Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

naming your Sims on sims4

You now what I can't stand? I made this great sim family in sims 4 and I couldn't even use a japenese name and the mother because according to EA it was inappropriate. How dare you EA shame on you.

Comments

• SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    If the name, or part of it, contains a censored word then the name is also censored. It's a shame it has to be that way, but there are always those few who enjoy ruining anything they can for others.
  • ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    It's a shame that they'll censor "inappropriate names," but have done nothing about the inappropriate content on the Gallery like pregnant teens and kids. Weirder priorities, if you ask me!
  • rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    I can't get over the Pregnant Ghost Teen I saw the other day. What kind of weird story they tellin??
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2015
    I have a book that lists Japanese names in it. I even made a character for the game, and even picked two Japanese names from this book that I have. They will let you use Japanese names in the game as long as it doesn't have a foul meaning in some other language. :)
  • katakata Posts: 25 Member
    What's the harm in having an inappropriate name if it's your own game? Who are you going to offend? Yourself?
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    kata wrote: »
    What's the harm in having an inappropriate name if it's your own game? Who are you going to offend? Yourself?
    I know that it doesn't make much sense, but I also know where EA is coming from on this. They don't want players to give a character a name that has a foul meaning, and sharing that character on the Gallery. :)

• VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    JAPANESE BRO!

Yeah its unfortunate that they censor the game for the sake of not having to monitor the gallery but its really not a big deal either.

• AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    ArchD wrote: »
    It's a shame that they'll censor "inappropriate names," but have done nothing about the inappropriate content on the Gallery like pregnant teens and kids. Weirder priorities, if you ask me!

Wait, pregnant kids? What. I've seen teens and that's grossed me out enough but I didn't see pregnant kids...

giphy.gif
    Let them eat cake.
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited January 2015
    Amot wrote: »

Wait, pregnant kids? What. I've seen teens and that's grossed me out enough but I didn't see pregnant kids...

giphy.gif

A couple of months ago pregnant preteens were like the most popular sims on the gallery.

Specifically pregnant male preteens.

• ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member

giphy.gif

If you go into the game and search the #teen hashtag right now, you will find at least two families with pregnant children with a bit of scrolling. Not to mention the teen epidemic... It's really unfortunate because it sours my experience every time I go looking on the Gallery for more teens, which seem to generate the least out of any other life stage in my game.
  • GlitzymegGlitzymeg Posts: 153 Member
    bjk607 wrote: »
    You now what I can't stand? I made this great sim family in sims 4 and I couldn't even use a japenese name and the mother because according to EA it was inappropriate. How dare you EA shame on you.

I had this same issue with a Korean name. You can use it, but you can't share it to the gallery.
  • AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

giphy.gif

A couple of months ago pregnant preteens were like the most popular sims on the gallery.

Specifically pregnant male preteens.

I mainly searched for lots so that may be why I missed the really horrifying stuff.

Thank goodness.
    Let them eat cake.
  • PurplebutterflyPurplebutterfly Posts: 158 Member
    > @Amot said:
    > Vlaxitov wrote: »
    >
    > Amot wrote: »
    >
    > ArchD wrote: »
    >
    > It's a shame that they'll censor "inappropriate names," but have done nothing about the inappropriate content on the Gallery like pregnant teens and kids. Weirder priorities, if you ask me!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wait, pregnant kids? What. I've seen teens and that's grossed me out enough but I didn't see pregnant kids...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > A couple of months ago pregnant preteens were like the most popular sims on the gallery.
    >
    > Specifically pregnant male preteens.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I mainly searched for lots so that may be why I missed the really horrifying stuff.
    >
    > ...
    >
    > Thank goodness.

I mainly search for lots as well, and haven't seen the kids, I have seen some teens, and that is gross. I share my sims from time to time on the gallery, I have shared all with my teens, might need to add a #notpregnant for those of us who are not interested in downloading pregnant teens. Why did they even do that! smh...