceived quality at a game's current time of release, not 5-6 years later.

Just one of countless examples of TS3 Bella redone,

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/214/e/f/bella_bachelor_makeover_by_swaychoff-d59mcoe.jpg

Yes you can make TS3 look better with mods, but I think he was going for more base game looks of the characters, if I showed you my family I made TS4 graphics look less cartoonish through Mods.. so this argument is really hard to continue.
    Based purely on base game looks - I feel like Bella looks better in TS4 than TS3, it looks sharper, cleaner, simpler. But that's my opinion.

I think his point is of course a game that is 5-6 years older is going to look worse than a game that came out 5 months ago.

My point hangs on two fronts one being not comparing dated works to current works, but the other point is that the current work as in the modeling itself with the sims leaves less room for mod improvement. So even with custom textures to enhance the sims in TS4, you're still pulling them over rough low poly models. I think the discerning eye can clearly see what I'm talking about.
  • Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    Yeah...TS2 didn't have the pudding face issue. TS3 does..course only if you aren't skilled with sliders
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top